What Cowboys fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Every fanbase has its retards. The knowledgeable fans aren't taking the Rams lightly.

I think it's going to be a very good game. A lot will depend on if we can start fast like we have the games we've won this season. If we can do that and eliminate the horribly stupid mistakes that we've had the last two games I think the Rams win. If the Cowboys come out and stuff our offense and get an early lead and have as much success running the ball all over our defense like every team has done this year it'll be hard to catch back up like the Redskins game was for us. Either way, should be a good game I'd think. Don't see either side getting blown out at least.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/78346-just-for-fun-prediction-game-week-4-dallas-vs-la-rams/

Just For Fun Prediction Game: Week 4 - Dallas vs. L.A. Rams

Can we win 2 in a row?

10 points = Predicting game winner

5 points - Bonus for predicting actual game score of both teams

3 points - Close score bonus for being within 3 points of both teams' scores

2 points - Bonus question 1

2 points - Bonus question 2

To play, you give me this:

Game score prediction

Bonus Question 1: Elliott vs. Gurley - who will have more receiving yards

Bonus Question 2: Will there be a pass of over 42 yards in the game?
-------
Cowboys win in convincing fashion. they should be able to get out to an early lead in the 1st H. The Rams will make it a game in the 2nd H, but Dallas should have the game i hand by then.

31-21.

Gurley

yes.

Rams are a west coast team playing at the 1PM EST time slot. I expect them to start off slow. And the Cowboys own the Rams, or at least we did when Romo (best QB scramble for 9 yards, i think it was 9 yards) and later on with Murray.
--------
dallas 26 rams 13

gurley

yes.
--------
DAL 39
LAR 17

Gurley

Yes
---------
LA: 31
Dallas: 21

Gurley

Yes. Goff to Watkins for a TD.
-------
Dal: 21
Rams: 17

Elliot

Yes
--------
Cowboys 34
Rams. 20

Elliott

Yes
-------
Cowboys 35
rams 10

Zeke

Yes
------
Cowboys win 35 - 24
------
The game will be more passing then running, Dak will have 300 yds, Dez will have 100 and a td, and Witten and Beasley will be beast mode! Zeke will drop 80 yds rushing have a TD and a fumble!
-------
DAL 27
LAR 17

Bonus Gurley will have more recv yards

Bonus No pass over 42 yards.
--------
Cowboys-31 rams-17
Elliott
Yes
Hey girly man, Hans and Franz are going to f***, you up! :)
-------
Score prediction: Cowboys 31, Rams 24

Bonus Question 1: Elliott vs. Gurley - who will have more receiving yards. Gurley.

Bonus Question 2: Will there be a pass of over 42 yards in the game? Yes.
--------
Dallas 31
Rams 24

Bonus 1- gurley
Bonus 2-yes
------
DAL 24
LAR 20

EE
No
-------
Dallas 31 - LA 27

Elliott
Yes.
-------
Cowboys 28
Rams: 17

Elliot

Yes
-------
Dallas 23-13 Rams

Gurley

Yes.
--------
Cowboys 26
Rams. 17

Elliott
No

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice. You will have fun. Dallas area Cowboys fans are really cool. Do you plan on tailgating?
Yeah... I live here... been to the last 3 games (not counting pre-season, which I went to once).

Tailgating with two good friends who are Cowgirl fans.

Great stadium... but I hate giving money to Jerruh.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Yeah... I live here... been to the last 3 games (not counting pre-season, which I went to once).

Tailgating with two good friends who are Cowgirl fans.

Great stadium... but I hate giving money to Jerruh.
Oh, word. I live in South Irving.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Some of these Cowboy's fans are really losing it. Can't wait to read their comments after the game.
*******************************************************************************************
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/it-rubs-the-lotion-in-its-skin-or-it-gets-the-hose-again.386511/

It rubs the lotion in its skin or it gets the hose again

The Rams will do this whenever it's told, once the Cowboys are done with them.
--------
huh.gif

--------
This probably sounded better in your head than typed out.
:facepalm:
--------
Don't Rams have fur? :laugh:
-------
Have the lambs stopped crying Clarice???
--------
Dallas will have a tough one this week. Gurley had 130 yards of O and 2 scores against the skins. Cousins had a slow day passing the ball. BUT the skins did rush for over 200 on the Rams D.

I am not even considering the Colts or 49ers games in my analysis of the Rams. No Lee and its gonna be tough stopping Gurley. On the flipside they may have a tougher time stopping Zeke. Dallas 24-Rams 20
------

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAMQGIx3JKk

-------
Silence, little lambs!
------
Someone's hittin' the bottle a touch early...
--------
This would have made more sense if we we're playing the bills.
---------
No. Rams are adult male sheep. Lambs are baby sheep. The OP has essentially belittled the opponent (reducing them from fearsome horned beasts into cuddly creatures that bedtime stories are made of) while suggesting they will be abused and "silenced" come Sunday. It was an incredibly creative connection in my view.
--------
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ams-offensive-approach-and-the-dallas-defense

Week 4: Previewing the Rams offensive approach and the Dallas defense
Look for Demarcus Lawrence to continue grinding and lead Dallas to a victory.
by Manik Aggarwal

851135444.0.jpg

Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

The Dallas Cowboys got back to their winning ways with a solid performance against the Arizona Cardinals on Monday Night Football. The Cowboys now shift their attention to the NFC West leading Los Angeles Rams. Let’s take a look at the Rams offensive attack and how the Dallas defense will fare against it.

Quarterback

Through three games this season, Jared Goff is completing 70% of his passes for 817 yards and five touchdowns with only one interception. He has started the season off strong and has benefited from the addition of Sammy Watkins and the re-emergence of Todd Gurley.

Jared Goff has never faced the Dallas Cowboys so it remains to be seen how he handles the strong defensive line and coverage play in the secondary. This season, Goff has looked like a number-one pick and has excelled in both the long and short game through the first three games.

Look for the Cowboys to send pressure from the secondary to frazzle the young quarterback.

Offensive Line

The Rams offensive line consists of veteran Andrew Whitworth at left tackle, Rodger Saffold at left guard, John Sullivan at center, Jamon Brown at right guard and Rob Havenstein at right tackle.

Through three games, this group has only allowed three sacks, which is slightly less impressive given that they have faced the Colts, the Redskins and the 49ers, with only Washington showing a hint of a strong pass rush. Goff has shown the ability to navigate in the pocket but he will be tested often against a feisty and efficient Dallas defensive line.

Playmakers

Los Angeles acquired Sammy Watkins from the Bills this offseason and feature him as their leading and most productive receiver. Thus far, he has caught 13 of 14 balls thrown to him for 194 yards and two touchdowns. What will make Watkins particularly dangerous this week is his ability to gain separation and beat the defense on the deep post or go route.

In addition to Watkins, the Rams feature Todd Gurley who is a rushing and receiving threat from the back field. This season, Gurley leads the National Football League with six touchdowns through three games. His ability to break off a long run or convert on a third down is the key piece to the Rams offense.

The Dallas defense will focus all of their attention on stopping Gurley which will force Goff to beat them through the air. Based on their experiences in Denver, it is clear that the Dallas defense needs to make stopping Gurely their top priority. With the emergence of Lawrence and Collins along the defensive line, look for the Dallas to win the matchup up front.

Key Matchup

Demarcus Lawrence erupted on to the national scene on Monday Night Football after putting together his third straight superb performance. His tenacity and motor to get to the quarterback prevented Carson Palmer from throwing the ball down the field.

The key matchup this week is how Lawrence will be defended by the Rams offensive line. Given his string of strong performances, it is clear that he will receive double teams, but he has shown the ability to still cause havoc in the backfield.

If Lawrence is able to continue his pass-rushing attack, the Cowboys should be able to limit Goff’s passing game, then the defense can concentrate on shutting down Gurley’s ability to break long runs. If Lawrence and the defensive line are unable to limit Goff in the pocket, the Rams could pull out a major upset in Dallas.
-------
Concerned
I’m pretty concerned watching this defense struggle with almost 40yr Carson Palmer early last week, compared to younger more mobile Goff.

If they don’t keep containment it may be Denver game all over again.
------
Eh. Goff is a different sort of QB than Carson
Carson beats you with dagger long balls. Goff is more of an intermediate/short thrower. As long as we can tackle and don’t just get burned wide open down the field, and limit Gurley to short gains, we should be able to execute the defensive game plan.
------
I'd like to see more 3-4 sets
allowing us to spy Gurley and keep Goff honest on the underneath routes
-------
When Irving gets back
I think we could have a pretty good three man front. Irving, Collins, Crawford. Lee and Jaylon in the middle. The only question mark is the OLBs. Is DLaw as effective from a 2 point stance? Can Moore, Tapper, Mayowa, Taco or Wilber play well in that role?

I do think having Lee and Smith in the middle would help cover up the weakness that Jeff Heath is looking like he is. It’d be nice if Randy Gregory was here!
--------
yeah, tackling is key
and we’re going to need Sean Lee
--------
I agree that the focus of the defense should be stopping Todd Gurley
I’d much rather have Goff beat us then get run over by Gurley

Also, I’m disappointed that there wasn’t a mention about Cooper Kupp. He’s an effective weapon in the slot, and I’m looking forward to seeing Jourdan Lewis match up against him.
-------
I agree Kupp is a problem. He is basically the Ram version of Cole Beasley and helps move the chains for them.
I thinks its going to be a close game..
--------
we're going to have to cover better
i don’t think we will get the pressure with the 3 man line this week we had last week.
stop the run, cover it up, don’t give up the big play and get some four man pressure; easy peazy right.
-------
I don't think we'll see as many 3 man fronts for most of this game, unless things go really well
It wasn’t until the 2nd half vs ARI that Marinelli started using lots of 3 man fronts. I believe this was mostly because ARI wasn’t running the ball effectively and basically gave up on it. So, once Marinelli became comfortable enough knowing ARI was turning one dimensional, he used the 3-man front heavy DB formations.

I don’t think the Rams will do that unless the Cowboys have a large lead. I expect the Rams to continue to try and run the ball, so I don’t expect nearly as many 3man fronts.
-------
Read Sturm's Marinelli report today
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...ense-responds-behind-deacon-package-pass-rush

Sturm calls that 3 man line package the "Deacon Package" and it sounds like we’re likely to use it a lot in passing situations. It may sound like a formula for not generating pressure, but if you think about it, it could actually work really well for the season (in fact it worked pretty well late last year when we used it with Irving, Collins and Mayowa).

The reason why it works is because even though it’s a 5 blockers on 3 dlinemen situation, those 5 blockers can’t double team everybody. And if your 3 dlinemen are DLaw, Collins and Irving, each of those guys are capable of beating a 1 on 1.

So who do you leave one on one? Now, this deacon package wouldn’t work with just anybody – you need guys capable of consistently beating one-on-ones and we have a few of those guys thankfully.

What makes the Deacon package even more dangerous for offenses, is that we can choose to rush either of the 2 LBs too, or maybe a DB. It’s just very frustrating for an offense when we can put 6 DBs on the field and still get consistent pressure in passing situations.
-------
Rams writer knows what "bold" prediction means
There’s a sweet spot between plausible and outlandishly crazy and he nails it. They will all be very very wrong though.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/...ld-predictions-jerry-jones-tears-aaron-donald
------
We need to be efficient on offense in this game and stay ahead of the chains.
If Carlos Hyde can give the Rams run defense trouble then we should have success.
------

View: https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/913433833286127616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloggingtheboys.com%2F2017%2F9%2F28%2F16374766%2Fweek-4-previewing-the-rams-offensive-approach-and-the-dallas-defense

-------
Lee is a big need in keeping Gurley down.
Not having him, if he misses the game, will be a major issue this week.
------
That'd be a huge blow to our defense
Obviously they don’t want to aggravate the hammy and make it worse though….
I wonder if this means we could see an extra DB on the field instead. We have some hard hitters.
--------
Good news/bad news in the Cowboys' Thursday practice report
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...boys-full-secondary-present-thursday-practice

Our full secondary was on hand for practice, even Awuzie although it doesn’t say how much work he did. But Sean Lee is still limited by that hamstring.
--------
Don't be scared. Take comfort in the trend...
2014 DAL defense – 28 sacks
2015 DAL defense – 31 sacks
2016 DAL defense – 36 sacks
2017 DAL defense – already 11 sacks in 3 games

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's something else to boost the optimism around here.

View: https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/912904561043664898

The Rams need to keep up with getting ahead of the the sticks early and keeping the offense on track. This is a nice stat to rank well in. The Cowboys did a great job of it last year and you can see the teams the Rams rank with this year as well. Not saying it 1:1 or anything, but nice to see regardless.

This ^ is a nice stat I can wrap my arms around!:grouphug::D:mrburnsevil:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sure, put 8 DBs on the field Dallas. I think Gurley and Brown would absolutely hate that.
If the Cowpie's try that, " Rush three defenders and drop 9 back against us, like the did with the Cards, We'll burry them!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I will be at the game, so i couldn't care less about a message board thread. Just saying.
I hope your able to meet up with some other ROD members at the game, It would make for a great "Photo Shoot!"(y);):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Silence, little lambs!
. Rams are adult male sheep. Lambs are baby sheep. The OP has essentially belittled the opponent (reducing them from fearsome horned beasts into cuddly creatures that bedtime stories are made of) while suggesting they will be abused and "silenced" come Sunday. It was an incredibly creative connection in my view.

your opinion.gif

poppycock.jpg
download (2).jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Both teams are 2-1.

But let's look at how they got there.

The Rams beat the 1-2 Colts and 0-3 49ers very handily They lost a winnable game to the 2-1 Redskins.

The Cowboys beat the 0-3 Giants pretty handily and the 1-2 Cardinals on some late game well played football but overall they didn't look that good and were not that productive. They got blown out of the building by the 2-1 Broncos.

There is no way to predict any game of course but any Cowboys fan who thinks that the Cowboys are going to easily win this game is off his rocker. This game could easily end up one of those that gets decided by a turnover or one excellent drive or a special teams play.

@Rynie is correct, any knowledgeable fan knows the Rams can't be taken lightly.

I think the Rams will win if the defense keeps Elliot under 90 total yards rushing and receiving and Goff plays well. He doesn't have to be week 1 or week 3 good but can't be week 2.

If those two things happen the Rams can steal this game on the road.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Special teams made the 49ers game as close as it was. All things on offense and defense being equal against the Cowboys, if special teams does not make the same glaring mistakes, we should beat Dallas.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Both teams are 2-1.

But let's look at how they got there.

The Rams beat the 1-2 Colts and 0-3 49ers very handily They lost a winnable game to the 2-1 Redskins.

The Cowboys beat the 0-3 Giants pretty handily and the 1-2 Cardinals on some late game well played football but overall they didn't look that good and were not that productive. They got blown out of the building by the 2-1 Broncos.

Looks pretty damn equal to me, yet they spew.."They haven't played anyone" :rolllaugh:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I do too, but I don't think the NFL can flex any games until week 6 or 7.

What the hell were they thinking, putting Indy@Seattle for Sunday night?!?
Luck and Wussell were the two most successful quarterbacks from that draft. Maybe they were going for that angle. Obviously they didn't anticipate Luck being out with injuries.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cole Beasley wants to be cooper kupp when he grows up