What Cowboys fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sappy113

Rookie
Dallas has some core strengths that could make life difficult for us, especially when they're home. They have a strong running back, WR, and a QB who can extend plays. Might not be the thing we need as long as the D is still adjusting.

On the other hand, if our O can get in to a rhythm, we should be able to put up points. If the D can settle down, there's a good chance we can pull out another W.

It's still hard to know exactly what this team will serve up. We might still be too much in rebuilding mode to be able to win on the road against a team that was considered one of the NFC favorites prior to the year. But I'm sure we'll make a hell of a game of it, and that's a lot more than we could ever say for the Red Zone allergic Fisher teams. Even if we lose, I don't doubt we'll flash so much potential that we can still look at the rest of the season with a lot of positivity. And that's a welcome change. Keep building, keep grinding, good things will come for this squad.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Because its a home game for the Pokes, we won't get to see their star player lift his leg and piss like a dog on the goal post. What a class act. How does he top that? Jerry Jones and Cowboy fans the world over must be proud as ever.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Because its a home game for the Pokes, we won't get to see their star player lift his leg and tick like a dog on the goal post. What a class act. How does he top that? Jerry Jones and Cowboy fans the world over must be proud as ever.
Wasn't that OBJ?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm actually shocked, that isn't nearly the level of cockiness and brazen disrespect I expect from a room full of Cowboy fans.
They probably realize that it was Wade's "Old D" that kicked the Shit out of them in Denver, and now Wade's coming to town with his New Bunch, and he didn't like being Fired by the Cowpie's!!(y);):yess:

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Because its a home game for the Pokes, we won't get to see their star player lift his leg and tick like a dog on the goal post. What a class act. How does he top that? Jerry Jones and Cowboy fans the world over must be proud as ever.
That was O'Dell, squirt. Nobody on our team, despite your hate, would do something like that.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dallas has some core strengths that could make life difficult for us, especially when they're home. They have a strong running back, WR, and a QB who can extend plays. Might not be the thing we need as long as the D is still adjusting.

On the other hand, if our O can get in to a rhythm, we should be able to put up points. If the D can settle down, there's a good chance we can pull out another W.

It's still hard to know exactly what this team will serve up. We might still be too much in rebuilding mode to be able to win on the road against a team that was considered one of the NFC favorites prior to the year. But I'm sure we'll make a hell of a game of it, and that's a lot more than we could ever say for the Red Zone allergic Fisher teams. Even if we lose, I don't doubt we'll flash so much potential that we can still look at the rest of the season with a lot of positivity. And that's a welcome change. Keep building, keep grinding, good things will come for this squad.
Yeah... they may not win... but let's at least make a respectable showing Sunday!

I'm sick of dropping a few hundred dollars to get embarrassed.

Let's go Rams! Let's take it to them and show the world we are for real!!! :pillowfight::football::banana:

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like most of us I initially predicted a Dallas win. Our injuries exacerbate that prediction. But I had a thought. I have a feeling that Wade Phillips finds a way to stop or at least slow Dallas' offense. I think this game to go either way but I'm predicting the Rams win. I think this is the gut check game we need and we find out what we're made of. Yes we lost to the Redskins but then they beat Oakland so perhaps they're a pretty good team too. Rams win 27-23 on a wing and a prayer!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hmmm

Dude the rams have been accumulating high picks year after year after year. Sometimes multiple picks per year.

It all comes down to the QB and he seems like he's putting it together in yr 2 under McVay.

This is a dangerous team because we don't really know what to expect when you have a load of talent under new direction playing with house money.
Lots of talent....truth at last.....

This Aaron Donald guy.................

He's playing this weekend. Back after holding out and seeing the Rams defense kicked butt without him.

2 INTs(both returned for TDs), 1 fumble recovery, 4 sacks, and holding Indy to only 3 FGs and 225 total yards.
Imagine if we did get worse with the ADDITION of AD? Scary thought....

Right now the Rams defense does not match up well against the Cowboys running game. Dak using his legs is a worry too. I don't like the matchup.

Our run defense can't stop anything and the Cowboys have one of the best running backs/offensive lines in the game.

Wade needs to answer the questions about his defense, especially in dealing with the run by Ezekiel Elliot.

Have to agree here. The Rams have been susceptible to pretty much everything up the middle this season. Feels like this may not be the best personnel for a 3-4.
I wonder if I missed someone??? Anyhoots....I'll say this now....We will stop Dallas' running game... Under 100 yards...and the first time we'll hold a team under 4.0 yards per carry. Son of Bum doesn't need much incentive either...Run defense is really a team effort....which focuses on gap integrity....watch your gap...NO, not the camel toe one that came to the minds of most...the A, B, and C gaps....and Quinn/Barwin/Samson/Longacre....please set the fucking edge!!!!! I heard a bunch of guys mention Cassanova and Carlos Thompson....MAN they were playing ball this training camp....Likely to be on the roster in 2018....I wouldn't worry about the run...or the rush...but I will be concerned with the secondary....Webster needs to play....Tru needs to ball...be MORE than a player....NRC needs to return to the slot...I actually think, because of the talent we have...this could be a huge Colt like victory....Az was killing the Cowboys in the first half....

@Rynie

don't be a stranger on gameday...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/rams-are-the-highest-ranked-team-in-points-scored.386424/

Rams are the Highest Ranked Team in points scored!

This really could be a trap game!!
---------
3 games feasting on arguably the two worse teams in the league.

They are definitely improved but even looking at stats with such a small sample size is silly.
---------
Are we suppose to laugh or be impressed with those stats?
---------
Small sample size or not, when you put together two or more high scoring games, this should make you take notice. By the way, Wade has a couple of game bullets waiting for the Cowboys on defense. Moral of story is, "He who takes lightly the other team should not be surprised when you LOSE"!
----------
Their Offense has been playing great. Lets hope we go out and control that clock.
---------
Not skeered! :laugh:

One small concern though.....Wade will know how to address our offense because it probably hasn't changed much since he left :grin:
--------
He doesn't know Linehans playbook. And Wade hasn't faced Dak or Zeke.
--------
Sure, they have beat "lower" teams, but the Rams were a hot mess last year.
Will it last? Nope. But impressive that they have been able to do that considering how bad they were last year at putting up points.
---------
their average drops down after this week...after they get 20 against us, their average drops from 35.7 to 31.75....no worries
---------
Washington ran for 229 vs them. Zeke, Dak and company should be feasting.
----------
this is the best offense we will play so far. yes Denver killed us but i think this rams offense is better.

They have three very good wr's who are playing well and athletic tight ends and of course gurley, Goff has played great.

this game will be a dogfight. Sean Mcvay knows how to attack our defense. They have 10 days rest and its a noon start where Dallas traditionally is sluggish.
----------
So what. And they barely beat the 49ers, who scored 39 on them.
----------
It was a half-joke but Linehans playbook isn't exactly hard to figure out and it is still Garrett's scheme. With that said, the Rams will not beat Dallas :cool:
----------
Every team in the NFL knows the Cowboys playbook. You can find it in the vanila section of any grocery store.
---------
BTW, I watch the Rams game with my dad, who has folllowed them since the '60s. I became a Boys fan in the late 70s, and my dad has followed them with me. He loves the Boys if not more than the Rams. So I know what the Rams are and yes, Goff has improved.

Our d is starting to get healthy and hopefully Awuzie or Carroll will return, giving us more depth at cb. Very least, Carroll will return. Awuzie, they prob won't rush him back.
----------
Well, it's figuring out our OL and Dak behind center with Zeke. Zeke has shown flashes, but I expect him to feast on the Rams bad run d.
---------
Yea, there is little chance that they can stop our run game. This week that all straightens out.
---------
We are deeper at wr, haven't even used Swit yet at wr, I expect the Boys to use him some more this game. As for knowing how to attack our defense? Our defense is an unknown, we don't even know what it is fully at this point. But we are getting better and the young guys in the secondary are showing what they can do. The pass rush will only improve with DMoore back in the fold.
--------
Best thing for Dallas... playing this game at home lol

I think the offense found its spark and turned the corner on MNF. The Rams are catching us at a bad time for them-- confidence is back, defense is playing well, and we should be healthier than we have been all year.

Running game should look better on Sun.

Dallas 27
LA 23
-------
I say Zeke has a big day and Dak will move outside the pocket more. If the 49ers can score 39 vs that d, I say...

Dallas 42
Rams 21
--------
The only time that franchise put up more points over the first three games was the "greatest show on turf." They have talent. I know the schedule and all but Sammy Watkins and Todd Gurley are legit weapons.

Nonetheless I expect the Dallas Cowboys to dominate them.
--------
They definitely look like a much improved team. I think they are too good to be considered a trap game. I also think we had our trap game in Denver. Only in the second half of the MNF game did this team resemble the 2016 Cowboys so I would hope they know better than to overlook anyone. But we'll see.
--------
Its 3 games and they have a major outlier game as far as scoring, just as we do as far as giving up 42 points. We are NOT a team who is likely to give up 42 points. They are not (yet) a prolific scoring team
-------
Hey, it's a current snap shot...that part is a good share. Now, an early attempt of after-action-analysis.

Their defense has been difficult to describe, beyond not answering the call.

The Dallas offense should put much additional pressure on their offense, as should DeMarcus Lawrence.

Let Smith and Lee mold some more, and please let their running back come into the game singing: 'I am the greatest.'
--------
When we beat the Rams I fully expect the "experts" to say that they aren't a good team. Meanwhile Brady can throw 5 TDs against the helpless Colts and he's praised for it.
---------
The biggest worry is that Dallas has a short week coming off a tough, physical road game (two actually), and the Rams have had 10 days off to get healthy and prepare. Donald is getting his legs under him, and if Lee and Lewis are unable to play, that can mead lots of Gurley catches for big plays, as they've used him in the passing game very well.

Cowboys can't start slow again, because McVay and Phillips will be all over that. Cowboys have to establish their ball control attack and keep the Rams offense off the field.
--------
I seem to remember our RBs regularly having a field day against the Rams. From Julio Jones to Murray and now hopefully Zeke.
---------
They are going to have a hard time scoring without the ball. This is the week Zeke feasts.
---------
I'm amazed at how much Goff has improved. Remember we just played them in the PS and he looked good. Not gonna be easy but they never are folks. Chaz will have his hands full with Donald.
---------
Their major outlier game, as far as scoring, is the game against Washington where they only scored 20.
---------
Gurley is scary fast and, at the moment, playing better football than Zeke. I do think, however, the Cowboys defense just might be their biggest challenge to date.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not sure if you thought i was actually serious or not.

Also, even if i was serious, would it be too far-fetched for a fan of a team coming off a 13-3 record with a rookie QB to think their team has a chance to win the SB this year? :rolleyes:

I guess almost every fan feels that way 3 weeks in.

Ants

Starter

i am seriously considering benching the rams d in fantasy football because when i do at the beginning of the season they usually kick arse and totally dominate the opposition. although i did start them week 1 so...i don't know.

Ditto.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
and Quinn/Barwin/Samson/Longacre....please set the freaking edge!!!!!

Joe Staley seemingly had one of the easiest games of his career because Quinn ran up the field every damn play.

I hope you're right. We can't be successful in October with this current run defense.

I'm ready to see more and more of the younger guys.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
After averaging 25,000 at HOME, I'm anxious to see how they deal with 90,000 plus loud fans in a REAL HOSTILE environment...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sucks here for people without Sunday ticket. In Reno we get an early cbs Raiders game. 50 miles east you get the Rams game.