What Would You Give Up To Move Up For Jared Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I'm on the same page. I think a guy like Hue can probably coach anybody, but he will be looking for a very high character, looker room guy too. I don't know if he passes on Goff, who most of us think is the best QB in this draft, and he's clean too.

The only things I can think of are:
1. The Browns could pass on Goff for Bosa if they believe they can get Connor Cook or Carson Wentz later.
2. The Browns might make a trade for a veteran passer.

With the Raiders, Hue did show a preference for veteran QBs. The question is...who would he go after? I don't know. There likely isn't a Carson Palmer available. A scenario that I think is possible is Hue trading for Mike Glennon or signing Sam Bradford or Drew Stanton in FA and then drafting a guy like Cardale Jones or Jacoby Brissett or another QB on Day 2 of the draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The only things I can think of are:
1. The Browns could pass on Goff for Bosa if they believe they can get Connor Cook or Carson Wentz later.
2. The Browns might make a trade for a veteran passer.

With the Raiders, Hue did show a preference for veteran QBs. The question is...who would he go after? I don't know. There likely isn't a Carson Palmer available. A scenario that I think is possible is Hue trading for Mike Glennon or signing Sam Bradford or Drew Stanton in FA and then drafting a guy like Cardale Jones or Jacoby Brissett or another QB on Day 2 of the draft.
Yeah, those seem viable. Bradford would be a good stop gap for him, and the Browns have always been high on him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, those seem viable. Bradford would be a good stop gap for him, and the Browns have always been high on him.

That's true...but that was an old regime. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes after Stanton hard. Stanton is well liked around the league and is coming from a system that asks many of the same things of its QBs that Hue asks of his. Plus, he has the physical skill-set to be a system fit. But Stanton isn't Carson Palmer. I doubt Hue would see him as anything more than a bridge. So I'm not sure that would stop him from taking Goff.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Maybe the wrong thread - but would anyone else kick the tires on Bradford?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don't blame Bradford, myself.

He was never the savior we wanted, but our expectations are not his fault any more than injuries are.

I would have liked him to take a pay cut and stay here but he listened to his agent - which is hard to get mad at.

I wouldn't take a pay cut if I didn't have to.

Despite all of his shortcomings, he is the best QB to hit free agency in a long long time. Am I forgetting someone in that statement?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't blame Bradford, myself.

He was never the savior we wanted, but our expectations are not his fault any more than injuries are.

I would have liked him to take a pay cut and stay here but he listened to his agent - which is hard to get mad at.

I wouldn't take a pay cut if I didn't have to.

Despite all of his shortcomings, he is the best QB to hit free agency in a long long time. Am I forgetting someone in that statement?

It's not his play that's the issue, it's the injuries. Signing Bradford doesn't do anything for us. We'd still need to draft a first round QB because Bradford cannot stay healthy. So that would be money that could go to a FA at another position of need.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It's not his play that's the issue, it's the injuries. Signing Bradford doesn't do anything for us. We'd still need to draft a first round QB because Bradford cannot stay healthy. So that would be money that could go to a FA at another position of need.

It's a spin of the wheel with any of these guys - for various reasons. He might stay healthy.

And if he doesn't - Case / Mannion / draft pick

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a spin of the wheel with any of these guys - for various reasons. He might stay healthy.

Bradford has only started all 16 games 2 times in his 6 seasons.
Not fair to say it's a spin of the wheel as far as he's concerned. It's unrealistic to think he won't get injured

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If we sign Bradford, Keenum is gone. And it's not really a spin of the wheel. If we draft a guy, Bradford is a stop gap. I'd rather take my chances on Chase Daniel if we go that route.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

I think Cle fired most of the personnel that was there from 2010 draft. Thinking out loud here

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Maybe the wrong thread - but would anyone else kick the tires on Bradford?

Absolutely. He's not my first choice, but beggars can't be choosy. The Rams could easily struggle trying to find a decent starting QB for next season, and he already knows the system. If Bradford were to accept a very CAP friendly prove-it type contract of not more than 2 years, we would have to seriously consider it. I'd feel comfortable with Bradford, Keenum & Mannion next season, then we can use that 15 pick on a true BPA rather than reach for another developmental QB. Our young OL next season is still likely to be the best Bradford has ever played behind in all those years with the Rams, although we do need an upgrade at Center. He never had a Gurley rushing the ball for him either. Find him some quality receivers and that offense becomes a lot more efficient. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd feel comfortable with Bradford, Keenum & Mannion next season

How? The only way you could feel comfortable with that is if you feel comfortable with Keenum and Mannion alone.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
How? The only way you could feel comfortable with that is if you feel comfortable with Keenum and Mannion alone.

Why, because you believe Bradford can only stay upright for Philadelphia ? If Keenum needs to step in sometime during the season, I have confidence he can perform at least as well as he did this year, and without our 15 pick going towards some developmental QB, his improved unit will prosper from both the draft and perhaps free agency also. Mannion should be better next year also, with a full knowledge of the system & playbook. Our 2015 roster does not = our 2016 roster, and Keenum didn't have the same benefit of playing with all our starters, as many were injured or on IR when he was finally brought in.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why, because you believe Bradford can only stay upright for Philadelphia ?

He didn't. He still got injured and missed games for Philly. That's my problem. It's not just the knee. He always gets hurt. I feel for the kid but it seems like he's made of glass.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He didn't. He still got injured and missed games for Philly. That's my problem. It's not just the knee. He always gets hurt. I feel for the kid but it seems like he's made of glass.

He started 14 games last season, I can live with that. In 5 years he's started 16 games twice, 14 games once, 10 games once & 7 games once. If the doctors say he's healthy, i'm fine signing him so long as there are concessions for snaps built into his contract. Like I said, i'd be comfortable entering 2016 with Bradford, Keenum & Mannion, our roster will be better than anything he had here in his first stint with the Rams. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He started 14 games last season, I can live with that. In 5 years he's started 16 games twice, 14 games once, 10 games once & 7 games once. If the doctors say he's healthy, i'm fine signing him so long as there are concessions for snaps built into his contract. Like I said, i'd be comfortable entering 2016 with Bradford, Keenum & Mannion, our roster will be better than anything he had here in his first stint with the Rams. jmo.

Yea, starting 14 games was a good year for him. You're entitled to your opinion but I think entering 2016 with those three is great way to get bit in the ass again. "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Cle fired most of the personnel that was there from 2010 draft. Thinking out loud here
And the personnel from the 2012 draft, the 2014 draft, 2015.....

I think the only person safe from being fired was Kevin Costner

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the Raiders, Hue did show a preference for veteran QBs
Not sure the Oakland tenure tells us anything, they didnt have any young QB on the team when he came aboard and after his 1 year as OC they went for Palmer because they thought they were ready to win
Wouldnt be surprised if he turns the offense over to a veteran, but would be shocked if he doesnt go QB.
Then again, like you said they might look at the 2nd round and may think they can win with one of the 2nd tier guys.
Some of his best work was with Flacco as a rook