Who’s on your draft “10 foot pole” list?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
As in “I would not touch him with a…” (among consensus Top 75 prospects).

Mine:

Michael Penix, QB, Washington
Sure, he had a very good college career, particularly last season. He also has a bad track record staying healthy, and benefited from a WR with three players who will be drafted (including Rome Odunze). Not interested.

Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
I keep reading about his athleticism, but where’s the production? In the 16 games he played over 3 years (!) he had 6 sacks. No thanks.

Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
I just don’t trust OL from the Big 12. Plus, despite the fact that his strength is pass blocking, he has no left side experience. Better options elsewhere.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't know if there are guys who I wouldn't touch at all unless they were medical failures or a character thing I haven't heard about yet but there are definitely guys where the poll I touch them with grows and shrinks per round.

I like Penix in the end of 2nd/early 3rd.

Chop at the middle of the 2nd.

Guyton top of the 2nd.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know if there are guys who I wouldn't touch at all unless they were medical failures or a character thing I haven't heard about yet but there are definitely guys where the poll I touch them with grows and shrinks per round.
To be clear, I’m presuming that Top 75 prospect will cost a Day 1-2 selection. So, for example, I’m not saying I wouldn’t take Penix in Round 7, I’m saying I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole in Rounds 1-3.

WestCoastRam

Legend
To be clear, I’m presuming that Top 75 prospect will cost a Day 1-2 selection. So, for example, I’m not saying I wouldn’t take Penix in Round 7, I’m saying I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole in Rounds 1-3.
Ah, I wasn't clear on that. Whelp. You still have my answer!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Tyler Guyton, Taliesi Fuaga, J.C. Latham, Kool-Aid McKinstry, Kamari Lassiter.

(Williams reminds me more of Kyler Murray than Patrick Mahomes, and I don’t trust him to lead a team. Nix has to address how horrid he was at Auburn, and that’s a killer for me. Fuaga’s pass-protection technique is an automatic no. Latham is athletic, but he’s only ever played right tackle and was awful against good teams, so absolutely no way. Guyton? Right tackle from Oklahoma. No thanks, we tried that. McKinstry is way overrated. Lassiter’s ball skills aren’t nearly enough for me to draft him.

I’d say Amarius Mims as well, but I would take him with a trade-down in the late first/early second (and I’m talking #32 at the highest).

In addition, Latu’s medical issues are too concerning for #19. With a late first? Sure, but there’s absolutely no way I risk it at our current spot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's funny that two of my favorite players in this class are listed above (Penix & Latu). Personally I don't know enough to exclude players from a draft board, assuming I had one which I don't.

Guys with low production need to be taken later than they would otherwise, as a general rule. Medical questions I'd need access to the medical reports which I obviously don't so given what I know which is nothing I would sprint to the podium to take Latu at 19 if he slides to us.

Why? Because he is an edge we wouldn't touch otherwise where we typically draft. The guy has a fully evolved game. He is a guy you want on your side in a big moment and has a knack for making plays. You tell me a guy who led the nation in TFL (1.8 per game) isn't on your board... Well if so I hope your medical information is ironclad. He's the first UCLA player to ever win the Lombardi and Hendricks awards. There's good reason for that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny that two of my favorite players in this class are listed above (Penix & Latu). Personally I don't know enough to exclude players from a draft board, assuming I had one which I don't.

Guys with low production need to be taken later than they would otherwise, as a general rule. Medical questions I'd need access to the medical reports which I obviously don't so given what I know which is nothing I would sprint to the podium to take Latu at 19 if he slides to us.

Why? Because he is an edge we wouldn't touch otherwise where we typically draft. The guy has a fully evolved game. He is a guy you want on your side in a big moment and has a knack for making plays. You tell me a guy who led the nation in TFL (1.8 per game) isn't on your board... Well if so I hope your medical information is ironclad. He's the first UCLA player to ever win the Lombardi and Hendricks awards. There's good reason for that.
"I just need a 5ft 7 speedy WR for Go Routes and PR's. I think we can trade a 1st and 2nd rounder to get in the sweet spot!?" ~ Merlin

"Testify!" ~ McVay

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Laiatu Latu’s a massively-talented player, but medically, he’s concerning; we’re talking about forced medical retirement at Washington from a neck injury. This isn’t Robert Quinn’s tumor, which was benign since high school; we’re talking a neck injury where Washington’s doctors said it was too dangerous to keep playing - as recently as two years ago.

If it was a late first, I’d jump, but with a top twenty pick, there’s just far too much risk, even for me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Laiatu Latu’s a massively-talented player, but medically, he’s concerning; we’re talking about forced medical retirement at Washington from a neck injury. This isn’t Robert Quinn’s tumor, which was benign since high school; we’re talking a neck injury where Washington’s doctors said it was too dangerous to keep playing - as recently as two years ago.

If it was a late first, I’d jump, but with a top twenty pick, there’s just far too much risk, even for me.
"I need I need a Chartarious2.0, Les ~ Mem

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Penix and Nix

Kingsley Suiamataia is working on to the list and I started off a Patrick Paul fan but the more I watch games he played the less I like him. If we were just drafting a RT give me Christian Jones from Texas

I'm not a big Troy Franklin fan but I wouldn't put him on that list

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m skeptical of anyone named Kool-Aid or Chop.
I can't help but like the other Edge for Penn St more than Chop maybe it's just me but I'll take Adisa Isaac over Chop.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well, as a Rams fan, I wouldn't touch JJ McCarthy anywhere near the 1st. The dude might be great, but we'd never know from his very limited college play (not his fault).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, as a Rams fan, I wouldn't touch JJ McCarthy anywhere near the 1st. The dude might be great, but we'd never know from his very limited college play (not his fault).
Agreed. I am hoping he's off the board before we pick. Kid had everything around him and they went out of their way in scheme to take the ball out of his hands. Hard pass.

If the Rams take him I'll get behind the pick of course. Even at 19. But I'll be pissed. Round 2 would be much more palatable to me.

methomas50

Rookie
As in “I would not touch him with a…” (among consensus Top 75 prospects).

Mine:

Michael Penix, QB, Washington
Sure, he had a very good college career, particularly last season. He also has a bad track record staying healthy, and benefited from a WR with three players who will be drafted (including Rome Odunze). Not interested.

Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
I keep reading about his athleticism, but where’s the production? In the 16 games he played over 3 years (!) he had 6 sacks. No thanks.

Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
I just don’t trust OL from the Big 12. Plus, despite the fact that his strength is pass blocking, he has no left side experience. Better options elsewhere.
Actually I got on the Fox site 12 sacks in three seasons, but I agree, let someone else take him early. I'd rather have Darius Robinson if they go that route, or Byron Murphy.