What Cowboys fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Yeah son, you better get back to dat kitchen of yours

I'm so happy your ladies beat the tweety birds..didn't want your superstars coming off a defeat?

The Rams O should indeed concern you,3 sacks allowed, Watkins,Woods, that Cooper Kupp dude, oh and TGII not to mention a QBwith upside lil Dakota can only fantasize about

Love ya Rynie but...but.. .my boys are gonna have to take care of biz this Sunday

Please don't get too offended

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
And I thought that wuz a reply to the arts and crsftys guy from way back

still the greatest AV ever

Sheesh

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i am seriously considering benching the rams d in fantasy football because when i do at the beginning of the season they usually kick arse and totally dominate the opposition. although i did start them week 1 so...i don't know.

bluecoconuts

Legend
This will be a tough test for the Rams, but I think they can do it. Our defense is going to need to be a lot better though, especially against the run. If we can't contain the run it's going to be a long day, because we have to watch both Elliot and Prescott.

We know that Goff and the offense can execute a shootout if needed, but I'd rather not have it come to that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some threads on the Rams from earlier in the season.
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/78061-tnf-week-3-lar-sf/

TNF Week 3: LAR @ SF

I think LA will win. With that said, I donʻt like either uniform.
----------
This will be in competition against Cleveland and Indy for the worst match up of the week. At least the Rams have Goff and Gurley. See if Todd can run for more than 3 yards a carry.
---------
These teams suck!!!!!
----------
I like the Rams' unis.
Very nice.
----------
Am I the only one that would take pleasure if the 49ers go 0-16 this year?
----------
I think the 49ers are protesting victories.

zYKk55T.gif

---------
Maybe Iʻm overreacting because of how bad the Colts and 49ers are. However, am I the only one that can see the LA Rams in the NFC Championship?
--------
The 49ers O are scoring way too much on this stacked Rams D for that to happen.
---------
I would LOVE to see the Rams and Packers play in at least the divisional round. I think that Aaron Rodgers would have a bad day.
---------
More points than tackles in this game.
----------
Geez. This looks like a bad Tecmo Bowl game.

Are these the 'same ol' Rams' from yesteryear??
---------
Aaron Donald up the middle is unstoppable.
---------
Donald can't be stopped.
---------
Rams get a nice break and the Cowboys will be on a short week. I hope the Cowboys come ready to play.
-------
Weʻre going to have to be. Especially with Wade Phillips seemingly as the Co-Head Coach of the Rams.
--------
Best NFL game this year.
--------
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/77743-this-aaron-donald-guy/

This Aaron Donald guy.................

He's playing this weekend. Back after holding out and seeing the Rams defense kicked butt without him.

2 INTs(both returned for TDs), 1 fumble recovery, 4 sacks, and holding Indy to only 3 FGs and 225 total yards.

http://profootballta...rams-on-sunday/
---------
I bet the Rams defense wish they could face a Tolzien led Colts offense every game with or without Donald. lol
--------
Yeah. He's over hyped..lol.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm expecting a game that closely mirrors the SF game. Last man standing shootout where both defenses look like background scenery in a Hollywood B movie.
SMH :palm:

Show me something SonOfBum.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Checking out the grassy knolls along the route ?(n)
Meh. I don't know. SOMEONE will be offended if we make the route go through that part of downtown. In order to stay socailly conscious, the route MUST go through Oak Lawn, which is the gayborhood.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're going to need a great gameplan on both sides of the ball this week. Offense may have to carry the team again. I don't know if they'll pull it off on the road. This is a tough game. The extra time to prepare will help, but this will be our toughest test of the season thus far. We can't make backbreaking mistakes like we made against Washington.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Reasons for optimism:

Long week vs. Short week. The Rams got the benefit of some scheduling here and will presumably get some players, like Webster, back for this one, where as the Boys are coming off a Monday night game that they also had to play on the road. Hopefully in preparation and practice, some of the issues will be ironed out more.

Cowboys O-line has looked human these past couple weeks. They have gone up against some stiff defenses, but for some reason they just haven't pulled it together like they did last year. Even Tyron Smith had a uncharacteristic lapse against the Cards. Green and Collins are unpolished and prone to making mistakes on the right side of that line. Frederick and Martin are great, but they will have their hands full with Donald and Brockers. It's up to the other guys to win their match-ups, especially against Collins and Green.

Also, and correct me if I'm remembering this wrong, but it seems the Boys like to run on early downs more often than not and I feel teams have keyed in on it a bit. They did it a lot last year with great success as Zeke kept them ahead of the chains and made later downs manageable as they dominated T.O.P. on their way to 13-3. I feel that teams are playing for the run more on early downs against the Boys and couple that with inconsistent play from the young guys on the right side of that line, and they haven't been as effective as they were last season. If I were Linehan, I would try to let Dak off the leash a bit and let him pass a bit more on first and second down.

This Cowboys defense has issues. Lawrence is gonna be tough, but he shouldn't be overlooked by anyone anymore. They gotta have a plan to block him. The rest of the line isn't up to his stuff. Crawford is talented, but hasn't been the 45 million dollar guy they thought they signed a couple years back. Jaylon Smith at LB is not back to football shape and is basically a rookie. He can be picked on. They have a talented, yet young
and injured secondary. Their best corner has a broken hand. They aren't terrible by any means, but I think the Rams faced a better defense earlier this year in the Redskins.

The Rams coaches need to draw up a good one here and hopefully this extra time has helped the defense get it together. They need to understand gap responsibilities and keep Zeke contained. I'm not worried so much about Witten and Dez as I am the background guys for the Cowboys. I don't want Beasley converting a bunch of 3rd downs and I don't want to see the big, fast guys like Butler and Williams working downfield on this team. Those two aren't the most consistent producers, but they got the ability to get downfield and make some big plays.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Another thing that would be big for this team against the Cowboys would be the continued success of the play action. That young secondary could really be prone to biting on PA if they can get the run going well against the Cowboys. Goff has the best YPA in the league and a large part of that is that it's even better off play action.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_LARams/status/912163417619931136

McVay and Goff sure do love the play action and it could be extra deadly against an inexperienced secondary going against some talented receivers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Right now the Rams defense does not match up well against the Cowboys running game. Dak using his legs is a worry too. I don't like the matchup.

It will be interesting to see if the Rams can keep pace and out score the Cowgirls. A few turnovers would be huge. However Marinelli should know each other's game plan and tendencies. I hope the strategic planning goes in our favor.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I think it'll be another shootout. Our run defense can't stop anything and the Cowboys have one of the best running backs/offensive lines in the game. Plus you know Linehan loves sticking it to the Rams. Dude can coach an offense.

I'm interesting in seeing how Goff handles the pressure. Havenstein should be in for a long day. Hope he eats his Wheaties.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If this team has truly turned a corner, it needs to go into Dallas and make a statement. It's not incorrect for anyone to point out that we put up 40+ points on two poor teams which might make the offensive numbers a little misleading.

The D really needs to take a big step in the right direction on Sunday.

I'll admit I'm worried about this one.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this team has truly turned a corner, it needs to go into Dallas and make a statement. It's not incorrect for anyone to point out that we put up 40+ points on two poor teams which might make the offensive numbers a little misleading.

The D really needs to take a big step in the right direction on Sunday.

I'll admit I'm worried about this one.

I admit I'm worried about every game.

I was worried about Indy because it was the first game, showcasing all of the changes. First real game, were we the SOSAR? Goff looked pretty good against vanilla base defenses in preseason, but we have seen some QB's look great in Preseason, and yet turned into a dumpsterfire come the regular season. Would the new rookies and FA's make us a much improved team?
RAMS 46
COLTS 9

I was worried about the progression of Goff against reportedly much better competition in the Redskins. It's curious to me that it's only after a good outing by the Rams that other team is diminished markedly by the media. Sure, it was a Luck-less Colts, but that doesn't explain the score. It's never that the Rams performed great, just that the score reflects a bad Colts team (wtf?). I wasn't worried about the Rams defense vs Washington,because we had given up only 9 points in Wade's system vs the Colts. Kupp is a stud and no one can stop him.
REDSKINS 27
RAMS 20

Ok, was a little wrong here. Sure, Robert Woods self destructed on that critical drive near the end with penalties. Kupp and Everret were missing in the game plan. except on the one INT attempt to Kupp. Many were calling for Wood's head after this game, but that wasn't the biggest fail. Our "great" defense was absolutely gutted by straight ahead runs. We couldn't stop it in the beginning of the game and when it mattered in the last drive or two by the Skins. Goff wasn't as sharp, getting one INT. Very short week against a second familiar coach to McVay in Shannahan. Does McVay know how important this game is? Could Goff regain his game one form, vs the hated Niners? I just can't bear another loss to this POS team! Even though I think we should win, it's on the road and we haven't beat the sucky Niners in a while
Rams 41
49ers 39

Well, we won. The fans outside of San Francisco and LA thought this was the best Thurs Night game in history. For us? We could have done without the mistakes in Special teams, that resulted in three scores for the d@mn Niners! They cry about a phantom PI in the last drive by them after the disasterous onside kick, but it should never have been that close. Our defense again couldn't stop a RB, and this time it was a decent RB named Karlos Hyde. Our offense was just on fire! Goff looked (again) like the #1 Overall Pick in the Draft. Todd Motherfreakin GURLEY is back! Woods and Watkins both got over 100 yards receiving, which hasn't been done in more than ten years when SJAX and Bruce did it. I think the Rams D isn't as bad as the score indicates, when you think of the physical game in the skins loss, and then travelling to Frisco on Thurs night, just 4 days.

Our defense was tired, so this week is a big test after a 10 day rest. If I'm not being a homer, I would say the odds are against us in Dallas. Can we win? HELL YES. Wade needs to answer the questions about his defense, especially in dealing with the run by Ezekiel Elliot. Goff better step into the pocket or he's going to get creamed, after watching the Dallas/Cards game. This is where we see how Goff performs on the road against a HUGE hating crowd and a D Front that sacked Palmer like a rag doll. Again, I'm worried.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Right now the Rams defense does not match up well against the Cowboys running game. Dak using his legs is a worry too. I don't like the matchup.
Have to agree here. The Rams have been susceptible to pretty much everything up the middle this season. Feels like this may not be the best personnel for a 3-4. Hope WP has a plan to shore that up, but unless he deploys more 4-3 fronts, I just dunno if we stop that running game or that mobile QB. The Cowboys are a pretty well stacked team on O and I expect them to put it on us at their place. Rams are improving, but not ready for this team....yet. Pokes 34 - Rams 20