Vent thread: Rams @ Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Impossible for me to see the Rams ever winning a playoff game with Foles much less make a run at the trophy. Wouldn't bother me at all to see what else we have, including Mannion. Just a laughable performance by Foles today, don't care what the circumstances were.

No way to Mannion. I'd rather see Keenum than Mannion but neither offers us more than Foles. Which is sad. I wish we could have traded for Glennon this past off-season. I think he's better than Foles.

Shuie3225

Starter
Dude, give it up, Foles ain't going anywhere, period, end of story.

You're defending the guy to the death. Even if he's the best we currently have... Hes still garbage. We cannot expect to compete for a title with this guy. If you think he's the answer moving forward you need to learn how to evaluate QBs.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Why should we get a substantially better QB? So we can pay him accordingly (good QBs do not come cheap.... there is a reason FOles is on a cheap deal), use up cap space we need to sign other players, continue to run an offense that does not need more than average QB play to function, and give him such a poor o-line and mediocre WRs that even Rodgers would not look special? No QB looks good under pressure all game. They might some more plays than Foles is currently providing. But if they are constantly harassed they still won't deliver much. Look what we did to Rodgers in GB.

This team is too firmly committed to running the football to turn back now. It is not the prettiest but you can win with this method. Seattle did it. San Fran probably should have when they were peaked. And Carolina is looking as good as anyone this year. The best path for this team is to continue to improve the o-line and WRs around the QB.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i would say take your own advice and rewatch the game going into it without any preconcieved notions about Foles play.
I don't I love my team and anyone that plays for them.i want them all to shine but when I see passes to wide open receivers go out of bounds or when I see a pa pass not going to Britt when he is wide open that's when I say Foles suck. Any time foles make a good play I let it be known, I don't like him as a qb but since he is on the RAMS I want him to perform and he hasn't at ALL..

tonyl711

Starter
That wasn't a touchdown that was just gonna be a catch lol he had to stop come back for the ball and jump he dropped the ball lol but how many plays did Austin make how many has foles made..LOL
lol, the defender fell down, he catches it he walks in.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Play Case Keenum!

Our passing attack is freaking WORSE than it was with Davis and Hill. How is that even possible with a back like Gurley? With the way our o-line played last year....o-line blocking is a bit of a wash. Long and Wells and Joseph were garbage.

Davis and Hill combined for 3600 yards and 20 TDs.

Foles is on pace for under 3K and 16TDs.

HOW. IS. THAT. POSSIBLE?!?

:mad::mad::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue:
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Worse. Passing Attack....in the NFL.

Before the season. Thought that there was no possible way that the Rams offense wouldn't be better than last year. This three play high school offense is no longer working. Any defense capable of playing there assignments can defend it.

swmizzou83

Starter
but isnt it also true that with better WR and Oline play it would make a huge difference too? Foles is far from the only problem on O.
Obviously but those are impossible to fix right now. No reason not to give Keenum an opportunity

tonyl711

Starter
I don't I love my team and anyone that plays for them.i want them all to shine but when I see passes to wide open receivers go out of bounds or when I see a pa pass not going to Britt when he is wide open that's when I say Foles suck. Any time foles make a good play I let it be known, I don't like him as a qb but since he is on the RAMS I want him to perform and he hasn't at ALL..
and niether has his WRs or Oline.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm angry after that loss, but after 10 minutes smarting, the way I think now is... We should never have been near to winning that game anyway.
Had Teddy not been taken out by a crazy late hit (fine expected btw) he would have marched the Vikings to victory anyway. We had no pass rush with Chris and Quinn on the bench,
It's a tough loss but at least now we can all temper our expectations and realise that this team will be going no-where untill we upgrade at QB and WR, possibly TE as well.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Biggest thing to me though is the conservative play calling and playing not to lose. This is Fisher's M.O. The Rams will never be a perennial playoff contender under him. The only reason I have not been calling for him to be fired is because they're still alive for the playoffs at this point. When the time comes where they're eliminated from contention, the decision should be made that he will not be back next year. There's no excuse for this anymore. They're too predictable. Always running on first down. I was screaming for a play action pass on that last drive where they tied the game. But instead they just kept running. Then in overtime they did the same crap. Run on first down, pass to the line of scrimmage on 2nd, check down on 3rd. His philosophy is in the dark ages. A great defense is being wasted.

>>The Rams will never be a perennial playoff contender under him.<<

Exactly right.....

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think we are all learning that he's a system QB. We thought he would play well in our PA offense, but we might be ruining him. He doesn't ever look comfortable.

TheBunk

Rookie
Draft the best WR on the board. That's our only hope. No way we can rely on two players to score every one of our points.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
You're defending the guy to the death. Even if he's the best we currently have... Hes still garbage. We cannot expect to compete for a title with this guy. If you think he's the answer moving forward you need to learn how to evaluate QBs.
Never said he is the answer, smart guy. Go back and read my posts and find where I said that. I said HE'S THE BEST OPTION WE HAVE. Had to put it in caps so you can see.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
You can't be serious, not at 4-4 and still in the playoff hunt.
He's serious. The major reason we've lost 4 is FOLES. THAT'S WHY you make the switch now to Keenum to at least try and stop the bleeding.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
IIRC, we are in the top half of the league in PASS PRO. So that doesn't really translate to being 2nd or 3rd from last in passing.