What Would You Give Up To Move Up For Jared Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yea, starting 14 games was a good year for him. You're entitled to your opinion but I think entering 2016 with those three is great way to get bit in the ass again. "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

And I think starting a developmental QB like Cook would be disastrous for a HC who wants to retain his job past 2016.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I think starting a developmental QB like Cook would be disastrous for a HC who wants to retain his job past 2016.

I'd rather start a developmental QB with talent than spend another year treading water with backup caliber QBs.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd rather start a developmental QB with talent than spend another year treading water with backup caliber QBs.

Since when is Bradford only a backup caliber QB ?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Considering Bradford missed the last 25 games he was supposed to start with this team, I'm not banking on him staying healthy.

I'd just as soon listen to his doctor than a random fan suggesting retirement as his final option. Bradford is better than anything currently on our roster, and if Fisher wants a future in the NFL, he'll value wins today over the potential of another undeveloped QB (Cook) who may or may not someday have a career as a starter in this league. Anyone can get injured in the NFL, it's not fated, it just happens.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd just as soon listen to his doctor than a random fan suggesting retirement as his final option. Bradford is better than anything currently on our roster, and if Fisher wants a future in the NFL, he'll value wins today over the potential of another undeveloped QB (Cook) who may or may not someday have a career as a starter in this league. Anyone can get injured in the NFL, it's not fated, it just happens.

I'd just as soon not ignore history and continue to make the same mistakes. Don't know how you can forget what happened in 2013 and 2014 and put yourself in the EXACT SAME position. It's baffling.

If Fisher wants a future in the NFL, he won't say, "You know, Bradford put me in a terrible position the first time with all his injuries but let's try it again. And let's not draft a talented QB prospect to wait in the wings in case he gets injured again."

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd just as soon not ignore history and continue to make the same mistakes. Don't know how you can forget what happened in 2013 and 2014 and put yourself in the EXACT SAME position. It's baffling.

If Fisher wants a future in the NFL, he won't say, "You know, Bradford put me in a terrible position the first time with all his injuries but let's try it again. And let's not draft a talented QB prospect to wait in the wings in case he gets injured again."

Haven't forgot anything about '13 & '14, also haven't noticed his injuries as career ending. There is a big difference between acute and chronic injuries, and Bradford's are not chronic. I thought Mannion was 'the talented prospect' ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like the doctor who said his knee was fine?
Fisher isnt going to coach to save his job, he's going to coach to win as many games as possible. Recent history has shown a team can make the playoffs with a rookie QB. If they think a QB from this class is worth the 1st round pick, I dont see why they cant get to the playoffs. The offense just doesnt require the QB to do very much
Cant put the team in a position to be playing backup QB, again.
Like @jrry32 said, "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haven't forgot anything about '13 & '14, also haven't noticed his injuries as career ending. There is a big difference between acute and chronic injuries, and Bradford's are not chronic. I thought Mannion was 'the talented prospect' ?

Well, he's not imo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Like the doctor who said his knee was fine?
Fisher isnt going to coach to save his job, he's going to coach to win as many games as possible. Recent history has shown a team can make the playoffs with a rookie QB. If they think a QB from this class is worth the 1st round pick, I dont see why they cant get to the playoffs. The offense just doesnt require the QB to do very much
Cant put the team in a position to be playing backup QB, again.
Like @jrry32 said, "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

I get it, you guys don't consider Bradford viable any longer, but he also passed for the most yardage of his career with Philly last season along with his second most TD's, and suffered less sacks than anytime since his shortened season from his ACL. This, with arguably a worse OL than Philly had the previous season. When Kelly unloaded Mathis, I didn't think Bradford was meant to survive pro-football. Anyway, my involvement in this thread is about whether Cook or Bradford gives Fisher a better opportunity to win next season, I happen to believe Bradford accomplishes this goal far easier. We'll probably never get a chance to find out either, who knows where Bradford or Cook will actually land ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll probably never get a chance to find out either, who knows where Bradford or Cook will actually land ?
I'm with jrry on the NO to Bradford, but I'm solidly in your corner with a big fat NO to Connor Cook

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Really ? This is proof ? One Game ? I guess you missed the part where the announcer mentioned his receivers were quite inexperienced and they also weren't running the ball. Most one dimensional offenses struggle, we've seen enough of it with the Rams these last few years. This and his OL getting blown apart for easy sacks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really ? This is proof ? One Game ? I guess you missed the part where the announcer mentioned his receivers were quite inexperienced and they also weren't running the ball. Most one dimensional offenses struggle, we've seen enough of it with the Rams these last few years. This and his OL getting blown apart for easy sacks.

"Give me proof." *offers no proof of his own*
"This proof isn't good enough. It's only one game." *still offers no proof of his own*

I saw way more than one game of Mannion. I gave my evaluation of him last year. Feel free to dig it up.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
"Give me proof." *offers no proof of his own*
"This proof isn't good enough. It's only one game." *still offers no proof of his own*

I saw way more than one game of Mannion. I gave my evaluation of him last year. Feel free to dig it up.

I care more about Fisher's evaluation. Anyway, I didn't believe Mannion was worth a 3'rd round pick myself. My point being that Fisher liked him enough as a prospect to go after him, so i'd like to see what he's made of, until then … who knows.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I care more about Fisher's evaluation. Anyway, I didn't believe Mannion was worth a 3'rd round pick myself. My point being that Fisher liked him enough as a prospect to go after him, so i'd like to see what he's made of, until then … who knows.

I have no interest in Fisher's evaluation. Dude hasn't had a good QB in a decade. Time for the Rams to stop being held back by incompetence and make the leap.

fearsomefour

Legend
I hadn't seen any play by Goff, not that I remember any way.
Finally watched some. One thing I noticed is his pocket presence and ability to move, slide, create time in the pocket is already better than any QB the Rams have.
That is what impressed me the most in the video I watched. That is also no small thing in my opinion. Good technique throwing the ball starts with the feet and Goff has that box checked.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Get this kid Fisher! We can't keep rolling into the next year with back up QBs.... time to use a premium pick on a QB and get this offense rolling.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We need a veteran qb,this team is ready to win now. No rookie qb is going to make us a playoff team. By the time this qb developed the team would be totally different . If the rams brought in a veteran that could stretch the field and back defenses off of gurley,we would be all set . I say draft a wr in the first round that can take the top off of a defense .