Who’s on your draft “10 foot pole” list?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mahomes to me is best QB I have ever seen, even if he were to never play another down. That said, the mobile/running qualification is really subjective because it doesnt consider the talent surrounding him.
Mahomes came in to the league and was throwing to future HOF Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce both reaching their peak, had all pros on the oline and a terrific RB in Hunt. Heck, his backup WR's, Watkins, DEmarcus & Hardman are equal or better than anything Lamar has had.
Cant win without weapons, and I dont think Lamar has had anything close to championship caliber.
So he utilizes the best weapon they have, himself
Not entirely subjective. I don’t have the data, but one could look at (1) number of designed running plays, (2) runs per drop back, and (3) average “bail out” (giving up on pass play and running) time and come up with a standard.

I’ll leave that to the folks at PFF to work on!

And, yes, I agree that the talent of the rest of the offense has a big impact on the way the QB plays but, in practice, I do believe you can distinguish between the running strong play vs. the mobile style.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I haven't changed on the QBs from these workouts. Williams, Maye, and Daniels probably off the board in the top ten. I think all three are worthy of that range too. All three bring risk by the way, I don't think even Williams is a sure thing. That does not exist without hindsight. Williams has the least risk but arrogance and drama might be problems with him. Maye has a load of concerns but of all these guys he had the least to work with in terms of team around him. Daniels the risk is he was surrounded by studs so to what extent is he a product of that.

McCarthy listed as going as high as 4 which I think is fucking insane but hey I am no scout. Hopefully that happens, man am I hoping. But to me he's a round 2 type, late first round at earliest where a team parks him on the depth chart type pick.

Penix is the guy I think should be listed as high as 4. If he's on the board after pick ten I see him as a value. He might be the best QB in this draft in five years, just has to clear on the medical side.

Nix is a real wildcard. His short game dependency is a major red flag to me. But so many teams actually do that now in the NFL or are planning to. So it would not surprise me to see him go late first round but to my eye he's a round 2/3 QB, let's call it round 2 due to supply and demand being what it is.

Pratt's a backup. I don't think he's got the mentality or skills to be the guy. So midrounds IMO.

Rattler has a lot of romancing going on in the media but he's probably a backup as well, so my guess on him is midrounds and that's where I'd consider him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He was never the reason they won any of their games, dink and dunk with YAC.
I get it that the media wants the kid to be special, but I dont see anything on the field that shows it.
Was terrible against Georgia in his first bowl start, embarrassing turnover fest against TCU in the semifinal in 2022 and was lucky as fuck against 'Bama with the INT they called back and the only pass he completed down the field was off a tipped ball.
I'm a Michigan fan and I didn't like the way he looked sometimes. Tentative. Late. I do like his mobility and he does have zip on the ball. I surely don't put him in the stud category but I wouldn't put him in the gonna be a bust category either. He will need to go to a patient quasi-QB-savant type of head coach. McVay certainly doesn't strike me as the patient type.

My 10 foot pole candidate? Anybody who's going to be a project.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I'm a Michigan fan and I didn't like the way he looked sometimes. Tentative. Late. I do like his mobility and he does have zip on the ball. I surely don't put him in the stud category but I wouldn't put him in the gonna be a bust category either. He will need to go to a patient quasi-QB-savant type of head coach. McVay certainly doesn't strike me as the patient type.

My 10 foot pole candidate? Anybody who's going to be a project.
Give It To Me Want GIF