Vote Hill or Davis and sound off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Starting QB after the bye week?

• Shaun Hill

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Austin Davis

Votes: 129 88.4%

• Total voters

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Who should be the starting QB here? I think the answer is obvious who gives us a better chance to win.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
With Hill clapping when Cook shove Davis, I can't help but feel like the locker room is starting to seem divided. Unless Fish is stating Hill is the starter to throw off our opponents, he is making a dumb ass mistake.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not gonna post some long, drawn out speech. I'll keep it simple.

You start Davis because chances are very good that Hill isn't any better than what we saw from Davis today...and the younger QB with some upside is the smarter decision.

If anyone truly thinks that Shaun Hill is a better QB than what we saw from Davis today then thats fine. Go back to Hill. I can respect that...i just don't believe thats the case. :)

paceram

Pro Bowler
Do you think Jeff Fisher will consider this Poll when he makes his QB decision? OK - I know he won't but it would be nice to see Davis get the nod for the rest of this season!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
i
Not gonna post some long, drawn out speech. I'll keep it simple.

You start Davis because chances are very good that Hill isn't any better than what we saw from Davis today...and the younger QB with some upside is the smarter decision.

If anyone truly thinks that Shaun Hill is a better QB than what we saw from Davis today then thats fine. Go back to Hill. I can respect that...i just don't believe thats the case. :)
In addition to "what can you do for me this season" there is the consideration of the future. Hill is not the future. I'm not convinced hes the present either. I know he played well in 2010 or whatever but come on. He's average at best. Davis might be better now and could be the future. Theres only one way to find out. He's earned the starter role.

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's a wash to be honest.

Oh, and Hill wasn't clapping about the fight. You can clearly see he was clapping before the push.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Davis needs to start.. I don't remember Bradford ever throwing it to so many receivers. Anyhow, can't wait to see what he does with Tavon in there.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Davis is our QB, he should of had 4 TD's today.

Wells lost the game
Cook lost the game
Bad coaching lost the game, ( should of taken the 3 points)
And our Def lost the game

Davis did everything he could to win this game and to be named Starter.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
It's a wash to be honest.

Oh, and Hill wasn't clapping about the fight. You can clearly see he was clapping before the push.
Maybe not about the fight, but there sure wasn't anything to be clapping over anyways before that still leads me to wonder if he's cheering for AD not getting the TD so he gets his job back, hope i'm wrong...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When Davis is in the offense sustains drives. For that reason alone he's our best QB, plain and simple. He's been doing it from the preseason on, and in two games now where he has gotten the prep snaps for the opponent.

Leave him in there and see how good he can get. We all assume he's gonna get worse when facing better defenses but the kid might actually improve as he sees more live action and gets more experience.

moklerman

Warner-phile
As was already posted, this shouldn't even be a question.

If Fisher doesn't give the kid a full two weeks of practice and all the starter's reps and the start...I don't even know what I'll think.

goldenram

UDFA
Davis, without a doubt. He is a Team leader and motivator that brings a winning attitude to a needy Team and Fan base. Believe he has far more of an upside than Hill and can only think that Fish, Schotty, and Cignetti if watching te same film, will see the same....

moklerman

Warner-phile
He hasn't been perfect but he hasn't been insulated either. It isn't like he's running the 2010 Pat Shurmur offense and he basically isn't making mistakes. I've seen two bad decisions from him but the good is far outweighing the bad at this point and when you consider he basically didn't get a preseason with the starters and these are his first two starts, there's no good reason not to keep playing him.

I can't help but go back to his decision-making and accuracy. When you couple that with how aggressive he's been, I continue to be excited about his prospects.

I wonder how well he'll be doing once he learns all of his receivers and gets on the same page with them in terms of seeing the defense and anticipating routes.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Im calling it now... Shaun hill has an account on this forum and has been lurking. Ask me how I know.....???

Because he voted for himself

Rambition

Rookie
not to be evasive or anything, but i think i'll just go with whatever fisher decides on this.

and as someone else said in another thread...i have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of both of them before the season is over.