OFFICIAL 2021 Coaching changes / Black Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Would SF get two additional comp 3rd round picks for losing Salah as a HC? I’m sorry but if that’s the case, it’s freaking horse crap.
Does Staley have any long lost Native American bloodlines? Someone send him a dna kit

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Would SF get two additional comp 3rd round picks for losing Salah as a HC? I’m sorry but if that’s the case, it’s freaking horse crap.
Does Staley have any long lost Native American bloodlines? Someone send him a dna kit

We better get two third round compensatory picks for Staley, and another two for Floyd (whom I think will cost too much to keep) and JJ3, if that's the case.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
What am I missing here?

Teams don’t get compensatory draft choices for losing coordinators that become head coaches.

That’s not a thing.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Minority hirings — I thought there was something passed a few Months ago

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Minority hirings — I thought there was something passed a few Months ago

Why would the team that loses the coach get the pick? Wouldn't the team that made the hire get the pick?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bill, your old and slow. Yur fired. Be out by the end of the day, cuz Staley needs a place to put his stuff ~ Bob Kraft

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I believe the stars lined up just right for Brandon Staley. Before Staley stepped into the Wade shoes, Snead/McVay has secured the best 29 yr old defensive lineman who has been hitting his prime years for 2 to 3 seasons now. Plus the best young 26 yr old versatile DB who is just entering his prime years.

I believe we need to give both the GM/HC some acknowledgment for being fully aware of why type of DC would fit the defensive players already here. Staley is not going to run into too many Donalds or Ramseys.

All the defensive unit coaches were all set & in position before Staley arrive too. So Staley was just plugged into a vacant DC position to bring in his philosophy & insert his versatility & disguised scheme.

If I were Staley I would think it would be very smart to ride the Rams Org. wave a while longer so he can build on his inexperience DC resume. I'm sure that this Org. will pay him with the pay raises worthy of his accomplishments. Many desirable NFL teams will be drooling to secure him as an HC in 2022 & 2023 too.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Stephen A Smith is an idiot.

I've been in trouble in this very forum for being on the SJW side of things....and Stephen A Smith is just fucking WRONG about it being about nepotism or the racism of the NFL.

The ONLY reason McVay wasn't hired by the 9ers is that we wouldn't let him leave after his 2nd interview. MULTIPLE teams wanted to hire him.

There are REAL reasons for the Rooney rule which I agree with.

With that, it's super important to not throw that racism or nepotism card lightly or with reckless abandon. It diminishes Sean McVay, the Rams FO and the entire interview process including the ownership and FO of the 49ers who ALSO wanted to hire him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I tend to agree but who knows. Also the way I feel about all that kind of shit in general nowadays...

1471376192-train2.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What am I missing here?

Teams don’t get compensatory draft choices for losing coordinators that become head coaches.

That’s not a thing.
You do is said coaches are minorities.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's that old saying about the road to good intentions? Yeah this policy was terrible and will remain terrible.