Who else isn’t watching the Super Bowl?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
The last game I watched was the Rams loss.

I have new brake shoes to install and I need to turn down the drums, so I'm waiting to do that superbowl sunday.

If it was Jacksonville vs Minnesota, I would have watched. Not interested in Philly or New England.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll be watching. I have never missed a Super Bowl, it started with SB III and Joe Namath. Believe me I have as much loathing for this evil empire as anyone but’s it’s not going to stop me from watching a game that I've loved watching since my childhood. Since that horrible, heinous, scandalous SB XXXVI debauchery :mad: which started my loathing for this evil empire, it’s given me great pleasure watching this team get beat in the SB (TY Giants) almost as much as I got watching SB XXXIV. I know they have won more than they have lost but it’s the losses that I root for that give me that great pleasure of seeing Belicheat and Brady hanging their heads while walking off the field with the other teams confetti falling from the sky!

Honestly, if you go back and take a look at the 7 trips they’ve made since 02, they have all been entertaining games (except SB XXXVI) with a differential of only 26 points averaging out to 3.7 point per contest. So I’ll be watching and rooting against the evil empire like I’ve always have.

You’re starting to see the cracks in the armor. Their time is running out and the evil empire is about to crumble and hopefully that begins in SB LII and a new empire emerges out of the ashes and dust, maybe this time somewhere on the west coast ;)

Fly Eagles Fly...:LOL:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Being a Football Fan, I'll watch the beginning, and as long as Philly is "In-the-Game" the second they fall behind , I'll be working on my 'Mock Draft' for 2018!!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I never miss a Superbowl. I'll watch this one and as hard as it is for me, knowing they have obnoxious fans, I'll be rooting for the Eagles. True--I'm in Eagles country and a little closer to the whole thing than some others--but there are certain Eagles players I can root for--Chris Long being the first. He's a fine football player and an even better human being. I have to give Pederson a ton of credit with what he did with a team that lost player after player. It's a good story.

Yes--and even the Nick Foles story,

It's easy for me to root for them against the Evil Empire.

The fans suck and will be loud and more obnoxious than any fan base if they win this thing. I get that.

But I TRULY hate the Patriots and would love to see the Eagles beat them.

So yes--I will be watching.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna enjoy the football game and everything else that comes up with it.
I’ll probably be in 3-4 Sb box so I’ll keep an eye on the scoreboard.
Oh yeah and the snacks
Will watch because family usually has a party.
I enjoy the spectacle and the commercials.
Yeah, the Stupor Bowl (as we call it) is one opportunity for our golfing group to get together... been doing for over 25 years now.
The food... the commercials... hanging out...ragging on each other... farting... burping... ya know, good times :LOL:

One of the guys sets up multiple bets... the silly kinds.. like coin toss... which team fumbles first... etc. It's not about the game as much as just having a good time with good food.

My son is a fervent NE fan... he comes to the party too... he's good natured... and he gets a LOT of shit from the rest of us! Sadly, in the end, he's had the lat laugh... but maybe:
I will always watch a chance to see the Pats choke
Maybe!!

Gonna watch and root for the Eagles.
Yup... have a little soft spot for PHI... went to a lot of games back at The Vet... by brother-in-law is a HUGE fan and he's a great guy... so.... fly, Pidgeons, fly!!

Also, lame play calling late in the fourth quarter. Three possessions in a row first down run up the middle. Romo said if best. You run your best third down play on first down because Bortles is a totally different QB on third on long....basically he can't get it done.
That's what I saw... I don't know why it's so hard for opposing teams to understand how to beat NE and - particularly, Brady. You have GOT to pressure him... early and OFTEN. There was very little pass rush in the second half.

I'm telling the GF... I don't care if I get burned... if I'm JAX? I blitz the hell outta them.
If I'm going down? I'm going down in flames!!
Allow Brady to sit back there with time and we all know what's gonna happen.
When I saw little to no pass rush, I called the game while JAX still had the lead.
The loss is on the JAX coaches... they allowed NE to win... they did nothing to take the game into their own hands and dictate anything... they got dictated to!

If you hate the cheats and the refs so much why are you even watching football?
I often ask myself the same question.
Gotta admit... never understood the persecution complex angle. Refs make bad calls all over the place... they miss calls... it has always happened, it happens today... and it'll happen in the future.

You can either accept that and understand that - on the whole - it probably just evens out... or you can rant and rave about it and be miserable.

If it's the latter... maybe NFL football isn't your cup of tea?

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, the Stupor Bowl (as we call it) is one opportunity for our golfing group to get together... been doing for over 25 years now.
The food... the commercials... hanging out...ragging on each other... farting... burping... ya know, good times :LOL:

One of the guys sets up multiple bets... the silly kinds.. like coin toss... which team fumbles first... etc. It's not about the game as much as just having a good time with good food.

My son is a fervent NE fan... he comes to the party too... he's good natured... and he gets a LOT of crap from the rest of us! Sadly, in the end, he's had the lat laugh... but maybe:

Maybe!!

Yup... have a little soft spot for PHI... went to a lot of games back at The Vet... by brother-in-law is a HUGE fan and he's a great guy... so.... fly, Pidgeons, fly!!

That's what I saw... I don't know why it's so hard for opposing teams to understand how to beat NE and - particularly, Brady. You have GOT to pressure him... early and OFTEN. There was very little pass rush in the second half.

I'm telling the GF... I don't care if I get burned... if I'm JAX? I blitz the hell outta them.
If I'm going down? I'm going down in flames!!
Allow Brady to sit back there with time and we all know what's gonna happen.
When I saw little to no pass rush, I called the game while JAX still had the lead.
The loss is on the JAX coaches... they allowed NE to win... they did nothing to take the game into their own hands and dictate anything... they got dictated to!

Gotta admit... never understood the persecution complex angle. Refs make bad calls all over the place... they miss calls... it has always happened, it happens today... and it'll happen in the future.

You can either accept that and understand that - on the whole - it probably just evens out... or you can rant and rave about it and be miserable.

If it's the latter... maybe NFL football isn't your cup of tea?
Me too.
I called a 27-20 NE win when it was 20-10 Jags. Missed the score but the playout was obvious. Going zone when man worked was dumb. Playing soft to prevent big plays vs Brady is dumb. He will shred you.
Romo was begging the Jags to stay aggressive with the play calling....."6 minutes left, run your best third down play on first down"....very insightful by Romo. Protect Bortles from third and long.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This Super Bowl Sunday is my birthday. That night I will be doing prison ministry so I'll TVO the game. I'll check to see who won. If it's the Eagles I'll watch it ten times. If it's the Patriots I won't watch it at all.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This Super Bowl Sunday is my birthday. That night I will be doing prison ministry so I'll TVO the game. I'll check to see who won. If it's the Eagles I'll watch it ten times. If it's the Patriots I won't watch it at all.
An early Happy Birthday, PT!!

29 again, I take it?

MauiRam

Rookie
Pats were holding all game long, ref turned a blind eye. So what else is new.
The "no calls" on the Pats holding just ruined the game for me. There were numerous occasions that had a flag been thrown, Brady's drives would have ended. Marcel Dareus in particular had guys hanging off his back with their arm around his throat several times and guess what? No call!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

haha, it doesn't even out. that's the point.

and i'm far from miserable.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe not... but complaining about conspiracy theories and refs on the take can't make your life any more enriching.

where have i said any of that?

it is what it is. i don't know the reasons behind it.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I'll definitely watch it.
Here in the UK the Superbowl finishes in the early hours of the morning.
I usually watch the first half then record the second half and watch it the next day at some point.

This year I actually booked the following Monday off work a few weeks ago as I thought there was a good chance we may be in it...

It wasn't to be but I'll still sit up and watch it all live as I have the Monday off now.

We get Osi Umenyiora and Jason Bell presenting and they're really good on the BBC.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just what I want to see..... two big North Eastern cities playing in the SB :palm:

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Welp, I've watched every one of them and some I recall more clearly than others because of my own doings. :rolllaugh: But yeah I'm not breaking the streak just because the Cheatriots are in it.

Why would I risk missing a thrilling game like the Giants win over them?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Maybe you should wait until you're outside of the prison walls before you check the score. You know, just in case... You wouldn't want to be "invited" to spend the night or six months... :pillowfight:

Me, maybe I should go hang out at an animal shelter. You know, just in case... I'd fit in there better if the Cheatriots win and I snap!:dizzy:

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I will not be watching this year. Really, because the game holds no interest for me. Nor does it for the vast majority of people I hang out with. Depending on the weather, we might go skiing/snowboarding/tubing. That or if it is warmer like it has been this week, Top Golf baby!