What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Actually there's very little bluster from the fans of a team that's 7-1. I'm guessing they're cautiously optimistic and perhaps nervous that something will happen to screw this all up. Sort of like Rams fans when we're ahead at half-time. ;)
It was about 15 years ago, but yeah, I remember that feeling.

jap

Legend
I can't blame the Cards Fans for being a little 'Cocky', what with their Team being 7-1, and all, But They haven't gone up against a D as good as ours yet, IMHO, so we'll see what happens Sunday! And to answer one of their posters "YES It is entirely possible the Rams will get 5 Sacks on Palmer, IF he lasts that long in the game! :D

Hell! The Mighty One can get five all by himself!!!

Cardncub

Rookie
Nope, just posting a fact. Someone brought it up. You guys were feeling pretty good about yourselves and your shiny new QB going into that game. Our D sent the Cards on a reality check and subsequent tailspin after that night.
I never felt good about Kolb. :)

Cardncub

Rookie
WOW, some serious homerism over there. Somebody said they give the RB edge to Arizona. Oh, Really? Ellington is seriously hampered with a torn tendon in his foot while we have the 3 headed monster in Mason, Stacy, and Cunningham. They can't be serious there. Also, the post above gives the Cards the advantage over our defense. Huh?

19.5 points per game allowed vs 27.5 points per game. Guess who is lower.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
You do realize those stats aren't all defense, don't you? That's total points scored against the TEAM per game, which includes pick sixes and returns for tourchdowns. Don't believe me, then go add up all the Rams' opponents total scores from every game and divide the total by 8, which will give you 27.5. Since I watch WAY more Rams football than you, I know for a fact that our defense does not give up 27.5 points per game. Also, the post I was referring to gave the Cardinals offense the advantage over the Rams defense, which is bull. Go ahead and rely on those stats if you want, but the fact of the matter is our defense always come together later in the season and they have begun to catch fire. Your offense is nothing spectacular and your o line is weak up the middle and I expect Aaron Donald to rape your guards. Again, the Cards offense has the advantage over our defense. Huh? This Rams defense has actually given up 22.25 points per game. Again, that's DEFENSE, not total team points per game allowed.

Rams Offense Rankings: Rush [22], Pass [25], Overall [28]
Cardinals Offense Rankings: Rush [28], Pass [16], Overall [23]
Rams Defense Rankings: Rush [29], Pass [8], Overall [17]
Cardinals Defense Rankings: Rush [3], Pass [32], Overall [19]

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You do realize those stats aren't all defense, don't you? That's total points scored against the TEAM per game, which includes pick sixes and returns for tourchdowns. Don't believe me, then go add up all the Rams' opponents total scores from every game and divide the total by 8, which will give you 27.5. Since I watch WAY more Rams football than you, I know for a fact that our defense does not give up 27.5 points per game. Also, the post I was referring to gave the Cardinals offense the advantage over the Rams defense, which is bull. Go ahead and rely on those stats if you want, but the fact of the matter is our defense always come together later in the season and they have begun to catch fire. Your offense is nothing spectacular and your o line is weak up the middle and I expect Aaron Donald to rape your guards. Again, the Cards offense has the advantage over our defense. Huh? This Rams defense has actually given up 22.25 points per game. Again, that's DEFENSE, not total team points per game allowed.

I was about to get on my horse before I read this. Well done...

…..

Legend

I think its pretty cool we can get so passionate over two pedestrian teams that reek of medicocrity.

The only difference I see is one team has figured out how to win, while the other squeeks out a victory now and then and does just enough to prevent public lynchings.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=556912

Cards vs. Rams; Game Thread: Its Only The Rams... right?

first thought: the Rams have silently assassinated both the Niners and Seahawks, it was sort of obvious that those two teams have slept on the Rams and paid the price. but how dangerous are the Rams exactly? are they good enough to beat the Seahawks or Niners in a full-preparation playoff game?
----------
I fully expect Ted Larsen to get manhandled. Time to throw Coop into the fire!
---------
Good point. Aaron Donald is going to wreak havoc all game long. Doesn't matter which interior OL he lines up against either.

Have heard mixed things about Robert Quinn this year. Still should be an exciting matchup between him and Veldheer.

Fully expect our defense to severely limit what the Rams can do offensively, though.
----------
Didn't start the year off well but has been held a lot. Has 6 sacks in the last 3 games though.(0 in the first 5)
----------
Yea, sure. The 49ers coming off a bye week just spent their time napping rather than preparing.

So did 7 teams sleep on the Cardinals this year or did your wins come with full preparation?
icon_lol.gif

I'm not about to say the Rams are good but with a competent QB, they would have blown out the 49ers. And it wasn't because the 49ers didn't spend time preparing. The Rams DL showed up to play.

Don't know what team will show up this week. If the DL shows up again, Palmer better watch out...they basically ended Kevin Kolb's career a couple years ago.
icon_lol.gif

-----------
We have a tendency to play to our opponents levels each week

We just do enough to get by and so far it is working

We have played 60 mins each game, which is good to see

If we didn't drop every other pass, I think our offense has the chance to be top 5, but was it 6 passes last week dropped? It is not easy to watch

If we can knock the Rams off home and away and that is not as easy as it was 4 weeks ago, we are playoff bound.

Going to be fun to watch
----------
To be honest I'm worried about this game. The Rams are no slouch and we can't catch ourselves looking at how pretty our name is at the top of the standings
----------
I think Arians would keep his players safe from ever having that kind of mentality
---------
While Id agree I don't think you are ever certain of that until we get on the field. And we still have not been beating teams due to talent level, just another thing that can scare you about this game as the Rams have talent on their squad.
---------
Yep, it's only the Rams. I think the Cards will win but it will should be a good game. I expect a similar outcome as the Eagles, that is a tough fought game except a few less points. I'm going 17-14 Cards. Turnovers are key as usual.
----------
Interesting fact:

Cards have allowed 6th fewest sacks so far.

Honestly who would have guessed that after 8 weeks.

Want to see where we stand after 9

Cardncub

Rookie

So by your metrics what are the Cards giving up per game???

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm starting to think that, setting aside our QB and D Play, this game will come down to "Who out-Coach's Who!" My money is on Fisher and Company!!(y)(y)

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
So by your metrics what are the Cards giving up per game???
I don't know and I don't care, frankly. My point was that whoever thought the matchup between the Cards offense and Rams defense was a clear win for the Cards offense was mistaken. I already said that I believe the Cards defense has the advantage over our offense, so there's your bone. If you want to figure it out yourself, go look at the box score for every Cards game and take away the opposing team's points scored by punt/kickoff returns and defensive touchdowns. Add up all of the points their offense scored and divide by 8 and there you go. I don't care about Arizona enough to do that.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
any numbskull can rattle off numbers. just like how you guys are dead last in pass defense. but we both know they're excuses why that is. did you know we are one of the top teams in first quarter scoring and first possession scoring? you talk all this smack about the Rams who have pulled out big victories while playing with the youngest team in the NFL, using a 3rd string QB, missing our top 10 DE, playing a 6th round rookie corner and a beat up Oline. we've played top ranked defenses the entire year but we're still 3-5 and almost blew out Dallas and come back to beat Philly. coin flip away from at least being 5-3 with all that shit going on with injuries. oh and you guys have been squeaking by in a bunch of those games. so please get off your high horse bro

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
any numbskull can rattle off numbers. just like how you guys are dead last in pass defense. but we both know they're excuses why that is. did you know we are one of the top teams in first quarter scoring and first possession scoring? you talk all this smack about the Rams who have pulled out big victories while playing with the youngest team in the NFL, using a 3rd string QB, missing our top 10 DE, playing a 6th round rookie corner and a beat up Oline. we've played top ranked defenses the entire year but we're still 3-5 and almost blew out Dallas and come back to beat Philly. coin flip away from at least being 5-3 with all that crap going on with injuries. oh and you guys have been squeaking by in a bunch of those games. so please get off your high horse bro
CHURCH

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...review-it-will-have-to-take-a-solid-defensive

Cardinals vs. Rams preview: It will 'have to take a solid defensive performance' for a St. Louis upset
By Jess Root@senorjessroot on Nov 8 2014

20131207_mjr_su5_105.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

We talk to Turf Show Times.

After being kind enough to appears as a guest on Revenge of the Birds Radio for our preview episode, 3K from Turf Show Times also was willing to answer a few more questions as we lead up the the Week 10 battle between the Arizona Cardinals and St. Louis Rams on Sunday.

Here are my questions for him and his responses to them:

ROTB: So, what exactly happened with the pass rush? The numbers were terrible, but then the floodgates opened against the Niners. What gives?

TST: Well, it was some from column A (the Rams were due) and some from column B (the Niners' O-line...woof). You guys have done a solid job at avoiding sacks so I'm interested to see this battle on Sunday. There's just no excuse for a line that stars Robert Quinn and rookie standout Aaron Donald with complementary players in Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford, Williams Hayes and Eugene Sims to allow the paltry sack deficiency from the early run of the season.

Opposing teams have often started the game by avoiding the deeper passing game to ensure they get the ball out quick and negate the Rams' pass rush. That's fine. The problem has been that when they open the playbook up, the Rams just aren't able to get sufficient pressure even when DC Gregg Williams dials up some of his more exotic blitz packages. The 49ers game was a perfect example of how big of an impact the pass rush can have in completely neutralizing an opposing offense. The Rams have to get after it again on Sunday.

ROTB: How different does this team look than a season ago?

TST: Completely and yet not at all. Obviously people will point to the QB position with Sam Bradford having logged the first half of 2013 before we went to Kellen Clemens; 2014 started with Sam Bradford before the preseason injury handed the reins to Shaun Hill who lost the job in a single half to Austin Davis. With a couple of rookies carving a role out in the first team, there are some other significant personnel moves that make the 2014 roster different than 2013. But the product's been the same. The offense has gotten back to it's old inept ways, the defense, for all the talent, continues to find new opportunities to make boneheaded plays and the coaching overall remains substandard. We're the Rams, bruh.

ROTB: The Rams have been so pesky in the NFC West. Why is that?

TST: I think part of it is that for all of the misgivings, the roster is stacked with natural talent. Sometimes that's enough to manifest itself in the form of a couple wins against division guys. There's not any rational explanation because while the Rams can pull off wins against Seattle and San Francisco on the road, they're Ram enough to get blown out by Kansas City and Minnesota. 21-0 lead over the Cowboys? Yeah, we can find a way to lose that. We're weird.

ROTB: Who are players to watch on either side of the ball on Sunday?

TST: Tre Mason seemingly has carved out the starting running back gig, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Fisher opts back into the running back by committee mess we've toyed with for most of the season. This staff relies on "unpredictability" more than actual results, so who knows. I'd also point to the #2 overall pick from the 2014 NFL Draft Greg Robinson who is an absolute mauler. He's capable of dumb levels of strength that allow him to just plow people in the running game. Outside of the rookies, I struggle to come up with something notable...just like the Rams' offense (ZING!).

On defense, obviously Aaron Donald's the easy pick. He's just too naturally talented.

ROTB: If the Rams were to win, how would it happen?

TST: Well, it'd have to take a solid defensive performance. The shootouts the Rams have been involved in haven't worked out well, and in two of the games, the offense was so putrid the defense just couldn't keep up over 60 minutes. So they might have to pull some points from the defense or special teams. The Rams barely found ways to avoid losses in each of their three wins, so it's not as if this team has really WON a game outright. We've just avoided losses three times. So it's going to take something in that vein to get a win on Sunday...unless the NFL Parity Deity strikes again and the Rams win by 20 or something. I don't mess with the football gods, because they're capable of some creepy stuff. They're going to make someone lose to Oakland and that's a power I don't want aimed at me.

Thanks to 3k for taking some time to chat with us. I also answered questions for Turf Show Times. You can read those here.
-----------
The Rams, Our Classiest Opponents In The NFL
I stated, in another post, that the Cardinals and the Rams had the most heart in the NFC West compared with the 49ers and the Seahawks, who seem heart broken. The same applies to the fans.

Every time we have these fan exchanges, the commentaries with the Ram’s fans results in both sides showing absolute class. I surely hope this continues.

That being said, I’m suspecting that the Cardinal’s offense may shift into a higher gear if BadAss (an affectionate term for BA) and Tom Moore game plan to attack the Ram’s defensive line instead of waiting to be attacked by it. The Cardinal’s defense is also evolving now that the defensive line is gelling, and just as significantly, Honey Badger seems to be back, as well as PP. Both teams will be playing with heart and will leave everything on the field.

So, with as much heart felt class as I can muster, please forgive us for kicking your asses.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
One of the Cardinal posters said, "49ers tears taste the best". Classic. I love it.

…..

Legend
That being said, I’m suspecting that the Cardinal’s offense may shift into a higher gear if BadAss (an affectionate term for BA) and Tom Moore game plan to attack the Ram’s defensive line instead of waiting to be attacked by it.

I think that would be a big mistake.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
"The offense has gotten back to it's old inept ways, the defense, for all the talent, continues to find new opportunities to make boneheaded plays and the coaching overall remains substandard. We're the Rams, bruh."

Playing some of the top defenses in the league the last 4 games will do that to you. Also having the patchwork o-line and missing Quick has something to do with it too.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I like how when the opposition wins on bad calls and blown coverage, it's a legitimate win. But our upsets are merely avoiding deserved losses instead of us winning. And that's our own guy.