What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the Nards should rest a couple of their star players for the next 8 games so they can be nice and rested for the holiday season at home with their families.

It would take one heck of a nose dive for them to miss the playoffs. If they play .500 ball the rest of the way, they would end up with an 11-5 season which should be good enough to take the division title. The Seahawks are up and down as are the 49ers. The really sad part for the Rams this season is that had they gotten off to a better start, we would be vying with the Cardinals for the division lead, with the Seahawks and 49ers in our rear view mirror. Instead we seem to be the team that's just a perennial thorn in the side of these three teams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It would take one heck of a nose dive for them to miss the playoffs. If they play .500 ball the rest of the way, they would end up with an 11-5 season which should be good enough to take the division title. The Seahawks are up and down as are the 49ers. The really sad part for the Rams this season is that had they gotten off to a better start, we would be vying with the Cardinals for the division lead, with the Seahawks and 49ers in our rear view mirror. Instead we seem to be the team that's just a perennial thorn in the side of these three teams.
I know man. We are still in it though. I just wish the team would overlook us like their fans seem too ready to do.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I know man. We are still in it though. I just wish the team would overlook us like their fans seem too ready to do.

Actually there's very little bluster from the fans of a team that's 7-1. I'm guessing they're cautiously optimistic and perhaps nervous that something will happen to screw this all up. Sort of like Rams fans when we're ahead at half-time. ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?68548-Rams-v-Cards-Strategy-Sunday

Rams v. Cards Strategy Sunday

http://www.stltoday.com/news/multime...eb82eac8a.html

Ram's strategy versus Cardinals on Sunday is discussed by local STL sports media at the above link. I heard a whisper of optimism. Even after an earlier W versus SEA and last week's squeaker W against SF, STL still respects Arizona's powerful run Defense and ability to overcome obstacles on Offense. No doubt about that! Yet, the Rams are big and physical and are not resigned to a loss on Sunday.

The team supposedly will try to establish their 3-man running game in order to set up play action, inject a few gimmicks, use as much game time as possible, and still be hanging around in the 4th quarter. Ram's have nothing to lose and will pull out all stops to somehow get us off balance and steal another W from an NFCW opponent. A win will help the Ram's FO know its on the right track with Fischer for next year. A Loss means nothing to STL but a higher 1st draft choice.

Prediction: (Easy call) BA and TB will set the tone immediately after the coin toss. Fortune favors boldness. Psychologically, I don't see how Bruce and Todd can call the game any other way. Also, given how much this Division game means to Arizona, I don't see our D giving up any offensive TDs Sunday. Every Cardinal player seems healthier and all seem to be on the same page. Maybe we can get ahead on points far enough in the 4th quarter to see some of our backups shine.

Go Cards! Win by 20 or more Sunday.
----------
I was concerned about this game but the more I look into it the better I feel. STL according to PFF has the 26th worst DVOA in offense, and ranked 30th in Defense.....

Bruce Arians said that the last 3 weeks (this week included) have been the best he has ever seen in his 40 years of coaching. If you look at our red zone efficiency leading up to those 3 weeks it was ranked dead last. During those 3 weeks it is ranked 2nd, bringing us up 10 spots over the course of the season.

If our offense can continue to improve, then our defense should improve too. Yes the Rams are big and physical. However, they are down a lot more players than we are, using a backup qb, and have the lesser coaches all while playing on the road. I'd have to say we win this by 10 at this point. Our team is disciplined.

The Rams had zero offense last week, and played a very dysfunctional 49ers team. Yes, they have proven they can win any week. But I think this is their tallest task to date, and they are going to come up a little short... When we play them in STL it may be a different story though.
----------
The only aspect of the Rams that concerns me is their potential for getting to the QB. I expect it to happen, but have no fear of Palmer getting skittish or rattled by it. Just hope he stays healthy. Other than that I think our running game, passing game, defense and coaching are superior. Plus we are at home.
---------
Their offense doesn't concern me all that much. It's their D, particularly the D-line that scares the Bejeezus out of me. I don't like the thought that they got to krapernick 8 times last week.
---------
I read a lot over on the 49ers forums because.... Their tears taste the best. They actually broke down the sacks frame by frame... A lot of really educated posters over there that you find if you sift through the bad ones. (there are plenty)

Kap had opportunities, wide open receivers. The 8 sacks is an anomaly. Sure they might get 2-3 at most against us... But like us they were lacking in the sack department over the season... Kap just kept making bad decisions and looking at the rush instead of the receivers. His offense constantly put him in bad situations with multiple untimely penalties.
----------
No doubt the Rams are their worst enemy…..but dude…..really? Also disagree with your "lesser coaches" assessment. Rams still have the youngest team in the NFL which means inexperience not bad coaches.
----------
Thats classic! Kaepernick was done in by a 4 man pass rush and on obvious passing downs his WRs were covered well. He had to throw the ball away numerous times to avoid sacks as well. CP had better have his running shoes on.
---------
No doubt I respect your team, and Jeff is an aggressive coach which I love. You have to play to win and he gets that. I think your defensive line has the depth that all teams envy. Players going down, and having players step in and really perform... However, DVOA which I put some faith into shows that the Rams are 26th on Offense and 30th on Defense.

In saying that I think the Defense is finally gelling, and I think they will continue to improve as they have been. But the 49ers have one of the worst offenses in the league statistically. IN PPG, red zone percentage, etc. Their offensive line hasn't been impressive, and Kap has been the third best or worst QB in the division. I believe our offense is more dynamic....

The Rams have only scored 149 points this year. 18.62 PPG while giving up 220 points, 31.43 PPG.... As compared to the Cardinals at 192 points (+43) 24 points per game. While only allowing 156 points (+64 points) at 19.5ppg for a differential of 107 net points better... That's huge! Austin Davis can't put up the same performance he did last week and expect to win.

13/24 105yds 54.2% 1TD 2 INT 44.6 rating....

I understand the teams excitement, but the Cardinals like the Rams are suppose to be good every year for as long as I can remember. As long as we are not mathmatically eliminated I always believe we are going to make it. Like I said, I think your team has a bright future but unfortunately today is not the future. That team is stacked for years to come.. You guys had some really unfortunate things happen with injuries that in a way have derailed the season to this point..... But this Sunday I dont think they win... Maybe when we play you at home... But I just dont see it this Sunday.

This game that we all love is based on such thin margins. The difference between a great team, and a losing team is minimal because every player is talented. One of the best 53 in the world perhaps at their position. It's a game of inches, and your Super Bowl against Tennessee showed that! I just think, the small advantages we have give us that inch we need this week to win the game. It is nothing against the Rams, I like them. In fact the only team I hate in the division is the 49ers. I just think there is too much going on with injuries, and an inexperienced QB...
----------
yeah sure. dont compare the Cards to San Fran. If we lose to you all Sunday at home, divisional game or not, we don't deserve anything. straight up.

it seems to me y'all only play well inside the division and lay a goose egg outside. have to change that attitude. besides, everyone is bragging on how you all sacked kaep 8 times, yet kaep has been sacked the most in the league and was tied for 6th i believe in getting sacked coming into that game.
----------
Schotty and Fisher are terrible. They really are. ARI has a huge edge over them in that area.

The best thing that happened is STL beat SF, that prevents the team overlooking them. We are at Home, this is a perfect scenario to bag our 8th Win.

Coaching - Us
QB - Us
RB - Us
WR - Us

DL - I'll be generous - Them
LB - Tie
CB - Us

K - Us
P - Them

Us losing means we played down to the Rams, and I just don't see this team doing that, right now.
----------
You gave K to us?? Really? they got Zuerlein, who I believe has an atomic leg.
----------
I agreed but San Fran to me, overlooked the Rams looking toward the Saints. I'm glad the Rams won because of what you said. They have our attention. The Cards know we missed the playoffs by 1 game last year and this game will tell us a lot about us. Divisional games are important. Our D will have to force turnovers though to give our O some short field.

It's tough driving the ball on the Rams especially if they get pressure. But San Fran's offense been anemic all year long so I wouldn't beat my chest about holding them to 10 points. I love our 2nd half adjustments. A 7 point or more lead at the half, ill breathe or any lead in the game.
---------
We can handle their offense, so I am not worried about that. But we need better performance out of our offense, Rams D not to be taken lightly they have been tough over the last two years, regardless of what the stats say. They have a problem that we have had - lack of offense puts pressure on their D. We have to cut down on penalties, missed blocks, and improve pass protection.

Two things can help us against a strong pass rush on passing downs, better Oline pass protection and TE production to allow quick passes. We haven't had good TE production this year, Carlson seems to be the weak link. I would not be surprised to see BA go after a TE in early rounds next year unless the TE situation improves.

I don't know how Niklas fits in but he seems to be built for blocking rather than catching. If we can slow down or contain their pass rush our receiving corps and Palmer will give them all they can handle, providing we don't start dropping the ball.

Arizona Cardinals vs. St. Louis Rams scouting report
Kent Somers, azcentral sports

Kent Somers previews and predicts Sunday's NFC West game between the Arizona Cardinals and St. Louis Rams at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. The 2:25 p.m. game is on FOX.

Up next for Arizona Cardinals: Take a look at the St. Louis Rams

Cardinals first and foremost

Don't let the Rams take a significant lead early. It's true that the Rams have blown those leads this year, and also that the Cardinals are a come-from-behind team. But at some point, falling behind early is going to cost the Cardinals a game. They would be much better served to play well early, take a lead and win comfortably for a change. The Rams (3-5) are more dangerous than their record indicates.

Cardinals key statistic

45.4 – That's the percent of time the Cardinals have converted on third-down this season. It's risen steadily over the last four games, from 40 percent. In two of their last three games, the Cardinals have converted on third down 60 percent of the time. Last week, all four of their touchdowns came on third down.

Cardinals key player

LT Jared Veldheer - He will be matched up against defensive end Robert Quinn for most of the game. Quinn has six sacks against Arizona over the last two years, and has six sacks in his last three games this season. Veldheer has played well this season but he will be tested Sunday.

Cardinals injury report

RB Stepfan Taylor (calf), out; LB Lorenzo Alexander (knee), linebacker Marcus Benard (ill), T Bobbie Massie (knee/ankle), RB Andre Ellington (foot), LB Larry Foote (back).

Rams first and foremost

Pass the ball efficiently. The Cardinals run defense is stout so it's doubtful if the Rams are going to gain much in that area. That puts pressure on quarterback Austin Davis and the passing game to be efficient. Davis has to stay in the pocket longer than he has lately and be willing to check down. The Cardinals have trouble pressuring quarterbacks, so unless that changes, Davis needs to exercise patience.

Rams key statistic

13 - That's the number of points the Rams have scored in third quarters this season. It's a reflection of big leads the Rams have blown. The Cardinals tend to play better in the second half than the first, so it could be a case of clashing trends.

Rams key player

Defensive end Robert Quinn - He could do a considerable amount of damage to the Cardinals offense, which was inconsistent through the first half of the season. Quinn has six sacks in the last three games. If he gets to Carson Palmer consistently, the Cardinals will be in trouble.

Rams injury report

LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar (toe), CBE.J. Gaines (knee), TE Cory Harkey (knee), DE William Hayes (fibula), CB Janoris Jenkins (knee), S Rodney McLeod (knee)k, CB Marcus Roberson (ankle), S Cody Davis (concussion).

Cardinals on offense

Their pass protection, which has held up all year, will face its stiffest test in weeks. The Rams had only one sack in the first five games, but that's changed over the past month. Defensive end Robert Quinn has six in the past three games, so left tackle Jared Veldheer will be challenged. Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald is a disruptive force in the middle, and the inside of the Cardinals offensive line is coming off an average performance.

If the Cardinals can protect Palmer, he should be able to find receivers. Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins (knee) isn't expected to play, so rookie E.J. Gaines will get another start. The Rams have given up some easy touchdowns through the air this season. To say the Cardinals are struggling to catch the ball is an understatement. They had five drops last week.

Edge: Cardinals

Rams on offense

Quarterback Austin Davis, a third teamer to start the season, has returned to Earth recently after an impressive start to the season. Playing good defenses had something to do that. The Rams played Seattle, Kansas City and San Francisco the past three weeks. Davis is tough and throws a nice deep ball. He's been skittish in the pocket of late, so the Cardinals need to put pressure on him. The Rams' receiving corps took a hit with the season-ending injury to Brian Quick.

Pressuring quarterbacks has not been the Cardinals' strength this season, however. They have only eight sacks. The Rams lost left tackle Jake Long for the season so rookie Greg Robinson, the second overall pick, has moved into that spot. Against an inexperienced quarterback, the Cardinals should be able to force turnovers. That's a category they have won nearly week this year.

Edge: Cardinals

Special teams

The Rams are solid in all phases. Kicker Greg Zuerlein has s strong leg and is a threat from 60 yards in. Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey are dangerous returners, and punter Johnny Hekker has a net average of 41.1 yards. Cardinals kicker Chandler Catanzaro hasn't missed a field-goal try in 16 attempts, and his kickoffs have been deep. The Cardinals' biggest weakness now is covering punts. Opponents have had decent returns over the past three weeks.

Edge: Rams.

Bottom line

The Cardinals (7-1) know nothing comes easy against the Rams (3-5), as tough and as nasty as any team in the NFL. The key will be controlling the Rams early in the game. The Rams have a tendency to jump out to big leads, only to lose them, or barely hang on. If the Cardinals continue with slow starts, it's going to cost them a game they should win. This could be it.

Prediction: Cardinals 23, Rams 17.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
WOW, some serious homerism over there. Somebody said they give the RB edge to Arizona. Oh, Really? Ellington is seriously hampered with a torn tendon in his foot while we have the 3 headed monster in Mason, Stacy, and Cunningham. They can't be serious there. Also, the post above gives the Cards the advantage over our defense. Huh?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
WOW, some serious homerism over there. Somebody said they give the RB edge to Arizona. Oh, Really? Ellington is seriously hampered with a torn tendon in his foot while we have the 3 headed monster in Mason, Stacy, and Cunningham. They can't be serious there. Also, the post above gives the Cards the advantage over our defense. Huh?
Has weed been legalized in AZ? I was not aware of that...

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Schotty has to get back to his roots this game (the ones we've hated). short quick passes, screens. pound the ball but be creative and let Mason bounce outside with his speed. the line sucks and he's gotta keep Davis from getting skittish and blowing the game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think it's a stretch. It's very arguable. However, claiming that they're being generous by giving us the DL is a joke.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Actually there's very little bluster from the fans of a team that's 7-1. I'm guessing they're cautiously optimistic and perhaps nervous that something will happen to screw this all up. Sort of like Rams fans when we're ahead at half-time. ;)
LOL, sad but true that getting off to a fast start has been an omen of doom for this team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't blame the Cards Fans for being a little 'Cocky', what with their Team being 7-1, and all, But They haven't gone up against a D as good as ours yet, IMHO, so we'll see what happens Sunday! And to answer one of their posters "YES It is entirely possible the Rams will get 5 Sacks on Palmer, IF he lasts that long in the game! :D

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't think it's a stretch. It's very arguable. However, claiming that they're being generous by giving us the DL is a joke.

Agreed, I just noticed the part where he was being "generous" by giving us the d-line. What a joke. I do, however, think it is a stretch to say they have the edge at running back as we have WAY more depth there and we're talking about quality depth. As far as their offense having the clear advantage over our defense? Nope, not buying it. I get the part about their defense having the advantage over our offense, no argument there.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Some of those Cards fan's statements just reek of a "never been here before" vibe. Any Ram or Cardinal fan over the age of 12 should know better than to talk any smack before a game. Other than the Jim Hart Cards in the 70's and a brief 2 year span with KW, the Cards have been known for disappointing badly just when hopes are high. I would caution them to not put all the smack talk eggs in 2014's basket as this isn't the best 7-1 team I've ever seen. It's a product of the rest of the NFC's slow start and some good coaching. But there is still half of a season to go, and the talent level of their players isn't actually better than any other team in the NFC West. Their home field advantage isn't exactly scary in Nov. either.

So, while I've seen enough Rams games to know better than bold proclamations, I'm quietly optimistic that some Cards fans may be startled come Sunday evening.

Cardncub

Rookie
First off, Arizona is not a great team despite what most of their fans think. Like I and a few other people have said, this Arizona team is one of the worst 7-1 teams I can remember seeing. How arrogant is the douche in saying they should rest players and his belief that Stanton can beat the Rams? No, Stanton can not beat the Rams and all he can do is not lose the game for Arizona. Comments like this make me want to troll other teams' message boards after a Rams win (I always refrain, lol).

Lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showt...o-set-the-record-straight-about-the-2014-Rams

Rams fan here to give props and to set the record straight about the 2014 Rams

RamsFan - Tell it to Goodell since Williams served his suspension. Officials calling phantom penalties against his defense has been too common this season so he's still paying for it. However GW will bring the heat of that you can be assured.
---------
We are 14th in scoring avg per game while the Rams are 28th. On defense we are 5th in least points allowed and the Rams are 27th. We've had an arguably tougher schedule. We are finally healthy at important starting positions like Palmer and Ellington and CC and HB. We are at home. We wont look past them or take them lightly. We are good.
---------
SF o-lne is third worst regarding sacks, AZ sixth best.
---------
I saw on ESPN that

Stafford and Davis have been sacked 2 and 4th most in the league. Is the Rams oline that bad?
---------
RamsFan - Rams O line is generally in a decimated condition.
sad.gif

--------
Rams are a team the Cardinals should beat. Good teams don't overlook the opposition. I'll be honest, I'm shocked the Cards won the last two games. If the cards are who we think they are... they won't let the Rams off the hook.
---------
Cant underestimate home field advantage either.. Cards are real good at home since Arians took over.
--------
That is true.. but I don't think they have been in the position of being the favorite "against most teams" ever. With that comes some issues that they are not used to dealing with. One which is something that I think BA is warning them about daily.... Overconfidence... reading the positive press.
--------
I don't no why but I just don't get most opposing "week" team fans. It drives me nuts. "Especially after they have run out of football information to talk about". I don't get hanging around for some of them two weeks. They seem to stay longer if they lose. Now if they're here all the time talking football most of the year I get it. Just football people.

Tell us why your team is this and that and the same about ours and move on. I can see a day or two before the game and one after if they're having a good back and forth going on with people. After that I don't get it.

I know it's welcome here and I'm off on this one. I don't do it and just don't get it.
----------
Yeah dude when they post the entire week it does get you thinking, I dont get it I have never gone to another teams message board to post.
---------
There's an old saying: "If everybody thinks alike there isn't much thinking going on."

I always appreciate posters from other teams, provided they are respectful.
---------
For me it's like that person you never see eye to eye with on things. It's fun to debate for a short time then it's just banging your head into a wall. I have never seen anyone have their minds changed even if one side got it all right. I like the ones more that just talk trash and run. The come backs after the game needs to be in and out of here.

Why they or us were wrong. Or our team or theirs is still this or that IMO is mind numbing. I guess I just need to lean to skip it. But it's like a train wreck I just can't help but look.
---------
RamsFan - Well IMO you should do it. No better place to get information from talking heads to the team to the fan base. I've been around here since 2003 to varying degrees. This season I suspected good things from BA and crew and when in AZ this spring signed up again. Checked in most every week too and of course this week posted more because of the upcoming game.

And I'm pretty easy going, heck I even accept your post as a permanent invitation to post on wide ranging topics as AZ Cardinals football and Rams info of interest as well as things pertaining to the NFC West and of course St. Louis Big Red history.
thumbsup.gif

---------
RamsFan - So many unfamiliar names here now though still a few from the Jake the Snake days. No worries about busting cajones here as its all in good fun. I was a fan from '68 until they left in early '88. Sure wish I kept the bobble heads from back then. After watching Wehrli play its difficult to stomach the mouth of the likes of Richard Sherman. Still can't believe the arm Hart had or the versatility of Metcalf, the speed of Green, route running of Tilley, the impenetrable O line, hands of Gray, accuracy of Bakken and the heart of Stallings, Wilson and Mitchell.

Very impressed with the running of the franchise since Michael took over and the team trajectory is definitely up. Other than the two additional losses from the Rams a 13-3 record should win the division and I hope this is your year to win it all.
----------
There's no way I'm taking the Rams lightly. I wish we had their talent in our front 4. They're getting more pressure with 4 than we can get with 7.

It seems that a few of you have forgotten where we were just 3 years ago -- trash talking opposing fans isn't the best course of action, considering we've been a 4-5 win team for a majority of our franchise. Some of you sound like you've just hopped on the Cardinals bandwagon.
----------
You never take any NFL team lightly and BA and the Cardinals wont. They're hot and know what this game means no matter how bad the Rams are. That does not mean we as fans can't look at this game and say it should be a win for us. I will just come right out and say it. We will win Sunday. Plus it's not called acting like a "bandwagon" fan at all. It's called being happy we have a good team and coaching staff we can believe in.

Plus the Rams stink. They're 3 and 5 with weird plays saving a game or two. We have played better football with better players this week wont be any different. Their front four has some players out. They're not doing much better than us in sacks with 14, 23rd.

It will be close at first. I do like that fact the Rams play hard. We are at home with a better team knowing they have a lot to play for and this year to date is staking up for them. As the game goes on we pull away and spank the Rams.

Next team please......................
----------
If the O-Line protects against that pass rush Cardinals win!! O-line will be tested for sure not just from the left side but the entire o-line will have to have a flawless game! Lets Go Cardinals!! 8-0 starts at 2:00 on Sunday!
---------
Why? They have 14 total sacks on the year and got 8 last week. Is that the norm or did SF have a bad day? That's 6 in 7 games before that. They're a bad team and this game will turn out to be a walk in the park.
----------
It's not 6 in 5 games it's 6 in 7 games. SF played like trash all over the filed and still should have won. It's never 100% in the NFL but it's IMO a close as an NFL game can be. Even at only 3 and 5 they're smoke and mirrors.
----------
Inter-divisional games are Always Tough Games, always expect a dog fight. The Team is more aware of this than we the fans are. It would be a major upset if the Rams win, but not a back breaking one at this point in time, imho. Still I do Not expect the Team to fold at home, No Way!

I predict a Team win and hope and pray for No injuries for either team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Living in the past Mojo?
Nope, just posting a fact. Someone brought it up. You guys were feeling pretty good about yourselves and your shiny new QB going into that game. Our D sent the Cards on a reality check and subsequent tailspin after that night.