What Cowboys fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/78219-official-la-rams-cowboys-pre-game-thread/

Official LA Rams @ Cowboys Pre-Game Thread

Jared Goff scare anybody? Didn't think so.
--------
Neither did Trevor Siemian........
----------
Is he mobile? A threat to run?
--------
No, he doesn't appear to be:

www.nfl.com/player/jaredgoff/2555334/gamelogs
---------
So maybe we can get away with dime coverage again.

If we line up with our corners 10 yds off the LOS I'm gonna scream loud enough that Marinelli will hear me.
----------
Gotta spank the Rams. Move the pocket and let Dak do what he does.
---------
Rams have a good D though and they scored 40+ points last week, albeit against the 49ers, but still...
--------
Yeah, Niners scored how much against this good D?
--------
Rams will be tricky, but it will be much easier after bringing that W back to Arlington with us. Scandy will have his work cut out for him against Watkins. I like the 6 DB's I think it suits us against the pass more than anything else Ive seen in the last couple of years.
-------
they've scored over 40 twice this season but against two of the worst teams in the league so there's that. Not sure what to think of this Rams team coming in. They've always been wildly inconsistent and pull off their big wins at home (unless it's Seattle) so I think this will be a comfortable win.

I don't see them turning the corner and beating good teams on the road just yet. And for Dallas, this is as much of a must win as it gets with how brutal the rest of our schedule is.
---------
We barely beat the cards, Dak had to scramble for his life because the passing plays are outright horrid.

Second half we run the ball a bit better, and didn't abandon the rush playcalling...

i think this game will all come down to play calling ... if linehan is pass happy ... its over. we lose.
-------
It will depend on what Todd gurley and what cowboys defense shows up
-------
Honestly , I don't think the cowboys should underestimate anyone right now.
They will likely have to fight tooth and nail for every win
-------
We can win these next two games. Neither Team is unbeatable. We may be looking at 5-1 going into our bye week. As always I expect a tough contests. But I still love what Marinelli is getting out of this Defense. I'm still not gonna give props to JG or Linehan because I believe we are still underutilizing the talent we have on Offense.

And even though our Defense seems to start off slow they come on strong as the game goes on. That my friends is Coaching! I do think we can beat the Rams and in so doing build more confidence moving forward.
---------
These Rams aren't last seasons Rams. I'm not taking them lightly. Home field advantage should get the W.
----------
Broken record but another tough game on tap. Goff is finally looking like the #1 overall pick and Gurley is starting to catch. Going to need a big day from Dak and the D again
---------
Yeah I want our Boys well prepared for this one and not looking ahead to the following week at home against the Packers. The Rams can move the ball as shown last Thursday
----------
In three games they've score a total of 3 points in the first quarter. Offense needs to come out firing and in attack mode from the start. Get a lead and then let the running game and playaction passing take over.
---------
I'll be there and I'll be rowdy. Excited to see Goff and Gurley also.
---------
its not time for us to look at the opponent or their record. We're not good enough to overlook anyone. We must commit to stopping the run and shutting down watkins... Its going to be a good test on our db to stop the pass and limit their big play ability.

On offense we need to keep the defense off balance and we need to finish our blocks....I'm glad we won our last game but we missed so many blocks its not even funny. I know we're better than what we showed the first couple games but its on the coaches and the team to show we can play a complete 60 min.
---------
Get by the Rams and getting Irving back and then playing the Pack, I could see 4--1 going into the bye week.
-------
the rams are better than I thought they'd be....as long as we execute,I think we can and will handle them.

In our history,we've encountered some unforseen road bumps when we've played the rams....some tough play-off loses in 70s and 80s come to mind...but I think we are better in each area than they are.

35-10...Cowboys Win.
----------
the HAMS allowed 39 points on their D by san fran
laugh.png

----------
Gotta get to Goff early and break his confidence. Need to get at least one turnover this game, and convert at least 50% of third down opportunities
----------
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/todd-gurley-were-gonna-whoop-up-on-cowboys.386359/

Todd Gurley: 'We're gonna whoop up' on Cowboys

I know we are even 24 hours removed from this win vs Arz but since Girly wants to puff out his chest I thought I would give his words a stage. LOL

Fresh off a monstrous, 113-yard, three-touchdown performance against the 49ers, Rams running back Todd Gurley was feeling good.

Good enough to let NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin know on the set of Thursday Night Football that the Cowboys were in trouble next week when Los Angeles heads to AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

"Like I said, we're taking it game by game and just focusing on the future right now, man. Next week, we've got Dallas. We've got a little break. So we're gonna whoop up on your 'Boys," Gurley said, laughing, after the Rams' 41-39 victory.

I'm assuming that this will be viewed by many as an inconsistent star player puffing out his chest after wins over the Colts (0-2) and 49ers (0-3) to start the season, but I'm all for a little bit of peacocking right now.

This team was trapped in a cycle of ineffective offensive coordinators during the Jeff Fisher era and, while the Sean McVay era will eventually hit its rocky patches, this Rams team deserves to enjoy themselves a little bit before the meatier portion of their schedule hits

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000849164/article/todd-gurley-were-gonna-whoop-up-on-cowboys
----------
They might. They have 10 days rest, and Cowboys have a short week coming back from a road trip. Not to mention Dallas has played 3 extremely physical games and I think I saw that both Lewis and Lee tweaked their hamstrings.

I am not taking this Rams team lightly considering their front 4, and more efficient offense under McVay.
--------
I don't take any team lightly either. I think Cowboys back at home and a Rams defense who is not great vs the run could be what Zeke and the OL need to get things rolling.
---------
Any given Sunday. Don't rest on the Rams. Take it to them and destroy Girlie.
---------
Yeah let's try that old... sell out to stop the run and try and make QB beat ya ;-)
--------
Well Rams are in 1st place by themselves so no reason Cowboys should take them lightly.
---------
Regardless of what TG says, this team and others here should not take the Rams lightly. The biggest mistake anyone could make is underestimating an opponent.

The rams are a different team entirely without Jeff fisher.
-------
I doubt the Cowboys are taking the Rams lightly.

But I think you're going to see this offense take it up a notch.

I think Dak is ready to play his game now. I think he understands he can't just stay in the pocket but has to move around and even run a little more, calculated runs.

I think it has also taken the offensive line a few games to find itself and gel with Collins being the new guy.

I think we're ready to roll.

Cowboys 34
Rams 20
--------
Dude the rams have been accumulating high picks year after year after year. Sometimes multiple picks per year.

It all comes down to the QB and he seems like he's putting it together in yr 2 under McVay.

This is a dangerous team because we don't really know what to expect when you have a load of talent under new direction playing with house money.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dak concerns me. Rams' contain needs to be insanely better vs him or it's gonna be sustained drive after sustained drive.

The Ewok concerns me. DL and ILBs need to get off blocks and make plays.

Think the offense should look good though. Only matchup that worries me is Lawrence. No reason why the Rams can't run up a good score on them. Just get the W though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I always laugh when fans brush off any team as if they have no chance. I'm not certain what to expect but something tells me to expect a close game.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Speaking of Cowgirl fans, where's @Rynie at?? Always enjoy his brand of smack talk.

Rambo

UDFA
I think the D will step up. If the offense (and special teams) can avoid turnovers I think we can win.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Need Gurley and the defense to have a good day. If we can shut Zeke down for the majority of the first half he will get frustrated. If that defense keeps running a 6 DB set then run it right at them.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This should be a good game and a good test for us.

Cant believe I am about to say this based on the past few years. I think the offense can score here, but I am worried about our defense. Should be interesting too to see how Goff handles a crowd like Dallas.

Cowboys should win but if we dont turn the ball over and limit our penalties to less than 5 and 50 yards we could pull this off.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
rams played thurs, cowboys played mon. add in the inexperienced and injured secondary they have, I'd honestly be quite disappointed to not get a win here

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again concerns stopping the run as Ogletree needs to be relevant. Also special teams cannot afford the gaffes they suffered in San Francisco and Goff with another fine performance will even turn more heads.

Hopefully everyone is healthy like Joyner & Webster because that will make a huge difference and as always:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm amused at the similarities homers of different teams are at underestimating the skill/talent of the opposing team and pumping up the capabilities of their own teams under the most ideal circumstances. I believe we can win if we can get Dak to be one dimensional and make Zeke irrelevant....probably hard to do for us on the road. We can only hope!

Ram65

Legend
Cowboy fans are pretty confident after a better second half last night. The Cardinals blew a chance to go up 14-0 and let the Cowboys in the game. The Rams will be rested and Cowboys could be a little tired after two road games. The Rams have an opportunity to shock everyone. Getting a lead will be important. Special teams getting a turnover or some kind of break will be needed. A nine point dog can still give them a fight.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm amused at the similarities homers of different teams are at underestimating the skill/talent of the opposing team and pumping up the capabilities of their own teams under the most ideal circumstances. I believe we can win if we can get Dak to be one dimensional and make Zeke irrelevant....probably hard to do for us on the road. We can only hope!

Most people are fair weather fans, they see what they want to see. I see us losing a close game. Much like the Skins game, we just don't have a complete team yet to compete with the playoff teams.

fearsomefour

Legend
I always laugh when fans brush off any team as if they have no chance. I'm not certain what to expect but something tells me to expect a close game.
I also like the guy dismissing Goff because he isent a runner....that guy has a clear understanding of what good NFL QBs do (blue font).

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The DAL fans seem - for the most part - to have a healthy respect for the Rams. And, most understand this is not a Jeff Fisher team anymore.

They probably know they can easily lose this one and it will likely be a battle for them.

TheBunk

Rookie
Can't believe I'm living in a world where teams and their fans are concerned about our offense. Can't believe it.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm actually shocked, that isn't nearly the level of cockiness and brazen disrespect I expect from a room full of Cowboy fans.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To me the two Big things the Rams need to do on Defence are:
* Keep Dak in the pocket!
* Don't let Zeke get out side!
and on Offence:
* Stop Lawrence!!
I think our Offence, as a whole, can take care of itself!
Last night was the 1st time all year that the Cowpie's have put up more the 19 points. They will have to do better in order to beat us!! JMHO