Who else isn’t watching the Super Bowl?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
not sure but I think i'll watch it but it will just be for the commercials. wow can't believe I would watch a nfl game to see commercials but if the pats or 49ers are in said game I hope its all commercials.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Thought I'd spice up this boring article with some gifs. :sneaky:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...hick-robert-kraft-super-bowl-2018/1085008001/

Hating the Patriots: New England's role as villain helps fuel NFL's fire
Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY Sports

200.gif

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – They are the team that so often wins … and the team to hate.

Here we go again. The New England Patriots are back in the Super Bowl, for the eighth time with Bill Belichick as coach and Tom Brady at quarterback. It's the NFL version of Groundhog Day.

giphy.gif

And much of America will be pulling for the Philadelphia Eagles to slay Goliath, if for no other reason than to see Belichick and Co. bite the bullet. This, too, is repeat stuff.

Call it Patriot Hate.

giphy.gif

“I wouldn’t use the word ‘hatred,’ “ Patriots owner Robert Kraft countered to USA TODAY Sports this week. “Look, everyone wants to root for the underdog. So I understand it. I hope we help people feel that way for many more years.”

Kraft is keenly aware of the sentiments, reflected in myriad ways. Before departing for Super Bowl LII, he attended the Grammy Awards at Madison Square Garden and was struck by the reaction, a “Bronx cheer" after he was recognized with a shout-out.

“They cheered,” Kraft said, “but there was some booing. In a way, it’s sort of a compliment.”

hmmrhed.gif

He has sensed envy, too, for years now, from peers in NFL circles. And Kraft saw a recent report about Twitter data collected for Betonline.ag, which concluded that outside of New England, only one state – North Dakota – is pulling for the so-called Evil Empire to win a sixth Super Bowl.

giphy.gif

“I understand that, because as a kid growing up it was what the Yankees used to do in our area,” Kraft said. “They were so good all the time. So somehow to be in that category is pretty cool.”

A dominant team is hardly bad for the NFL’s business. Sure, the NFL is built on parity, but having a king on the mountain also has a certain appeal.

The most-watched game of the NFL season, when TV ratings were down about 10% overall, came in the AFC title game when the Patriots rallied to beat the Jaguars. Nearly 48 million viewers tuned in, curiosity and drama surely stoked as the Jaguars flirted with a monumental upset.

On Sunday, NBC is aiming to top the all-time record it set in 2015, when 114.4 million viewers watched the Patriots sting the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX.

“You either love them or you hate them, but you have to pay attention,” Al Michaels, the venerable broadcaster who will handle play-by-play duty for LII, said this week. “I don’t see someone waking up Sunday morning and saying, ‘It’s the Patriots again. I’m going to the movies.’ ”

200.gif

No, the NFL and the networks probably don’t mind the hate … as long as people are watching.

Ellard80

Legend
Eh.. I'll watch some of it.. its been a long time since I watched the entire super bowl.

I have some fantasy tourneys going so ill watch it a little here and there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/02/01/super-bowl-2018-patriots-eagles-poll-fans/

There Are Way More Patriots Haters Than Fans, Super Bowl Poll Finds

BOSTON (CBS) – “New England vs. Everybody” is more than just a shirt – it’s reality, according to a new poll.

A survey from Monmouth University finds that 37 percent of Americans are rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles to win Super Bowl LII, compared to just 16 percent who want another Patriots championship.

Furthermore, 39 percent said they are actively cheering for the Patriots to lose, while only 12 percent are explicitly against the Eagles.

When sampling just the northeast, the Eagles are still favored over the Patriots by 45 percent to 28 percent.

Overall, 39 percent of Americans say they will be watching on Sunday. But many don’t even care who lifts the trophy, as 49 percent say the commercials will be the most interest part.

The poll also revealed something about the reputation of both fan bases. Twenty-six percent said they’d be worried about running into Eagles fans in a dark alley, compared to 14 percent who would be nervous about the same encounter with Patriots fans.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I may have to backtrack on my promise not to watch this shytestorm of a game. My wife wants to watch it so it may be background noise as i play Sudoku...