2021 NFL Draft: Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

When is the 2021 NFL Draft?​

This year's draft runs from Thursday, April 29, to Saturday, May 1. Here's a breakdown of the schedule by round:
  • Round 1: Thursday, April 29 (8 p.m. ET)
  • Rounds 2-3: Friday, April 30 (7 p.m. ET)
  • Rounds 4-7: Saturday, May 1 (12 p.m. ET)

How to watch the 2021 NFL Draft​

Where can you go to tune in? Below is another rundown of the schedule, plus TV and streaming options:

Thursday, April 29

Round: 1
Start time: 8 p.m. ET
TV: ABC, ESPN, NFL Network
Stream: fuboTV (try for free), NFL app, ESPN app

Friday, April 30

Rounds: 2-3
Start time: 7 p.m. ET

Saturday, May 1

Rounds: 4-7
Start time: 12 p.m. ET

Draft Order - Round 1

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) New York Jets
3) San Francisco 49ers (from Houston Texans through Miami Dolphins)
4) Atlanta Falcons
5) Cincinnati Bengals
6) Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia Eagles)
7) Detroit Lions
8) Carolina Panthers
9) Denver Broncos
10) Dallas Cowboys
11) New York Giants
12) Philadelphia Eagles (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins)
13) Los Angeles Chargers
14) Minnesota Vikings
15) New England Patriots
16) Arizona Cardinals
17) Las Vegas Raiders
18) Miami Dolphins
19) Washington Football Team
20) Chicago Bears
21) Indianapolis Colts
22) Tennessee Titans
23) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)
24) Pittsburgh Steelers
25) Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams)
26) Cleveland Browns
27) Baltimore Ravens
28) New Orleans Saints
29) Green Bay Packers
30) Buffalo Bills
31) Baltimore Ravens (from Kansas City Chiefs)
32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

MachS

Hall of Fame
Can't wait until the Rams take Elijah Moore at 57

I really think there might be a stud WR still on the board at 57. But with VJ and DJax how does it make sense for us to do that at 57?? It just doesn't. Drafting a 5th WR with this pick would be a waste, no matter how good he is.

Which is why IMO we should have spent big on OL in FA, and signed a cheaper edge option instead of Floyd. Then we would be going into this draft able to draft a WR4 in a deep WR draft.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The more and more I think about Dickerson, the more I think we shouldn't go that route, particularly if we have to trade up to get him.

Several teams I’ve spoken with tell me they would not draft Dickerson in the first five rounds due to medical concerns. The long-term effects of prior injuries are as much of a concern as the short-term possibility of suffering a major injury again. I’ve also learned that several teams gave Dickerson a medical grade of 3-minus off medicals, the equivalent of a C-minus in letter grades.

Now, if he lasts until our picks in the 3rd round, I'm willing to take that chance. Not in the 2nd though.

I did, however, sacrifice the life of a pygmy goat and drank the blood of a Southern Cassowary (look it up) in hopes of Samuel Jr. falling to us. So, I've done my part.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stolen from another site this is the position breakdown of the 1st round the last 2 years.

QB (4): Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love
RB (1): CEH
WR (7): Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Raegor, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Wilson
TE (0):
OT (5): Thomas, Wills, Becton, Wirfs, Jackson
IOL (1): Ruiz

Edge (2): Young, Chiasson
DT (2): Brown, Kinlaw
LB (4): Simmons, Murray, Brooks, Queen
CB (6): Okudah, Henderson, Terrell, Arnette, Igbinoghene, Gladney
S (0):

QB (5): Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, Jones
RB (2): Harris, Etienne
WR (5): Chase, Waddle, Smith, Toney, Bateman
TE (1): Pitts
OT (4): Sewell, Slater, Leatherwood (announced as OT), Darrisaw
IOL (1): Vera-Tucker

Edge (6): Phillips, Paye, Turner, Rousseau, Oweh, Tryon (announced as LB, but he's a rusher)
DT (0):
LB (3): Parsons, Collins, Davis
CB (5): Horn, Surtain, Farley, Newsome, Stokes
S (0):

Interestingly enough, 18 offense, and 14 defense both years.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The more and more I think about Dickerson, the more I think we shouldn't go that route, particularly if we have to trade up to get him.
Yeah I came around to that too. Love the guy but we can't afford a whiff here due to more injury issues.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
every single time there’s a player/position that we all collectively want or need, Snead passes or trades down lol, it’s inevitable I feel
You ain't lyin!!!

Last guy they got that I wanted bad was AD.

Well, and Cooper Kupp. I even bet that Kupp would have 60 catches and 800 yards as a rookie. Thank God he pulled it out in the last game... I'd have had to wear a Tom Brady jersey if he fell short...

WestCoastRam

Legend
It makes sense to me that reports that Dickerson's injuries have downgraded him to a late round pick are true as we've seen that with numerous medical red flags in the past. If we want him, dudes gonna be there in the 4th and possibly 6th or 7th. No need to pay a 2 or 3rd for him.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Only one team in the NFL has traded its original draft picks more than the Los Angeles Rams since 2016: the Patriots. That’s evidence of just how often Les Snead likes to trade the Rams’ picks, whether it’s to go up and get a player they covet or to move back when the board doesn’t fall their way.

Heading into Day 2 of the draft, there are several options for the Rams when it comes to trading both up and down the board. Might they jump 10-15 spots for a player they viewed as a first-round prospect? Or could they trade back from No. 57 to the third round in an attempt to add picks?

Here are seven possible scenarios using the Rich Hill trade value chart to gauge the point total of each pick.

Trade up to No. 45​

Rams trade: Nos. 57 and 103 (133 points)
Jaguars trade: No. 45 (131 points)

If a player such as Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Teven Jenkins, Azeez Ojulari or even Asante Samuel Jr. were to fall past the first 10 picks of the second round, the Rams should consider moving up. Owusu-Koramoah would be an especially great pick for Los Angeles, giving Raheem Morris a versatile, rangy defender to deploy either at inside linebacker, safety, blitzing off the edge or matching up with tight ends.
Giving up a third-rounder might be tough for the Rams to do, but the payoff would be huge if they could land Owusu-Koramoah, a talented tackle like Jenkins or one of the top pass rushers in Ojulari.

Trade up to No. 51​

Rams trade: Nos. 57 and 141 (112 points)
Washington trades: No. 51 (112 points)

It’s unlikely the aforementioned players would be available at this point, but it still makes for a good trade-up spot. Washington would like to add mid-round picks and for the Rams, they could go up for a player such as Dillon Radunz, Creed Humphrey, Samuel Cosmi or Joseph Ossai.
It may not be worth it for Los Angeles to give up its fourth-rounder, widening the gap from its third-rounder (103) to its sixth (209), but it should still be in consideration if the right player is there.

Trade down to No. 64​

Rams trade: Nos. 57 (96 points)
Buccaneers trade: Nos. 64 and 137 (97 points)

Trading down is a much more likely scenario for the Rams, who only have six picks to work with. The Buccaneers don’t have any pressing needs and could be in a position to trade up for a player they covet at the end of the second round. The Rams pick up another fourth-rounder, giving them an extra top-150 pick to use on a linebacker, receiver or defensive lineman later on in the draft.

Trade down to No. 75​

Rams trade: No. 57 (96 points)
Cowboys trade: Nos. 75 and 99 (100 points)

This would be a steeper move back, sliding 18 spots. But in doing so, the Rams would net an additional top-100 pick at No. 99. They would then have picks at 75, 88, 99 and 103. With those selections, the Rams could do some serious damage on the second night of the draft. The Cowboys traded down in Round 1 and picked up No. 84 in the process, so they could be looking to trade back up for a player in the second round.

Trade down to No. 85​

Rams trade: No. 57 (96 points)
Titans trade: Nos. 85, 100 and 166 (95 points)

A 28-pick trade back? Fans would probably be disappointed, putting the Rams’ first pick at No. 85, but it would also give them even more ammo in the third through fifth rounds. Los Angeles doesn’t currently have a fifth-round pick, so there’s a gap from No. 141 to 209. The 166th pick could bridge that gap and help the Rams draft a player they like in the middle of Day 3.

Trade down from No. 88 to 106​

Rams trade: No. 88 (47 points)
Jaguars trade: Nos. 106 and 145 (48 points)

What if the Rams keep No. 57 and instead trade back from pick 88? Les Snead said the team expects to get calls about its third-rounders, so here’s one scenario to fit that idea. The Jaguars would be moving up 18 spots to secure a player in Round 3 before the end of Day 2, rather than having to wait until the first pick on Saturday.

Trade down from No. 103 to 118​

Rams trade: No. 103 (37 points)
Chargers trade: Nos. 118 and 159 (36 points)

Trading down from No. 103 is also a possibility if a team wants to make one of the final picks on Friday night. The Chargers have a strong roster already and might see a player they really want slip to the end of the third round. This is another scenario where the Rams could add a fifth-round pick that they currently lack without moving back too far from Round 3 to 4.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It makes sense to me that reports that Dickerson's injuries have downgraded him to a late round pick are true as we've seen that with numerous medical red flags in the past. If we want him, dudes gonna be there in the 4th and possibly 6th or 7th. No need to pay a 2 or 3rd for him.

Well however it happens? Having him redshirt a season with Reggie Scott would be great.I think dude will have a solid NFL career.Might actually have to loss weight & get stronger in the core.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Wtf? I thought he got
Snead having Covid on draft day could bite the Rams draft in the butt. He didn't look too bad today but it could be worse tomorrow, and this happens when he just lost his second in command, who may have been able to run the draft for him if needed. I hope he's feeling well for days 2 & 3. Low energy Les may not be wheel in and dealing Les.
His symptoms won’t get bad as he has had the vaccine. His body will get over it as it has already been exposed. Maybe his immune system is worn down due to the stress of the draft?

Tano

Legend
You ain't lyin!!!

Last guy they got that I wanted bad was AD.

Well, and Cooper Kupp. I even bet that Kupp would have 60 catches and 800 yards as a rookie. Thank God he pulled it out in the last game... I'd have had to wear a Tom Brady jersey if he fell short...
You might as well have bet that you can kill me if Kupp doesn't make those catches because I would be dead before I ever agreed to wear a Tom Brady jersey

Tano

Legend
Owusu-Koramoah would be an especially great pick for Los Angeles, giving Raheem Morris a versatile, rangy defender to deploy either at inside linebacker, safety, blitzing off the edge or matching up with tight ends.
That would be a dream scenario in this draft for me

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
His symptoms won’t get bad as he has had the vaccine. His body will get over it as it has already been exposed. Maybe his immune system is worn down due to the stress of the draft?
Maybe. I’m not wringing my hands. I just know it hits everyone differently. My sister-in-law got it and was very sick, very quickly. She swims every day. She eats healthy. There’s no telling.

And like you said stress weakens the immune system.

Maybe it’s nothing. Hopefully it doesn’t get worse or keep him from his usual self.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mebbe so, just don't want another Robert Thomas. Remember he had all kinds of measurable but never developed.

~ArkyRamsFan~
I admittedly have only watched highlights of Bolton. He looks great in them. But after reading some evaluations I’m not convinced he’s what the Rams need. I know Snead may feel differently but things like ‘easily fooled by play action’, ‘can take himself out of the play’, easily lost amidst the wash’, ‘Gets beat up’.

Same with Werner. One guy said he’s not as good as Laurinotis and Laurinitis wasn’t that good.

Im leaning Barnes at this point but see the fit with Cox and Surratt. Supposedly Snead nearly slipped up twice and mentioned Cox’s name in the pre draft presser. Jourdan said Cox could play slot and move around. Interesting if true. Or was that to throw ppl of the trail. * Shrug*

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah I came around to that too. Love the guy but we can't afford a whiff here due to more injury issues.

Snead says he trust Reggie Scott.I’m right there as well. Who knows ??

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I admittedly have only watched highlights of Bolton. He looks great in them. But after reading some evaluations I’m not convinced he’s what the Rams need. I know Snead may feel differently but things like ‘easily fooled by play action’, ‘can take himself out of the play’, easily lost amidst the wash’, ‘Gets beat up’.

Same with Werner. One guy said he’s not as good as Laurinotis and Laurinitis wasn’t that good.

Im leaning Barnes at this point but see the fit with Cox and Surratt. Supposedly Snead nearly slipped up twice and mentioned Cox’s name in the pre draft presser. Jourdan said Cox could play slot and move around. Interesting if true. Or was that to throw ppl of the trail. * Shrug*

Yeah no idea what they're thinking but they seem to like the ILBs that annoy me lol. The big safety types who dislike contact.

Surratt really is something vs the pass, the guy would be a big upgrade in that light. But his run defense meh. Same with Cox. Maybe the Rams are more concerned with that pass game element off ball and if so both those guys are in play.

But you never know. We run the Fangio defense now and that tree prioritizes ILBs as well as stopping the run. Last year they had to fill Gurley's and Cooks' replacements. Maybe we see them take Bolton or McGrone and prioritize that side.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mebbe so, just don't want another Robert Thomas. Remember he had all kinds of measurable but never developed.

~ArkyRamsFan~

What about Tiossowhayever from Hawaii?

I like Chazz Surratt & Nico Collins & would trade back to maybe get both players ? Hard call what the draft board will be like in the 80’s though.