What Cowboys fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Dez Bryant set to dominate the Los Angeles Rams in Week 4
There's no better time than the present to see Dez Bryant return to elite form.
https://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Dall...set-to-dominate-the-Los-Angeles-Ram-108115866

The Los Angeles Rams are no stranger to Dez Bryant.

Before they made the move to the City of Lost Angels, they were in Missouri serving as Bryant's scratching post. The most recent regular season battle taking place was the epic 2014 war in St. Louis, when the Rams jumped all over the visiting Dallas Cowboys 21-0 in the first half before seeing quarterback Tony Romo steal the show.

**Follow @VoiceOfTheStar on Twitter for up-to-the-second news and analysis!**

And a large reason for his theft was Bryant, who put All-Pro cornerback Janoris Jenkins on roller blades in the second half. He'd finish that game with 89 yards on only six catches (14.83 ypc) with a touchdown. Jenkins is now with the New York Giants, so it'll likely pro bowl CB Trumaine Johnson squaring up against Bryant.

It'll make for one of the more interesting matchups to watch, especially considering Johnson won't see much safety help -- not with the way Terrance Williams, Brice Butler and Jason Witten are playing in 2017.

Advantage, Bryant.
6_7676428.png

(Photo: Jayne Kamin, USA TODAY Sports)

What also bodes well for the All-Pro wideout is the incessant noise surrounding his play as of late, with many deeming him "overrated" and "overpaid". While Bryant says he finds the comments "funny", anyone who has followed him over the course of his career knows he usually he isn't really laughing.

After delivering a total of only 114 receiving yards through the first three games of 2017 -- 45 yards fewer than that of 35-year-old tight end Jason Witten -- putting Bryant in prime position to have a breakout game. The usually high-powered Cowboys' offense has struggled as a whole, with a good bit of the decline in Bryant's numbers being accountable to the early inaccuracy issues of quarterback Dak Prescott.

Based on the second half against the Cardinals, it looks like the 2016 Rookie of the Year has moved past those. That's a great sign for Bryant, and if the Cowboys can commit to moving him around in the scheme this week -- all the better. His now-legendary TD catch against the Cardinals came on a simple slant-dump route, followed by the three-time pro bowler juking the best CB in football and subsequently carrying nearly half of the defense into the end zone.

"So yea, I'm thinking I'm back." - John Wick

The maturity in Bryant is more-than-evident in his concession to seeing the team win regardless of his own individual stat line. Deep down, he's still a gamer though.

And on Sunday, all signs point to him making the Rams "pass the sticks".

The Cowboys are making their run at Super Bowl 52! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

Author
Patrik Walker @VoiceOfTheStar

A55VA6

Legend
"Rams are a west coast team playing at the 1PM EST time slot. I expect them to start off slow"

Curse you, 1pm time slot! CURSE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It should be required to start later for west coast teams, imo. It's like the Rams are playing at 10am..

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/78404-rams-throw-mostly-short-passes/

Rams throw mostly short passes

Rams offense is run and short pass so there no reason for the CB's to play back

Press the WR's and force a perfect pass. Goff is still trying to figure out the offense so he has mostly safe quick passes

Watch for them to try Gurley if Marinelli goes to 3 man front either case press the CB's and crowd the box

Stop the run and force Goff to make a perfect pass
---------
Sounds like the perfect offense to beat our defense. Marinelli has no intention of telling his DB's to play up close. They will resume their 10 yards off routine and will back pedal from there as soon as the ball is snapped ensuring that the WR's get the maximum benefit in running their short routes.

Prepare to watch the nickel and dime offense run to perfection against our D all the way down the field. It is the "bend but don't break" way after all.
------
Same blue print to defeat the boys.
---------
You can't just press up because they run short routes. That's when they will start running pick plays.
--------
Pick plays are bread and butter plays for them along with slants and crosses its all under neath to help Goff get comfortable

Press his WR's and make him uncomfortable throwing into coverage
-------
They will have guys running wide open if the Cowboys try to press in man to man too much. They better switch it up and pass off some coverages.

If i'm the Cowboys i'm making Goff beat me and not Gurley.
-------
Joe Montana won 4 SBs playing dink and dunk.
-------
I know you have to spread the field, but I never have understood why so many hate short passing plays. 3-5yds running the ball is good, but somehow sux when you're passing the ball.
-------
You don't go dime if they can run the ball. It's purely a stop the pass defense. So, obvious passing situations only. I agree we should play tighter on the receivers regardless. The 10 yard cushion we like to give is just begging to have them throw underneath all day.
--------
The young Ram team is up and coming and have been impressive. If we don't play well.. need to show up and play well in all three phases. This week, the Rams are a real threat.
--------
Agreed. In fact they have more weapons than Arizona. Cooper Kupp is playing well. Gurley is coming on. Goff is starting to look like a #1 draft pick. Aaron Donald and a big NT may give Frederick fits. They can be run on and their secondary is susceptible. Look what the 49'ers did to them.

At the same time, look what Denver did to us. They dinked and dunked on offense and smashed us on defense. Key will be to get out in front in the score with an effective running game, limit Gurley early and put the pressure on a young inexperienced QB. This is not an easy win, it could go either way depending on the running game.
-------
So they play the Goff and dunk like we play the Dak and Dunk and the Patriots play the Brady and dunk?
--------
Everybody throws short passes. It's nothing new, especially with young still developing quarterbacks.
-------
If Lee doesn't play I think it will hurt our D a lot in the run & short pass game. Hopefully we can clean up our run D. If we can do that, I think we'll keep Goff from torching us.

Wade probably has his own ideas on what will hurt our O the most. He knows what Denver's skill set is & how his new team compares to them. That's why I couldn't see a 30+ game for us in the predictions thread. I'm a big Wade fan, so I could be wrong about that.
-------
But people were telling me Wentz was the king of short passes and it was a bad thing.
sad.png

I’m hoping Goff works out for the Rams. Can never have too many good QBs in the league! I’d be excited if I were a LA fan.
--------
Goff is averaging 10.1 yds/per attempt and as a team they are averaging 5.4 YAC per completion. 106 of their 319 YAC yards come from Gurley. That tells me that Goff is taking shots down the field.

Robert Woods is averaging 16.9 YPC and has 11 YAC on 10 catches. Watkins is averaging 14.9 ypc and has 49 YAC on 13 catches. I don't think it is accurate to say that they dink and dunk.
-------
Plus Dallas seems to be able to run against this team with ease. Our OL is not as good anymore so, we will see.

Issues for me are: Can Dallas stop Gurley? Is Lee hurt? Why can't this guy stay healthy? SMH. Will Dallas establish the run first using less obvious running formations or stick to their vanilla easy to defend running plays?
--------
The Rams throw mostly slants, outs, cross out of shotgun or under center and mostly 11 personnel

Even when their in 21 personnel they throw short, their run sets up their deep pass on play action otherwise its all fades

Goff is jittery in the pocket where he will dump it off quick if he gets pressure that why again we need to play closer to the WR's, dont give them any room

run, throw short, play action off the run in 12 personnel

Also if you see Tavon Austin they're trying to set up a reverse or fake reverse run up the middle

The key is stopping the run and the CB's play close to help vs run because most of their passes are short
------
Rod has a plan for the Rams but will make in game adjustments just like he did last game with the 3 man front....if he needs to.

It's still early in the season so we really do not know what the Rams will do week to week.
------
LA's run defense is garbage, so Zeke should get going this week.

On the flip side though, I don't know if we have anyone who can stop Gurley. That's my real concern with the Rams. Goff is talented and improving quickly, but as of right now he's an average QB. I don't think he's any more dangerous than Palmer or Siemian.
--------
Yet both of them gutted our secondary and looked like HOF'ers. I hope that Goff doesn't set his personal best records against our defense.
---------
Marinelli needs to make him uncomfortable in the pocket or else hes throwing short passes all day when his short passes arent open then he gets jittery in the pocket poor foot work throws off balance high throws

Commit to stop the run and bring up a safety on 1st/10 when their under center, Gurley is an outside back so the ends and CB's need to set the edge vs him
--------
Goff is still learning the offense so their giving him very safe easy passes: the quick outs, slants, hitches, crossing patterns

Most of their passes are short easy passes

Jamming the WR's will throw off his timing and force him to make easy throws

They run Gurley out of the 11, 12, 21 personnel but the run sets up their play action

They also try to get Gurley outside when they go to 3 Tight ends, 2 Tight ends on same side, bootlegs off the run

When Austin motions across the formation its a reverse or fake reverse run up the middle
-------

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/78404-rams-throw-mostly-short-passes/

Rams throw mostly short passes

Rams offense is run and short pass so there no reason for the CB's to play back

Press the WR's and force a perfect pass. Goff is still trying to figure out the offense so he has mostly safe quick passes

Watch for them to try Gurley if Marinelli goes to 3 man front either case press the CB's and crowd the box

Stop the run and force Goff to make a perfect pass
---------
Sounds like the perfect offense to beat our defense. Marinelli has no intention of telling his DB's to play up close. They will resume their 10 yards off routine and will back pedal from there as soon as the ball is snapped ensuring that the WR's get the maximum benefit in running their short routes.

Prepare to watch the nickel and dime offense run to perfection against our D all the way down the field. It is the "bend but don't break" way after all.
------
Same blue print to defeat the boys.
---------
You can't just press up because they run short routes. That's when they will start running pick plays.
--------
Pick plays are bread and butter plays for them along with slants and crosses its all under neath to help Goff get comfortable

Press his WR's and make him uncomfortable throwing into coverage

Woof. Kind of sad how far off some of these guys are. The guy telling them they can't press is the only one who gets it. First of all, Goff has been the most accurate deep passer this year, so the claim that we only throw short is BS. Second of all, McVay loves bunch sets, and you can't really press WRs when they bunch. You can try, but it usually leads to effective pick plays. Third of all, this whole "Goff will get jittery if we pressure him" makes clear this guy hasn't watched him since the Fisher days. Actual fact:

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lost track of the amount of times they claim we only throw short. Shows how little they know about the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lost track of the amount of times they claim we only throw short. Shows how little they know about the Rams.

When I checked the site a minute ago, it was one guy who kept making the claim. That's good. It's only one really ignorant person (who refuses to back off his wrong opinion) rather than a whole site.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woof. Kind of sad how far off some of these guys are. The guy telling them they can't press is the only one who gets it. First of all, Goff has been the most accurate deep passer this year, so the claim that we only throw short is BS. Second of all, McVay loves bunch sets, and you can't really press WRs when they bunch. You can try, but it usually leads to effective pick plays. Third of all, this whole "Goff will get jittery if we pressure him" makes clear this guy hasn't watched him since the Fisher days. Actual fact:

I couldn't believe what i was reading. Warner in his heyday with the gsot had a ypa of 10. Goff is 10.1 this season, the best in the league. I don't think the cowboys coaches see it the way their fans see it.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah kind of funny that they think Goff only throws short. Either way, if they give our WRs cushions, then by all means, let's throw those short passes. Get easy completions and yardages. Just keep moving the chains and keep the defense off the field.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Lol, if only the Dallas coaching staff were this clueless, unfortunately you can rest assured they're not

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These homers obviously think we are the SOSAR team that Fisher coached. If only their coaches believed it! :rockon:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/78391-elliott-vs-gurley/

Elliott vs Gurley

Gurley had a sophmore slump last season and the same could be said for Zeke early in this season. I think both players have proven that they have to have a better than average performance if their teams will be successful. As proof Gurley leads the NFL in a lot of the RB stats so far this season and the Rams are riding high and in our 1 lost Zeke was not able to have an impact at all.

My question for Cowboys fans is will our game against the Rams this Sunday come down to the production of Zeke vs Todd?
---------
Whom ever can stop the run in this game will have the upper hand.
---------
I think it will come down to our play action, not running on first down being predictable so their defense would have all eyes on zeke.
-------
Could be that it's not just Zeke, but the oline that needs a couple of games to get in a groove too. And we have two new players on the oline this year.
-------
Zeke will still win the rushing title, he's played against 3 of the top 5 defenses from last year and they're all basically the same D's as last year.
---------
Pretty similar dynamic...

Both teams have up and comers with a lot of talent at the QB and RB position.

If both RB's are stopped, which QB will rise to the occasion? Or is it which defense will rise to the occasion?
-------
If it comes down to QB's, I'll take Dak.

But...it won't, Zeke is gonna have a huge game.
-------
I got used to DeMarco carving the Rams up like Christmas dinner. I'm going to be very disappointed if Zeke can't continue the tradition.
--------
It's going to come down to who's line can outplay the other,staying ahead on 1st downs...and how well Dallas can compensate for being short handed at LB.
---------
Elliott is fat and slow now Gurley wins
--------
I'm excited to see Goff develop - I was higher in him than most for that draft, but I think he has great vision, anticipation and touch. Also not afraid to stand strong in the pocket.

I don't see Dak as the same pocket passer yet - but he seems to be more of a creator.
--------
I've only seen snippets of Goff, but during the draft everybody said he had the highest ceiling. Dak wasn't even mentioned, unless you dove really deep into the draft prospects.

I'll put my money on Zeke being the better all around player. Gurley may have more receptions, but I think that will change. Zeke is already a very good blocker & runs with vision plus power.
--------
I'm not big on Goff. I think he will slow down as the season goes on.

With that said I think Gurley will continue to be featured and get opportunities. I just don't think he will have the same production as the season goes on. I get that he want getting much help from his OL but I also don't think he was doing much to help his OL with broken tackles and yards after contact...which Zeke has been doing this season.

With that said I'm expecting Zeke to have the bigger impact Sunday which will lead the way to a victory.
-------
I really have to wonder how much off Goff and Gurley's miserable 2016 was just that whole team quitting on Fisher, because neither of them lack for talent. Makes you wonder how much of that was just an issue of motivation, and how much motivation can matter in pro sports.

Anyway, I think that Gurley and Elliott are on the same par. Elliott is more polished at stuff like pass blocking and churning out positive yardage, but I think Gurley is a more gifted athlete than Zeke. His speed and burst for 230 pounds are just freaky
------
I mean look at there offense last year... they had no weapons, and were running a HS offense. + jared goff being so so young wasn't a good recipe. Now they have Sammy Watkins, Woods, Cooper Kupp. And a good offensive head coach. He's going to end up being a really good qb.

Another qb fisher ruined was sam bradford. When Bradford finally got put on a good team/ vikings, he had his best season yet and a top 5-10 qb season. Jeff Fisher is a terrible offensive coach.
--------
The NFL could have added some pizazz to this game by placing hurdles around the field. Both were very good hurdlers.
--------
Not sure Elliot could get over a hurdle.. unless you put a pizza on the other side.
--------------
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/will-anyone-guarantee-me-a-cowboy-victory.386627/

Will anyone guarantee me a Cowboy victory?

Dear fellow Cowboy Homers---Is anyone willing to guarantee me a Cowboy victory over the Rams

sunday morning?.....i just cant fathom playing Green bay 2-2...we play rams and packers

and both them get a 10-day rest before playing us...but sometimes the team has less time

to think can play the best...i made a guarantee last week of cowboy victory..now its all one

of my fellow cowboy homer's turn..anyone?..and predict a score?
-------
We break out with a 34-17 win!
-------
At the beginning of this season, I was suggesting this a season where Lawrence had 10 or more sacks. A Cooper against Donald won't be optimum, but this is a talented offensive line. Plug in a stronger showing by Elliott and the passing game will be good.

Dallas gets 5 sacks this game and an interception.

Dallas 34
Rams 24
--------
I think if Dallas plays to their ability they are a better team than the Rams. There are no guarantees but then that is what makes the games worth watching.
--------
48-9 Dallas
--------
I guarantee you we will win ugly 31-30 on a last second 54 yard FG by captain Dan.
-------
We'll take care of the Rams. Believe it or not, they are overrated at this point.
-------
.i am a little worried if sean lee is out...and dont like Cooper against Donald..so hoping Green plays...Green more athletic for zone blocking...i am saying the only way we can have consistent success is mistake free zone blocking and not miss cut back blocks or Zeke will get hit in backfield...when we had Leary..Donald was a none issue
--------
Well, I like a club with plenty of players with something to prove. Both Elliott and Prescott and the OL has amends to make. I like the Cowboys in a romp. They will hand the fake Rams their backsides in this one. Bank on it.
---------
Sorry, but Garrett isn't capable of having 2 winning seasons in a row. We will lose and be 2-2. The Garrett .500 special.
---------
I herebye and officially, without any trepidation, guarantee a Dallas Cowboy victory over the Los Angeles Rams in an NFL sanctioned game to be played on October 1st, 2017. The score shall be 34 to 21
-------
Cowboys win, Zeke 150 2td.
--------
24-14 Dallas with the win....
-------
Hmmm.

The Rams:
They blowout a Colts team who started a QB barely qualified to hold a clipboard.
They lose at home to the Redskins.
They win a shootout against the 49ers... a bad team.

The Cowboys:
They dominate in a "must win" opener against the Giants.
They get shelled in Denver.
They wake up mid 2nd quarter in Arizona.

My guess.
This game will look similar to the last one with one exception.
I think the passing game will open up this week as Dallas keeps
the Rams guessing on play calls. An otherwise close game opens
up in the 4th quarter. Dallas wins 33-20.
--------
The Rams are pushovers no longer and we have no shortage of injuries. There's little room in my methodology for guarantees. I frequently respect Las Vegas' way of doing things, along with their odds.

Last time I saw, they had the Cowboys as favorites by 6 & 1/2 points. Accordingly, I'll step up to say we'll win by 7 points to the tune of 27-20. To me, that seems a fairly realistic prediction, assuming such a thing exists. ;)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holy cr@p, I now want the Rams O to hang a 50 burger on these SUMBICHES!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Skip Bayless: 31-28 Cowboys
Shannon Sharpe: 30-27 Rams
And Bayless didn't sound overly positive about his Cowboys either! And, on the other hand, Sharpe sounded like he was counting his Winnings already!(y);):D