What 49ers fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189300-2017-week-rams-49ers-pre-game-thread/page9/

2017 Week 3 - Rams @ 49ers Pre-Game Thread

I think this is pretty much a push. I know the line has us -2.5, but I think that line will move closer to even by Thursday. I just don't know how you can look at the Rams production thus far and think they have more than 17 in 'em.

And I know the 49ers' offense has looked anemic, and they will this game too, less four or five big plays. But, I think the defense steps up; at least two turnovers and one will be an interception (though not by RR, he will tackle whichever teammate intercepts the ball and berate them all the way to the sideline).

I think this is a 17-14, 20-17 type game (one way or the other), but a large margin of victory for the 49ers wouldn't surprise me either. After all, no matter what city they call home, it is and will always be the Rams
bigsmile.gif

---------
Hoyer 4 TDs
---------
must beat the S.O.S.A.Rams
----------
Don't sleep on Goff. He can put up a bunch of TDs quick.
----------
Niners 27
Rams 10
---------
We beat the lambs so bad last year that they felt they didn't belong in the gold... We will do it again this year. They are the lambs.. We win 28/3
-------
Donald isnt back to his former self quite yet and besides Trumaine... Their back 7 has question marks.

I think well have success running on them. Passing game will have enough success to keep them honest.

Look for our DL to have another strong game... We got this.
----------
This is a good game to judge how bad these teams are. If we have a 10-7 or 12-9 game it will show us both teams are really bad. A blowout by either side will show one team is worse than the other.
-------
Same ol sorry ass Rams
---------
they thought after that 46-9 win over the Colts, they were the second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf...after week one we had some long discussions about over estimating a team's prowess after 60 minutes...especially one who faced a QB named Tolzien.
-------
I didnt wanna come down on his parade but was talking s**t about us so i told him to enjoy his week 1 parade lol.

As soon as they got the pick 6 to go up 10-0 it was over. Colts became one dimensional with a 3rd string QB and thats all she wrote. Knew Foreskins were a good test and they obviously failed.

He was furious with Barron and Ogletree.. Im telling yall, offense is gonna have a solid showing. 3x a charm
wink.gif

--------
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/platf...ams-san-francisco-49ers-injury-report-preview

Looks like their #2 CB Webster is still not practicing so should be out a 2nd game
cool.gif
(Goodwin/Robby time)

Both teams starting TEs in Everett/Kittle are limited(Good news for us with Foster out and Tartt @SS).

Tartt was limited as well after day off yesterday. Keep your eye on LoJo(Lorenzo Jerome) this game.
--------
Their #2 CB is gonna be out. I think we can expose their D. Their LBs are bad in the run game. Easley out for the year. Donald isnt 100% back.
--------
It's too bad foster is injured. Seeing him and Gurley running at each other would be fun.
-------
Some observations on the Redskins-Rams game ;

1. Goff isn't a total bust, I would take him over Hoyer in an instant. He looks at one receiver and that cost him with an interception late in the game. He appears slight of build but made some throws.

2. Gurley is heating up, he leapfrogged defenders a couple of times and gained positive yardage. The matchup of Gurley-Hyde could decide the game.

3. The Redskins ran right through the Rams in the first half and then lost their starter, that slowed them the rest of the game.

4. Donald should be closer to game shape with a game under his belt.

5. Sammy Watkins was MIA hope it continues.

6. Hekker completed another pass in punt formation, the 49er special teams have to be on their toes.

7. Cousins would be a huge upgrade if the 49ers sign him, but he is nowhere near the top 3 or 4 quarterbacks in the NFL, IMO.
-----------
https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/9...rt-saleh-transcript-preview-week-3-jared-goff

Robert Saleh talks Jared Goff’s tape, Rams game and more
49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh talked about a variety of topics in advance of the 49ers vs. Rams game in Week 3.
by James Brady

usa_today_10290065.0.jpg

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports

We’re two weeks in. Just an overview, how do you feel about the way your defense has performed?

“Both good and bad. The results are not what we want. If you look at yards and all that stuff, we don’t look at that stuff. The bottom line is points. Trying to keep points off the board. Trying to give ourselves a chance to win every week. The thing that I’m excited about is that our style was represented last week. That’s the biggest thing.

That’s all across the board for the entire team. If you’re looking from a progress standpoint, I don’t look at so much production as much as what it looks like on tape and the violence, the speed, attacking the ball, that’s what I’m excited about.”

You guys were on the field for 79 plays. It would stand to reason that maybe late in the game you’d wear down a little bit. Do you think that’s the case, but also how much do you guys have to emphasize third downs and getting off the field when you have those opportunities?

“Third down is a major emphasis, every week it is. We faced 12 more plays than we needed to that first drive just because a lack of execution on that first third-down and nine. We were in great position to get off the field. We got into the kill zone and now we just have to get off the field. We’ve got to tackle and that takes all 11 running to the ball because a lot of times that first guy does miss, but we can help ourselves a lot by being better on third down for sure.”

Speaking of that lack of execution on that particular play, it was a read-option play, a zone-read. Was the linebacker supposed to scrape or how do you coach that in particular?

“That was a fourth-and-one. That was the second sequence of third down. We had the quarterback accounted for, it was just a lack of execution.”

Obviously, every defense wants to be strong up the middle, but with LB Reuben Foster already out and now S Eric Reid out, what does that mean for this defense?

“The train keeps rolling. The NFL stops for nobody. So, we’ve just got to get the next guy ready. And there’s no excuses in this league. We’ve just got to keep rolling and get ready to play.”

How did S Jaquiski Tartt come in this morning? Is he feeling any better than yesterday?

“You know what, I haven’t actually sat and asked him. I know he’s getting all his rehab. He’s trying to get himself ready for Thursday.”

If he can’t go, is it DB Adrian Colbert, next man up?

“You have Colbert and [DB] Lorenzo [Jerome] both. They’d be competing for that.”

I guess that was my question, with the strong safety playing close to the box a lot, are you looking for a certain amount of size in that player? Because I know Lorenzo is normally at the free safety spot.

“You have a prototype, but I think football players come in all shapes and sizes. They have all kinds of measurables. Yeah, you’d love to have a certain measurable, but right now the men we have in our room have to get it done.”

Is there a cut off time to where if you needed to add somebody to the roster over the next couple of days? Is there a time that you would need to know to make that decision?

“That one’s more for [head coach] Kyle [Shanahan] and [general manager] John [Lynch] to be honest with you.”

With 79 snaps and Thursday night, Thursday night is already a tough challenge, but can you do anything else just to make sure they’re as fresh as possible after that performance Sunday?

“Kyle has already done a great job delivering that message. [head strength & conditioning coach] Ray Wright and our training crew, [vice president of medical services/head athletic trainer Jeff Ferguson] Ferg and all them, they do a great job.

Shoot, my message to guys is whatever they ask, double it up. This is a big mental, get your body right week and usually Thursday night is about which team can show up the freshest. The whole mindset is about us and getting ourselves ready to play over scheme.”

I’m sure you stressed all last week the importance of containing Seahawks QB Russell Wilson in the pocket. On that touchdown drive at the end of the fourth quarter, he broke contain a few times. What were the breakdowns on those plays?

“I’ll be honest, Russell, he’s been doing it for god knows how many years now, but it’s what he does. We had him. We had him in our grasp. We felt like we had a great plan for him, but there’s a reason why he gets paid so much money. He makes plays.

He makes things happen and I still am in awe of the play he made to throw the touchdown. Going to his left, throwing across his body, player wrapped around his ankles and still to drop a dime where he did, the kid made a hell of a play.”

Last week you said that one of your goals was for the defense to dictate the course of the game regardless of whether you’re getting enough help from the offense or not. I know obviously towards the end of the game, that didn’t work.

But, was there a period there, especially towards the end of the third quarter, where you guys were digging in, where felt that you saw what you’d like to see?

“Midway through the third quarter, I thought we had an opportunity to blow the doors open. I think we had our hands on three footballs. One for sure could have been a pick-six. That’s where, as a defense, we’ve got to get greedy.

We’ve got to be opportunistic and when we have those opportunities and they come in bunches, and when you have an opportunity, there was a five-minute window or a two-series window in there where I felt that we could have completely blew the doors open and we missed it.

In this league, momentum shifts so much that when you miss your opportunity, you’re leaving the door open for anything to happen and that’s where I just felt like we had a chance to really blow it open but we didn’t. We missed the opportunity.”

Why did we see LB Brock Coyle in there for a series there in the first half?

“He deserves it. He works his tail off and he works hard and we wanted to make sure that we got him some more reps. And to be honest with you, I feel he should probably get a little bit more. That’s not an indictment on any of the other players as much as is it is a testament to how he works and how he prepares himself every week.”

Is he competing with LB Ray-Ray Armstrong for that starting spot or are they distinct?

“It’s always competition. We’re going to do our best to make sure the best 11 are on the field at all times. And Brock and Ray, they both have great strengths. They are different in their own way, but they both get the job done.

And so, it’d be a disservice really to all three of them. It goes back to that mindset of trying to be as fresh as possible. If you have a guy like Brock, who can come in and perform the way he does then you take advantage of it.”

What are his strengths?

“He’s a great communicator. Knows everybody’s job on the football field. Very, very strong at the point of attack and he is pretty athletic and fast. He’s a good linebacker. He’s started a lot of football games for Seattle when they needed him and he performed very, very well too. He’s put in his time. He’s put in his work and he deserves to play.”

Did DL Solomon Thomas take a step forward this week?

“He takes a step forward every day. You want to talk about relentless in his work ethic, that young man has a chance to be special if he continues working the way he does.”

He played more snaps than you had originally planned for him, but how did DB Jimmie Ward hold up over the course of the game for a guy who hasn’t played?

“He held up well. The feedback was good, feels good. Man, he looked fast too. So, it’s good to have him back. Hopefully he can stay healthy.”

Assignment-wise he was good on everything?

“Yeah.”

What are the challenges that Los Angeles Rams RB Todd Gurley’s running style offers you guys?

“He’s shifty. He’s got speed. He does a good job bouncing and getting to the sideline. They do a really good job stressing your corners. For us, we’ve just got to corral him and make sure that we do a good job holding the edges and keep him inside the box.”

Is he the fastest running back you guys will have faced so far?

“He might be. I’m not sure, they all look fast to me. [Seattle Seahawks RB Thomas] Rawls was pretty fast last week and so was that little rookie. Their play speed was pretty quick.”

Is there anything in particular that you’ve noticed Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff is doing better this year that’s led to some more success this year than last?

“I didn’t get a chance to play Goff last year. I didn’t even look at their tape last year, so I couldn’t tell you. I know the people who were here a year ago think he’s an improved quarterback and he’s got a great scheme attached to him. So, you can see the improvement. The people that were here a year ago have mentioned that he’s much improved.”

So from your standpoint, the only Jared Goff you know is the 2017 Jared Goff from watching film?

“Yes. There was no reason to look at last year’s tape.”

Just because the system--?

“The system is different.”

What do you admire about the offense you’re going against?

“They all are tied into what we do. I do think their offense is one of the hardest offenses to game plan for. The things they do offensively, they put so much stress on you from a coverage standpoint and a run game standpoint. You’ve got to be disciplined and you’ve got to be very detailed in your approach because if you sleep for a second they can get you how they want.”

LB Aaron Lynch played 30 snaps, I think, after being inactive in Week 1. What goes into that decision whether he’s up or down? Is it matchup, is it how he prepares himself?

“It’s a little bit of everything. It’s like we’ve mentioned that there’s starters all across the defensive line and they all work their tails off. I think [defensive line coach] Jeff [Zgonina] does a great job getting them all ready to play. There are matchup issues. There are things that we would need. You can only have so many up on gameday and he deserves to be up every week, but sometimes you just, based on the matchup, things might dictate otherwise.”

Can you talk about CB K’Waun Williams? He had a really good game up in Seattle, two pass breakups, made a lot of nice reads, pre-snap recognition. Can you talk about his progress and how you see him fit moving forward?

“K’Waun, he’s been performing really well. He’ll even tell you one of those pass breakups were more of a missed opportunity instead of a PBU. But, he does everything you ask. He does things the right way. He’s physical. He plays fast and he’s just a very instinctive football player in there. So, again like I said, a lot of football players come in many shapes and sizes.”

You mentioned Gurley’s talents earlier. What did you notice that they did for him on Sunday versus the week before to kind of get him loose?

“They had their running style. They run the same offensive run game pretty much that we do. So, if there was anything unique, it looked all the same to me with their approach.”

What is the kill zone?

“The kill zone?”

Yes.

“It’s that check down area from the line of scrimmage to five yards past the line of scrimmage. Kill or be killed in that range. Legally.”

With extreme violence?

“With extreme violence. Absolutely.”

DL DeForest Buckner looked like he had a really good game. What stood out after reviewing the tape for you?

“He works his tail off. He plays with tremendous effort and he’s a problem. He’s just very unique with his size and length, his strength, especially for a three-technique. So, he is a problem. He is someone that you have to deal with every week and he’s not something you can simulate on a week-to-week basis if you’re an opposing defense trying to get it from your show team.”

Lorenzo didn’t play a lot in that first game, but what were your impressions of him against Carolina and what are some of the things you’ve been working with him on the last couple of weeks here?

“It’s the same thing. They’re all, even when we’re offense cards, defense servicing the offense from a card situation, last week was a great chance for all those guys, because Seattle runs pretty much the same scheme. For them to continue and understand, ‘Well I’m running the same scheme.’ Just as many reps as you can for those guys in any which way.

Even when they’re back there, always working on your fundamentals. Any time you put yourself on tape, it’s kind of the message for everybody on that defense. When you put yourself on tape, when you’re on the football field, represent what you’re trying to represent and work the things that we’re trying to get you to do from a fundamental standpoint all within the schematics of what the offense needs.

Again, it’s individual work and all that stuff. We’re just trying to make sure that they’re all progressing every single day.”

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
“... If you look at yards and all that stuff, we don’t look at that stuff...."

"...If you’re looking from a progress standpoint, I don’t look at so much production as much as what it looks like on tape and the violence, the speed, attacking the ball, that’s what I’m excited about.”

Holy Contradictory Statements Batman!

I hope he calls plays like that.

If you look to stopping the run, we don't try to do that, we try to....

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189300-2017-week-rams-49ers-pre-game-thread/page9/

2017 Week 3 - Rams @ 49ers Pre-Game Thread

I think this is pretty much a push. I know the line has us -2.5, but I think that line will move closer to even by Thursday. I just don't know how you can look at the Rams production thus far and think they have more than 17 in 'em.

Is this guy serious? 17 points? We are tied for 3rd in the League averaging 33.0 PPG! We are 10th in yardage at 352.5 YPG! The Niners are averaging 6.0 PPG and 232.5 YPG, that ranks them 31st and 32nd in the League, respectively. This isn't the same old Rams and the 49ers suck.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189237-what-our-empty-stadium/

What is up with our empty stadium??

Watching this game today I swear every time they show the crowd like half of our seats are empty. This is openeing day of a new regime. Don't know if this is a 49ers fans are flakey and only show up when we're good kind of thing or if the stadium is THAT out of the way or expensive that nobody goes to the game, but I don't know how we're supposed to have any kind of home presence with an empty stadium that can't make noise or pump our team up.
--------
Im in the stadium. Its like 95°.

Has nothing to do with our bad team or stadium. Its hot AF!! There are tens of thousands of fans under the overhang or in the concession area in the shade.
---------
Who wants to go watch that garbage.
---------
We suck. Nobody wants to watch a crappy team in an overpriced stadium.
---------
Its hot as f**k and we suck...its not rocket science
----------
Go later in the year when they will be giving away tickets.
--------
Empty seats won't be a problem when Cowboys and Giants come to town. Their fans will fill up the stadium. That will make Jed boy very happy.
--------
It's like a 100 degrees out there at Levis, and no one wants to watch this s**t show.
--------
Then why is the stadium just as empty in October, November, and December?
--------
I just got home and I would say say 50% TOPS
---------
You'd think mgmt woulda figured our fairweather fans might need a little more than wifi to keep them seated. The stadium looks pitiful compared to the likes of Dallas, Minn, Zona. Not that we need a dome but if you can come up with grass on the roof, couldnt you figure out a design that would keep the fans comfortable and lock in noise at the same time ? Not only is it empty, but the design doesnt even allow crowd noise to be contained.

Embarrassment
yawn.gif

--------
Why would I throw away 50$ to watch a Team with Brian hoyer as qb ? In 95 degree heat and pay 14$ for a beer!!! Thanks but no thanks. Sit on my own couch drink my own beer in my A/C house on my 60 in tv. At least I can change the channel and watch a diff game (Sunday ticket) but hey to each his own . U keep throwing away your $ and in lining Jed's pockets 50$ at a time
---------
It was apparently designed by some total s**t for brains who had no idea how direct sunlight would roast 3/4 of the stadium until October. Either that or Jed York is a sadomasochist.
---------
I was loud and sitting in the sun all game. Our fans suck
---------
I was there today for the first time since 2014, and honestly can't say when I'll ever be back.

The place really does suck. I tried to be open minded about it, and it'll never be the stick, there's a laundry list of why it's awful.

It was 106 in SF last week and the 95 degrees in that stadium today felt 20 times as hot. I grew up on the east coast in hot humid summers and never felt like I did today.

The routine event staff incompetence meant we still had long lines getting into the stadium even past kickoff. lines for water fountains were ungodly and god forbid they give you tap water on days like today instead of iobbing you five bucks for Aquafina.

Team is bad. We knew that going in. But in year four this place is just as s**tty as it was Day 1. Maybe worse.
---------
And to think this will be our "home" for the next half century.

This team truly has fallen from grace. Took it's fanbase with it.
---------
Fans like to feel like they are witnessing the foundation of a winning team being cemented but the reality is most these guys will flameout and/or be dealt in exchange for other pieces. What is the shelf life of a NFL player these days anyway. So really watching the team now is entirely a time killer - background noise. Losing a-lot of games is one thing, having an unwatchable offense is another.
----------
Man I was at the game yesterday sitting in the lower section and it was hot AF but I was still chanting and yelling for no reason. These new silicon valley corporate fans are worthless. Can't even stand up and cheer without anyone looking at you weird. They just want to sit down and stare at their phones while casually watching the game quietly.

What a miserable day it was yesterday in the heat. Would have been less complaints if we were actually playing decent. Yes, some were in the shade but I've never been able to get out of traffic so fast and was literally home in downtown San Jose within 20 minutes from leaving Blue Lot 1. Empty stadium

I thought it was hilarious watching all the fans pass out on the side of the road trying to find their cars in the parking lot. Damn techies.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Watching this game today I swear every time they show the crowd like half of our seats are empty. This is openeing day of a new regime. Don't know if this is a 49ers fans are flakey and only show up when we're good kind of thing or if the stadium is THAT out of the way or expensive that nobody goes to the game, but I don't know how we're supposed to have any kind of home presence with an empty stadium that can't make noise or pump our team up.
--------

Has nothing to do with our bad team or stadium. Its hot AF!! There are tens of thousands of fans under the overhang or in the concession area in the shade.
---------
---------
---------
----------
--------
Empty seats won't be a problem when Cowboys and Giants come to town. Their fans will fill up the stadium. That will make Jed boy very happy.
--------
It's like a 100 degrees out there at Levis, and no one wants to watch this s**t show.
--------
--------
---------
You'd think mgmt woulda figured our fairweather fans might need a little more than wifi to keep them seated. The stadium looks pitiful compared to the likes of Dallas, Minn, Zona. Not that we need a dome but if you can come up with grass on the roof, couldnt you figure out a design that would keep the fans comfortable and lock in noise at the same time ? Not only is it empty, but the design doesnt even allow crowd noise to be contained.

Embarrassment
yawn.gif

--------
Why would I throw away 50$ to watch a Team with Brian hoyer as qb ? In 95 degree heat and pay 14$ for a beer!!! Thanks but no thanks. Sit on my own couch drink my own beer in my A/C house on my 60 in tv. At least I can change the channel and watch a diff game (Sunday ticket) but hey to each his own . U keep throwing away your $ and in lining Jed's pockets 50$ at a time
---------
It was apparently designed by some total s**t for brains who had no idea how direct sunlight would roast 3/4 of the stadium until October. Either that or Jed York is a sadomasochist.
---------
---------
I was there today for the first time since 2014, and honestly can't say when I'll ever be back.

The place really does suck. I tried to be open minded about it, and it'll never be the stick, there's a laundry list of why it's awful.

It was 106 in SF last week and the 95 degrees in that stadium today felt 20 times as hot. I grew up on the east coast in hot humid summers and never felt like I did today.

The routine event staff incompetence meant we still had long lines getting into the stadium even past kickoff. lines for water fountains were ungodly and god forbid they give you tap water on days like today instead of iobbing you five bucks for Aquafina.

Team is bad. We knew that going in. But in year four this place is just as s**tty as it was Day 1. Maybe worse.
---------

---------
Fans like to feel like they are witnessing the foundation of a winning team being cemented but the reality is most these guys will flameout and/or be dealt in exchange for other pieces. What is the shelf life of a NFL player these days anyway. So really watching the team now is entirely a time killer - background noise. Losing a-lot of games is one thing, having an unwatchable offense is another.
----------
Man I was at the game yesterday sitting in the lower section and it was hot AF but I was still chanting and yelling for no reason. These new silicon valley corporate fans are worthless. Can't even stand up and cheer without anyone looking at you weird. They just want to sit down and stare at their phones while casually watching the game quietly.

What a miserable day it was yesterday in the heat. Would have been less complaints if we were actually playing decent. Yes, some were in the shade but I've never been able to get out of traffic so fast and was literally home in downtown San Jose within 20 minutes from leaving Blue Lot 1. Empty stadium

I thought it was hilarious watching all the fans pass out on the side of the road trying to find their cars in the parking lot. Damn techies.
Yup... no matter how nice the stadium (and that one isn't bad)... if the team sucks, they will not come out in Cali.

Note to Kroenke:
Best observe... job one? Make the Rams successful. All else falls in line.

Crappy team = no fans = loss of revenue.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup... no matter how nice the stadium (and that one isn't bad)... if the team sucks, they will not come out in Cali.

Note to Kroenke:
Best observe... job one? Make the Rams successful. All else falls in line.

Crappy team = no fans = loss of revenue.

Lets be honest here for a second, that bolded part isn't exclusive to California.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets be honest here for a second, that bolded part isn't exclusive to California.
Without getting into the location "discussion"... you are right.

However, I think it's more prevalent in Cali (for NFL).

The main reason is logical:
If the team is bad, there are tons of other things to do out there (more than a lot of NFL markets).
And, Californians will divert their attention (and money) to those other interests if their NFL team is bad.

SF - not doing well... attendance is down
SD - that is a hot mess... Spanos is gonna regret he made that move
OAK - the fans are showing up despite the impending exodus. Kinda proves my point. Win and Californians will discard all the other things they could do and show up... including knowing their team is gonna move.

Lose? Not so much...

It'll be interesting to see how many fans show up tomorrow... prime time game, division rival... it ought to be packed.

Let's see what happens.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without getting into the location "discussion"... you are right.

However, I think it's more prevalent in Cali (for NFL).

The main reason is logical:
If the team is bad, there are tons of other things to do out there (more than a lot of NFL markets).
And, Californians will divert their attention (and money) to those other interests if their NFL team is bad.

SF - not doing well... attendance is down
SD - that is a hot mess... Spanos is gonna regret he made that move
OAK - the fans are showing up despite the impending exodus. Kinda proves my point. Win and Californians will discard all the other things they could do and show up... including knowing their team is gonna move.

Lose? Not so much...

It'll be interesting to see how many fans show up tomorrow... prime time game, division rival... it ought to be packed.

Let's see what happens.
Sorry but horse manure.

upload_2017-9-20_13-36-32.png

BTW the Giants that are horrible? Third in attendance down a grand total of 700 people a game. Arizona the 3rd best team in the NL? 20th of 30 teams. Cleveland? Best record in the AL? 22nd and the same attendance as last year. This narrative that people don't go in California if you're bad, and I don't live there but I was born in the state, is garbage. It's universal not specific to one state or one sport.

As for tomorrow this will be the absolute worst test of all anybody putting stock in the amount of people in seats at the start of the game have a clear agenda. You're talking about a game that starts at 5:25 PST in the bay area. Don't know if you've ever lived there or not but if you want to be at the game at kickoff you have to take a day off or not have a job. If you work until 5pm PST in the bay area the only people going to get there for kickoff live within 2 miles of the stadium.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW the Giants that are horrible? Third in attendance down a grand total of 700 people a game. Arizona the 3rd best team in the NL? 20th of 30 teams. Cleveland? Best record in the AL? 22nd and the same attendance as last year.
You might check what I wrote... I said NFL. But, I can see your emotion attached to this, so let's just let it go, eh?

at the start of the game have a clear agenda.
Again, just for the record, didn't say "at the start of the game"... let's see what the actual attendance is.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
However it happened,I am so glad we hired McVay instead of Shanahan.

Just think if they hadnt "tricked" the Rams into hiring McVay, we could have shanny as our HC. And we would have that awesome O that the whiners are sporting. Instead of scoring TDs every week.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
49er fans are so delusional. They won 2 games last year, have scored 12 points this year but they are ahead of us in "rebuilding".
Man, you can only ride the Montana and Young era's so long. You suck right now, deal with it.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

--------

---------
---------
---------
----------
--------
--------
--------
--------
---------

Embarrassment
yawn.gif

--------
---------
---------
---------

---------

---------
----------

Wow. What a s**t show. I sure hope the design is better for the Rams new stadium. Cooking your fans is not a good formula for fan retention.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just think if they hadnt "tricked" the Rams into hiring McVay, we could have shanny as our HC. And we would have that awesome O that the whiners are sporting. Instead of scoring TDs every week.
I still think Shanahan is a very good coach... no telling what he woujld have been able to do with the Rams.

No matter now... he's the enemy. :shooting:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-49ers-need-brian-hoyer-to-step-up/#comments

Kyle Shanahan: 49ers need Brian Hoyer to step up
Posted by Charean Williams on September 20, 2017

Who knows what the 49ers thought they were getting in Brian Hoyer, but it’s safe to say they expected more than they have gotten so far. The 49ers quarterback has had the worst back-to-back games of his NFL career, which has spanned 33 starts over nine seasons.

“I want him to get his edge back. I want him to get his confidence,” 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Wednesday on the KNBR Morning Show, via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area. “We need Brian to step up, and we need everyone around him to step up.”

Hoyer, who is playing with his fourth team in four years, has completed 62 passes for 292 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions. His 60.7 passer rating tops only DeShone Kizer and Andy Dalton.

In 21 possessions, the 49ers have four field goals and no touchdowns, and they have converted only four of 23 third-down attempts.

“Thankfully, this week we get to move on really quick and move on to LA,” Hoyer said of playing on Thursday night. “You get to put the last one behind you and move on to the next.”
---------
Hoyer is horrible, dude just absolutely sucks he is definitely not a starting caliber NFL QB.
--------
he had an edge?
----------
Nothing makes you get your confidence back like your coach calling you out in the media. This should be kept in house.
---------
that’s about as likely as a blizzard in Hawaii…
-----------
The 49’ers have a better chance of Joe Montana or Steve Young stepping up than they do Hoyer. The Houston playoff game from two years ago was the worst exhibition of NFL quarterback play I have ever seen and Hoyer was in the starring role.
------
Good to see Shanahan call a spade a spade….he’s been terrible. The Hawks were there for the taking on Sunday and Hoyer couldn’t get it done. I give Hoyer 2 more games and then give the rookie Beathard a look if nothing changes
--------
Hoyer is just a stop gap and he knows it. Cousins or a rookie will be starting for the 49ers next year
-------
Here’s the problem: Nobody, including the 49ers front office, thinks that Brian Hoyer is a franchise quarterback. This article should actually be seen as an indictment of Andy Dalton, who was presumed to be the Bengals answer at QB. The fact that he is doing WORSE than Hoyer says everything you need to know.
-------
It’s is painful to watch Hoyer play QB. It’s also painful to see a young head coach who’s too green to realize that he has a starting QB who doesn’t process information on gameday the way he does in practices. He has all the talent in the world, but he is no good when live bullets are flying; he folds up.

Kyle’s gonna be a great head coach in this league though. Just a few growing pains. But give us Kap back. Bring back the winningest road playoff QB in franchise history. Trust me, he’ll give us more than 100 passing yards a game, lead the offense to more than ZERO TDs all season.
-------
Open targets and time to find them would be helpful.
--------
They cut Matt Barkley instead of Hoyer lol. This dude is absolutely horrible. At least Barkley showed promise. The Niners are a border line college team.
-------
Step up to what? This is the problem with these guys who believe in their “system” too much. Everyone in the world knows who Brian Hoyer is, but you made a beeline to get him because it made it easier for you to not have to teach your “system” to a better player.

If I’m a 49er fan, I’m upset and already have one strike next to this guy because they’ve already lost 2 winnable games because your QB situation gave you no chance. Sounds like the same kind of stubborn and clueless thinking that helps a team blow a 25 point Super Bowl lead and has that same coach saying he had no regrets after the game.
-------
Outside of a 31yr old Garcon, who has never been a premiere receiver having only 2 of 10 seasons over 1,000yds… You have Goodwin with 827 career yds in 5 seasons, and a rookie 5th round WR. Bench is Aldrick Robinson 5yrs 938yds, Kendrick Bourne Rookie 0yds, and Victor Bolden Jr Rookie 0yds.

Maybe their TE are good? George Kittle Rookie 40yds and Garrett Celek 6th yr with 684 career yds. They must have an Elite RB… Carlos Hyde 4th season 1,960yds, never had a 1,000yd season.

Now I’m not saying Hoyer is good by any stretch, but SF doesn’t have a whole lot of talent around him either.

Are they having Cap troubles that caused them not to grab up a couple quality free agents? With $64,961,712 in open cap space they have the most money available in the league!!!!!

Guess all the Brian Hoyer sucks comments should be voiced to the SF front office!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I know we said this last year. But I just don’t see anyway we lose this game. There’s nothing to fear on offense. Gabbert and Kaepernick were much better then Hoyer. Hyde is the only threat. I can see us struggling against their defense for maybe the 1st quarter and then we will get it going. Although crazier things have happened and it is a rival game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I care if fans show at home and make it hard for the opposing team to run their offenses...otherwise, I could give a cr@p about attendence.....Kronke's a big boy, so if he loses money on the palace in Inglewood then I doubly don't care. Just means that I'll have an easier time finding good seats when or if I decide to see a game there. This whole gnashing of teeth by the Talking Heads is hilarious to me