Who’s on your draft “10 foot pole” list?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It may be against popular opinion on here, but, I'd put JPJ on the list of guys I wouldn't touch at 19. He is not a flawless center prospect. He had an amazing senior bowl week which certainly increased his stock, but, I'd only ever consider a center in the 1st round if they had no real deficiencies, he does. Add to the fact that the center/guard FA class is loaded and we could and should easily address it there prior to the draft, and I'm out on JPJ at 19.
Nate Tice was talking on his pod how center has the greatest deviation between athletic talent and being a top player at the position. The best centers in the league over the years showed horribly in athletic testing. Guys like Rodney Hudson.

JPJ is athletically a marvel, his hands aren't quite as good and not sure about his processing. Haven't really looked into him but sounds like he could do well at guard too. Just not sure there's a LT prospect that's better where we'll be picking.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It may be against popular opinion on here, but, I'd put JPJ on the list of guys I wouldn't touch at 19. He is not a flawless center prospect. He had an amazing senior bowl week which certainly increased his stock, but, I'd only ever consider a center in the 1st round if they had no real deficiencies, he does. Add to the fact that the center/guard FA class is loaded and we could and should easily address it there prior to the draft, and I'm out on JPJ at 19.
He might be something of a “tweener” - #19 possibly too high, likely not there at #52, a good option in late 1st/early 2nd, making him a good option if the Rams trade back 10-20 spots.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The WVU center is stout as hell. Frazier. There's some good options but we won't be in good position for him unless we trade down. Plus I'm old school with linemen, in that I don't like the idea of taking a center high unless he's one bad MFer.

I'd rather see them take an OT like Guyton or Fautanu then slide Jackson to RG and grab a 3-5 round center. But you just never know with the Rams. They're a pain in the ass to try to predict with the line.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
@gogoat1 what do I get if I prove you wrong?

Did you not watch the last superbowl? Mahomes ran for 66 yards and still completed 74% of his passes to receivers who lead the league in dropped passes.
Mahomes is a pass first guy who can run. Its about his golden arm more than his legs.
I can not remember a whole lot of designed runs for him, maybe a few.
Any OC who runs that guy into a pile should be fired . He had one of the best arms in NFL history.
All the QBs who run a lot get beat up. NFL defenders are freaks of nature with the wanton desire to break quarterbacks into little pieces and they are good at it.
There is a long list of QBs, Vick, McNair ect who could not sustain the beating.
Protect their arms, legs and brain and your team will be better off.
You did not prove anybody wrong.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Nate Tice was talking on his pod how center has the greatest deviation between athletic talent and being a top player at the position. The best centers in the league over the years showed horribly in athletic testing. Guys like Rodney Hudson.

JPJ is athletically a marvel, his hands aren't quite as good and not sure about his processing. Haven't really looked into him but sounds like he could do well at guard too. Just not sure there's a LT prospect that's better where we'll be picking.
I'd only be happy if we traded down first. Shelton is not going to be terribly expensive and I'd MUCH rather just resign him and free up that need then use 19 on a center, who I don't find to be as good of a prospect as they guy we took last year in the 2nd.
The WVU center is stout as hell. Frazier. There's some good options but we won't be in good position for him unless we trade down. Plus I'm old school with linemen, in that I don't like the idea of taking a center high unless he's one bad MFer.

I'd rather see them take an OT like Guyton or Fautanu then slide Jackson to RG and grab a 3-5 round center. But you just never know with the Rams. They're a pain in the ass to try to predict with the line.
Really starting to like Frazier and I don't think there is a massive gap in talent between him and JPJ. Frazier is a mid to late 2nd rounder too most likely. I like that far better then a mid 1st for a center (which the NFL doesn't value much based upon AAV).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mahomes is a pass first guy who can run. Its about his golden arm more than his legs.
I can not remember a whole lot of designed runs for him, maybe a few.
Any OC who runs that guy into a pile should be fired . He had one of the best arms in NFL history.
All the QBs who run a lot get beat up. NFL defenders are freaks of nature with the wanton desire to break quarterbacks into little pieces and they are good at it.
There is a long list of QBs, Vick, McNair ect who could not sustain the beating.
Protect their arms, legs and brain and your team will be better off.
You did not prove anybody wrong.
Russell Wilson?
Steve Young?

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Frazier - yes please. I’m really starting to want this guy.

Tip? Seriously, Tip? No way I want a guy named Tip on my team.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Frazier - yes please. I’m really starting to want this guy.

Tip? Seriously, Tip? No way I want a guy named Tip on my team.
There was a vid posted of him in another thread. He fared well in pass blocking, and looked proficient in power, duo, and the couple clips of outside zone. He’s versatile and finishes with assertiveness. He’d be a good consolation if the Rams trade back to the top of the 2nd.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Love Frazier!

dang

Legend
This is definitely the knock on him though I've heard others say better things about his ability to see pressure. The question is for a lot of this stuff, was he "supermaning" and forcing things to make stuff happen on a not great team or was he truly not seeing a lot of things.

His interviews are going to be the thing that gets him the 2nd pick or drops him to 3rd. Coaches are gonna grill in on the white board and over his interceptions.
I thought Hoge went the route of Gary Busey about 5 years ago.

dang

Legend
He might be something of a “tweener” - #19 possibly too high, likely not there at #52, a good option in late 1st/early 2nd, making him a good option if the Rams trade back 10-20 spots.
Like JPJ if we trade back to late R1 or early R2. IMO R1.19 is too rich for him.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Like JPJ if we trade back to late R1 or early R2. IMO R1.19 is too rich for him.
If he makes it to #19, I'd guess #24 (Dallas) will be the latest he's on the board. That is, unless something pops up medically or off the field.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Russell Wilson?
Steve Young?
Pass first, run when the need to QBs. Young,s career got ended on a run. He could have died.
They are not anything like M Vick or J Hurt.Hurt is a beast but even he gets beat up.
Do not stick your head out and let heavyweight boxers take shots at your skull.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have no idea what a “running QB” is in this discussion.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pass first, run when the need to QBs. Young,s career got ended on a run. He could have died.
They are not anything like M Vick or J Hurt.Hurt is a beast but even he gets beat up.
Do not stick your head out and let heavyweight boxers take shots at your skull.
You keep moving the goal posts.
Basically you’re discounting any running QB who was good.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Agreed. I am hoping he's off the board before we pick. Kid had everything around him and they went out of their way in scheme to take the ball out of his hands. Hard pass.

If the Rams take him I'll get behind the pick of course. Even at 19. But I'll be pissed. Round 2 would be much more palatable to me.
I don't think the scheme was take the ball out of his hands I think it was we're(Michigan) going to run the ball straight up the gut stop us if you can. The fact they won the Championship Game by 3 TD's it was a pretty good scheme.

Last edited: