Austin Blythe to Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see him being a decent back-up guard
I know we don't want him as our starting Center, but he can back up at three positions reliably (Guards and at Center). That is valuable.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like it's just a rumor:

And we have a site (Locked on Rams) who is just as reliable as those sites saying the Vikings have spoken to Blythe...so...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And we have a site (Locked on Rams) who is just as reliable as those sites saying the Vikings have spoken to Blythe...so...

Yeah until I see Rap or Adam Schefter mention it I'm not gonna worry about it.

Tho the reaction of him possibly leaving made me giggle.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I know we don't want him as our starting Center, but he can back up at three positions reliably (Guards and at Center). That is valuable.
Indeed. I'm fine with him as an interior swing option. That's his real value IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He is hired to do the job and "Locked On _______" exists for every NFL team as far as I know. Dude enunciates to almost a ridiculous degree but I am sure that he is just trying to be understood well online. He covers the Rams, but isn't that much of a homer, like @Merlin ....

It seems the Podcast tracks get sped up before posting. I listen to 11 Personnel and I can’t believe that anyone can talk that fast. It is kind of annoying

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I trust Jourdan- so that Blythe scenario seems the most likely to occur.

For those who don’t have a subscription, does she have is trading up to lions #41 or down to their #72?
Trading down.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well then I guess it’s Brian Allen. He must be the one Mcvay is talking about by keeping things the same since Sullivan.He was actually the player that The Rams cut Sullivan to start over.
I’m sure he is better know than 2019 without any NFL experience except a couple snaps against the bears.
I all for cutting Allen if that is the right move.Corbett starting or even Coleman Shelton.Why not Anchrum??
Agree - why bring on extra cap space right now.
There are definitely some questions we would all like immediate answers to.
It would be nice to know exactly what their plan is at C.
Right now, it's looking like it will be filled in house and/or through the draft.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I trust Jourdan- so that Blythe scenario seems the most likely to occur.

For those who don’t have a subscription, does she have is trading up to lions #41 or down to their #72?
I trust Jourdan as well, she is the reason I gave in and coughed up a subscription to the Athletic.

Her notion that the Rams will sign Blythe and draft a rookie to groom as eventual starter-- sounds like a good Plan A. Also LOVE the idea of Meinerz as the pick.

Unfortunately I disagree with Jourdan that there's any chance Meinerz would be available after a trade-down to 72. In fact, I think Meinerz won't be available at 57. There's major buzz around Meinerz, I'm sure several teams see his potential. IMHO the only way Rams could get Meinerz is if they trade up for him. Everyone would know he's on the Rams' radar, and some team would swoop in and take him at 56.

Maybe that's what happened with Cushenberry last year. Rams picked 84th, but Cushenberry was selected at 83.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I trust Jourdan as well, she is the reason I gave in and coughed up a subscription to the Athletic.

Her notion that the Rams will sign Blythe and draft a rookie to groom as eventual starter-- sounds like a good Plan A. Also LOVE the idea of Meinerz as the pick.

Unfortunately I disagree with Jourdan that there's any chance Meinerz would be available after a trade-down to 72. In fact, I think Meinerz won't be available at 57. There's major buzz around Meinerz, I'm sure several teams see his potential. IMHO the only way Rams could get Meinerz is if they trade up for him. Everyone would know he's on the Rams' radar, and some team would swoop in and take him at 56.

Maybe that's what happened with Cushenberry last year. Rams picked 84th, but Cushenberry was selected at 83.

You are aware that Cushenberry would have got our QB killed, right? Time will tell but his flat feet and lack of technique don’t look too promising at this point

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTkxTioqh04

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I probably have Blythe's family gunning for me with some of my comments.

Me too. Look the truth is that Blythe is a capable player in many respects, including calling assignments, and has been a versatile and useful asset for the Rams.

Maybe he can still get better. It would be great if we could keep him as a sub. We may well keep him as the starter for 2021.

But I would like to see a more consistent and powerful blocker at center.