Who’s on your draft “10 foot pole” list?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
New Girl Facepalm GIF by FOX TV

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

And by the way, I don't even care that Tyler Owens nearly broke the broad jump record; he's still an idiot, and I will still pass.

20hrswk

UDFA
I'm not sure about a "10 foot pole list", but if you look back on basically every NFL draft ever held, many QBs are overdrafted - from the #1 pick right down the line. This year "they're saying" Caleb Williams is a franchise QB/saver. We will see. I don't see that.

Will this year be the year QBs turn out as the "experts" say? Probably not.

Will this be the year without several QB "busts"? Probably not.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
You keep moving the goal posts.
Basically you’re discounting any running QB who was good.
You don't get it and never will.
If they are good, they do not stay good for long.
So why invest in them.
If you are going to spend and premium draft pick and pay him over 100 million dollars and build a entire offense around that player the team should get a decade+ out of that investment.
Run first puts all that a great risk. Even if it works the receivers secretly hate it. Not good for team unity.
It can never last a long time simply because NFL defenders are paid assassins and their greatest joy is breaking QBs to bits.
I am not wrong on this. Just look at the rules for protecting quarterbacks.
Broken QBs are bad for the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think the scheme was take the ball out of his hands I think it was we're(Michigan) going to run the ball straight up the gut stop us if you can. The fact they won the Championship Game by 3 TD's it was a pretty good scheme.
Talking about the scheme in general. If you think he's gonna be great that's cool too, btw. I just have reservations.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talking about the scheme in general. If you think he's gonna be great that's cool too, btw. I just have reservations.
And a big one popped up today. Is he capable of throwing an out route? Good lord that was pathetic on those throws.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Still a great hit. I came off the couch with that one. When he moved I knew he was not dead.
That was back around those SOSAR days.
Thanks for posting the clip of that hit.
Still, no run first QBs for me.

Blame Lawrence Phillips for that hit. He didn't even attempt to block Aeneas coming in. Young had no chance on that hit.

Brilliant hit, but the blame falls squarely on one of the biggest busts we've ever taken.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
And a big one popped up today. Is he capable of throwing an out route? Good lord that was pathetic on those throws.
You must be thinking of someone else, he made all the throws today. Peter Schrager talked to a NFL GM down on the field today and he said McCarthy looked the best out of the first group of QB's.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Way I see it he has to be able to move the offense when his run game is shut down and a defense has him bottled up. Can he do that. Well I don't have a great feel for that because Harbaugh protected him so well. And then I think "why did he do that." Harbaugh is no fool.

He looks a whole lot like an SF QB to me in that way. Which is not a positive for me. :laugh3:

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Not sure he's going to be great but I think if he played in Big 12 or Pac 12 he would put up gaudy numbers. It's kind of like Nico Collins didn't put up any numbers at Michigan in comparsion to WR's in those conferences but he was beast this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure he's going to be great but I think if he played in Big 12 or Pac 12 he would put up gaudy numbers. It's kind of like Nico Collins didn't put up any numbers at Michigan in comparsion to WR's in those conferences but he was beast this year.
That's fine. Just a little too much projection for me. I just prefer to project as little as possible with these QBs. So if I don't see them standing in the pocket with some spine and at least demonstrating an ability to challenge defenses downfield I don't see them as a fit for us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great example by whoever (buckeye fan) made that video showing 1 overthrow. While I watched he made every throw led a couple of deep balls to the sideline a little too much but still catchable balls.
If you insist! I don't think I saw him throw one of those routes well. That clip before was hard to find though it was buried behind a lot of these and I'm not even linking all the Ohio St fans stuff.

View: https://twitter.com/hankball_/status/1764040777166979500

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Way I see it he has to be able to move the offense when his run game is shut down and a defense has him bottled up. Can he do that. Well I don't have a great feel for that because Harbaugh protected him so well. And then I think "why did he do that." Harbaugh is no fool.

He looks a whole lot like an SF QB to me in that way. Which is not a positive for me. :laugh3:
I saw him make a couple decent throws on deep balls. I saw at least one guy almost full stop to catch a deep ball and I saw him lead a couple to the outside. But that out route I linked above I honestly do not recall him making a single one. I absolutely could be wrong but from what I saw he was terrible on that staple NFL route.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
If you insist! I don't think I saw him throw one of those routes well. That clip before was hard to find though it was buried behind a lot of these and I'm not even linking all the Ohio St fans stuff.

View: https://twitter.com/hankball_/status/1764040777166979500

LOL when I watched that looked like some of Hartman's throws. Milton's sailed over their head or they had to stop route to catch it.Denver is probably taking him at I think it's 12 so we don't have to worry.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL when I watched that looked like some of Hartman's throws. Milton's sailed over their head or they had to stop route to catch it.Denver is probably taking him at I think it's 12 so we don't have to worry.
Milton is terrible and Harman has no arm at all. I never called them good, I do have questions on McCarthy making that one throw that's a feature in every NFL offense that he missed there above and I saw miss a lot today.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I saw him make a couple decent throws on deep balls. I saw at least one guy almost full stop to catch a deep ball and I saw him lead a couple to the outside. But that out route I linked above I honestly do not recall him making a single one. I absolutely could be wrong but from what I saw he was terrible on that staple NFL route.
He hit everyone throwing to the other side of the field when I watched. He's great throwing on the run to his right.