2021 NFL Draft: Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

When is the 2021 NFL Draft?​

This year's draft runs from Thursday, April 29, to Saturday, May 1. Here's a breakdown of the schedule by round:
  • Round 1: Thursday, April 29 (8 p.m. ET)
  • Rounds 2-3: Friday, April 30 (7 p.m. ET)
  • Rounds 4-7: Saturday, May 1 (12 p.m. ET)

How to watch the 2021 NFL Draft​

Where can you go to tune in? Below is another rundown of the schedule, plus TV and streaming options:

Thursday, April 29

Round: 1
Start time: 8 p.m. ET
TV: ABC, ESPN, NFL Network
Stream: fuboTV (try for free), NFL app, ESPN app

Friday, April 30

Rounds: 2-3
Start time: 7 p.m. ET

Saturday, May 1

Rounds: 4-7
Start time: 12 p.m. ET

Draft Order - Round 1

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) New York Jets
3) San Francisco 49ers (from Houston Texans through Miami Dolphins)
4) Atlanta Falcons
5) Cincinnati Bengals
6) Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia Eagles)
7) Detroit Lions
8) Carolina Panthers
9) Denver Broncos
10) Dallas Cowboys
11) New York Giants
12) Philadelphia Eagles (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins)
13) Los Angeles Chargers
14) Minnesota Vikings
15) New England Patriots
16) Arizona Cardinals
17) Las Vegas Raiders
18) Miami Dolphins
19) Washington Football Team
20) Chicago Bears
21) Indianapolis Colts
22) Tennessee Titans
23) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)
24) Pittsburgh Steelers
25) Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams)
26) Cleveland Browns
27) Baltimore Ravens
28) New Orleans Saints
29) Green Bay Packers
30) Buffalo Bills
31) Baltimore Ravens (from Kansas City Chiefs)
32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

NFL draft: Rams have no pick but lots of intrigue in round 1

The Rams will spend the next three days trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Or trying to keep up with the Fieldses or the Lances, depending on which star college quarterback the San Francisco 49ers choose with the third pick in the NFL draft beginning Thursday night.

Having traded away their first-round pick for the fifth year in a row, Rams general manager Les Snead and coach Sean McVay should have time Thursday to watch what their NFC West neighbors are up to.

What those teams do, as much as what the Rams do when their six scheduled picks start coming up with No. 57 on Friday, will determine just how much tougher the league’s deepest division gets next season.

“The main focus is always kind of looking at ourselves,” McVay said Tuesday. “But we always want to be mindful of those matchups that are going to be important. The first goal every year is to try and win your division.

“So you look at what each of these teams is doing, and what’s going to be the best way to present (yourself) so that when you face these teams twice each year, you give yourself a chance to create those edges.”

Said Snead: “We’re all probably aware of the window we’re in. We’re all trying to, let’s call it, get an edge on one another. We’re all being aggressive in the way we’re trying to get ahead.”

They sure have. That’s one reason odds posted after major trades and free-agent moves showed the NFC West to be the most wide-open NFL division. At Covers.com, the Rams are 9-5 favorites to win the West, but the 49ers and Seattle Seahawks are right behind at 2-1 and 11-4; the win-total line has all four teams at .500 or better, the Rams at 10-1/2, 49ers at 10-1/2, Seahawks at 9-1/2, and the Arizona Cardinals at 8.

The Rams led off, making the division’s – maybe the sport’s – splashiest move of this offseason when they traded quarterback Jared Goff in a package with 2021-22 first-round picks to acquire big-armed passer Matthew Stafford from the Detroit Lions.

But their rivals responded:

• The Cardinals signed defensive end J.J. Watt, the three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year and two-time NFL sacks leader, away from the Houston Texans.

The Cardinals lost free agent cornerback Patrick Peterson to the Minnesota Vikings, but are expected to use the 16th pick Thursday to secure a more than adequate replacement in Caleb Farley (Virginia Tech) or Jaycee Horn (South Carolina).

Arizona picks again, in the second round at No. 49 overall on Friday, before the Rams take their first turn.

• The Seahawks nearly one-upped the Rams in the quarterback-moves department when they entertained a trade offer from the Bears for Russell Wilson in March, before Chicago signed Andy Dalton from the Dallas Cowboys.

The Seahawks raided the Rams for tight end Gerald Everett, new offensive coordinator Shane Waldron and run-game coordinator Andy Dickerson, and re-signed most of their big free agents.

They have no first-round pick and only three in all, partly because of 2020 trades for safety Jamal Adams and defensive end Carlos Dunlap that helped them to the division title. But don’t assume they’re finished. The Wilson trade rumor mill is still churning.

• Joining the Rams and Seahawks in the open season on former Super Bowl quarterbacks, the 49ers prepared to move on from Jimmy Garoppolo when they traded this year’s 12th and 102nd picks and 2022 and 2023 first-rounders to the Miami Dolphins to get Thursday’s third pick.

With Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence a lock to go No. 1 to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and BYU quarterback Zach Wilson likely to go No. 2 to the New York Jets, the Niners can have their choice of QBs Mac Jones (Alabama), Justin Fields (Ohio State) or Trey Lance (North Dakota State).

Coach Kyle Shanahan said after the trade of picks that the idea isn’t to find an immediate replacement for Garoppolo, who is 29, signed through 2022 and quarterbacked the Niners in their Super Bowl loss to the Kansas City Chiefs following the 2019 season.

“We’ve got a guy in here we know we can win with, a guy that our players love, that we love,” Shanahan said. “We’re excited to have him this year, and we’re excited to have a hell of a quarterback right behind him, learning for when the time’s his.”

Meanwhile, back in Malibu … the Rams said Snead and McVay tested negative for COVID-19 for a third consecutive day after coming into contact with an infected person Monday.

The two plan to take their positions at the Rams’ rented “draft house” in Malibu on Friday after taking in the first round of the draft from their own homes Thursday night just to be completely coronavirus-cautious.

“Don’t expect much action from us on Thursday, unless we maybe trade up into the first round, which, knowing Les and the Rams, you never know,” McVay said Tuesday, his tone making it clear he was teasing.

To hear McVay tell it, the Rams “don’t have any major, glaring holes” to fill in this draft. But they do have depth to replenish after losing free agents from nine position groups. An early pick at center, cornerback or linebacker – or a wide receiver with punt- and kick-returning chops – could play a serious role this season.

L.A. is scheduled for the 57th pick (round 2), then the 88th (round 3), 103rd (round 3), 141st (round 4), 209th (round 6) and 252nd (round 7). Their first-round pick went to Jacksonville with their 2020 first-rounder in the 2019 trade for cornerback Jalen Ramsey. If Snead makes one or more trades for the ninth time in his 10 Rams drafts, it could be to swap the 57th pick for multiple lower picks.

Until then, they can spy on the 49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals.

Even in April, McVay said, “It’s a really competitive division.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Game on!

tenor.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
*Space Holder ~ @CGI_Ram

So...is something happening today?

Last edited:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I'm not sure I get any inside scoop or anything, but I have a buddy who is attending the draft this year with a draft pick. He's sending a few of us updates and pics as the draft goes on. It should be fun.

Psycho_X

Legend
What are the Rams thinking ignoring my opinions!!! The season is ruined before it started!!!!!!!!

Just flexing my over reaction muscles for the next three days.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My simple thought about the first two picks...
1). The Jets, JETS themselves out of the best prospect since Andrew Luck.
2). The Jets will be right back here in a few years at the second pick taking the 2nd best QB again.
3). By some miracle Wilson is productive, the Jets owner Woody Johnson will Woody Johnson his team back to obscurity.
4). I will miss their fans booing everything if it all works out.
5). Jacksonville appreciates the Jets more than the Jets appreciate themselves.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
so - 4 QBs with the first 4 picks? 5 in the top 8?
Four in the top 8

Jax-Lawrence
NYJ-Wilson
SF-Jones
ATL-Pitts
Cin-Chase
Mia-Sewell
Det-Sewell
NE-Lance (Patriots trade up)
Car-Carolina-Slater
Den-Horn
Dal-Surtain
NYG- Parsons
Phi-D Smith
LAC- Darrisaw
WFT- Fields (trade up)
Det- Paye
AZ- Z Collins
LV- Ver-Tucker
Mia- N Harris
Min- J Phillips
Chi- Newsome
Ind- Farley (could drop out of the 1st with medicals)
Tenn- E Moore
NYJ- Newsome
Pitt- Javonte Williams
Jax- Christian Baramore
Clev- Olujari
Balt- Owusu-Koramoah
GB - Bateman
Buff- Oweh
Balt- Radunz
TB - Dickerson

My quick guess.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The more I look at it the more I think if we trade back it will be about a 20 spot drop back.

MachS

Hall of Fame
The more I look at it the more I think if we trade back it will be about a 20 spot drop back.

That would only net us a 4th rounder. So trade out of the 2nd round, from 57 to 77 to add a 4th? Not sure if thats worth it. We already have two 3rd round picks so I would stay at 57 and try to add Edge, OL, or CB which are our biggest needs.

Les loves to trade more than any other GM so safe to assume he'll make a few trades. Hopefully not back from 57 tho.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Four in the top 8

Jax-Lawrence
NYJ-Wilson
SF-Jones
ATL-Pitts
Cin-Chase
Mia-Sewell
Det-Sewell

My quick guess.
Miami and Detroit may have a fight on their hands here.

Since I did not see him, I am guessing one of those you meant to be Waddle.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Dropping back to pick up anything less than top of the 5th round pick is risky since it's been reported that this draft bottoms out after then... so a drop back of just a few picks doesn't really net us much. I agree, we would prob need to drop a significant amount to net a worthwhile pick.

In past years, the rams might have dropped back a little only to trade back up in rounds 3-4. But the value of our late round draft picks to trade back up are trash this year due to lack of depth in draft.