Vote Hill or Davis and sound off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Starting QB after the bye week?

• Shaun Hill

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Austin Davis

Votes: 129 88.4%

• Total voters

ShaneFalco

Davis is a risk taker like Favre.

yes he will throw some Ints. But he throws up the ball giviing the WR an opportunity in 1 on 1 coverage regardless if they are open or not. Not many QBs do it, but i like the ones that do.

Im amazed at how far he has come in a few games.

With that said, no one has tape on Davis really, people have 13 years of tape on Hill. Given that he didnt play every year, but he has been around the league, and people know how he plays. So that works in Davis favor. I want to see how he deals with it, when they do have tape on him. That will be really what matters if he can sustain being a starter or not.

I think he can, and will do great. Ive liked the kid since he was given a spot on the rams. I for one, am glad that the Rams have a QB that resembles somewhat of a future here.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Davis - and there's no question, I think the guy has some serious up-side - we just need our stellar defence and 'SackCity' to turn up...

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm not sure he's our long term option at QB, but for the rest of this season, Davies is the man.

Next year, draft a QB in the 1st, keep Davies as the back up

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted Davis. Despite the two poor interceptions yesterday he's fun to watch and we might as well see what he's got.

I get the loyalty card to Hill, but was the backup coming into this season to begin with.

In the end; I suspect Fisher goes with Hill.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Davis has shown enough - Let the man have a shot and who knows? He reminds me a bit of Andy Dalton - now that he's getting game time, I'd expect his decision making to continue to improve

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The first Int was on Davis but the second was a desperation time throw that shouldn't count. Davis has shown more than enough to keep the job and if Fisher goes with Hill I think that it could cost him his job at the end of the season.
They are on the verge of losing the fan base and they desperately need someone to bring some excitement to the dome. That is Davis.

TexasRam

Legend
Im calling it now... Shaun hill has an account on this forum and has been lurking. Ask me how I know.....???

Because he voted for himself
Actually that was Hill's mom Betsy that voted. Even Shaun hill won't vote for Shaun Hill.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I voted Davis. I like Hill, but Davis may have the hotter hand and is only going to get better by getting more reps with the 1s.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Davis, without question. Had we decided to run the ball more once we were up, Davis wouldn't have had to throw 42 passes, and possibly not those picks. He's a young qb, all qb's make mistakes, it's going to happen. If Fisher thinks Hill gives the team a better chance to win he must be Brady or Rodgers. I hope Fisher decides it is Davis' job next week. I hope that if Fisher does give Hill the job, it's because he is the better option, and not because "a player cannot lose his job to injury" or not wanting to cause a stir. It's poor decisions like that that will get you fired.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe not about the fight, but there sure wasn't anything to be clapping over anyways before that still leads me to wonder if he's cheering for AD not getting the TD so he gets his job back, hope i'm wrong...
More likely hes saying dont worry guys were still in this. If you've ever been on a sports team you would know you don't cheer when your team does poorly and expect to be accepted by your teammates....

Big Game

Living The Dream
Davis should be the starter and its no even close. The kid makes good reads throws a pretty decent ball and gives it his all out there. He put a lot of his passes on the money and if it wasn't for a TD drop and some suspect calls, along with the defense just giving up too many 3rd and long plays. The Rams win that game easily.

But if they go back to Shawn Hill believe me you will not see the same offensive production we have seen out of Davis.

AZRamsFan93

not to be evasive or anything, but i think i'll just go with whatever fisher decides on this.

and as someone else said in another thread...i have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of both of them before the season is over.
I thought Fisher didn't like QB controversies? Playing both would the definition of that.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I don't care honestly. Hill is the better QB, but Davis brings the fire, the mobility, and potential.

I won't be upset no matter who is starting in Week 5.

AZRamsFan93

Davis all the way. If Fisher starts Hill he had better win the game.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Davis has done nothing to lose the job. I understand the philosophy of 'you don't lose your job to injury,' but Warner did, so...
That said, I do still think Hill is the better QB. I just think you ride the hot hand, and Davis has shown to be nothing if not a capable NFL passer.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
After yesterday, I'm convinced it's got to be Davis. It doesn't look at all like they've limited the playbook with him in there, and he's done a great job of spreading the ball around. He has above-average mobility which allows him to buy time with his feet if necessary. The team responds to him.

All those are good. But one other thing I really like about him is that in both weeks he's started, he's had to make a drive late in the game to keep us competitive or win. And he's done it with absolute ice in his veins both times. For a guy making his first and second starts, that bodes pretty well.

I'm far from ready to say he's a long-term answer at the position, but he's earned his shot and he should get as many reps as we can give him in live game action. If nothing else, we could end up with a very high quality backup QB for a while. Then again, maybe Stranger was right :)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Whatever Fisher says,I trust his knowledge over mine and anyone elses.

Can we give a little credit to the OC, BTW the plays called for not locking on one rec. avis threw the ball pretty well where Shotty called for,IMO he's done a masterful job keeping the kid playing well