Vote Hill or Davis and sound off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Starting QB after the bye week?

• Shaun Hill

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Austin Davis

Votes: 129 88.4%

• Total voters

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Hill might be rusty, Davis will not. Davis is improving and showing no signs of slowing down any time soon. Weak arm? Shouldve had 4 touchdown passes, when did Bradford ever have that many? Whats wrong with our coaching staffs decsision making?

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I have a feeling that Hill's supposed injury with continue to bother him and the coaches will decide to "play it safe and start Davis." This way they won't look like they're wrong, but they also won't be throwing Hill under the bus by publicly stating that Davis has beat him out.

In all reality I can't imagine that Hill is injured to the extent that he can't play. I think we'll see Davis continue to play. It just makes more sense. We need to see what we have in him anyway because we're gonna need a QB in the long term anyway. Let him play a few more games and see if he's going to be worth keeping.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
The vote is a landslide. Davis had a very nice game yesterday against the Cowboys.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Even if were close on ability.....Davis knows the playbook inside and out....He has a High IQ. The more he works with the 1s...the better he will get.

moklerman

Warner-phile
6 votes for Hill? I understand if one is not sold on Davis but what has Hill done as a Ram that warrants starting him?

Athos

Legend
I don't particularly care about veteran status. I care about some fire, passion, improvising fun. Without Bradford, and the way this D is playing we aren't going to the SB at this rate. Probably not the playoffs either, though I'll eat crow gladly if we do.

Davis has added some zing and entertainment to the offense. I don't blame that poor pick 6 against the Vikings on him. That game was lost before it began.

So we have two games to go on. He's moved the ball each time, many despite in spite of cross negligence by officials or piss poor play (cough, Wells, cough, and defense).

In my eyes, this is his team and he's earned it. Roll the dice. See what he can do against teams in the division. Nothing to lose imo.

Hill hasn't earned it or not earned. But I just can't fathom benching a player who hasn't played poorly. If the D does it's job, the game plan doesn't go pass happy and we remain in that well balanced run/pass strategy and avoid those picks imo.

And hell, he has a bye week to further improve and work on things and study his past mistakes and another week for Robinson to hopefully get up to speed to help protections.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Davis...because he's not a spark to this team, he's a torch. He's fiery and has confidence. He has plenty of growing pains to go through (first interception) but I like the way he handles the game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
After the bye week we have a very tough stretch of games.
If Hill starts and loses, Fisher will be second guessed.
If Davis starts and loses?

I like what Davis has done. He has shown that he can play in this league and has earned a future.

I also would like to see Hill. He was head and shoulders above Davis and Gilbert early on. He may or may not be the better qb. I truly don't know at this point.

With that said. I chose Davis. The kid is fun to watch. He's tough and makes plays.

I'm just happy we're not talking about Keenum and going into the bye at 0-3.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I have a feeling that Hill's supposed injury with continue to bother him and the coaches will decide to "play it safe and start Davis." This way they won't look like they're wrong, but they also won't be throwing Hill under the bus by publicly stating that Davis has beat him out.

In all reality I can't imagine that Hill is injured to the extent that he can't play. I think we'll see Davis continue to play. It just makes more sense. We need to see what we have in him anyway because we're gonna need a QB in the long term anyway. Let him play a few more games and see if he's going to be worth keeping.
I'm not totally convinced he was injured at all. It is a good cover story. :tin foil hat:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Yeah, how'd that work out for us long-term?
Well, I'd say. Bulger was a damned good QB for a few years where Warner was not. Had we stuck with Warner, we would have had the lesser QB for long enough that someone would come along and give Bulger starter money.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think you ride Davis. Although I am intrigued by Hill still, I think Davis has earned the starter role. He's played very well, which has been more than a pleasant surprise.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
6 votes for Hill? I understand if one is not sold on Davis but what has Hill done as a Ram that warrants starting him?

Hill wasn't playing too bad in the only half-game of the season he's played in so far. The offense was moving the ball just fine with him, and that was with the OL not being close to gelled yet.

The fact that so many (myself included) are calling on Davis to be the starter now isn't a negative reflection on Hill - it's a positive reflection on Davis and what he has done with the opportunity he's received.

I was just hoping Davis would be adequate when it was announced he'd be starting. He's been a lot better than adequate, and that's why we're having this conversation.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Fisher is being very pigheaded if he thinks Hill should start. I understand his loyalty and that he doesn't want to turn back on what he's said, but he would be respected more as a coach if he came out and said "I was wrong and we're going to start Austin Davis. We feel like he gives us the best chance to win". Because anybody can see that he does. I hope he realizes this before the Philly game in a couple weeks, because as much as I like Hill, Austin Davis has earned that starting role. He's 1st in the league in completion percentage, 5th in yards per attempt, 9th in yards etc. He's playing extraordinarily well.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Seriously for those that voted Hill, what does AD have to do for him to earn the starting spot 500 yards 5 td's?? Literally no one helped Davis out yesterday, the OL was giving up wayyy to much pressure for a QB with only 1 start under his belt. How about that Jared Cook drop that would of sent it to OT at the least, not only that but the call on the 4th & 1 in FG range, they call a pulling guard run when you need less than a yard, which opened the gap for the linebacker to make the stop... Don't get the logic whatsoever on that one other than that Schotty called a good game but dear god our defense or.. "sack city" was so awful except for the JJ pick six. I was hoping losing Bradford would give our whole team a fire, but they seem demoralized and unprepared except for Austin Davis, when Sam went down he almost got a twinkle in his eye knowing this might be his one opportunity at being a starting QB in this league and is making the most of it. The kid is a baller and I highly doubt Hill even plays as good as him, let alone better.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Davis is our QB, he should of had 4 TD's today.

Wells lost the game
Cook lost the game
Bad coaching lost the game, ( should of taken the 3 points)
And our Def lost the game

Davis did everything he could to win this game and to be named Starter.

Cook CRUSHED it yesterday. In no way could he be said to have lost the game. My god man, he had some great catches!

If you have a source saying that was Wells' fault, I would like to see it.

The defense made mistakes and they were also just plain beat by star players but overall, they played well and got screwed on some calls.

bskrilla

Starter
I voted Davis, but barely. To be completely honest I'm not sure it matters who starts. I think QB play is low on the list of things that will win games for this football team. I mean today was a pretty clear example. Davis has a line that reads like a winning QB line on most days, but we lost. Why? Defense, penalties, coaching decisions, dropped pass, officials, etc.

I do warn everyone to temper there expectations on Davis a touch. He's playing very well, but Tampa and Dallas are far from world-beaters or even above average defensive teams. Could Hill have done as well or better? We'll never know.

All that being said I think you kinda have to start Davis until something goes really wrong. He's 1-1 and was well on his way to being 2-0 until things outside of his control (obviously apart from the pick 6) blew up.

Schmitzer

UDFA
We've not seen this many sustained drives in a long time. This is normal QB play, but let's not get too excited - he's not lighting the world on fire.

I'd pick Davis for one reason only - he has played well enough to make you wonder if he can handle the job next year. If so, could save a first round draft pick...