What Would You Give Up To Move Up For Jared Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We have never seen these qbs play in the nfl first of all ..sam bradford was the greatest qb at Oklahoma and didn't turn out that great for us ..we need a wr to take the top off of a defense . Until we have that threat ,gurley is going to see eveyone stack the box against him . We drafted sean Mannion last year and he has potential to be a decent nfl qb ..I would never risk our future picks on qbs that are not proven . We didn't take rg3 and instead built a defense ...rg3 didn't turn out thag great either . ..We need a big time wr and a veteran qb that can just take pressure off of gurley . And please focus on resigning our corner backs they are a legit 1 2

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this much, I'd give up quite a bit for Jared Goff or Carson Wentz. The more I watch Carson Wentz, the more I love what I see. With some issues I've seen in Paxton's game and Cook's inconsistencies, Wentz is now my #2 QB behind Goff.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'll say this much, I'd give up quite a bit for Jared Goff or Carson Wentz. The more I watch Carson Wentz, the more I love what I see. With some issues I've seen in Paxton's game and Cook's inconsistencies, Wentz is now my #2 QB behind Goff.

Give it time Wentz is the franchise QB in this draft, you heard it 1st here :hiding: :whistle::sneaky:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What do ya say @jrry32 Goff just became the hometown kid. Now even makes more sense to give up the farm for him from a marketing standpoint as well....think they have the balls?

I question whether they have the balls, particularly if Fish is now considering bringing in Pat Shurmer and the Prevent Offense.

But from a marketing standpoint, this would be Goodell's wet dream, if he could stand up there at the 2016 draft and say "with the first pick, the Los Angeles Rams take ...".

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Measurables aside I don't see the hype on Lynch

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Honestly think a rookie qb is the answer ?he won't be ready for a playoff win for at least 2 years , by then our defense will be different and who knows what the offense will look like ..please don't do another rebuild !we are ready for success

nighttrain

Legend
I question whether they have the balls, particularly if Fish is now considering bringing in Pat Shurmer and the Prevent Offense.

But from a marketing standpoint, this would be Goodell's wet dream, if he could stand up there at the 2016 draft and say "with the first pick, the Los Angeles Rams take ...".
no way Stan moves the Rams into his brand new stadium without drafting a top QB
train

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
train
That's what I'm thinking. I want them to give up the farm for goff because of the caliber qb I think he is...hoping the hometown kid marketing shit is extra motivation

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
train

On one hand Stan should not be interfering in draft decisions ... but that being said, the Rams need a QB and better do what they have to in order to get one.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly think a rookie qb is the answer ?he won't be ready for a playoff win for at least 2 years , by then our defense will be different and who knows what the offense will look like ..please don't do another rebuild !we are ready for success
I like that guy Rodgers on Green Bay, maybe we could get him....

Kidding of course, who do you suggest play QB??

Oh and BTW, there have been plenty of rookie QB who have played on teams that made playoffs recently. Dont know why a rookie means a 2 year wait
Bad QB play = indefinite wait

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

The Rams need a QB with high end ceiling. It does not matter whether he will be ready to start in season one. Nowadays most will not be able to start and play well in season one, but that does not mean you avoid drafting them.

What I want is them to do is ensure there is competition for place-holding the QB position until the kid they draft is ready. But they gotta get someone in here that has that high ceiling. This team needs hope for the future.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's still figuring it out mentally but he has everything needed to be good. Needs to be developed.
That's exactly why I don't have him ranked as a first round prospect too many questions and too hard to tell if that light will click. Physically speaking he could be the best qb in the league between arm strength mobility and size. But qb is such a mental position and I don't see the instincts (a la Jared goff) with him

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's exactly why I don't have him ranked as a first round prospect too many questions and too hard to tell if that light will click. Physically speaking he could be the best qb in the league between arm strength mobility and size. But qb is such a mental position and I don't see the instincts (a la Jared goff) with him

I don't think it's so much about the light clicking with him. He gets it. I think it's about experience and time. Doesn't lack any attribute.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would normally agree with you.
However, a rookie QB won't be expected to carry the team. With our tough defense, Todd Gurley and some solid run / pass blocking, we will win.
We won 7 games this year, with some poor to mediocre QB play.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I don't believe we'd sell the farm for Goff. I think we will move up a bit and grab Lynch

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
The Rams need a QB with high end ceiling. It does not matter whether he will be ready to start in season one. Nowadays most will not be able to start and play well in season one, but that does not mean you avoid drafting them.

What I want is them to do is ensure there is competition for place-holding the QB position until the kid they draft is ready. But they gotta get someone in here that has that high ceiling. This team needs hope for the future.

I totally agree this team needs a franchise QB of the future , its been a very long time since the greatest show on turf, drafting a QB is just very tough for anyone, and I don't think our defense can stay this good for a long time, both starting corners are free agents, and so are Hayes, long, and Barron. We need to make moves now !, oh and by the way Aaron Donald rookie contract is up next year, and I am sure he will be very expensive . PLEASE RAMS SHOW US SOME OFFENSE ! if we can score 21 points a game we will be a playoff team !

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald rookie contract is up next year, and I am sure he will be very expensive .

Two years. And they'll pick up his 5th year option of course.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I don't believe we'd sell the farm for Goff. I think we will move up a bit and grab Lynch

Im hoping for Wentz, but that could end up being the 1st pick imho, next week is a huge week QB viewing wise

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Same here, but wouldn't be upset with Lynch. I was rather impressed with the way Wentz played his last game, after all the time off. Was it perfect? No, but he looked better than I expected him to look. I like the whole package that he offers, and I want a QB, who can get a first down, if needed with his legs. I think with what we do, both Wentz, and Lynch are good fits. I still think Goff is a better QB, right now, but the other guys may have a higher upside, and more star power.