Vent thread: Rams @ Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I'm angry after that loss, but after 10 minutes smarting, the way I think now is... We should never have been near to winning that game anyway.
Had Teddy not been taken out by a crazy late hit (fine expected btw) he would have marched the Vikings to victory anyway. We had no pass rush with Chris and Quinn on the bench,
It's a tough loss but at least now we can all temper our expectations and realise that this team will be going no-where untill we upgrade at QB and WR, possibly TE as well.

I completely disagree, this game was entirely winnable.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
He struggles with simple timing routes.

Here is what Foles needs: a clean pocket, and his first option coming open. Unfortunately, that is hardly the ever the case in the NFL. If he doesn't have those two things, there's about 90% chance the pass will be incomplete.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol, the defender fell down, he catches it he walks in.
Maybe it the throw was thrown in stride lol he was tackled as soon as he jump and put his hands on the ball, that's the problem with Foles he floats balls so the defense can make a play

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Never said he is the answer, smart guy. Go back and read my posts and find where I said that. I said HE'S THE BEST OPTION WE HAVE. Had to put it in caps so you can see.

I'll believe that when I see the other guys get a shot.

In the meantime, the grass does indeed look greener on the other side.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Playoff Picture:
E - Giants (4-4)
N - Packers (6-2)
S - Panthers (8-0)
W - Cardinals (6-2)
WC - Falcons (6-2)
WC - Vikings (6-2)

We might as well switch things up. I think we're the first team that's on the outside looking in but we've dug ourselves a mighty big hole. With games against the Bears and the Ravens, I think one of those games would be a good time to throw Mannion or Keenum in and see what our options are.

swmizzou83

Starter
Never said he is the answer, smart guy. Go back and read my posts and find where I said that. I said HE'S THE BEST OPTION WE HAVE. Had to put it in caps so you can see.
You keep saying but have yet to explain how he is the best option.

Big Willie

Starter
Even I could figure out what plays were going to be called as we kept doing the same things with Austin and Gurley. Cooks needs to go. G Rob is still bad. Foles not much better. Tavon drops one that could have been a touchdown. The OL was bad. Too many penalties again. Joiner should be fined and suspended for that cheap shot. I knew Zuerlein was going to miss that kick, cause he has a tendency to fold under pressure.
But that's what this team has done to us for years...get our hopes up and consistently come up short.

Not the end of the season....but it still feels like it today.
Still, we a had a chance to win by simply making plays.

swmizzou83

Starter
I'll believe that when I see the other guys get a shot.

In the meantime, the grass does indeed look greener on the other side.
Exactly. If Keenum would come in and play worse then yo go back to Foles. Impossible to know until you try.

mst1981

Rookie
If Foles was the only issue then I'd say give Keenum a shot. Sadly, our QB, O-line and receivers are ALL sub-par. Gurley is great but can't do it on his own.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
You guys have a pretty good team. I don't think Foles is the answer at QB however. And you need someone else beside Austin and Gurley to step up. You just won't win that way.

BTW, how did you like our over rated defense?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I don't understand the aversion to passing the ball. Yes, our o-line/WR/QB are nothing special. But every other team in the NFL - including those in worse shape than the Rams at those three positions - throws the rock. Figure a way to design schemes to make it work. Because with a two man offense we are going nowhere fast.

Britt looked good today. Why not design a play to give him a chance to show his stuff on something other than play action? I know the o-line sucks. Just get the ball out quickly. Everyone else does it.

Brian Quick was looking good last season before injury. You think he just suddenly forgot how to play football? Run-first does not mean run-only.

No excuse to have a worse passing attack that last year. Gurley and Austin's emergence should be opening things up.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Dude, give it up, Foles ain't going anywhere, period, end of story.
He's correct. Foles needs to sit on the bench and Keenum should get a shot. Foles is losing games for us.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
our QB, O-line and receivers are ALL sub-par. Gurley is great but can't do it on his own.

Our o-line is fine. They are pass protecting well enough for us to make the playoffs. We've seen open receivers too, they are just being over thrown. Or there's a communication break down.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If Foles was the only issue then I'd say give Keenum a shot. Sadly, our QB, O-line and receivers are ALL sub-par. Gurley is great but can't do it on his own.
Not at all, our o-line played pretty well today, our receivers were open all over the field.

Foles was just leaving plays on the field, did you see him pull a Kaep and completely miss Britt open down field? Or over throw an open Quick? Our guys are consistently getting open, it's time to stop blaming them for Foles' mediocre play.