What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
FUCK Arizona and their fans, well at least the ones who think they are unbeatable. I think the Rams will go in there and stun them, personally. Can't wait til Sunday!!!!

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Listen, this will be a very tough game to get a result. Cards are in beast mode at the moment
However, anything can happen.

I have no beef with the cards either. Don't mind the team, dont mind the fans, don't mind the coach

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I made a thread before the season stating how I don't see how they've improved....but they have. I haven't watched any of their games to know exactly where I underrated them...but am looking forward to seeing them this weekend.
They have had the good fortune of not having the toughest of schedules the first half of the season. San Diego gave them the game the first game of the season and I think Dallas would have definitely beat them with Romo. They WON'T sweep the Rams and they DEFINITELY won't sweep Seattle. Oh and they have to play Detroit and KC.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
They have had the good fortune of not having the toughest of schedules the first half of the season. San Diego gave them the game the first game of the season and I think Dallas would have definitely beat them with Romo. They WON'T sweep the Rams and they DEFINITELY won't sweep Seattle. Oh and they have to play Detroit and KC.
Well, I hope you are right my friend!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Just realized they have to go to San Francisco too. They will have Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis back. I don't think they will sweep SF, either. They have a few losses coming their way.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Arizona's two wide receivers are the most concerning for me. La-La Larry Fitzgerald and John Brown have been on fire lately. We need to shut down Ellington and get to Carson before he can deliver it down the field. The problem is that Carson gets the ball out quicker so if we can't get there we need the line to get their hands up and bat it down. I just have too much respect for Fitz knowing how talented he is. Offensively we just need to keep the drives going and turn them into points. Anything would be an improvement from last game.
My prediction is a 27-23 victory. (Don't ask me how we score 27, just accept it ;).)

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Good to see that even though they've had a great season thus far, the vast majority of the fans aren't taking us lightly. They realize its a divisional game and that they are typically very lose in the NFC West.

And they aren't overlooking us for good reason: the Rams are 3-1 vs AZ since Fisher took over. The 9 sacks in 2012 also is in the not-so-distant past. Veldeer is a nice addition to their OL, but he can only block 1 player at a time. Even if he does stonewall Quinn all day (which is a tall task) we still have Donald, Brockers, Hayes, Sims, Langford. If our DBs can just play to their potential we can make Palmer VERY uncomfortable

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
On the contrary, they were missing a LARGE part of their defense for most of this season. They are still missing Daryl Washington because of his suspension.
Large like two starting corners, a starting safety, DE, etc- that kind of large? No sympathy on the Washington issue from me.
They don't match up injury for injury to me.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Disciplined, mistake-free football is the biggest difference. They also have veteran leadership on the field with Fitzgerald, Palmer, Cromartie, C.Campbell, Larry Foote.

They execute well, and rarely panic. As i've been saying for about 5 weeks now...they are better than Seattle and SF. It's going to be a tough game.
...and we are anything but a disciplined squad, yet we typically compete well and are a team to be accounted for on a weekly basis. I'm not saying we're the better squad, but we aren't that far behind and neither is our coach IMHO

jjab360

Legend
It's funny how most fans think we're some well disciplined team who only play close games and uses a lot of trick plays when it couldn't be further from the truth on all accounts.

jap

Legend
Well their defense was ravaged with injury and losses much like our offense has been. As a result they're ranked #1 in rush defense again this season....go figure. Well coached unit.

The Cards are currently ranked third against the rush, surrendering 79.6 yards per game (3.4 yards per carry). However, how good are they really? Teams average only 23.6 rushing attempts per game against them---#6 in the NFL. Why? Because they are dead last against the pass, surrendering 286.8 yards per contest. Opponents throw 40.0 passes per game against them (#3 in the NFL). They have only 8 sacks to date---tied with Oakland for second to last in the NFL to Atlanta's 7 sacks. On the flip side, their offense has given up only 13 sacks.

I'm not really knocking the Cards' rush defense per se, and this may be an oversimplification, but isn't part of the reason they have the #3 rush defense due to the fact that they are not very good against the pass? If teams can throw on them effectively without too much danger of sacks, why rush much?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Call me homer damn Simpson cuz I just don't see how this Cardinals team is heads and shoulders better than us.

They have the better qb...and their corners are better than ours, outside of that where is this decided advantage?
Respectfully disagree on the CBs. P. Peterson is athletic but is a better punt returner than CB, IMO. He's only average in coverage but has been one of those media darlings since his rookie year due to his athleticism. Cromartie is on the back side of a good career but, again IMO, no more talented than Tru or even Gaines for that matter. We get pressure on Palmer, especially up the middle, and we win this game with D.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/next-vs-st-louis-could-be-a-heck-of-a-game-214525.html

Next vs St Louis could be a heck of a game

I watched that rams v niners game .....man that front four can dig! This is going to be the BIGGEST test thus far for the cards o line. Hope veldeer and massie are ready.....wouyld be nice to get troy niklas back to help chip. Lot of max protect this weekend
----------
Absolutely. The gameplan seems pretty clear and simple for next week. Keep Palmer upright and we win
----------
I'm pretty sure Niklas played a few snaps in the Cowboys game. I know he was in on the TD pass to Ellington because he was one of the 1st guys congratulating him. They actually had 3 TEs in on that play.

St Louis is a strange team... their 3 wins have come against Tampa Bay (2pt win), Seattle (2pt win) & SF (3pt win). They've been blown out by Minnesota 34-6, SF 31-17 & KC 34-7. They played Dallas (34-31) & Philly (34-28) close. They're so inconsistent that you have no idea which team is going to show up from week to week.

They're going to be pumped up for this game... I'm expecting their best effort playing against a division rival with the best record in the NFL. Still, I feel like if we play our game & find a way to protect Palmer then we should be able to jump on them early & take away their confidence.
----------
Cards -7
---------
the Brocker / Donald vs Fanaika / Larsen matchup worries me
---------
Glad the game is at home.
---------
Team plays like Tarzan in the division, then plays like Jane outside of it.

This will be a fist fight and I fully expect it to be close; closer than most fans will be comfortable with.
-------
They've lost Jake Long this week for the forseeable future, so an opportunity exists on D.
Their defensive front 4 are great - best in the league. We'll need max protect,
need our D to dominate the line of scrimmage against their patchwork O Line, and we'll survive this one too.

Man, Chris Long, Michael Brockers, Aaron Donald, and Robert Quinn.
Four top 12 overall picks in nearly consecutive drafts as their D Line. At least they got that part right.
----------
How many "tests" will this team have? This will be a game where its not as easy as you would think, but we already know who the Cards are, this game won't be a test. They just need to stick with what they have been doing and they will win. The only thing I see that needs some work is the Offense. Its so inconsistent. WRs need to stop dropping easy catches and the interior line needs to step it up.

I also don't get why there are not more side runs for Ellington? He gets a ton more yardage going to the left or right then up the middle.
---------
If, and it's a big if, the Cardinals can reduce the mistakes, they should be able to do enough on offense to beat the Rams. I'm very confident the Cardinals can shut down the Rams anemic offense. Just throttle the run and pressure Austin David up the middle.

I'm less confident the Cardinals' interior offensive line can hold up against the Rams tackles and stunts. And by all means be on guard for Jeff Fisher's trick plays, see the Seattle game.
---------
Terrific trick play gettin Kaepernick to fumble on the one inch line, lol
---------
They had 8 sacks against the vaulted 49'r O-line. Robert Quinn has 5 for the year so far.
--------
Doesn't Quinn normally line up on the Veldheer side? Could be fun one to watch...maybe the right time to plug in Cooper... he is much quicker than Fanaika or Larsen to deal with the Rams front four
---------
My God our interior line is about to get destroyed. Luckily that's all about the Rams can do.

And hurt Palmer... the Rams could lose the game and end our season all in one lol
---------
Yeah, their defense is pretty good, but their offense is ehhh...not so much. This would be a good week for our D to pad their turnover stats. They aren't (barring a miracle or crazy game plan) gonna be able to run on us so they're going to be pretty one-dimensional I would think. It's definitely in the Rams best interest to keep this a low scoring affair.
--------
Rams' left tackle Jake Long is gone for the season with his annual injury. Number two overall pick Greg Robinson is definitely a work in progress. A rookie left tackle and a back up quarterback is rough sledding in the NFL.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There's blood in the water, and our D has picked up the scent. Palmer is gonna take a fucking beating.

Feeding frenzy in the desert on Sunday.

Baaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
There's blood in the water, and our D has picked up the scent. Palmer is gonna take a freaking beating.

Feeding frenzy in the desert on Sunday.

Baaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

Don't get too cocky. Everytime this board gets fired up and talking s##t we get blown out.

azcards

UDFA
The Cards are currently ranked third against the rush, surrendering 79.6 yards per game (3.4 yards per carry). However, how good are they really? Teams average only 23.6 rushing attempts per game against them---#6 in the NFL. Why? Because they are dead last against the pass, surrendering 286.8 yards per contest. Opponents throw 40.0 passes per game against them (#3 in the NFL). They have only 8 sacks to date---tied with Oakland for second to last in the NFL to Atlanta's 7 sacks. On the flip side, their offense has given up only 13 sacks.

I'm not really knocking the Cards' rush defense per se, and this may be an oversimplification, but isn't part of the reason they have the #3 rush defense due to the fact that they are not very good against the pass? If teams can throw on them effectively without too much danger of sacks, why rush much?

Hey Jap,

It's not an oversimplification and you are right. "Pressure" is created on the pocket, but the team still doesn't get to the QB like it could last year. That's part of the reason the cards do well against the run, is that there are always lots of players near the box, leaving the corners 1v1, the safety or lb 1v1 vs the TE, and live with the risk. It sounded good on paper that we have Cro and Peterson guarding the receivers, but with no help over the top teams have had great success and will continue to do so.

Losing players to injury is understandable, but when a top 5 LB in the league gets suspended for a YEAR, that's frustrating as a fan. The o-line better eat their Wheaties on Sunday.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Don't get too cocky. Everytime this board gets fired up and talking s##t we get blown out.

We got nothing to lose and they are front runners. They've got a BIG target on their back.

Divisional games are my favorite.

I'm hearing the shark music from Jaws in my head right now.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
LOVE how they think our offense is simply pedestrian and I'm this is based on our last couple of games. While we the absence of Quick does effect our offense, have they forgotten about our other playmakers? Have they forgotten how Cook torched their asses last year? True, many say Cook had that big game because of the absence of their middle lb (forgot his name), but guess what? He won't be there at all this year! Also, they point to the fact that Jake Long is out for the year and are focusing on the LT position while Long's absence effects RG more with Davin Joseph now starting there. Greg Robinson was pretty solid against the 49ers.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If the Cards can run the ball well, I think it sets up the passing game well.
The problem is they have no running game!

I think the Niners slept on them and paid the price.
:ROFLMAO: Pure unadulterated BS! they had their Bye week to get ready for us!!:ROFLMAO:

The Rams scare me somewhat. They play with the attitude that it ain't over til it's over. Fisher is a good coach and their D is scary. They have beat the Seahogs and Whiners now, and that shouldn't be taken lightly. They seem like a team that just sticks around and sticks around and can cash in at the end somehow.
Logical thinking. They should scare you!!(y)

They, for the most part, aren't taking us lightly. An injured and desperate animal is dangerous indeed.
IF they forget this^ they're Dead Meat!!:cautious: