What 49ers fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I guess they would point to how the Whiners won 2 games all of last year...I never dismiss any team out of hand any more...

i get what your saying but that was a totally different coach and offense last year.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I take umbrage with the "possibly biggest bust in the history of the NFL"...That slot has been taken, never to be open to competition...JaMarcus Russell ruined it for everybody...No blue font necessary, no kidding involved...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Both teams' fans have every reason to be confident. If you're a whiner fan you can cite our defense looking like the Miami Dolphins squad that rolled over in the Super Bowl to the Skins. If you're a Rams fan you can cite our improved passing game and offensive improvement.

I'm reasonably confident. The loss to the Skins exposed our defense and now they have to show they're not THAT unit when the whiners try to do the same thing to them. I think there's a good chance they'll bounce back and if so I think we'll come out of there with a W. If the whiners hammer that ball on us, though, it's gonna be similar to last Sunday.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Its amazing how an 0-2 fan base believes that the 1-1 Rams who have scored more 66 points in two games are going to lose to a team that hasn't scored a total of 20 points in two games. And has all kinds of crazy excuses that our HC is too young and Goff is a bust. OH well gotta go beat them Thursday to shut there mouths up
To be exact, the 9ers, haven't scored more then 9 points in a game yet! 3 points in wk.#1 and 9 points in week #2. that's a total of 12 points so far!
We should Bury them!! And I hope it's an Epic Beat-Down!! Say, minimum 52-3!! Whip them in all 3 phases of the team!

…..

Legend
Goff> Hoyer
Gurley> Hyde
Watkins>Garçon
Woods= Goodwin
Kupp> Robinson
Everett> Kittle
Whitworth> Staley
Saffold = Beadles
Sullivan<Kilgore
Brown= Fusco
Havenstein < Brown

Offensive advantage, Rams.

Westbrooks<Armstead
Brockers> Mitchell
Donald> Buckner
Quinn> Carradine
Barwin=Harold
Ogletree<Bowman
Barron<Foster
Tru>Robinson
Webster>Johnson
Joyner>Ward
Alexander= Tartt

Defensive advantage, Rams. Though more difficult with scheme differences.

freak the 9ers

And then the Rams introduced players one by one.....

While the Patriots marched out as a team......

Bad day that was. Buts still...freak the 9ers

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you're a whiner fan you can cite our defense looking like the Miami Dolphins squad that rolled over in the Super Bowl to the Skins. If you're a Rams fan you can cite our improved passing game and offensive improvement.

Who would have ever thought that this statement would be true based on the changes made in one offseason? :shocking:
*************************************************************************************
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189300-week-rams-49ers-pre-game-thread/

Week 3 - Rams @ 49ers Pre-Game Thread

We WILL get our 1st TD...
-------
Feeling better about this game than the last two.
-------
Was a massive effort against the Hawks and we have a lot of inexperience. Hope the short turnaround doesn't catch us a little flat because this is definitely a winnable game.
--------
I just remembered, rams were the only team we beat last year LOL
-------
Will still have to wait another week to potentially beat our first non Rams opponent since Cleveland in 2015.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

------
"Same old sorry ass Rams"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=nPDcrc3Srzw

-------
I didn't have a good feeling the first two weeks. I actually think the 49ers will win this game.
--------
Not having Foster and Reid kinda sucks... But after thinking about it.

With Ward back at FS and a solid first outing he should be able to build off of, it might be a blessing to see a good look at Tartt for a few games after hes been through his ups and downs. I think hes at the point where hes seemed to have gotten enough experience(FS,SS,LB,ST, 3 diff systems) where he could blossom in the role.

Reid isnt rushed to get healthy and if we choose to re-sign he could be cheaper.

Good news for us is were at home and going against a Goff whose in a new system. Rams right side of OL is below avg.

Look for our DL to have another strong game. Their secondary is not that good either besides Trumaine. LBs are their weak spot. Look for another good running game with more play action success.
---------
Good thing is goff is an absolute statue and we don't have to deal with f**king Wilsonesqu Houdini s**t. I think our d can can a pick or 2, Goff is the type of qb if you keep hitting him he'll start hearing footsteps
--------
Definitely no Cam or Russell lol.
---------
the rams have already scored 66 points in 2 games compared to our 12
laugh.gif

---------
Large difference in the quality of the defenses faced.
---------
i'll be happy if we can get over 100 yards in the passing game. The lambs have a fierce front 7 and will drop another dude in the box to stop Hyde.. Just like last year, the run game will not work with you cant throw the ball AT ALL
angry.gif
angry.gif

-------
Remember, we now got 2 OTs, and one OG who are legit and good starters. Laken made a good first appearance, but wtih time, i hope will be better yet. And we got Magnus in a holding pattern to tryout as a starter. Can't wait for that. But if not ready, then he sits. and kyle is a good judge of that.

I really hope Laken is the real deal and just needed the right coaching. Once again we go up a very good DL, front 7. Amazing how many of them there really are. Also our schedule now two games in...looks a lot tougher than intitially. Indy is weaker, and everyone else is stronger.

Still hard to believe we have 37 new guys on the team, and are playing this well. DBs remain a problem both healthwise and ability wise. Then fusco and kilgore...whew...we gotta get that cleaned up to get much better on O. Do that and suddenly hoyer looks a lot better. We are getting there. Poco a poco...or little by little.
-------
Its gonna be a s**t show. I don't have much faith in the offense at this point. Hopefully Hoyer steps it up and Goodwin looses the stone hands.
---------
We're probably not going to win, but maybe the offense will at least scores a TD this week. Not going to get my hopes up though. It's telling that the part of the team that has looked the best the first 2 weeks, the defense, is the part of the team that Kyle Shanahan probably has the least to do with. Makes you wonder what we're paying him for.
--------
The 4 game winning streak begins on Thursday!
--------
Next 4 games

Vs Rams
@ Cards
@ Colts without Luck
@ Skins
--------
I will admit we are probably going to lose at home to the rams on TNF

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Its amazing how an 0-2 fan base believes that the 1-1 Rams who have scored more 66 points in two games are going to lose to a team that hasn't scored a total of 20 points in two games. And has all kinds of crazy excuses that our HC is too young and Goff is a bust. OH well gotta go beat them Thursday to shut there mouths up

To be fair, we have our share of deplorable fans. Just the Whiners have more

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And then the Rams introduced players one by one.....

While the Patriots marched out as a team......

And the refs marched out with the patriots, as part of their team.

Quote from 49er fan: Also, I've been watching All or Nothing and have to say I'm disappointed Jeff Fisher was fired. The guy is such an idiot that I think nearly anyone is an upgrade. Nice!!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189300-2017-week-rams-49ers-pre-game-thread/page4/

2017 Week 3 - Rams @ 49ers Pre-Game Thread

49ers 34
Rams 14

Hyde & Breida run wild, Hoyer is a golden domed god and Goodwin catches a ball
--------
Hoyer throws for 300 and 2 tds
---------
If we can score a TD I'll consider that a win for us.
---------
we will lose this game 24-9. afterwards all hoyer and coach aka jr will say... we are disappointed .
-------
Honestly if you lose to the Rams on thursday, might as well just pack up the season and tank for Sam Darnold.
---------
my opinion... we will continue to be impotent on offense. we will continue to not be ready to play the game., our offense led by hoyer and a garbage offensive line will continue to struggle. the defense will be respectable but just like last year. our 30 second drives will wear them out and we will lose 24-9.... there is my opinion. you do not like it. that is your problem
---------
We always try to enjoy the game, the problem is 3 and outs and few FGs only go so far in entertainment level.
dazed.gif

---------
The Rams defense has Wade Phillips and Donald but it's not as good as Seattle and Carolina.

We will score a touchdown on Thursday. If we don't I will join your depression. Unless we win without scoring a touchdown. Then I'll probably just laugh instead.
---------
I also don't have any expectations for this year. I want them (players and coaches) to grow and not get hurt lol but yeah everyone who thinks the offense is going to turn into a scoring machine is delusional (and the Rams defense is also good). This season and next off-season will test the coaches and front office so lets see.
-------
i really thought he would be at least respectable. maybe not a play maker. but geez i really thought he would be the stabilizing force we have not had back there since alex. i just think sometime give cj a shot. knowing . in my opinion he is not the answer. then sign cousins. maybe keep hoyer. that is a big maybe. and cj for competition next year. then trade that overall 1sr 2dn 3rd or 4th round pick we will have., in my opinion.,,. and fill a boatload of holes
---------
i thought i was realistic and optimistic at four wins. now i say two. but if this continues.. a theory floated by sus of zero wins is possible.., i think the colts and frank would kill us now. just like the browns did two years ago
---------
I think Hoyer wont have to face a vaunted secondary like seattles, he gets Rams secondary. I predict at least 2 TD throws and more passes downfield if Rams want to load the box to stop Hyde and Brieda.
--------
someone brought up a good but very disturbing point yesterday. think it was a mod.. two games in a row.. hoyer has thrown a pick to the exact same player. linebacker on the exact same play.. you can not fix that in my opinion. and you do not think wade is looking at that. i swear we get guys who do their best to help the other team.
--------
that means we are counting on our wide outs to catch the damn ball, speaking of the 99 problems we have on this team
---------
what bothers me the most. we are showing no signs of improvement after four pre season games and two regular games and seem like we are going backward,, it also seems that our team is not ready to play games,,,, that makes me bats**t crazy
--------
Facts are, we still need a franchise QB, true #1 Receiver, a consistent pass rusher, and a shut-down corner to be a regular contender. Pretty much the same things we've needed since 2004. Doesn't hurt to be a little positive till then, though. You live a little bit longer that way.
---------
In the replay it shows that Hoyer was trying to manipulate the LB to gravitate towards his left which the LB was doing, as soon as Hoyer looked to his right and threw the ball, the LB read that play and wasnt fooled out by Hoyers look off then ran back to hoyers right and got the INT.
---------
ok. maybe the run defense., still not sold on secondary. and our 30 second drives just wore out the defense. i think we did decrease the penalltys so thats good. i keep telling my self i lived through the days of firing monte when we could have won the super bowl in 76, going through the oj trade, no trades, elmo black as our wide out threat after we dumped gene washington. watching holly wood henderson doing blow on the sidelines ........

and i can handle anything... but seeing we are the first team in forever to not score a touchdown in two games and considering the s**tting teams we have had .. that is so so so tough
------
No signs of improvement? Going backwards? We played better in Seattle than we did against Carolina...
--------
I think I've already resigned myself to 0-16 being likely this year. I just hope we're not the first team to go the whole season without scoring a TD, but that is starting to look like a real possibility.
-------
You bring up another point and thought I've had. Is Kyle going to be a good HC? Its a valid question. No doubt in my mind he is a great offensive mind and solid OC, but that doesn't always translate.

I was expecting a bad year and honestly I am ok with it. Lets see what these guys are made of. If they can climb from the bottom together, well maybe we finally have a staff that can bring winning back on a consistent basis. Just hope Jed doesnt F it up as usual.

Dare I say I believe Lynch may be great here - can help everyone through the ups and downs, at least that is my hope - he has that personality for sure.

This is just me trying to think glass somewhat full and light at the end of the tunnel. lol
--------
Aaron Donald vs Brandon Fusco

Hope Mag is active
-------
Yeah, but that is the problem wiht starting Magnus...Aaron Donald. Not much doubt about what he does to fusco. Man i would love to see Magnus start, but just think that is a load to take on your first game.

No point in starting him and then breaking his confidence if Donald schools him. I'm kinda torn on this one. REally want Magnus to start, but not against Donald. Would like to have him get a good start, build confidence. Not likely against donald. But i am afraid donald walks right over fusco. So, what the hey...bring on Magnus.

And remember, if OG is just a turnstile at RG, then hoyer is guarnanteed to have a bad game. IF Magnus was in there....who knows. We could at least try it. Jsut don't want to psych out Magnus on his first crack out of the box.
-------
I'll take a redo on this , a mulligan. IF, IF fusco starts, and hoyer plays 2 series with Donald sacking him, living in his backfiedl or he ends up on his back most of two series, then bring in Magnus. By that time fusco will ahve proved he can handle donald...or not. If not, bring on Magnus.
--------
If I'm Shanny, I just sit down with Hoyer and tell him to RELAX! Remind him that this is a 2 win team last year. While there are some expectations to improve, it's not like this team will be knocking on the door of the playoffs. Hoyer is in a no lose situation.

Playing the Rams should be the perfect bounce back game. They'll be bringing some heat with their front 4 no doubt but it's time for Hoyer to make some pre snap reads and deliver the ball with accuracy. No doubt Hoyer is playing tight and scared. RELAX RELAX RELAX!

This is a very winnable game but we'll need some production from Hoyer to pull it off.
-------
Shanahan has too much high expectations from Hoyer, so he's not going to tell him anything.

Just look at the playcalling. He's having him take a 5 step drop and hit people in between the numbers on deep intermediate routes like he's Matt Ryan. This is not something he's going to be able to do against good defenses. Think he's just going to go into the Rams game with the same mindset.
---------
The Rams need to be able to run the ball, despite a poor O-Line, to get their offense going. Shut down the run, and their offense should not score more than 17. If Rams score more than 17, embarrassing...

Which leads to the other issue, if we can finally score a TD. The Rams have been vulnerable against the run against some weak teams. Hyde should go over the century mark and we should run all over them.

We will know this week how good our coaches are. Win, and they are possibly competent. Lose and we got a bum staff.
---------
High of only 69° forecast for Thursday. People should actually stay in their seats this time.
--------
Yall really think we are going to lose this game?
huh.gif

We might just win it running Hyde and hiding Hoyer. Our defense is legit!

even Hoyer will able to find success after we start killing them with the run. Mainly because we are at home. His soft ass should be able to handle that.

Zero

Pro Bowler
the speculation that the 49ers FO essentially tricked the Rams into making a rush decision to hire McVay by feigning serious interest in McVay, kind of links our two teams in an odd way in my mind.
However it happened,I am so glad we hired McVay instead of Shanahan.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
People want Ray Ray memories?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

-----

Back on topic, this was kind of nice from the enemy:
“There was no reason to look at last year’s tape,” San Francisco defensive coordinator Robert Saleh said Tuesday when asked about preparing for Goff.

That’s because the Rams have an entirely new offensive system under first-year coach Sean McVay. It’s helped Goff evolve into a more competent quarterback than the 22-year-old rookie that couldn’t beat out Case Keenum to start against the 49ers in last year’s season opener.
Essentially, Saleh and his defense are preparing for Goff as if 2017 is his only season. There’s nothing to glean about Goff from watching former coordinator Rob Boras’ Rams offense from last year.
“I know the people who were here a year ago think he’s an improved quarterback and he’s got a great scheme attached to him,” Saleh said. “So, you can see the improvement.”
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017...e-preparing-for-jared-goff-like-hes-a-rookie/

BeefJurky

Rookie
I always wonder why so many 49er fans vehemently shit on Goff.
Like, shouldn't most of them be Cal fans? Why so salty?

I hope Goff shreds them up and our D is a brick wall for Hyde.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I loved the comment "McVay is just too young, too inexperienced"

Kyle Shanahan is 6 years his senior.

Kyle only has 4 years more coaching in the NFL, and 3 years as a position coach. And McVay ran Kyle's offense in Washington when Kyle was the OC.

So....

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always wonder why so many 49er fans vehemently crap on Goff.
Like, shouldn't most of them be Cal fans? Why so salty?

I hope Goff shreds them up and our D is a brick wall for Hyde.
there were rumblings IIRC that they wanted Goff

Rainram

Starter
I didn't say much about the Skins game because they made me nervous.

Hoyer??
They have no legit WRs
Their defense is decent in some facets, but they have to real pass rushers.
Their secondary is average, and less so without Reid.

I watched the Seahawk/Niner game and came away thinking less of Seattle, not more of SF.

I do think Gurley has a long day if they run him up the middle a ton.

But I'll lose my shit if the SF offense scores more than 12 or 13 points.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil