2021 LA Rams Hindsight Draft - You're the GM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, there seem to be a lot of people disappointed by this draft. I can't disagree. You're the GM now. You get to pick for the Rams. You can also opt to make trade downs if you want. Here is a link to see which players went where:

Here's a trade tracker (that isn't fully updated quite yet):

Here are the picks we ultimately made:
Round 2 Pick #25 - Tutu Atwell WR Louisville
Round 3 Pick #40 - Ernest Jones LB South Carolina
Round 4 Pick #12 - Bobby Brown DT Texas A&M
Round 4 Pick #25 - Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas
Round 4 Pick #36 - Jacob Harris WR Central Florida
Round 5 Pick #30 - Earnest Brown IV DE Northwestern
Round 7 Pick #5 - Jake Funk HB Maryland
Round 7 Pick #22 - Ben Skowronek WR Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick #25 - Chris Garrett OLB Concordia-St. Paul

What would you do?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Man, I can't do this. If I do, I'll get even more sad than I am, and I've had a kind of shit day aside from the draft.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'm not really a big draft/college football guy, do the only thing I would change is the first pick. I'd probably go with an outside linebacker/edge type. Don't know who because I'm not all hip with the cool kids knowing all the prospects. Maybe the seventh rounders I'd grab o line with all of them.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Of all the picks, the biggest gamble imho is Tutu Atwell.

If he can basically be DJax Jr as McVay sees, then it'll be a home run.

LOVE our rounds 3-5. Just love them. All feel like really solid competitors. And don't underestimate the leadership qualities of our ILB in the 3rd. Those guys don't just grow on trees.

Looks like they went pure ST in the 7th and I love that, too.

Did I want Creed Humphries? YES. Yes I did.

Do I think this draft will pan out? YES. Yes I do.

I do think if we grade this draft using 2020 offense, personnel, scheme etc, that it looks bad.

If we grade it based on Stafford being here and McVay's 2021 offense, I think it's gonna look a LOT better... tons, even.

jjab360

Legend
Honestly seemed like more of a Devaney draft but if Mcvay makes a star of even of a couple of these guys we're singing a completely different tune. I paid literally zero attention to pre-draft so I won't even attempt

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well, can't say for every pick, but I damn sure would have picked up Creed when he fell into our laps.

McVay seems to be determined to prove to the world he can win without a stout OL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's mine:
Round 2 Pick #25 - Pete Werner ILB Ohio State
Round 3 Pick #25 (no trade) - Quinn Meinerz OL Wisconsin-Whitewater
Round 3 Pick #40 - Traded to Tennessee for the Pick #109 deal (#126, #166, and #232)
Round 4 Pick #21 - Tommy Togiai DL Ohio State
Round 4 Pick #36 - Shaun Wade CB/S Ohio State
Round 5 Pick #22 - Stone Forsythe OT Florida
Round 6 Pick #25 - Quincy Roche OLB Miami
Round 7 Pick #4 - Tre Nixon WR Central Florida
Round 7 Pick #25 - Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These types of threads would be more entertaining if we revisited the ones from years ago and our resident draft experts had to admit that they were wrong

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Wouldn't change a think because we know McSnead never make mistakes.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The thing I keep going back to is this.......the current regime has gone 43-21 without a first round draft pick in any of those years and as we learned soon after the season ended, without a QB who could read defenses or anticipate well. I can't bitch a bit about any of their choices or their choice not to draft certain positions. As always, we'll see how they play in 2021 but I'm expecting another good year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Funk is going to be an interesting pick if given a chance. He is local to me and been warching him truck kids (including my good friends son, who was 250 lbs at the time) since high school. That kid is made of granite.... The whole family is. Also, he is fast as fuck in pads. One of my fave MD players as of late.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These types of threads would be more entertaining if we revisited the ones from years ago and our resident draft experts had to admit that they were wrong
The Rams certainly outdrafted me last year. But that's the fun of this. You put your opinions out there and see how it goes. If you can't handle being wrong, following the draft is the wrong hobby to have.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
The Rams certainly outdrafted me last year. But that's the fun of this. You put your opinions out there and see how it goes. If you can't handle being wrong, following the draft is the wrong hobby to have.
What's funny is people who put their opinions out there are called out for having the audacity to do it. None of us think we're infallible but we have opinions and have no problem voicing them. I have never claimed to be perfect or an NFL GM or coach of any kind. But last I checked I can still have opinions on what this club I and everybody else here has devoted a lot of time and emotion into. I won't ever apologize for having an opinion or sharing it. People can passive aggressively attack us and that's fine. They can lie and say things like we all hated Cam Akers last year which is just plain false. Most of us thought there were better picks at that spot the team could use. We all recognized he was talented and used to running behind a bad line. We probably questioned why spend a 3rd round pick the year before to only spend a 2nd on Akers, wondering what it meant for Henderson. It's all good in the end. I'm happy to admit when I was wrong just like you and those others of us that put our opinions out for people to read.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The thing I keep going back to is this.......the current regime has gone 43-21 without a first round draft pick in any of those years and as we learned soon after the season ended, without a QB who could read defenses or anticipate well. I can't bitch a bit about any of their choices or their choice not to draft certain positions. As always, we'll see how they play in 2021 but I'm expecting another good year.
Yeah not a fair analysis that record was based on a QB on his first contract with FA room. This season we lost 4 defense starters and a top rotational. This off-season we were in cap hell and couldn't replace those people.

Jj - not replaced
Hill - maybe replace in draft
Ekuban - maybe draft but dout it
Fox - replace by Brown hopefully
Brockers - not replaced

No OL upgrade at all.
Add Tutu as insurance for Jackson

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
McVay seems to be determined to prove to the world he can win without a stout OL.

I disagree, at least if Corbett becomes Center we get a little bigger, and if Anchrum or Brewer replace Corbett at RG, that's either a 320 or 314 pounder. And both Whitworth & Havenstein are listed at 330lbs. Count me as not worried ...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here's mine:
Round 2 Pick #25 - Pete Werner ILB Ohio State
Round 3 Pick #25 (no trade) - Quinn Meinerz OL Wisconsin-Whitewater
Round 3 Pick #40 - Traded to Tennessee for the Pick #109 deal (#126, #166, and #232)
Round 4 Pick #21 - Tommy Togiai DL Ohio State
Round 4 Pick #36 - Shaun Wade CB/S Ohio State
Round 5 Pick #22 - Stone Forsythe OT Florida
Round 6 Pick #25 - Quincy Roche OLB Miami
Round 7 Pick #4 - Tre Nixon WR Central Florida
Round 7 Pick #25 - Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State
Really wish you had not done this

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah not a fair analysis that record was based on a QB on his first contract with FA room. This season we lost 4 defense starters and a top rotational. This off-season we were in cap hell and couldn't replace those people.

Jj - not replaced
Hill - maybe replace in draft
Ekuban - maybe draft but dout it
Fox - replace by Brown hopefully
Brockers - not replaced

No OL upgrade at all.
Add Tutu as insurance for Jackson
It’s the way I see it. I expect a bit of a drop off defensively. There are more loses on that side of the ball that are supposedly being filled by young players. JJ was good right out of the gate, but he improved each year. How will there not be a drop off? Ditto Hill.

As to offensive line I just shake my head. They stand to lose several Olinemen in the coming years. How do they go through this draft and not pick one? Are they going to draft three in 2022? Talk about telegraphing picks. I’ll be shocked if they sign any as free agents.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, there seem to be a lot of people disappointed by this draft. I can't disagree. You're the GM now. You get to pick for the Rams. You can also opt to make trade downs if you want. Here is a link to see which players went where:

Here's a trade tracker (that isn't fully updated quite yet):

Here are the picks we ultimately made:
Round 2 Pick #25 - Tutu Atwell WR Louisville
Round 3 Pick #40 - Ernest Jones LB South Carolina
Round 4 Pick #12 - Bobby Brown DT Texas A&M
Round 4 Pick #25 - Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas
Round 4 Pick #36 - Jacob Harris WR Central Florida
Round 5 Pick #30 - Earnest Brown IV DE Northwestern
Round 7 Pick #5 - Jake Funk HB Maryland
Round 7 Pick #22 - Ben Skowronek WR Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick #25 - Chris Garrett OLB Concordia-St. Paul

What would you do?
I like this topic !! It’s a put your money where your mouth (complaints) is scenario....I’m not qualified which is why I haven’t complained about a single pick because I don’t follow college football....just interesting to see if these “wow that dude belongs on the practice squad” guys will back it up with knowledge.