Vent thread: Rams @ Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You don't think we were out coached, Selassie? Seriously?

We took a 5 point lead into the second half, then manage only 3 points in the final minute of regulation.

And you can't concede that the Vikings staff made better adjustments?

With Foles, Britt, Austin, Gurley, and Bailey we manage only 3 damned points? Are you KIDDING me?

Zimmer and his coaching staff have OWNED Fisher and his coaching staff for the past 2 years.

And that's after spotting Fisher 19 years of HC experience! Gawd!

"Owned"

The game was decided by 3 in Overtime on Sunday. That is far from Owned in my book.

Not sure about your playing background, but try throwing an NFL football into those kind of wind gusts and tell me how accurate you can be. Don't worry about trying to kick into it.

Both teams looked like they played the same game to me.

Viqueens were at home. Lucked out on the coin toss in OT... took the wind and barely won the game. The team that won the option of choosing after the coin toss in OT was going to win that game. That's what I saw.

Thought I made that pretty clear in my previous post.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Yeah, not true. Seriously, unfair. Cook, 3rd down, right in his hands. Britt had 87 yards on 3 receptions, not 1. Several throws while he's being hit. 20 MPH wind.

Tavon Austin didn't have anyone beat, they forgot to cover him. He then came back AND had to jump. What does that tell you?

He also didn't throw an INT and avoided sacks and fumbles despite being chased, hit, and harassed all game. Not a good game, he made enough mistakes for criticism, but come on.

If Cook alone catches his passes that is probably a win. Has any QB taken more hits than Foles?
So you are saying he was good? I stand by what I said. He was awful and hasn't shown me crap all year. He needs to step on days like Sunday and didn't. It's not just him, but he's the leader of the offense and we need him to start making some plays.

RAMBUSH

Starter
G
Why should we get a substantially better QB? So we can pay him accordingly (good QBs do not come cheap.... there is a reason FOles is on a cheap deal), use up cap space we need to sign other players, continue to run an offense that does not need more than average QB play to function, and give him such a poor o-line and mediocre WRs that even Rodgers would not look special? No QB looks good under pressure all game. They might some more plays than Foles is currently providing. But if they are constantly harassed they still won't deliver much. Look what we did to Rodgers in GB.

This team is too firmly committed to running the football to turn back now. It is not the prettiest but you can win with this method. Seattle did it. San Fran probably should have when they were peaked. And Carolina is looking as good as anyone this year. The best path for this team is to continue to improve the o-line and WRs around the QB.
God were in trouble , maybe the most sensible post I seen comes from Canada . Lol !

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
"Owned"

The game was decided by 3 in Overtime on Sunday. That is far from Owned in my book.

Not sure about your playing background, but try throwing an NFL football into those kind of wind gusts and tell me how accurate you can be. Don't worry about trying to kick into it.

Both teams looked like they played the same game to me.

Viqueens were at home. Lucked out on the coin toss in OT... took the wind and barely won the game. The team that won the option of choosing after the coin toss in OT was going to win that game. That's what I saw.

Thought I made that pretty clear in my previous post.

The counterpoint is; how did we end up going to OT in the first place?

If we were neutral observers this game was a "good watch" and close battle. Either team could have won.

Me; I don't know what we need to do to fix the offense... But we need to figure that out for a realistic playoff run. That's on Fisher.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So you are saying he was good? I stand by what I said. He was awful and hasn't shown me crap all year. He needs to step on days like Sunday and didn't. It's not just him, but he's the leader of the offense and we need him to start making some plays.

No, I'm saying when we have a line that is even decent and when the receivers stop dropping passes like they are allergic to footballs, then we can fairly judge his play. Right now, Foles is playing well enough to win most games even with the constant pressure. Imagine his numbers if the Rams weren't blowing 3rd down passes time after time. Imagine if those many many drives continue instead of stopping.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
The game was tied at the end of regulation. A large number of our starters were sidelined due to injuries. We were on the Road playing in horrible wind conditions.

The game was decided in overtime by a field goal... and a huge part of the winning "stradegy" that ultimately determined the outcome was the freaking coin toss at the beginning of OT. That's were the viqueens grabbed the wind at their back and won the game.

"Out coached"... Please...

#hindsight
When I grow older, I want to be as wise as you master.:bow:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
nope....just nope...

yesterday was just confirmation...the first play of the game...the constant wr reverse to Tavon...and his silly "kill-kill-kill" audibles into even worse plays...the late throws, and inaccuracy I'd already noticed...either he doesn't understand the WCO and doesn't know the players strengths, or he's scared....I can't be sure...he's helped lose 3 of our 4 losses...

Sad, but 100% true regarding Nick Foles.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Me; I don't know what we need to do to fix the offense... But we need to figure that out for a realistic playoff run. That's on Fisher.
I agree. No matter how you slice it, our offense was not one that would convincingly win any game. That needs to change to have a team that can win in the playoffs - or make it there for that matter. I still have that hope and given a play or two, we win that game. But that gets old too. I would like to see some games where we stop having to say that. I can handle losing to good teams. I just didn't see that happen Sunday. I didn't see a good team beat us. I saw us lose a game we should have won.

All that said, GO RAMS!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You know, some of these critiques are fair up to a point, but overall, I don't have a huge problem with the defensive performance on Sunday. They still managed to hold them to two TD's on their own home field despite missing several of their best players. The penalties were frustrating, I agree.

Still, it wasn't our D that lost this game for us. It was the offense, specifically, the pass offense upon who this loss should be squarely pinned. One can make an argument the D made at least a competent effort, but nobody can say that about the pass offense.

Specifically what I am referring to is not accounting for Bridgewaters scrambling. It was all of the difference in this game. He was able to keep drives alive and avoid pressure. That one factor gave away the game. If they could have contained him and even moreso sacked him they don't score even one TD.

Don't let this make you think that I give the Offense a pass. The offense is bad, and it is what it is. Without stellar defensive play this team goes nowhere. Lean on the best unit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry train - this just appears to be another vent thread. Discussing plays and why a certain QB might make a better option is one thing but I just don't see the need for a thread that essentially calls out our QB. I agree that he played poorly as did our entire offense. I'm merging it.