What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for coming here and sharing your thoughts. We like discussing with opposing team fans.

That's a fact. We'd also like to remind all Cardinals fans to stay out of our Game Day thread and win or lose, to allow everyone time to cool off before returning for further discussions after the game. Thanks!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Really is nothing to joke about. Sorry but the death of someone doesn't seem all that funny.
And I wasn't joking about the death of anyone. I didn't know who he got the tendon from, nor should I. When you assume, you make an ASS out of you, and me. Like I know who's achilles Carson has. In fact, nobody should know that. It only puts a burden, on the family, and person who has generously given the donation, as well as put pressure on the recipient. It's not common knowledge. It's not divine intervention for someone to die, so that, Carson, and your team, can play well. That's BS. Sorry, if you believe that. It's just a good story.

It's usually an anonymous one, like I said, I have two, and not once did anyone tell me whose donation it was. It stinks for both parties. I'm not famous, so it was, and is, a non story. Just a generous thing for someone to do, before they died. To make that decision. Donate, their parts. They didn't donate their soles. I have offered the same thing, my good parts. My sole belongs to one.

Go pound sand. Or come back, after you lose. You, obviously have no sense of humor, or what the word even means. I do. Don't even let me get into the rest of it. Just go. I'm not trolling you, and where you hang your hat. I was attempting to inject some humor into the conversation.

If I get banned for using humor, or calling someone out, who thinks they have free reign, on my fan forum, it will be worth it. I'll miss it greatly, but I won't miss the likes of you. Roll in your troll, and enjoy.

Last edited:

Ringless

UDFA
That's a fact. We'd also like to remind all Cardinals fans to stay out of our Game Day thread and win or lose, to allow everyone time to cool off before returning for further discussions after the game. Thanks!

No problem at all, really looking forward to participating on this board and hopefully contributing good content.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm just looking forward to the Rams playing the Cardinals without having guys like Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis and Shawn Hill at QB.
Bradford went 27/38 for 299 and 2 TD's W
Clemens went 16/27 for 181 and 2 INT's L
Davis went 17/30 for 216 1 TD 2 INT's L
Hill went 20/39 for 229 1 INT L

Not to mention the fumbles. Taking care of the football is always important but especially so against Arizona. Here's why...http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/team-net-turnover-points-statistics.40356/

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's the OP from our own @RamzFanz who dukes it out with Cardinals fans on a 13-page thread. To read the whole thing click the link below.
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/a-rams-fans-view-226530.html

A Rams' Fan's View
RamzFanz -

Greetings birds!

Just came by to say hello and discuss the game. I see a lot of respect around here for the Rams and some not so informed opinion.

I don't like this game at all this week. The Rams are playing elite teams and the offense is getting close, but they aren't ready. Still, this is the game and it's a must win if the Rams intend to fight for the NFCW title this season.

I'm hoping the Rams want it more than the Cards and bring everything they have.

Rams D is mighty. They held Hawks to 18 offensive points and the Steelers to 12. Any thoughts that the Cards will somehow score 24 or whatever I'm seeing are probably unfounded.

No disrespect to Plamer, he's great, or the Cards stars, I stole Fitz in FF, but the Cards have not faced a defense like this one. Not even close.

The Rams are tied for the NFL lead in sacks at 13 and lead in tackles. The three opponents the Cards have faced, COMBINED, have 1 more sack than the Rams.

Only Washington could disrupt them by using 3 TE sets and it seems the Rams adjusted to deal with that. People think the Rams suck against the run. That's history, not reality. Lynch and Bell had OK games on the ground.

The offense this season started without the RB1 Gurley, RB2 Mason, and WR1 Quick. A new OC, new scheme, new QB, and a new o-line with 2 rookies. They have been pretty shaky.

They won't stay that way. Gurley has 6 snaps and will get more this game. Mason is back and not playing injured. The o-line is getting better every week. Foles' stats don't reflect his play, he's dangerous and elusive in the pocket. 1 INT against stout defenses. Quick starting would be huge for Foles.

Austin and Britt are gamers. Austin hasn't seen his number called enough, to say the least. Britt might be playing his best ball ever.

Will it come together this week? It could, but it seems a week or two early for me. If it does, watch out, because this is a deeply talented offense.

The Rams are good at stopping what the Cards are good at doing. The Rams are very good in the red zone where the Cards feast. The Rams WILL disrupt a good passing game with the pass rush and pretty solid secondary. Jenkins can cover anyone and is just getting better. He's not the sharpest tool in the bag though and can blow a coverage now and then. He can't be out played, but he can be tricked into a mistake.

The Rams also feature a top special teams. They are dangerous and will capitalize on any mistakes. Austin is one punt return TD away from the Rams record and he's lost at least 4 to penalties early in his NFL career.

If the Cards score 20, I'll be shocked. Same with the Rams unless it's defense and special teams.

I'm going with the Rams 27 - 17 because I think they will bring the heat on ST and D and capitalise. I think they're pissed about not winning against the Steelers when they owned that game and this is a must win. I can also see Quick, Gurley, and Mason being game changers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This is the Cardinals first test; we've beaten the bad teams the way a good team should.
This is the first real test you've faced, and we'll get a chance to see how much our young players have grown...Pretty much every team you've faced is garbage...3-0 means nothing facing garbage teams..
Palmer was hot when he was injured last year, not surprised with his skills...Guy could play since USC...Threw for 4000 in Oakland....OAKLAND!!!!!
Foles threw for 411 last time he faced you...If he's a lil more accurate, I could care less how many drops we have, he'll have a breakout game...I believe Fish (got to right?), we are just a lil ways away from making huge plays...You'll see in 2 days...Come around after...bring @Cardncub with his avatar...and that other guy...can't think of his name...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Here's the OP from our own @RamzFanz who dukes it out with Cardinals fans on a 13-page thread. To read the whole thing click the link below.
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/a-rams-fans-view-226530.html

A Rams' Fan's View
RamzFanz -

Greetings birds!

Just came by to say hello and discuss the game. I see a lot of respect around here for the Rams and some not so informed opinion.

I don't like this game at all this week. The Rams are playing elite teams and the offense is getting close, but they aren't ready. Still, this is the game and it's a must win if the Rams intend to fight for the NFCW title this season.

I'm hoping the Rams want it more than the Cards and bring everything they have.

Rams D is mighty. They held Hawks to 18 offensive points and the Steelers to 12. Any thoughts that the Cards will somehow score 24 or whatever I'm seeing are probably unfounded.

No disrespect to Plamer, he's great, or the Cards stars, I stole Fitz in FF, but the Cards have not faced a defense like this one. Not even close.

The Rams are tied for the NFL lead in sacks at 13 and lead in tackles. The three opponents the Cards have faced, COMBINED, have 1 more sack than the Rams.

Only Washington could disrupt them by using 3 TE sets and it seems the Rams adjusted to deal with that. People think the Rams suck against the run. That's history, not reality. Lynch and Bell had OK games on the ground.

The offense this season started without the RB1 Gurley, RB2 Mason, and WR1 Quick. A new OC, new scheme, new QB, and a new o-line with 2 rookies. They have been pretty shaky.

They won't stay that way. Gurley has 6 snaps and will get more this game. Mason is back and not playing injured. The o-line is getting better every week. Foles' stats don't reflect his play, he's dangerous and elusive in the pocket. 1 INT against stout defenses. Quick starting would be huge for Foles.

Austin and Britt are gamers. Austin hasn't seen his number called enough, to say the least. Britt might be playing his best ball ever.

Will it come together this week? It could, but it seems a week or two early for me. If it does, watch out, because this is a deeply talented offense.

The Rams are good at stopping what the Cards are good at doing. The Rams are very good in the red zone where the Cards feast. The Rams WILL disrupt a good passing game with the pass rush and pretty solid secondary. Jenkins can cover anyone and is just getting better. He's not the sharpest tool in the bag though and can blow a coverage now and then. He can't be out played, but he can be tricked into a mistake.

The Rams also feature a top special teams. They are dangerous and will capitalize on any mistakes. Austin is one punt return TD away from the Rams record and he's lost at least 4 to penalties early in his NFL career.

If the Cards score 20, I'll be shocked. Same with the Rams unless it's defense and special teams.

I'm going with the Rams 27 - 17 because I think they will bring the heat on ST and D and capitalise. I think they're pissed about not winning against the Steelers when they owned that game and this is a must win. I can also see Quick, Gurley, and Mason being game changers.

After reading through that thread, it's clear that the site is the Cards equivalent to Ramstalk. The one dude literally is hoping @RamzFanz will beat his wife if the Rams lose. There's no class there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
After reading through that thread, it's clear that the site is the Cards equivalent to Ramstalk. The one dude literally is hoping @RamzFanz will beat his wife if the Rams lose. There's no class there.

There's also a poster there who chastised that individual for his ridiculous post. All in all, it's a pretty decent set of members considering their team is on a roll against a Rams team they have every right to both fear and hate.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I'll be honest, I've never found a football board other than this one with much class towards people of opposing teams. You got this thing the internet, where you can discuss football with anyone anywhere like our parents could never dream of. Aaaand most people are assholes about it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
There's also a poster there who chastised that individual for his ridiculous post. All in all, it's a pretty decent set of members considering their team is on a roll against a Rams team they have every right to both fear and hate.

Normally, I'd agree. But, it was just one troll post after another. That guy named "Catfish" actually wrote a whole short story that was a troll post and put a pretense on it that he wasn't going to troll him.

Also, the moderator just sits back and lets the guy mention @RamzFanz to beat his wife and dog without so much as a "don't go there". Yea, I'm going to stick to my guns on this one. I will now refer to that site as CardStalk.

Edit: I will concede that there are a couple good posters in there. But that's it at this point.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game is going to be interesting. I'm confident the Rams defense will play well enough to win (hold the Cardinals to 17 points on offense or less). But can the offense score? Can the offense/ST prevent the Cardinals from getting a return TD??

Then again, our defense got ran all over by Washington. If that happens in AZ we will get blown out of the building.

If our defense plays the way it should, and the offense ends every drive with a kick, I see this being a one score game.

DVontel

Rookie
This is the first real test you've faced, and we'll get a chance to see how much our young players have grown...Pretty much every team you've faced is garbage...3-0 means nothing facing garbage teams..
Palmer was hot when he was injured last year, not surprised with his skills...Guy could play since USC...Threw for 4000 in Oakland....OAKLAND!!!!!
Foles threw for 411 last time he faced you...If he's a lil more accurate, I could care less how many drops we have, he'll have a breakout game...I believe Fish (got to right?), we are just a lil ways away from making huge plays...You'll see in 2 days...Come around after...bring @Cardncub with his avatar...and that other guy...can't think of his name...
Do you think Foles is going to throw it 62 times again? With Maclin at WR?

Name
Tom
I think what this game will really boil down to is the matchups.

How does the Rams offense match up against the Cardinals defense? One of the worst rated offenses against one of the best rated defenses?

How does the Cardinals offense match up against the Rams defense? One of the best rated offenses against a top ten defense?

I think if this was the only case, the Cardinals easily win offense vs. defense, defense vs. offense. Our offense should score some points against the Ram defense, but I'm pretty confident we will crush the Rams offense. Rams: Below average WRs vs. Very good corners, Below average OL vs. Very good D Line, and below average QB vs. overall good defense.

One other concern I have that hasn't been mentioned is special teams. The Cardinals inexplicably kept punter Drew Butler (son of Kevin Butler, long time NFL placekicker) over Dave Zastudil. Against SF, he had a horrible kick that led to Hayne's big return, which set up SF's only points. Butler is good at pinning opponents deep, but he is awful as far as hang time is concerned. The Rams might get some points off of punt returns.

Name
Tom

I was thinking the same thing; Foles had SIGNIFICANTLY better weapons with the Eagles last year facing the Cardinals. Foles also had a 75.4 QB rating. He essentially blew the game against us.

I also don't think the Rams offensive coaching staff is nearly as good as Chip Kelly's group.

Name
Tom
Also this game is in Arizona. Say what you will about Arizona Cardinals fans, but UofP is one of the louder stadiums in the league.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Also this game is in Arizona. Say what you will about Arizona Cardinals fans, but UofP is one of the louder stadiums in the league.

I have no problems with the Cardinals fans that show up at games, it looks like in our last 6 games you guys have averaged about 5k more fans at UofP over the EDJ.

I will say that there are ways to combat fan noise. I don't think I need to list them though. It's nice to have a loud place when you're winning, though.

Rainram

Starter
I'm curious as to the effectiveness of the Cardinals Run Defense. They're allowing 88 yards per game, and 3.5 per clip. Good enough for rankings of 9th and 5th respectively.

I haven't watched enough of them to really piece it together. On paper I see two Rookie Nose Tackles. Perhaps one of the most important component of the Run Defense in a 3-4. Are they really holding the fort down that well? And they're not exactly huge guys. Not Vince Wilfork-esque at all. Gunter and Williams barely top 300 lbs.

They show Corey Redding (34 years old) as a DE, but I assume he rotates with Frostee Rucker (32 years old) based on passing/running situations?

I know they blitz a good amount (and I recall watching recent games coming away thinking how good/lucky they were to have brought their LBer blitzes in the spots they did - Bowles!)...but do they need those run blitzes to stop the run? Are their LBers that good, because by all accounts from what I read, their LBers are their biggest liability.

Has it been a matter of playing pass-happy New Orleans that is nearly one-dimensional by design, Chicago Bears that was half of a team with Cutler for half the game and no Jeffery (and the Bears don't have the best line themselves, and Forte still put up 4 ypc, and had over 100 total yards), and a 49er team that was so out of the game by the second quarter that it didn't matter. Carlos Hyde and Matt Forte both had 15 carries.

I guess I'm just curious as to how much the Cardinals run defense has been tested. How legitimately good they are. What they consider their strengths to be in the run game. Etc. Etc.

From our end...I'd like to see Gurley and Mason both get 20 carries this game. I think we have a much better chance of winning this game Fisher-style than we do if we try to go after a team with a very good secondary that likes to trot out 5 or 6 DBs. If ever there was a game that we need to get off the ball and establish the run game early...it's this one.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick is good receiver. I agree to this extent.

What did he do in 3+ years to call him the best receiver on this roster?

Everything he did up until the Chiefs game last year when he was injured.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Doesn't need to....He can be effective with half the attempts....

I also don't think the Rams offensive coaching staff is nearly as good as Chip Kelly's group.
I'd say equal...A wr is only as good as his QB....sure there are special individuals....difference makers....but neither team has a Dez or Julio....and Chip Kelly's offense today,looks worse than ours...