OFFICIAL 2021 NFL arrests and lawsuits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What investigation is this?
This one, pretty sure we talked about it here. The NFL made it's ruling and announced the punishments but never released it's findings.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This one, pretty sure we talked about it here. The NFL made it's ruling and announced the punishments but never released it's findings.

AKA - find dirt on every person they can so they can leak out the dirt whenever it suits them.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
NFL Investigation ...

whitewash.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kroenke email problems ?

I struggle to understand what the problem is. If a franchise wants to move onto greener pastures isn't it their business to do so? Why does St. Louis have a right to sue? Did LA or Anaheim sue when Georgia moved to St. Louis? If a factory pulls up stakes and 400 people are out of work, nobody sues. They are just gone. Why does it seem that St. Louis is favored as the plaintiff? What do they feel they are owed? Is it about Stadium rental fees and money lost from games? Once the contract was up future earnings should be a non factor. And so what if Demoff was sending credit ratings and crime reports to Goodell. How's that a crime or offense if they were true?

It sounds to me that St. Louis wasn't a great city for an NFL franchise. It wasn't like the fans were packing the stadium. Did the city do anything to change that before the zero hour when they were desperate to keep the team? It seemed like too little too late.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I struggle to understand what the problem is. If a franchise wants to move onto greener pastures isn't it their business to do so? Why does St. Louis have a right to sue? Did LA or Anaheim sue when Georgia moved to St. Louis? If a factory pulls up stakes and 400 people are out of work, nobody sues. They are just gone. Why does it seem that St. Louis is favored as the plaintiff? What do they feel they are owed? Is it about Stadium rental fees and money lost from games? Once the contract was up future earnings should be a non factor. And so what if Demoff was sending credit ratings and crime reports to Goodell. How's that a crime or offense if they were true?

It sounds to me that St. Louis wasn't a great city for an NFL franchise. It wasn't like the fans were packing the stadium. Did the city do anything to change that before the zero hour when they were desperate to keep the team? It seemed like too little too late.
The organization had every right to move.

But, from what I understand, the problem is the organization led the city to believe that they could do some things to keep the team there. Millions of dollars were spent in an effort to do so when the organization truly had no intention whatsoever of honoring their word.

Psycho_X

Legend
What @Memphis Ram said and that's really what it comes down to and doesn't need discussed until locked. As for the above, the stadium was packed and extremely loud before the last half of the worst decade of football in NFL history and relocation rumors began. I know, I was there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

But, from what I understand, the problem is the organization led the city to believe that they could do some things to keep the team there. Millions of dollars were spent in an effort to do so when the organization truly had no intention whatsoever of honoring their word.
Thanks. Now I get it. They want reimbursement and damages.
What @Memphis Ram said and that's really what it comes down to and doesn't need discussed until locked. As for the above, the stadium was packed and extremely loud before the last half of the worst decade of football in NFL history and relocation rumors began. I know, I was there.
No reason to lock this thread. I just didn’t understand what the lawsuit was about.

Psycho_X

Legend
billy mayes GIF

Report: NFL's top lawyer Jeff Pash brokered penalty, traded diversity jokes in emails with ex-WFT president Bruce Allen​

A new round of email leaks shows a personal relationship between NFL general counsel Jeff Pash and ex-Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen that included jokes about the league's diversity efforts and the brokering of a league fine, The New York Times reported Thursday night.
The report revealed emails exchanged between the two from 2009-2018 amid a multitude of team scandals and prior to a league investigation into workplace misconduct in Washington. Pash later oversaw Beth Wilkinson, the attorney who was hired to investigate sexual harassment claims against the franchise, per the report.

Report: Pash oversaw revocation of WFT fine​

Among the exchanges includes a discussion that preceded the revocation of a league fine of the team, according to the report. In 2013, the NFL fined the franchise $15,000 when then-coach Mike Shanahan was found to have doctored an injury report in violation of league policy.
When the league denied Allen's appeal of the fine, he responded in an email that included Pash and other league officials: “BS." Pash wrote back to Allen that the team needn't pay the $15,000 “or any other amount with respect to this matter and you should consider the fine to be rescinded in its entirety" as he overruled his staff to rescind the fine, per the report.
In another exchange where Allen wrote that he was concerned that commissioner Roger Goodell would accuse him of breaking rules regarding free-agent signings, Pash responded: “He knows who it is and that it is not you,” per the report.

Repot: Pash, Allen shared jokes about diversity efforts​

The Times also reports that the two traded jokes about the NFL's diversity efforts and team's efforts to attract Latino fans.
“I am not sure this song will be as popular after the wall gets built," Pash wrote to Allen after Allen emailed him a song meant to appeal to Latino fans.
Pash also appeared to align with Allen's fight against changing the team's former nickname that's a racial slur for Native Americans. Allen sent him an article about U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell's former high school that also had a mascot using Native American imagery. Cantwell was a vocal critic of the Washington nickname.
Pash responded to the article: “No way. Too good to be true,” per the report.
Allen complained to Pash about the 2016 NFL hiring of Jocelyn Moore as the league’s chief lobbyist on Capitol Hill, per the report. Moore is Black and a Democrat.
“Curious — is there a rule against hiring Libertarians, Independents or even a Republican?” Allen wrote to Pash.
Pash responded: "No, but it can sometimes look that way!”
Allen replied: “We have the Rooney rule …. So I’m going to propose a Lincoln Rule at the next meeting.”
The Rooney rule is NFL rule requiring teams to consider minority candidates for coaching and executive hires.

Report: Pash reassured Allen amid WFT scandals
When the team was embroiled in a 2018 scandal involving sexual harassment and a topless photo shoot of cheerleaders, Posh wrote to Allen: “I know that you are on it and would not condone something untoward,” the Times reports.
Allen was found to have shared a topless photo of Washington cheerleaders in a previous email leak that led to Jon Gruden's resignation from the Las Vegas Raiders, according to the Times.
When Allen expressed concern to Pash over a penalty for Washington breaking the league's roster spending limit, Pash assured Allen that he was "not blowing you off." He then referenced Allen's gift of a Hooters VIP card, according to the Times.
“Still talking internally about this,” Pash wrote. “I am not making any promises as to an outcome. But I can assure you that I am not blowing you off.”
“We may not see this the same way," he wrote in a followup email. "But that does not change my respect or affection for you. After all, nobody else has ever given me a Hooters VIP card.”
Pash also donated $1,000 to Allen's brother George Allen's U.S. Senate campaign in 2012, per the report.

NFL's response​

NFL executive vice president of communications Jeff Miller defended Pash in a statement to the Times.
“Communication between league office employees and club executives occurs on a daily basis," Miller wrote."Jeff Pash is a respected and high-character NFL executive. Any effort to portray these emails as inappropriate is either misleading or patently false.”
Neither Allen nor Pash responded to the Times' request for a statement.
The emails cited in Thursday's report are part of the trove of 650,000 emails that were part of the league's investigation into workplace misconduct at the Washington Football Team, most of which have not been made public amid calls to do so. The Times did not disclose how it accessed the emails.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

That is business as usual. Business is amoral and ruthless. Survival of the fittest. Dollars are all that matters. Leading ST Louis on was part of the distraction, to allow other pieces of the plan fall into place. Let the lawyers hash it out. It makes no difference, it will be a pitance compared to what Kronky makes in the long run. You saw how he let Kann negotiate a price and then swoop in and snake it away. There are no feelings in big business. Only what you can get away with.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
billy mayes GIF

Report: NFL's top lawyer Jeff Pash brokered penalty, traded diversity jokes in emails with ex-WFT president Bruce Allen​

A new round of email leaks shows a personal relationship between NFL general counsel Jeff Pash and ex-Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen that included jokes about the league's diversity efforts and the brokering of a league fine, The New York Times reported Thursday night.
The report revealed emails exchanged between the two from 2009-2018 amid a multitude of team scandals and prior to a league investigation into workplace misconduct in Washington. Pash later oversaw Beth Wilkinson, the attorney who was hired to investigate sexual harassment claims against the franchise, per the report.

Report: Pash oversaw revocation of WFT fine​

Among the exchanges includes a discussion that preceded the revocation of a league fine of the team, according to the report. In 2013, the NFL fined the franchise $15,000 when then-coach Mike Shanahan was found to have doctored an injury report in violation of league policy.
When the league denied Allen's appeal of the fine, he responded in an email that included Pash and other league officials: “BS." Pash wrote back to Allen that the team needn't pay the $15,000 “or any other amount with respect to this matter and you should consider the fine to be rescinded in its entirety" as he overruled his staff to rescind the fine, per the report.
In another exchange where Allen wrote that he was concerned that commissioner Roger Goodell would accuse him of breaking rules regarding free-agent signings, Pash responded: “He knows who it is and that it is not you,” per the report.

Repot: Pash, Allen shared jokes about diversity efforts​

The Times also reports that the two traded jokes about the NFL's diversity efforts and team's efforts to attract Latino fans.
“I am not sure this song will be as popular after the wall gets built," Pash wrote to Allen after Allen emailed him a song meant to appeal to Latino fans.
Pash also appeared to align with Allen's fight against changing the team's former nickname that's a racial slur for Native Americans. Allen sent him an article about U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell's former high school that also had a mascot using Native American imagery. Cantwell was a vocal critic of the Washington nickname.
Pash responded to the article: “No way. Too good to be true,” per the report.
Allen complained to Pash about the 2016 NFL hiring of Jocelyn Moore as the league’s chief lobbyist on Capitol Hill, per the report. Moore is Black and a Democrat.
“Curious — is there a rule against hiring Libertarians, Independents or even a Republican?” Allen wrote to Pash.
Pash responded: "No, but it can sometimes look that way!”
Allen replied: “We have the Rooney rule …. So I’m going to propose a Lincoln Rule at the next meeting.”
The Rooney rule is NFL rule requiring teams to consider minority candidates for coaching and executive hires.

Report: Pash reassured Allen amid WFT scandals
When the team was embroiled in a 2018 scandal involving sexual harassment and a topless photo shoot of cheerleaders, Posh wrote to Allen: “I know that you are on it and would not condone something untoward,” the Times reports.
Allen was found to have shared a topless photo of Washington cheerleaders in a previous email leak that led to Jon Gruden's resignation from the Las Vegas Raiders, according to the Times.
When Allen expressed concern to Pash over a penalty for Washington breaking the league's roster spending limit, Pash assured Allen that he was "not blowing you off." He then referenced Allen's gift of a Hooters VIP card, according to the Times.
“Still talking internally about this,” Pash wrote. “I am not making any promises as to an outcome. But I can assure you that I am not blowing you off.”
“We may not see this the same way," he wrote in a followup email. "But that does not change my respect or affection for you. After all, nobody else has ever given me a Hooters VIP card.”
Pash also donated $1,000 to Allen's brother George Allen's U.S. Senate campaign in 2012, per the report.

NFL's response​

NFL executive vice president of communications Jeff Miller defended Pash in a statement to the Times.
“Communication between league office employees and club executives occurs on a daily basis," Miller wrote."Jeff Pash is a respected and high-character NFL executive. Any effort to portray these emails as inappropriate is either misleading or patently false.”
Neither Allen nor Pash responded to the Times' request for a statement.
The emails cited in Thursday's report are part of the trove of 650,000 emails that were part of the league's investigation into workplace misconduct at the Washington Football Team, most of which have not been made public amid calls to do so. The Times did not disclose how it accessed the emails.
So the NFL is also corrupt. I guess everyone forgot that Roger burned the Patriots recordings of other teams a few years ago, “there wasn’t anything to see”.

My nephew fell into a great opportunity a while ago. It was with Sears. He told me all about how corrupt it was and the abuses of funds by executives. He went to so many extravagant business parties and trips. He said it was unsustainable and was in total disbelief of what was going on. Everybody was patting each other on the back for their success.

Since his experience in that company he’s been head hunted by several former Sears associates and handed lucrative jobs. He keeps moving around. He told me he does the same thing as many people making much much less money. He just got in with the right crowd and they liked him.

I imagine that is how it is with most of the NFL. A bunch of people living high off the hog and being more worried about tee times, schmoozing and parties than what they actually do at work.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
UBER. LYFT. TAXI.

Why. Is. This. Shit. So. Hard???

If you're a pro ballplayer, if you drink AT ALL, just arrange for a car and don't think about it. I don't care if it's one drink... as even one drink in combo with meds ( and how many players after week 6 aren't on any opiates? Lots are by now for sure) can jack you up.

It's like advertising to the world that you got a double dose of shitty decision making as a baby... dang.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
UBER. LYFT. TAXI.

Why. Is. This. Shit. So. Hard???

If you're a pro ballplayer, if you drink AT ALL, just arrange for a car and don't think about it. I don't care if it's one drink... as even one drink in combo with meds ( and how many players after week 6 aren't on any opiates? Lots are by now for sure) can jack you up.

It's like advertising to the world that you got a double dose of shitty decision making as a baby... dang.

It makes no sense. If I was making millions per year I'd be happy to pay some hot chick $50,000. per year to drive me around in my pimped out limo. She just has to wear a cute cap and little else. AND it's a bloody tax right-off !

1109d639cba5ecc496c5d7920776254a.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So many of these young guys have Icarus Syndrome…

They too young to heed the words of wise old Harry Callahan… “a man has to know his limitations”