Austin Blythe to Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
Wasn’t correcting you, Either spelling works for me! Happy If hes gone, support him if he stays
Didn't think so. I thought it was funny

Attachments

• Sign.jpg
    Sign.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 35

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Blythe & his agent might be waiting to see where OL coach Kromer ends up in the NFL coaching ......:oops:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Who knows? It could be East Jabumfook State, in which case, Blythe has used up his eligibility. :biggrin:

Nah, Kromer will be part of somebody's new coaching staff next year or added to one, whose Offensive Line underachieved and don't become sleepless in Seattle where Shane Waldron & Chief Lieutenant Andy Dickerson now roam the sidelines.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just saw the list of best OL FA still out there and you are right - Blythe wasn't even mentioned as second tier FA.

He must be considered third or fourth tier FA by these guys.

That’s why I think The Rams ultimately go with Brian Allen at Center. I won’t say I’ve been a real Fan of his & actually was hoping he would get cut last season.Just don’t think he has been a we first guy.

I did notice him on the sideline and he was into the games. He looked athletic caught a ball in dress clothes.

I think McSnead saying they want continuity are talking about Brian Allen.He has been in the Austin Blythe from the beginning.He played behind Sullivan & next Blythe when healthy.
-Yes Mcvay almost always appreciates Ex-Rams for there time as players.

I look at The Rams depth chart & cap to see the whole picture.Last season I talked about Evans & Edwards being only 23 with a season of NFL experience. No one answered or reply’s back where they thought both would have been drafted in 2020 ?
—I believe The Rams will either resign them or get a Comp pick for there services as Rams.
-I also am very high on Joesph Noteboom’s ceiling & think he will find his way back as a starter? Especially if those who think Austin Corbett can play center ?
-Anchrum was a nice surprise & even got a series at RT.
-Brewer is coming back from a whole offseason to get his mind & body right at only 24.
Havenstien has not been traded.
Whitworth is still coming back,so the bookends are still in place when Brian Allen started at center in 2019.

FOR ALL those against what McSnead is doing, I LMAO!! You ALL can state your cases,but I’m trying to be a realist.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Who knows? It could be East Jabumfook State, in which case, Blythe has used up his eligibility. :biggrin:

For the record - Coach Kromer is still on The Rams roster as O’ assistant.I’ve been to a few practices & seen him take charge & take the backup RG (Demby)on the side to show him how to get under a D’ players pads without holding. As well as foot work by body position.
I also have seen him next to his father since day one at the combines.
Just saying they saw something in Brian Allen. Maybe it’s a thing about East Coast basements. Aaron Donald still works out in his when home.I know now though AD has & is continuing to take things to the next level.
—SJD69 sure looked like he improved from 2 years ago.

—Who really knows though ?? Snead drafting Brian Allen whose brother was in the NFL
—Hopkins whose dad was in the NFL
makes me think there is some DNA there ??

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
Not really seeing the Brian allen case. Dude got manhandled before his injury. If their plan is to start Allen, then I hope they do re-sign Blythe:shock:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nah, Kromer will be part of somebody's new coaching staff next year or added to one, whose Offensive Line underachieved and don't become sleepless in Seattle where Shane Waldron & Chief Lieutenant Andy Dickerson now roam the sidelines.
I don’t see Kromer on that coaching staff. Dickerson I think will be a good addition.The Hags made a trade to improve there O’Line with a veteran guard.
I also think The Rams line coaches did an excellent job with the TE(wr’s). Gerald Everett will have a good season & is underrated as a blocker.He was put in as The Rams HB.
I wonder who will replace him 2021 ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not really seeing the Brian allen case. Dude got manhandled before his injury. If their plan is to start Allen, then I hope they do re-sign Blythe:shock:

As of now that seems to be the plan??
I remember Higbee getting blown up as a TE his rookie year.He got blasted a couple times just from lining up A DE.
Point being players improve.THE NFL is a MAN’s league.Just to get into The NFL you have to be 3 years out of HS. Only in America!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If they resign him and he starts, I will try to root for him but I just know he will fall flat on his face.

maybe that is why he was only resigned for 1 year. Wasn’t Brian Allen
coming off an injury as well & signed in a FA year ? He will be entering his 4th season as a Ram.

Tano

Legend
maybe that is why he was only resigned for 1 year. Wasn’t Brian Allen
coming off an injury as well & signed in a FA year ? He will be entering his 4th season as a Ram.
Yes Brian was coming off an injury.

Maybe he will do better this year. As you say it will be his 4th year in the NFL.

Maybe he has learned something.

But they better have a back-up plan in case Brian Allen fails.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those still on Blythe watch, the 11 personnel podcast did a segment about Blythe and the Rams. Both journalists agree that the Rams are probably still in on Austin Blythe and are just playing chicken with him because he probably wants a longer deal than their offering. According to both of them, the closer you get to the draft the less leverage the player has so the Rams are just trying to box Blythe into giving them a team-friendly deal. they both say that they would guess that life gets resigned still but both admit that they could be wrong.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes Brian was coming off an injury.

Maybe he will do better this year. As you say it will be his 4th year in the NFL.

Maybe he has learned something.

But they better have a back-up plan in case Brian Allen fails.

I agree with that for sure. Why The Rams drafted him never made since
Imo.
Then to cut Sullivan & start Allen with no experience I’ll never forget.We all saw that Blythe was a undersized starting RG.
Drafting a center seems like a must at this point.Hard to see who gets cut though.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Cameron DaSilva
Tue, March 30, 2021, 10:28 AM

ede4c0b52f405769432551ce3bd348bc

Austin Blythe re-signed with the Los Angeles Rams last offseason, inking a one-year deal to remain the team’s starting center. He became a free agent a few weeks ago and has remained on the market, which is a somewhat surprising development.
Nothing seems imminent with Blythe either re-signing or leaving the Rams, which leaves Los Angeles in a situation where it’s unclear who will be the starting center. Brian Allen could be an option, but the team doesn’t seem sold on him returning to that role.
If the Rams don’t re-sign Blythe, here are seven players who could replace him, either through the draft or as a free-agent addition.

Quinn Meinerz, Wisconsin-Whitewater

Meinerz is squarely on the Rams’ radar after meeting with the team twice already, including a chat with OL coach Kevin Carberry. It’s not a stretch to think he could be a target at No. 57, though he’d be a better value at No. 88 for the Rams. There are some areas where he needs to improve and after playing at Wisconsin-Whitewater, he didn’t exactly face the best competition. But at the Senior Bowl, he dominated against top prospects and showed why he should be one of the first centers drafted.
Austin Reiter, free agent
Reiter is still on the market, which is somewhat surprising. He started 28 games for the Chiefs in the last two seasons and didn’t allow a single sack in 2020, according to Pro Football Focus. He earned an overall grade of 70.9 from PFF. At 29 years old, he’s still relatively young and doesn’t have a ton of wear and tear on his body as a full-time starter for two years. Reiter won’t break the bank, either, considering how long he’s been available.

Joe Looney, free agent

Looney started all 16 games in 2018 when Travis Frederick was out, and then another 12 games this past season after Frederick retired. He’s not a top-tier center but he has good size and decent movement skills for the position. Last season, he allowed three sacks in 764 snaps played, which resulted in an overall grade of 50.7 from PFF. He’d be nothing more than a stopgap as the Rams try to find a long-term solution, but he’s more than capable of being a starter for a season in Los Angeles.

Kendrick Green, Illinois

Green can play guard or center in the NFL and projects well at both positions. He’s not a polished prospect and still has room for growth, but his fit in the Rams’ system would be smooth because of the scheme he came from at Illinois. Green is athletic and has good movement skills, allowing him to get outside when the Rams run their wide-zone plays. He’s more of a project than Meinerz is, but Green has the potential to be an early starter in the NFL if in the right scheme – which the Rams would certainly be.

Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma

Humphrey is in the conversation to be a first-round pick and the top center drafted, so he may not even make it to the Rams at No. 57. He’s an experienced player and one of the safest players in the draft, showing good awareness at Oklahoma after being a three-year starter. He’s the type of player who can solidify the position for years to come after being a Day 1 starter in the middle of the Rams’ offensive line. It’d be somewhat surprising if he makes it to the Rams at No. 57, but if they’re determined to add an immediate starter, they could trade up to the 40s to select him.

Landon Dickerson, Alabama

Dickerson is another first-round prospect, but there are concerns about his knee after suffering a season-ending injury in the SEC championship game this past season. He’s an excellent prospect who played on one of the best offensive lines in college football last year at Alabama, continuing a long line of quality linemen to play for the Crimson Tide. If he slides out of the first round and all the way to the Rams at No. 57, he should be a player Los Angeles considers. So long as his health checks out, he could be back on the field at some point in the 2021 season.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Dickerson is another first-round prospect, but there are concerns about his knee after suffering a season-ending injury in the SEC championship game this past season.
My greatest fear: Snead likes gambling on players with high upside with an injury history.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My greatest fear: Snead likes gambling on players with high upside with an injury history.

I can't see him falling to where we pick, so I doubt Dickerson becomes an option, ... but you never know. I still see Meinerz as a huge possibility for us as a potential trade-up by moving Havenstein and/or a 2022 mid-round draft pick. jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Gurley was the perfect example.Same w/ Ogletree. Never understood the resigning of both players.Did it early
than would have thought,especially with the injury history.
Evans & Edwards were risk vs reward in rookie players.