What Cowboys fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/rams-are-the-highest-ranked-team-in-points-scored.386424/page-2

Rams are the Highest Ranked Team in points scored!

Im listening to cowboys break while I am working and David Helman just said it sounds like Chido, carroll are going to be out again and Lewis had tightness in his hamstring and is day to day and Sean Lee has a strained hamstring and is day to day.

Yikes. If we lose lee and lewis on top of what is already out they are going to struggle.
---------
Well they have beaten the Colts and the 49ers. That clearly makes them the slam dunk Super Bowl champs. Might as well hand them the Lombardi right now. Add to the fact that Todd Gurley has already stated they are going to "whoop you". Who am I to argue.

Rams 63
Cowboys 0

Of course, there is always the possibility that I may be wrong.
---------
while this is true and I think the colts are horrendous it doesn't discount that they are a better and more talented team with much better coaches this year. Look back at Dallas last year, weeks 2-4 they played washington, chicago and SF.

Everyone was saying we only were winning because those teams stink but that was not the case. It can be the same thing with the rams, they beat some bad teams which leads to team confidence and better play.

Dallas playing back to back teams coming off 10 days rest seems really odd also by the way.
--------
Mr Goff and mr Girly meet mr Lawrence and Mr Collins..... they've been expecting you...
--------
Can we just forfeit?
--------
Bad teams or good, Goff looks night and day from last year. Looks like he may actually make it as an NFL QB. I was comparing him to Blane Gabbert last year.

However he is still a young QB, and if we can maintain the the pressure we have been able to get this season we can force bad plays
--------
Tell me about their O-line..
----------
Whitworth vs. DLaw

Havenstein vs. Mayowa / Moore

hmmmm
-------
so it's looking like Whitworth will be the best OT DLaw has faced yet and there are mixed reviews on Havenstein

if I'm Rod I might be moving the d-lineman around until I optimize the matchups (i.e. DLaw potentially moving to LDE for a series)
--------
Are we supposed to be impressed they put up a lot of points against 2 pretty bad defenses?
---------
40+ against a couple of garbage teams, some scored by their defense. The only decent team they played held them to 20 and beat them.
---------
QB Rating
Goff 118.2
Prescott 88.9
--------
I love the immediate impact McVay seems to have had with Goff. The kid looks like a big time player now. With that being said you run right at the Rams and you'll have success. Zeke for at least a buck 50.
---------
Just dont sleep on this team. This is a game we should win but if we underestimate them than we can easily lose this game. So im very curious how we come out and how approach this game.
-----------
Goff has really improved, he throws with accuracy if not pressured. I would not put Tank on Whitworth. Rams have very good WRs and they will hurt you if we dont bring pressure,i expect a close game.
---------
Rams gave up 39 points to the 49ers. Even though 49ers couldn't run the ball (3.4 ypc), and their d finished with zero sacks. QB Bryan Hoyer had 332 yds passing, 49ers wr Pierce Garcon put up 142 yds on them.

If the 49ers can do that, just see no way Rams can stay close to our offense. I don't expect Dak to come out flat 4 games in a row to start. Just don't see a close game myself. Boys by at least 20.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I feel the dismissive attitude. Nothing to lose here. The Rams will come in loose, and play well. The Cowboys have all the pressure. I wish this game flexed to Sunday night.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Whitworth vs. DLaw

Havenstein vs. Mayowa / Moore

hmmmm
-------
so it's looking like Whitworth will be the best OT DLaw has faced yet and there are mixed reviews on Havenstein

if I'm Rod I might be moving the d-lineman around until I optimize the matchups (i.e. DLaw potentially moving to LDE for a series)
This^ confuses me! Wasn't DLaw playing LDE against the Cards!? Doesn't that mean He'll be matched-up with Havenstein!? Do the Cowpie Fans know who plays what position along there own D-Line!?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/78219-official-la-rams-cowboys-pre-game-thread/page-2

Official LA Rams @ Cowboys Pre-Game Thread

I'm just glad we're back on turf. Our offense looks pretty slow on the grass. We have to stop Gurley and
see if Goff can beat us with 3 guys rushing and 8 back. Denver supposedly came up with the blueprint to beat us, maybe we just came up with our own defensive blueprint (3-8). Rams defense is no joke, but I think Zeke is gonna have a big game....
---------
.im worried about this game. Rams have good octane offense. Shifty receivers and good rb. Cowboys are still trying to figure things out on defense. Same on offense.

I wont be surprised if cowboys lose going into bye.

its a tuffy.
-------
I have watched a lot of the Ram games this year because Gurley is on my Fantasy team. Rams offensive line is terrible. Gurley has also had major fumbling problems this year. There receiving core is solid.

The Cowboys defensive line should be able to shut down the run and pressure Goff into some bad throws. Ram defense is not good at all this year.

They also make tons of mistakes. They did everything in there power last week to lose that football game against the 49ers but got lucky. At home, I think the Cowboys are a lock this week.
--------
Cowboys HAVE to run th ball vs Rams. LA Offense can put up point their HC (McVay) runs a very good scheme. Ball control offense is key to victory, DAL needs to get their identity back.

Young Secondary will be tested, an they need th DL to continue getting pressure on QBs.

Tough test this week, don't be fooled.
---------
A lot of you guys are not paying attention. Jared Goff is off to a hot start. Say what you want about the quality of the teams the Rams have played, but Goff has been stellar. He is third best in passer rating right now, and that is good no matter who you play.

The biggest issues I see in this game are injuries. If Lee and Lewis can't go, that is problematic. Also, Zeke just looks slow. I have been calling him a bum since around mid-July, but I have been thinking about it since last night. He is not a bum...but I believe this whole situation is weighing heavy on his mind. Maybe it's just my perception, but I think it is affecting him.

I like our chances in this one. I say it will be Dallas 27 Rams 23
----------
I truly noticed it last night for the first time. Zeke really does look heavy and slower than last year. Something is definitely up there
-------
There should be room for our offense to move the ball. 49ers scored a bunch on them and they are not good. Goff has been good, but if we can get pressure on him early and give him happy feet, it should be a good night for the Boys. I think Zeke has a big night.
--------
Do Not underestimate the RAMS.....they're young and HUNGRY.....Boys need to come out with Drive and Passion and take it to them from the start.....They need to be beat down from second no 1 or they just might believe they can come out of Dallas with a win them Rams that is....
-------
The way we have been playing I don't think we will be underestimating or taking any team lightly just yet.
------
I'll most likely end up picking us to win this one--but our O line just isn't getting it done like it was last year, our defense makes me really nervous early, and I'm just not sure what we have going on here. A lot of things to like, but 3 or 4 things to be pretty concerned about. These Rams look pretty good to me.
-------
So will Garrett know how to beat the old H.C/D.C? Think about it. Besides Aaron Donald we should know how to shutdown that defense.
--------
I don't know what to think yet. Heard a bunch of talking heads singing the Ram's praises, but I don't trust them. They did the same thing with Philly last year. They sounded great until they had to play a real team.
--------
The Rams offense is definitely showing some life. Goff has a couple of good security blanket in rookie possession receiver, Cooper Kupp and Gurley can be a beast. The line, while improved isn't perfect so we should be able to get some heat on him.

The Rams have been traditionally strong up front, but not great in the secondary.

The question I have right now is are we a real team this season. I think we are, but I have this nagging doubt.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This^ confuses me! Wasn't DLaw playing LDE against the Cards!? Doesn't that mean He'll be matched-up with Havenstein!? Do the Cowpie Fans know who plays what position along there own D-Line!?
He was but do you really expect your average cowpoke fan to understand his left from his right?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's so cute these guys thinking 3 DL will shut down Gurley because our "OLine is garbage".

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I truly noticed it last night for the first time. Zeke really does look heavy and slower than last year. Something is definitely up there

Nah, Zeke looks great.

zeke.jpg

I'll most likely end up picking us to win this one--but our O line just isn't getting it done like it was last year, our defense makes me really nervous early, and I'm just not sure what we have going on here. A lot of things to like, but 3 or 4 things to be pretty concerned about. These Rams look pretty good to me.
That's right, biatches!!! :shooting:

I don't know what to think yet. Heard a bunch of talking heads singing the Ram's praises, but I don't trust them. They did the same thing with Philly last year. They sounded great until they had to play a real team.
Like the cowgirls? :rolllaugh:

The question I have right now is are we a real team this season. I think we are, but I have this nagging doubt.

:help:

…..

Legend
These fans are smug and overconfident. I visited the Seattle boards this week and they are the opposite. It seems like doom and gloom over there. Quite a contrast in fan bases.

TexasRam

Legend
I am here in Cowboy land in North Texas.

All Cowboys fans at work.

The general Consensus is they all think their team has fallen off a notch and are a little concerned the Rams are going to come in and beat them.

I told one coworker this is a game I've been waitin for to see if the Rams are going to be competitive this year. His response was a sarcastic "Yea because the Cowboys are a juggernaut".

Some of them thinks this years Cowboys suck.

I asked two of them if they wanted to do a friendly bet with the spread. Both declined.

I smell blood Rams bros.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Here's something else to boost the optimism around here.

View: https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/912904561043664898

The Rams need to keep up with getting ahead of the the sticks early and keeping the offense on track. This is a nice stat to rank well in. The Cowboys did a great job of it last year and you can see the teams the Rams rank with this year as well. Not saying it 1:1 or anything, but nice to see regardless.

…..

Legend
Here's something else to boost the optimism around here.

View: https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/912904561043664898

The Rams need to keep up with getting ahead of the the sticks early and keeping the offense on track. This is a nice stat to rank well in. The Cowboys did a great job of it last year and you can see the teams the Rams rank with this year as well. Not saying it 1:1 or anything, but nice to see regardless.

wait....if the Chiefs get 10.39 yards on first downs.....that means they never get a 2nd or 3rd down opportunity? That must suck.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
wait....if the Chiefs get 10.39 yards on first downs.....that means they never get a 2nd or 3rd down opportunity? That must suck.

Well, it's an average so something like a 70+ yard Kareem Hunt TD skewers it a bit, but regardless, impressive stat.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sure, put 8 DBs on the field Dallas. I think Gurley and Brown would absolutely hate that.