What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Tom
The Rams will bring 8 in the box.(Williams loves the big nickel with both Barron and McDonald in the box) But the thing is that they can get away with it because they play soft coverage outside and have their CBs play over the top of the WRs. Which makes it difficult to take those deep shots because you have to let the route develop.

You mind telling Jeff Fisher that good teams are supposed to beat bad teams? I think he believes that good teams only beat their division rivals. ;)

Teams that have tried this approach against the Cardinals have been burnt. Chicago tried this and John Brown blew the top of their defense to the tune of two defensive pass interference penalties for 80 yards (40ish each). I think the Cardinals will want the Rams to try this; Palmer will stand in the pocket and take the hit.

Not talking smacking, but I can see this as either a close game where we pull out the win, a loss with a Palmer injury, or another blow out win because the Rams tried, and failed, to bottle up our big plays.

Like I've said else where, this looks like the best Cardinals team I've ever seen, including the Super Bowl runner up.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Teams that have tried this approach against the Cardinals have been burnt. Chicago tried this and John Brown blew the top of their defense to the tune of two defensive pass interference penalties for 80 yards (40ish each). I think the Cardinals will want the Rams to try this; Palmer will stand in the pocket and take the hit.

Not talking smacking, but I can see this as either a close game where we pull out the win, a loss with a Palmer injury, or another blow out win because the Rams tried, and failed, to bottle up our big plays.

Like I've said else where, this looks like the best Cardinals team I've ever seen, including the Super Bowl runner up.

No offense, but the Bears are turning into a dumpster fire this year. I'm not saying Brown is a bad receiver, but it's going to be hard to hit those deep shots with Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn rushing. This game is on your offensive line, pure and simple. I'm more worried about Fitz than anyone else, because he has torn us apart.

I, personally, see this game as being close at half, with the half time adjustments winning the game. Similar to last years game. But, we don't have Austin Davis to throw the game in the toilet in the second half.

Edit: remind your Cardinal fan brethren, that Jeff Fisher has built this team to win in the division. There won't be any run away victories, barring a run on turnovers or special teams TD's.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We did it against the Steelers who have a guy far better than John Brown. Just saying. The Rams bottled up the Steelers' big plays. Because they couldn't run on us effectively. Same with Seattle. Washington had a couple big plays through the air because they could run on us.

If you want the big plays, you're going to have to run on the defense. Otherwise, they're going to sit back and smother the intermediate and long passing plays.(especially if your OL can't give Palmer ample time for these plays to develop)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No offense, but the Bears are turning into a dumpster fire this year. I'm not saying Brown is a bad receiver, but it's going to be hard to hit those deep shots with Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn rushing. This game is on your offensive line, pure and simple. I'm more worried about Fitz than anyone else, because he has torn us apart.

I, personally, see this game as being close at half, with the half time adjustments winning the game. Similar to last years game. But, we don't have Austin Davis to throw the game in the toilet in the second half.

Austin Davis was truly special at melting down in close games in the 4th quarter. :LOL:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Austin Davis was truly special at melting down in close games in the 4th quarter. :LOL:

That was a huge problem last year, in general. At least 3 wins down the shitter because of pick sixes, and tired defense. That Dallas game will haunt me forever.

Name
Tom
No offense, but the Bears are turning into a dumpster fire this year.

As are the Washington Redskins, and absolutely atrocious football team. :)

At least we faced Cutler for a half, who led a semblance of an offense for a 30 minutes.

I'm not saying Brown is a bad receiver, but it's going to be hard to hit those deep shots with Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn rushing.

Veldheer can slow Quinn down; Donald I'm a bit worried about.

This game is on your offensive line, pure and simple. I'm more worried about Fitz than anyone else, because he has torn us apart.

I think you are forgetting that long TD by John Brown last year from Drew Stanton in our 31-14 win.

If it's a game of adjustments, then Arians' squad has the edge. IMO few coaches are better at in game coaching calls and adjustments than Arians.

Edit: remind your Cardinal fan brethren, that Jeff Fisher has built this team to win in the division. There won't be any run away victories, barring a run on turnovers or special teams TD's.

Maybe so, but I believe in results.

Name
Tom
We did it against the Steelers who have a guy far better than John Brown.

We have a guy better than John Brown; his name is Larry Fitzgerald. And Mike Floyd is no slouch either. We have more available weapons than the Steelers with Martavis Bryant's suspension.

Just saying. The Rams bottled up the Steelers' big plays. Because they couldn't run on us effectively. Same with Seattle. Washington had a couple big plays through the air because they could run on us.

But you didn't bottle up the Redskins. Which team comes to play? Consistency is the hallmark of a good football team.

If you want the big plays, you're going to have to run on the defense. Otherwise, they're going to sit back and smother the intermediate and long passing plays.(especially if your OL can't give Palmer ample time for these plays to develop)

Arians playbook has a shot on every play pretty much, but the Cardinals can also effectively dink and dunk if need be. Dink and dunk the Rams to sleep, and then throw it down field.

It should be a fun game to watch.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have a guy better than John Brown; his name is Larry Fitzgerald. And Mike Floyd is no slouch either. We have more available weapons than the Steelers with Martavis Bryant's suspension.

Yea, I'm taking the Steelers weapons without Bryant over Arizona's. Antonio Brown + Le'Veon Bell + Heath Miller is a trio you guys cannot beat.

But you didn't bottle up the Redskins. Which team comes to play? Consistency is the hallmark of a good football team.

Yea, that's exactly what I said. They won the LOS and ran the ball effectively. Already explained that.

Arians playbook has a shot on every play pretty much, but the Cardinals can also effectively dink and dunk if need be. Dink and dunk the Rams to sleep, and then throw it down field.

It should be a fun game to watch.

Pittsburgh tried that too.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000539953/Rams-Janoris-Jenkins-interception-off-Steelers

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
As are the Washington Redskins, and absolutely atrocious football team. :)

At least we faced Cutler for a half, who led a semblance of an offense for a 30 minutes.

The Redskins aren't a dumpster fire at this point in the season. They are among the league leaders in a couple of team categories thus far.

I think you are forgetting that long TD by John Brown last year from Drew Stanton in our 31-14 win.

I'm not forgetting it, but one big play doesn't turn him into a Ram killer like Larry has been.

Maybe so, but I believe in results.

So you believe in splitting the 6 divisional games between us since Fisher arrived?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Interesting takes from the Card fans. I have stated on here that the Cards look as stacked as any team in recent memory to me and have obviously been very impressive thus far, although against suspect teams. If I had to, I would bet that the Cards win this game because, quite honestly, this offense is still developing. You don't change offensive coordinators, not to mention your starting QB, C, LG, RT without growing pains....you just don't. I think we win the game in Stl.....

Name
Tom
Yea, I'm taking the Steelers weapons without Bryant over Arizona's. Antonio Brown + Le'Veon Bell + Heath Miller is a trio you guys cannot beat.

We have more than a trio: Fitz/Brown/Floyd/Brown/Gresham/Fells. All have made plays; and we're not even discussing David Johnson, who looks like a dynamic threat at RB. From what NFL.com stated before last week, His 55 yard catch and run is the single fastest play of any NFL player thus far this season.

Also thrown in Chris Johnson, and this offense is stacked; and has outscored Pittsburgh by FIFTY POINTS through three games.

ram007

Starter
I envy Arizona right now for what is appearing to be a a 3rd straight season of success. If not Rams, I don't mind Cards having success over 9ers and Seahawks.

Name
Tom
The Redskins aren't a dumpster fire at this point in the season. They are among the league leaders in a couple of team categories thus far.

Well if the Cardinals get no credit for their record, then maybe I should point out that the Redskins have played two of the worst offenses in football thus far, the St. Louis Rams and Miami Dolphins. Our defense is ranked better than the Redskins though.

I'm not forgetting it, but one big play doesn't turn him into a Ram killer like Larry has been.

Fair enough.

So you believe in splitting the 6 divisional games between us since Fisher arrived?

Why pick since Fisher has arrived when Whisenhunt was still our coach and the Cardinals were awful? Why not pick when the current team leadership was installed? 3-1 against the Rams, and 1 loss in Arians first game against any team as our head coach.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Screen-Shot-2013-03-01-at-1.08.31-PM.png

Name
Tom
I envy Arizona right now for what is appearing to be a a 3rd straight season of success. If not Rams, I don't mind Cards having success over 9ers and Seahawks.

I mean, you guys should rather it be the Cardinals over the SEAHAWKS or NINERS! Those guys are tremendous d-bags. I live in Washington, and up until 2013, the 12th fan was a literal statement....there were only 12 of them! Texas A&M has called and wants their slogan back!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have more than a trio: Fitz/Brown/Floyd/Brown/Gresham/Fells. All have made plays; and we're not even discussing David Johnson, who looks like a dynamic threat at RB. From what NFL.com stated before last week, His 55 yard catch and run is the single fastest play of any NFL player thus far this season.

Also thrown in Chris Johnson, and this offense is stacked; and has outscored Pittsburgh by FIFTY POINTS through three games.

And...?

You have played one common opponent. Pittsburgh's offense scored 43 points. Your offense scored 31 points.

But if you want to do this:
Antonio Brown > Larry Fitzgerald
Markus Wheaton < John Brown
DHB < Michael Floyd
Heath Miller > Darren Fells/Jermaine Gresham
Le'Veon Bell/DeAngelo Williams > Chris Johnson/Andre Ellington/David Johnson

Pittsburgh wins.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Why pick since Fisher has arrived when Whisenhunt was still our coach and the Cardinals were awful? Why not pick when the current team leadership was installed? 3-1 against the Rams, and 1 loss in Arians first game against any team as our head coach.

I was trying to go back far enough that gave the Rams an actual starting QB. But yea, since Arians was there, you are 3-1. But we also started Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis, and Shaun Hill for 3 of those games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Which is the only game of the four where the Rams had their starting QB. So Arians is 3-0 against the Rams with backup QBs and 0-1 against the Rams with their starting QB. :LOL:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Palmer will stand in the pocket and take the hit.

Are you sure about this? I'm guessing that most Cardinals fans would want this to happen at a minimum. The man will be 36 in December and seems to be a bit on the brittle side as it is.

Two ACL tears, shoulder and rib injuries, plus the usual wear and tear that happens to all QB's would seem to indicate that against a team leading the league in sacks and known for their ferocity on defense, that a game plan similar to what the Skins pulled on the Rams would be wiser.

Get the ball out super quick with short passes and lean on the running game. In truth, I hope that Palmer takes quite a few shots deep because it increases the chance of more sacks and INT's.

Name
Tom
And...?

You have played one common opponent. Pittsburgh's offense scored 43 points. Your offense scored 31 points.
\\

Not true. We have played one common opponent, the San Francisco 49ers. We clobbered them. 47-7. And our defense didn't give up all the yards to Kaepernick either...

But if you want to do this:
Antonio Brown > Larry Fitzgerald
Markus Wheaton < John Brown
DHB < Michael Floyd
Heath Miller > Darren Fells/Jermaine Gresham
Le'Veon Bell/DeAngelo Williams > Chris Johnson/Andre Ellington/David Johnson

Pittsburgh wins.

I take our RB depth over their RB depth (not a fan of the corpse of DeAngelo Williams), and TE isn't much of a difference, Fells and Gresham have both played very well.

John Brown is significantly better than Markus Wheaton, as is Michael Floyd over DHB.