Austin Blythe to Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There are definitely some questions we would all like immediate answers to.
It would be nice to know exactly what their plan is at C.
Right now, it's looking like it will be filled in house and/or through the draft.

losing Austin Blythe might not be a bad thing either. My reasoning now is just looking a best 2021 FA centers & Blythe is not on any of them.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
You are aware that Cushenberry would have got our QB killed, right? Time will tell but his flat feet and lack of technique don’t look too promising at this point

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTkxTioqh04

Lol, no, actually, I did not. (I pretty much only pay attention to the Rams). That video link you provided though seems to show he's trending up. NFL players seem to make their biggest jump between years one and two, so maybe Cush will be decent in his sophomore year.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
Jourdan is just trying to glue pepsi to the wall. She really isn't that well informed. In my opinion of course

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look the truth is that Blythe is a capable player in many respects, including calling assignments, and has been a versatile and useful asset for the Rams.

And durable and cheap. The Rams could do a lot worse than Austin Blythe, overall. I guess we'll see,

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
all good.

what’s your take center right now ??

I guess I’m going to chill & observe this season
First, I am hoping Blythe moves on. Second, I am hoping for a veteran with better Pass Pro to start the season and hope for a draft pick like Creed Humphrey, Josh Meyers, or Quinn Meinerz take over by mid-season.
What would you like to see?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saturday afternoon, "Blythe is close to signing a deal with Minnesota".
Monday evening, nothing but crickets on the Blythe news front and his twitter page is focused on high school wrestling
I think the Ever Given got stuck and consequently freed in the Suez Canal during the time of this "close to" signing

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First, I am hoping Blythe moves on. Second, I am hoping for a veteran with better Pass Pro to start the season and hope for a draft pick like Creed Humphrey, Josh Meyers, or Quinn Meinerz take over by mid-season.
What would you like to see?

I’d like to hope Brian Allen is as good of a player as McSnead hoped when they drafted him.If not Coleman Shelton is the guy.
If Brian Allen or Shelton aren’t the guys it would be Blythe and draft a center The reason is because that is the reports from The Rams brass that
is a basic read on there BIO.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
I’d like to hope Brian Allen is as good of a player as McSnead hoped when they drafted him.If not Coleman Shelton is the guy.
If Brian Allen or Shelton aren’t the guys it would be Blythe and draft a center The reason is because that is the reports from The Rams brass that
is a basic read on there BIO.

Huh? I sure hope not

Attachments

• WTF.gif
    WTF.gif
    499 KB · Views: 68

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Huh? I sure hope not

2017 - I yelled & screamed at all
The Rams Brass. The Rams got lucky
2 seasons in a row.In 2019 Mcvay &’The Rams paid the price.

You can talk all the SMACK you want
& all The YOU-YOU FACES YOU want.

The FACT is what have THE RAMS done ??

We’ll see about the resurrection this Sunday!!! I just Hope it doesn’t come in the Palm to soon.

The Rams have New OL coaches,so there could be a new pattern.

BTW - we should all cheer for Rams Players & have hope they do well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You are aware that Cushenberry would have got our QB killed, right? Time will tell but his flat feet and lack of technique don’t look too promising at this point

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTkxTioqh04

It was his rookie season and it’s not like he was a first round lock. The last I looked Blythe was

Jourdan is just trying to glue pepsi to the wall. She really isn't that well informed. In my opinion of course

There’s always one.

Jourdan is smart and knows football. She seems to have earned a lot of trust with the organization.

But making a mock or suggesting a pick is just be deductive reasoning. Snead isn’t telling anyone outside the room what his draft board looks like.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
It was his rookie season and it’s not like he was a first round lock. The last I looked Blythe was

There’s always one.

Jourdan is smart and knows football. She seems to have earned a lot of trust with the organization.

But making a mock or suggesting a pick is just be deductive reasoning. Snead isn’t telling anyone outside the room what his draft board looks like.
See, that's your opinion just like mine. You're welcome to it. But your first quote was condescending.

She only knows what she's told. Which isn't much. Say what you want but Vinny was sooo much better. Miss him.

Tano

Legend
losing Austin Blythe might not be a bad thing either. My reasoning now is just looking a best 2021 FA centers & Blythe is not on any of them.
I just saw the list of best OL FA still out there and you are right - Blythe wasn't even mentioned as second tier FA.

He must be considered third or fourth tier FA by these guys.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just saw the list of best OL FA still out there and you are right - Blythe wasn't even mentioned as second tier FA.

He must be considered third or fourth tier FA by these guys.

And some have Reiter rated lower than him. So basically there is no ‘good’ options.

I mentioned before that maybe the Rams like enough of the Center options in the draft that they are banking on getting one of them. Many of the centers this year could fit in a zone blocking scheme.

And some talk about Corbett moving to Center. I think Anchrum may be the guy to move to center if they go in house

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
See, that's your opinion just like mine. You're welcome to it. But your first quote was condescending.

She only knows what she's told. Which isn't much. Say what you want but Vinny was sooo much better. Miss him.

Most everyone here likes Jourdan. You may like Vinnie better. I don’t.

Jourdan is very good at what she does and seems very well informed. Even if you don’t think she’s as good as Vinnie, you really go against the grain claiming she’s not good. She’s a good beat writer.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
2017 - I yelled & screamed at all
The Rams Brass. The Rams got lucky
2 seasons in a row.In 2019 Mcvay &’The Rams paid the price.

You can talk all the SMACK you want
& all The YOU-YOU FACES YOU want.

The FACT is what have THE RAMS done ??

We’ll see about the resurrection this Sunday!!! I just Hope it doesn’t come in the Palm to soon.

The Rams have New OL coaches,so there could be a new pattern.

BTW - we should all cheer for Rams Players & have hope they do well.
I do cheer for the players and hope they do well. But Blythe is a free agent so I'll root for him if he's re-signed.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I do cheer for the players and hope they do well. But Blythe is a free agent so I'll root for him if he's resigned.
If they resign him and he starts, I will try to root for him but I just know he will fall flat on his face.