What 49ers fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not saying this merely because I detest the 49ers but they have the absolute worst websites. There's usually very little smack talk or interesting facts worth posting. So here goes with a thread that begins from the offseason and continues until today.

85787df355904beccc16e8cad7b2b011.jpg

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/184984-los-angeles-rams-thread/page27/

Los Angeles Rams thread

Rams have loaded up nicely.
--------
Rams gonna be good. They heavily upgraded on head coach and they have a load of talent. Only problem is that they should have gone with a better veteran QB and sat Goff until late this year or ready for next year.
---------
I Look forward to them beating Seattle two times a year
cool.gif

--------
Looking back on the 1st 17 picks (of the 2014 draft) and seeing the return the Rams got on their pick is hilarious.
---------
I think the Rams D is going to be REAL good due to their DC who imo is the very best 3-4 dc in the NFL (though I think he's got personality issues because despite always having dominant defenses he hasn't been able to stick for more than a few years at any one spot, and has actually been out of football for a season here and there), but I don't think they have the right HC or QB. McVay is gonna burn out Lane Kiffin style. Too young, too inexperienced, and likely to be real good for someone else

I personally think that our two teams have a LOT in common right now, but are also very different teams. The fact that Kiffin was reportedly a strong candidate for the 49ers job, and also the speculation that the 49ers FO essentially tricked the Rams into making a rush decision to hire McVay by feigning serious interest in McVay, kind of links our two teams in an odd way in my mind.

I think a lot of people have the Rams ahead in the rebuild process, but I think those people are probably wrong and the Rams are likely to continue to flounder. They have had really really bad drafts the last few years wasting a ton of draft capital by either giving up a ton of picks to move up for mediocre players (twice imo), or by wasting the capital gained by trading down on busts.

Either way I look forward to comparing our progress against theirs.
---------
If they've hit on Goff, they're one step closer to respectability than the 49ers.
---------
their DC is wade phillips
neutral.gif

---------
Yeah but I don't know where Aaron Donald will fit on a 3-4 defense.

Also, I've been watching All or Nothing and have to say I'm disappointed Jeff Fisher was fired. The guy is such an idiot that I think nearly anyone is an upgrade.
---------
Wade Philips runs a one gap 3-4 like his dad, Bum Philips. Donald will most likely not be two gapping. Wade will under/over shift his front to get Donald into a gap. Think of how JJ Watt did so much damage penetrating into the backfield.
---------
I'm kind of confused as to how the Rams will run the 3-4 as I don't think they've got the personnel for it outside of Donald but they didn't seem to address it in the draft so I assume they have a plan.
----------
Dickerson thinks the Rams should start Sean Manion over Jared Goff LOL
---------
The more video I see of McVay, especially video of him talking to the players, the more it becomes clear he's too young for the job. I like McVay for the obvious ties to the 49ers, but I think he's in over his head.

Nothing wrong per say, just comes off as young, inexperienced, yet has it all figured out. Maybe he'll be ok. We'll get to see 1st hand.
----------
Shanny gonna school his young azz
----------
Les Snead is a dead man walking
----------
Easly tore his ACL. That'll make our job a little easier when we go against them
----------
Wow Sammy Watkins
----------
Rams gonna Rams. Lets spend what is likely a high 2nd round pick on an ok player in the last year of his contract.....
--------
Mostly, Rams suck at drafting. Hence only 2 players even left from the RG3 trade. And, even worse picks than that.

I'll take a proven guy who just needs to be healthy over any Rams draft pick, no matter the round. (um, our last #1s were Bradford and Goff)

So, yes let's spend an idiot pick on a possible good player.
----------
Like I keep saying, the only risk on Watkins is injury.

If he stays healthy this trade is golden. If he gets hurt, it sucks.
-----------
He's either a FA at the end of the year, or the Rams tag him and spend a boatload on a player who is notoriously injured. Dumb dumb trade. They are essentially banking on that fact that he will want to resign with the team at the end of the year. That's a dumb risk with a high 2nd as compensation.

If he decides to walk, and they don;t tag him, they get a compensatory third in return, AT BEST. Swapping a high 2nd for a mid round pick for 1 year of Sammy Watkins? No effing thanks. If he was guaranteed to sign a new deal with the Rams as a condition of the trade then maybe, but that isn't the case.
---------
they sticking with those white/blue unis? Should go back to the old school yellow.

dickersonrams.jpg

--------
Rams white unis look dope.
--------
Still very early, but I had a feeling the Rams would be improved. Their coaching staff is much better.
-------
Goff gonna goff
----------
I hope he Goff's it up so we can score a defensive TD.
********************************************************************************
This next thread is 36 pages long and goes all the way back to when Jared Goff was drafted. We'll pick it up right before the beginning of this season.
**********************************************************************************
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/187130-jared-goff-officially-bust/page30/

Is Jared Goff officially a BUST?

Don't hold your breath. He hasn't shown me anything that leads me to believe he will have a solid sophomore season. Nothing last year and so far nothing through a few preseason games this year.
---------
He's just like Alex Smith. Will prob suck for 7 years until he gets a good coach.
---------
Goff looks Shaky for a starting QB. Even possum face Trubisky looks more confident.
---------
I hope he stays as the Rams starter for the 10 yrs. haha
--------
He had bust written all over him before he even got drafted. Dude wasn't even a winner in College
------
Why must we continue to believe winning is the #1 determining factor to how good a QB is?
-------
I watched every Cal game the last ten years. (Cal fan) Goff didnt do much his rookie year. He was frazzled at times in the pocket, made stupid decisions and just didn't have "it" but he came back his sophomore year and looked like a different QB.

In the second year his accuracy was on point, went through full progressions even while being under pressure most of the time. He ran the offense as it was designed. Ya, it was the bear raid but he made "wow" throws multiple times in most games. Threw with touch, anticipation and accuracy. Good deep ball. Great feel for the pocket. Great footwork.

There's a reason he went #1. A reason he was considered top 2 in the class. He has a lot of natural talent.

So what happened? Well, he was drafted by Jeff Fisher and thrown to the wolves. Atop of that I think it takes Goff time to adjust to new settings. Especially the jump to the NFL.

He's going to play better this year. Not top ten or maybe not even top 15 but he's going to do much better in a real offense with some weapons. I'll put $500 on that.
---------
Goff - labeled a bust after a couple years.
Alex Smith- gets 7 years to prove he's not a bust.

~9er Homers
---------
Goff is a project type qb. Won't know til next year. He started off slow in college also. Once he got it rolling, his accuracy was ridiculous. Gotta say, the odds are against him. But we'll see
---------
And it hasn't even been a couple of years for Goff. He's started 6 or 7 games, and he didn't even play his senior year in college. But let's call that a career.
headscratch.gif

---------
I think the Rams adding Watkins provides Goff with 2 WRs that now accentuate his strengths. Austin and Watkins will provide quicker horizontal looks for Goff. I just hope he gets comfortable with Watkins quickly and makes him the WR1 for my fantasy purposes only.
---------
If Watkins was healthy, sure he'd be a great fit for Goff. But I'm skeptical. Assuming Watkins is healthy, I'm guessing their WR stats look like:

Watkins - 60 catches 800 yards, 4 TDs
Woods - 50 catches 500 yards, 3 TDs
Austin - 60 catches, 700 yards, 6 TDs
Kupp - 50 catches, 700 yards, 5 TDs

Basically I expect Goff to spread it out and not really have a clear cut #1

Goff to throw for 3k - 3.5k yards, and 20-25 TDs
---------
FYI, 2015 Watkins caught 60 catches for 1,047. That was in BUF. Snow, snow, snow.
--------
They actually have a solid Receiving core on paper. If they stay healthy they can be pretty darn good, I just think Watkins gets hurt, Tavon Austin just may not be a reliable receiver and Cooper Kupp is still an unknown (although he looked good in preseason FWIW)
--------
he's not a bust yet.

I think though the Rams find someone else in a couple years.
They are on the upswing while Seattle is and SF are down.
-------
Considering what they gave up for Goff, he may very well go down as the biggest bust in NFL history. More like a downward spiral than an upswing lol
--------
The schedule sets up for him to get off to a fast start (bad defenses). If he doesn't......
--------
agree mcvay is that good coach

fisher is a slightly better version of singeltary imo
-------
Sep 10, 2017 - This forums gonna get awkward if he keeps playing like that.
--------
Although he was playing a AA team, all the goldfish calling him a bust will soon get their dishes of crow (but I doubt they'll come to eat it).

Goff will be a good to great QB.
--------
People were jumping the gun on him like crazy. He may never be a great QB but he has the coaching in place to be a good one.
--------
Not surprised after shedding noted QB guru and mediocrity king Jeff Fisher.
--------
Rams were very smart to get rid of Fisher. Now Goffs career is on an upward swing.
--------
Anyone still wants to give me crap about Goff? LOL.

Is all about coaching. Jeff Fisher couldn't coach to save his life. Is like Alex Smith was about done before Harbaugh got here and all of a sudden he was turned around.

It all points to McVay seems to be doing a pretty OK job so far.
--------
Makes me wonder if Vince Young would've developed if Fisher didn't f**k up his career?
---------
Goff will absolutely never live up to his draft status. Let alone trade compensation.
----------
Goff has shown he's more than capable of being a starter in the NFL and not just by this game. Denial seems pretty easy for you I guess.
--------
I've always thought he would be a good QB. Maybe this the beginning of it.
-------
Certainly the right path with McVay. I just hope Goff continues to improve that would be less competition for Cousins.
-------
Give the kid some time. He's one game into his second year. He played great yesterday so have some patience. Not every QB is gonna enter the league and light it up within their first year.
--------
Amazing what some coaching can do. Fisher has always been bad at developing QBs.
-------
He'll put up a HoF performance against us next Thursday.
---------
I know you guys love him...but he sucks! Rams will be waiting for the #1 QB to come out in hopes for that trade be justified and it's not going to happen.
---------
Sep 17, 2017 - Still a bust
---------
This "bust" is averaging 9.8 YPA in 2 games.

NFL fans are goldfish. So sick of being right all the time.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
speculation that the 49ers FO essentially tricked the Rams into making a rush decision to hire McVay by feigning serious interest in McVay,

worst forum but fuck me its the funniest

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was good for a laugh. Always conflicted laughing at their fans though, it's like picking on the short bus.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Made me curious to just see where Goff is sitting in the league right now. Go ahead and cruise over to NFL.com and look at the QB stats.

Like the last poster said 9.8 YPA, 11 passes over 20 yards (second in the league), over 250 yards a game.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am not saying ish. I won't start my 9er bashing til afterwards. Freaking tired of karma getting us.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Goff> Hoyer
Gurley> Hyde
Watkins>Garçon
Woods= Goodwin
Kupp> Robinson
Everett> Kittle
Whitworth> Staley
Saffold = Beadles
Sullivan<Kilgore
Brown= Fusco
Havenstein < Brown

Offensive advantage, Rams.

Westbrooks<Armstead
Brockers> Mitchell
Donald> Buckner
Quinn> Carradine
Barwin=Harold
Ogletree<Bowman
Barron<Foster
Tru>Robinson
Webster>Johnson
Joyner>Ward
Alexander= Tartt

Defensive advantage, Rams. Though more difficult with scheme differences.

Fuck the 9ers

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/9...ting-a-field-goal-for-thursday-night-football

49ers-Rams opening line, Week 3: San Francisco getting a field goal for Thursday Night Football
The 49ers are a home dog in Week 3.
by David Fucillo

The San Francisco 49ers just finished losing a close one to the Seattle Seahawks, but they have a quick turnaround for Week 3. The 49ers will host the Los Angeles Rams this week on Thursday Night Football.

The line is officially out for the game, and the 49ers are a three-point home underdog, according to our friends at Odds Shark. The Rams are coming off a 27-20 home loss to Washington. The Rams offense is showing signs of life under new head coach Sean McVay, but couldn’t get going consistently against Washington.

The Rams are 1-7-1 straight up in their last eight games at the 49ers. They are 5-11 against the spread in their last 16 road games against the 49ers. That doesn’t tell us a whole lot given the turnover for both teams this year, but it’s worth a note.

Last week, the Westgate Superbook offered up a look-ahead line for this game. That is an initial look to give people a base line for when the line opens. 49ers-Rams had a 2.5-point look-ahead line late last week prior to opening tonight. I’m a little surprised the 49ers better than expected loss in Seattle didn’t give them a little more love. I’m curious to see how the public bets on this one between now and Thursday.
--------
That's probably about all we are going to get
A field goal
---------
Seriously?
We faced great defenses these past 2 games. I think Hoyer, as bad as he is, can manhandle a defense Gabbert (of all people) beat 28-0.
---------
9ers win
17-13
---------
I'm confident the offense will open up a bit
We played some tough ass defenses the past 2 games. 20-16 win
-----------
Aaron Donald is gonna destroy our interior oline
honeymoon is over Laken… some peeps are gonna hate your guts after this game.
------------
Soooo
Aaron Donald is apparently greater than Seattle’s D-Line??? I think he did good enough against a better D-Line.
---------
Yes...
he is.
--------
The last time Donald played against the Niners
he got frustrated and the refs threw him out of the game
-------
i remember that game
Rams-9ers is going to be another knucklebuster. To win we need:
Good defense thru 4 quarters. (not 3)
At least a handful of big offensive or defensive plays for yards.
No more stupid penalties (here’s looking at you Ray-Ray)
Some luck. Yes, we’re that talent deprived that a ball bouncing in someone’s hands. An official whistling something dead on accident etc..
Stay aggressive in all phases.

If we do this we might be able to pull out a V against a pretty crappy Rams team.
---------
Take the points and bet on the Rams. No way we score more than 6 points.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I loved the comment "McVay is just too young, too inexperienced"

Kyle Shanahan is 6 years his senior.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Should be a fun game, I hope. Beating them will have some nice confidence and a good rest going into Dallas

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Right after Ray Ray got the boot and signed with another team (Raiders) didn't he tackle his own teammate against us?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
We better not sleep on this niner team. There front 7 is good enough to give us some trouble. Russel Wilson improvised a lot for the Seahawks offense (surprise?)

Carlos can run the football and you best believe they are going to have a good game plan ready. Kyle did a good job of keeping the Seahawks defense off balance.

The niners have a pretty solid special teams unit.

We cannot sleep on this team. We need to come to play disciplined football and execute a well thought out game plan.

Could this be Sammy or Tavon's break out games?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We better not sleep on this niner team. There front 7 is good enough to give us some trouble. Russel Wilson improvised a lot for the Seahawks offense (surprise?)

Carlos can run the football and you best believe they are going to have a good game plan ready. Kyle did a good job of keeping the Seahawks defense off balance.

The niners have a pretty solid special teams unit.

We cannot sleep on this team. We need to come to play disciplined football and execute a well thought out game plan.

Could this be Sammy or Tavon's break out games?

We're in no position to "sleep" on any team. Shut down the run game first(and after what we witnessed Sunday that will be a tall order). Put the offense on Hoyer's shoulders and let's have some more sacks and pick 6's.

The 49ers front seven is the strength of their team. McVay must have a solid game plan to minimize pressure on Goff. Safety Eric Reid is out for this game, so if Goff gets enough time in the pocket he might connect on some bombs to Watkins.

This game, while insignificant to the rest of the NFL and maybe most viewers, is huge for the Rams. It's not only a must-win but a game in which we should dominate in all three phases to make the point that the Rams are ascending.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would love to go on the 49er Web site and have a Battle-of-whit's with them, But I don't pick on Defenseless people!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Is Jared Goff officially a BUST?

Don't hold your breath. He hasn't shown me anything that leads me to believe he will have a solid sophomore season. Nothing last year and so far nothing through a few preseason games this year.

Thankfully, teams don't make decisions on players if they don't "show anything" to internet fans.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Its amazing how an 0-2 fan base believes that the 1-1 Rams who have scored more 66 points in two games are going to lose to a team that hasn't scored a total of 20 points in two games. And has all kinds of crazy excuses that our HC is too young and Goff is a bust. OH well gotta go beat them Thursday to shut there mouths up