What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
"I don't see our D giving up any offensive TDs Sunday."

OMG! I wish their coaches thought that!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The kiss of death?

Brian Billick: Cardinals Are Legit

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/brian-billick-cardinals-are-legit-214659.html

Don't know if anyone posted this yet but ran into this this morning:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...riters_billick

According to Billick, the reason why we have a real shot is based on balance, a prime secondary, swagger, a manageable schedule, and experience at the top. It's an interesting read.
----------
I do appreciate Billick's comments. He may get names wrong but of all the guys announcing a game he has always made very good football comments on schemes and the players and I always learn something from him... though, I could teach him some names lol
---------
It's ridiculous to complain that we get no props, then when we do to say he's an idiot. If he were saying we sucked and we're pretenders, it would be the same arguments against him. That's Cardinal fan syndrome.
---------
They're tied for ninth in red-zone defense and rank second in turnover differential (plus-10). Offensively, they're fifth in third-down conversion rate and have yielded just 13 sacks (the fifth-lowest total in football). In short, Arizona's a smart, opportunistic team that doesn't make a lot of mistakes.
---------
I love it because he gave a REAL persepective from someone who knows exactly what it takes to win a Superbowl. People should be even more excited about his opinion, since so many members of this board seem to think Palmer is "mediocre" well, you dont get much more mediocre than Dilfer and Billick's team won it all with him.

I just love the points he made about points allowed and 3rd down conversions, etc. I've heard a bunch of idiots nationally this week who obviously haven't watched a single cardinals game try to go all Sabermetrics on us and say; Oh this team isn't good cuz their passing defense is ranked here... And this statistic and that statistic so yeah, they suck.

Billick is saying, here are the stats that actually matter when it comes to winning a football game. 3rd down conversions, turnover ratio, points allowed, and in all those categories the Cards are stellar. Or how bout the most important stat: 7-1 and it's funny that everyone will make Romoexcuses for the cowboys but people tend to forget that our only loss this season came on the road, in DENVER, with our 3rd string rookie QB at the helm.

It was real talk from someone who is not just a talking head stats nerd who's never touched a football.

For all of the complaining we do about the Oline I guess it can't be that bad.
-----------
Apparently Billick talks from both sides of his mouth.

I just saw a clip yesterday on NFL.com(can remember the name of the guy interviewing him) where he said (several times) "These are, after all, the Cardinals. People are waiting for the other shoe to drop."

Seriously? And in a different clip he praises them?
rockthrow.gif

---------
2014 NFL picks against the spread: Week 10 with trends
http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...-10-with-trends-gambling-vegas-betting-wagers

It is Saturday, which means making selections against the Vegas spread. Week 9 wasn't my best week. I went 4-9. Yuck. That took me to 67-66-1 on the year -- very meh.

I correctly picked the Browns to cover on Thursday night, although I was incorrect in my straight up selection.

Here are my picks for this week.

Chiefs (-2) at Bills: What to make of the Bills? It doesn't matter. Alex Smith is playing great football. I like the Chiefs for the cover here. KC -2.

Dolphins at Lions (-2.5): These are very hot teams and the Lions get Calvin Johnson back. Too bad they are without Nick Fairley. I've got the home team here. The Lions' defense is very good. Lions -2.5

49ers at Saints (-5): The Niners could drop under .500 with a loss. New Orleans plays so well at home. San Fran doesn't know what it is anymore. They aren't good offensively and they are missing too many of their defensive stars. The woes continue for Jim Harbaugh. Saints -5.

Steelers (-5) at Jets: Ben Roethlisberger has 12 TDs in two games. The Jets have young corners. This will be fun. This is a lock for me. Steelers -5.

Falcons (-2.5) at Buccaneers: Well, the Falcons are awful on the road. The Bucs were embarrassed on Thursday Night Football in Atlanta early this year. Josh McCown returns to the starting lineup. Revenge is on Tampa's side (and the fact Atlanta is no good outside of Georgia). Bucs +2.5.

Cowboys (-7.5) at Jaguars (in London): Tony Romo comes back, but it is about DeMarco Murray. He will want to start a new 100-yard streak. I've got the Romos here. Cowboys -7.5.

Titans at Ravens (-9.5): I don't think the Titans will win, but I don't like the spread. I;m not eating almost 10 points. Titans +9.5.

Broncos (-11.5) at Raiders: I thought Oakland would get killed by theSeahawks in Seattle. They didn't. Now they come home to play a division foe. They are normally tough games. But Peyton Manning was embarrassed in Foxboro. Poor Oakland. It will be ugly. Broncos -11.5.

Rams at Cardinals (-7.0): The Rams are so hard to get a read on, but Arizona is all business. They play well defensively, so St. Louis won't be able to do much. This will be Arizona's first blowout of the year. Cards -7.

Giants at Seahawks (-9): This is a big spread -- way too big. Seattle barely beat Oakland at home. Giants are better. I fully expect the Seahawks to win the game, but I would put my money on the Giants and take the points because Seattle's defense just isn't what it was a year ago.Giants +9.

Bears at Packers (-7): Sorry, Bears fans. Your defense isn't good enough to stop Aaron Rodgers at in Lambeau. Packers -7.

Panthers at Eagles (-6.5): It will be Mark Sanchez at QB for Philly. Cam Newton is coming off not so great a start. Carolina is still very physical so I expect a tight matchup. Panthers +6.5.

Here are some trends to help you out with your wagers, from Oddsshark.

Week 10 Trends (include regular season and playoffs)

Notable:

· Browns 0-17 SU last 17 divisional road games

· Saints 24-5-1 ATS last 30 games as home favorites

· Broncos 8-1 ATS last 9 divisional road games

· Packers 7-0-1 ATS last 8 games after bye week

· Packers 9-2 ATS last 11 home games vs. NFC North

· Carolina has been an underdog the past two times on MNF, won outright both times (last year at home to Pats, in 2012 at Philly)

Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals, -7

· Browns 0-17 SU last 17 road games vs. AFC North

· Bengals 12-2-1 ATS last 15 home games

· OVER 5-1 in last 6 meetings

Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills, +1

· Chiefs 3-11 ATS last 14 meetings with Bills (1-6 ATS last 7)

· Chiefs 6-1 ATS last 7 games as road favorites

· Bills 8-3 ATS last 11 games as home underdogs

· Bills 8-3 ATS last 11 home games after bye week

Miami Dolphins at Detroit Lions, -2.5

· Dolphins 5-1 SU last 6 meetings with Lions

· Lions 7-3 ATS last 10 games after bye week

· Lions 3-7 ATS last 10 games as home favorites

Dallas Cowboys vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, OFF (Tony Romo status)

· Cowboys 1-5 ATS last 6 games before bye week

· Cowboys 1-3 SU & ATS last 4 meetings with Jaguars

· Jaguars 1-4 ATS last 5 games before bye week

San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints, -5

· 49ers 3-0-1 ATS last 4 meetings with Saints

· 49ers 1-4-1 ATS last 6 games as road underdogs

· Saints 6-1-1 ATS last 8 home games vs. NFC West

· Saints 24-5-1 ATS last 30 games as home favorites

Tennessee Titans at Baltimore Ravens, -10.5

· Titans 5-1 ATS last 6 meetings with Ravens

· Ravens 3-6 ATS last 9 games before bye week

· UNDER 7-1-1 in last 9 meetings

· Ravens 1-8 ATS past nine as double-digit chalk

Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Jets, +4.5

· Steelers 3-0 SU & ATS last 3 meetings with Jets

· Steelers 3-8 ATS last 11 games as road favorites

· Jets 6-2 ATS last 8 games before bye week

· UNDER 11-3 in last 14 meetings

Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, EVEN

· Falcons 0-6-1 ATS last 7 road games vs. NFC South

· Falcons 5-0 SU last 5 games after bye week

· Buccaneers 3-8 ATS last 11 games

Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders, +12.5

· Broncos 8-1 ATS last 9 road games vs. AFC West

· Broncos 4-1 ATS last 5 meetings with Raiders

· Broncos 3-8 ATS last 11 games as double-digit road favorites (2-0 ATS last 2, both at Raiders)

· Raiders 1-5 ATS last 6 games as home underdogs

· Raiders 3-7 ATS last 10 home games vs. AFC West

St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals, -8

· Rams 4-9 ATS last 13 meetings with Cardinals

· Cardinals 6-1 ATS last 7 games

· UNDER 9-3 in last 12 meetings

· UNDER 6-1 in St. Louis' last 7 games as road underdog

New York Giants at Seattle Seahawks, -10.5

· Giants 6-1 ATS last 7 road games vs. NFC West

· Seahawks 0-4 ATS last 4 games

· Seahawks 5-10-1 ATS last 16 home games vs. NFC East

Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers, -8

· Bears 3-11 ATS last 14 meetings with Packers (1-7 ATS last 8)

· Bears 5-12 ATS last 17 road games vs. NFC North (1-5 ATS last 6)

· Bears 8-3-1 ATS last 11 road games after bye week

· Packers 7-0-1 ATS last 8 games after bye week

· Packers 9-2 ATS last 11 home games vs. NFC North

· Packers 10-3-1 ATS last 14 games as home favorites

· UNDER 5-1 in last 6 meetings at Green Bay

Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles, -7

· Panthers 9-3 ATS last 12 games as road underdogs

· Panthers 1-3 SU & ATS last 4 meetings with Eagles

· Eagles 0-3 SU & ATS last 3 home games vs. NFC South

· Eagles 6-2-1 ATS last 9 games as home favorites

· Carolina has been underdog past two times on MNF, won outright both times (last year at home to Pats, in 2012 at Philly)
-------------
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/11/7/7173353/rams-cardinals-preview

Rams-Cardinals: Q&A with Revenge of the Birds
By 3k@3k_ on Nov 7 2014

20140118_mjr_su5_309.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Getting the inside info from Jess Root of Revenge of the Birds, the SB Nation community for fans of the Arizona Cardinals.

If the Rams have a sliver of hope of getting into the playoff race, it requires a win in Phoenix. No pressure.

So to get some info from the Cardinals' side of things, I linked up with Jess Root from Revenge of the Birds, SB Nation's community for fans of the Cardinals.

So 7-1...this must've been a fun ride to the midpoint of the season. How have you guys pulled off that record? What are the major factors that are making sure you guys get wins out of the close battles that you might have dropped in years past?

Well, the Cardinals just aren't turning the ball over. Carson Palmer through eight games in 2013 had 10 TDs and 14 INTs. This season he has 11 TDs and 2 INTs. They are taking the ball away from other teams and making them one-dimensional. Palmer is the best in the NFL in third down passing. The team is so good in the fourth quarter.

The offense doesn't seem to be overwhelming. You guys are tied for 14th in scoring, 16th in passing yards and 28th in rushing yards. Is there concern that the lack of production is going to catch up with you or do the traditional stats not convey something more positive about the O?

Again, it is taking care of the football and converting third downs. Andre Ellington makes the offense clock because of the threat he is in the backfield and out of it in the passing game. The offense should be better and is expected to be better. There were thr three games with the backup. The receivers and tight ends have dropped a ton of passes. One of these games, we are expecting a breakout game.

So defensively, you guys are shutting down opponent's running game with aplomb. Last week's win over the Cowboys is a prime example of that. How have you guys found improved success in rushing defense? Is that forcing teams to get more desperate in the passing game or how else would you characterize the effect it's having on opposing offenses overall?

The success is a mix of talent, trust and scheme. Todd Bowles puts guys in positions they can be successful. Then the mix of veteran and young players all trust one another, so you don't get many missed assignments up front.As a result, teams have to pass. Then the Cardinals like taking the ball away. That is why the passing defense looks so bad -- teams pass against them. Plus, without much pass rush, they can have plays made.

With Carson Palmer having missed a couple of games already and Larry Fitzgerald seemingly in the closing chapter of his career (to say nothing of the other 30+ year olds in key spots on the team), is there any concern that this might be a one-shot deal for you guys? Is the youth standing out to a degree that there's legitimate hopes of extending the early 2014 success into a multi-year run?

The Cardinals have a good mix of young and veteran. But the belief is that Palmer could play another two-three years. As long as he is solid, they can contend. With guys like Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu, Michael Floyd and Andre Ellington, they are well setup. As for Fitz, it is very likely he will end up off the team.

And kind of building on that, what are the expectations? Coming off of Whisenhunt's last year as head coach with the 5-11 record, things didn't exactly look stellar. But last year's 10-6 final showing and this year's 7-1 mark have to have changed the fans' feelings toward the trajectory of this team. Is making the playoffs enough to satisfy the fan base given the last 24 games? Is the bar being set too high for you?

Well, after a 7-1 start, expectations should be higher. The expectations coming into this season were to compete in the division and hopefully get into the postseason, knowing the division would be tough. There was talk within the team of the goal to play in the Super Bowl at home, but no one really believed that among the fans. It was nice, but more of the absolute best case scenario. Well, that apparently was something that could happen.

The bar isn't set too high. The sky is the limit for this team. They play smart, they play physical. Will it happen? It will depend on how they play in the division, in my opinion. But once the postseason comes around, this defense will be tough for anyone to face. Thanks to Jess for the time.

Rambition

Rookie
cardinals will be in no shape to "protect the nest" once sack city drops the hammer...
Cardinal.jpg