Who’s on your draft “10 foot pole” list?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
My trio:

Michael Penix QB: accuracy issues, forces throws, doesn’t read defences well or make adjustments. Footwork and mechanics also need work.

Kool-Aid McKinstry CB: I was a big fan going into 2023 but he was completely outplayed by Terrion Arnold opposite him. McKinstry lacks fluidity and tenacity. There are also widespread rumours that his work ethic is terrible.

Taliese Fuaga OT: poor footwork and lacks bend/balance. Short arms for an OT. Doesn’t anchor securely enough to be an elite guard. A solid player but not worthy of a premium pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would like to share my thoughts here however last year my "wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole" was Stetson Bennett and we all know how that worked out

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would like to share my thoughts here however last year my "wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole" was Stetson Bennett and we all know how that worked out
Sounds like Les owes you one.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Just curious.... think you could come up with 6 numbers between 1-100 for me by next Wed, Sat or next Monday?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Man, I gotta say, I don't love Penix early in the draft but would totally take a swing at him in the 3rd. Possibly late 2nd depending on how our FA and 1st round net out. And as long as his medicals are cool. There's so much to work with there. Just needs to be developed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can't teach a QB "balls."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys may be right on Penix, seeing as how many don't like him. But to me he's got balls on the field which is the metric I'm most worried about.

I will also admit that what really matters is whether he does well on the whiteboard and bro session with McVay and company. If not then he definitely is not in play for us. And I tend to think he's not in play for us anyway because I doubt we go QB early. It is of course possible but seems unlikely to me, and Penix will be off the board before our pick in round 2.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
You guys may be right on Penix, seeing as how many don't like him. But to me he's got balls on the field which is the metric I'm most worried about.

I will also admit that what really matters is whether he does well on the whiteboard and bro session with McVay and company. If not then he definitely is not in play for us. And I tend to think he's not in play for us anyway because I doubt we go QB early. It is of course possible but seems unlikely to me, and Penix will be off the board before our pick in round 2.
I have a hard time figuring him out.
I haven’t seen much of him….and he looked amazing at times.
He just didn’t look that good in the Championship game.
The guy might end up being a great NFL QB, though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Any QB before the 5th round. Just don't think it's the year.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
What I think is missed in the championship is Penix did get injured in the 3rd quarter(injured ankle) but toughed it out. He also was getting blasted most of the game. Sure he should have handled pressure better, but, Michigan did have the best D in college. No excuse, but, he showed me something staying in the game when his ankle was definitely not right.

dang

Legend
I can't help but like the other Edge for Penn St more than Chop maybe it's just me but I'll take Adisa Isaac over Chop.
I like Isaac’s TFL (16) in 2023.
Pork Chop (7.5). Verse (12.5).
Latu (21.5). Turner (14.5).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What I think is missed in the championship is Penix did get injured in the 3rd quarter(injured ankle) but toughed it out. He also was getting blasted most of the game. Sure he should have handled pressure better, but, Michigan did have the best D in college. No excuse, but, he showed me something staying in the game when his ankle was definitely not right.

I think it was his ribs ? He was coming up short on throws.I saw him hold his ribs & then later in the game I saw he had a rib guard.

I like his size(height) & how smooth & quick he throws the football.I don’t think he’s there at 19. - plus - need to see more to get sold.

I also like the young QB’s on open market 2025.Singing Wentz might be good,but at what price.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. No QB looks great when the defense is whipping your collective ass. Michigan's defense got it done.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Running quarterbacks, any of them. Do not care who, what they are but no running quarterbacks.
Why, it ends up being about them. In the ultimate team game.
Drop back passers that can run a little when needed are fine.
But no offense with a bunch of dedicated QB run plays.
Normal offense, QB drops back, gets protected, receivers do their jobs, be where they are supposed to be and on time. QB throws the ball, receiver catches the ball in stride and runs up field.
EVERYONE gets credit.
Running QBs, its about them throwing the offense on their backs. Receivers start to think they are not getting the ball no matter how open they get. Then they stop trying as hard as they can every play.
Those QBs have trouble throwing receivers open.
Don,t believe me, show me all the "running" quarterbacks who have won the Super Bowl.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@gogoat1 what do I get if I prove you wrong?

Did you not watch the last superbowl? Mahomes ran for 66 yards and still completed 74% of his passes to receivers who lead the league in dropped passes.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it was his ribs ? He was coming up short on throws.I saw him hold his ribs & then later in the game I saw he had a rib guard.

I like his size(height) & how smooth & quick he throws the football.I don’t think he’s there at 19. - plus - need to see more to get sold.

I also like the young QB’s on open market 2025.Singing Wentz might be good,but at what price.
Yes, his ribs and his ankle. Think his own OL stepped on the side of his ankle in the 3rd quarter and it turned it, likely spraining it in a bad way. But yes, I remember him holding his ribs from one of the many pile driver hits he took earlier. I don't really use that game much as a barometer on if Penix is good. Its a piece, but not my sole evaluation.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It may be against popular opinion on here, but, I'd put JPJ on the list of guys I wouldn't touch at 19. He is not a flawless center prospect. He had an amazing senior bowl week which certainly increased his stock, but, I'd only ever consider a center in the 1st round if they had no real deficiencies, he does. Add to the fact that the center/guard FA class is loaded and we could and should easily address it there prior to the draft, and I'm out on JPJ at 19.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Merril Hoge reveals why he has ‘big concern’ over Drake Maye ahead of 2024 NFL Draft​

View: https://x.com/theherd/status/1762578679241359743?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

This is definitely the knock on him though I've heard others say better things about his ability to see pressure. The question is for a lot of this stuff, was he "supermaning" and forcing things to make stuff happen on a not great team or was he truly not seeing a lot of things.

His interviews are going to be the thing that gets him the 2nd pick or drops him to 3rd. Coaches are gonna grill in on the white board and over his interceptions.