Vent thread: Rams @ Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Our only chance of getting into the Playoffs is winning our division.

We WILL NOT be getting a wild card. Now, this team was beat up today. Long, Quinn, Havenstein, TJ McDonald... but we had a shot. That is encouraging, but what isn't encouraging is watching a Frank Cignetti call a terrible game. Running STRAIGT UP THE MIDDLE while staring at a base 4-3 and they are NOT looking for ANYTHING but a run is something Brian "suck ass" Schotemheimer use to do. I don't know what his problem with Britt and Quick is, but it's pretty damn alarming at this point.

I know Foles was getting murdered out there, but freak... I'm not sure there'd be a drop off with Keenum.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher going for 2 in the 1st quarter. Nobody will ever explain that to me satisfactorily enough to not say that cost us the game!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't have much to say. We needed that game.

Defense didn't play up to its ability. But that's not surprising without so many players.

Offense is just a constant problem. Foles is not good. He's one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Austin and Gurley are all we have right now.

And Fisher continues to play too conservatively. Drives me crazy.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We need a true #1 WR
We need a QB that can make throws consistently. The guy we have looks nothing like the 27TD-2INT guy in Philly.
Cignetti came out with a good game plan, but he failed to make adjustments in the 2nd half. Stop running the same plays into the ground. Any defense is going to catch on eventually.
This team should could be 6-2 or 7-1 if we had any kind of consistent offense.
But we don't so we're 4-4.
Tough to swallow when a team doesn't do much against you and still wins.
So frustrating to watch.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Foles is terrible, Fisher and the rest of the coaching staff need to be fired, and we desperately need two wide receivers next year to take pressure off of Gurley and Austin.

But my fucking fate, the clown who reffed today is worse than Boger and Tripplett combined.

tonyl711

Starter
unreal, you all realize that our Oline and our WRs are not very good right? did Foles drop that long pass to TA? does he have any time when he goes back to pass? not saying Foles is blameless but he is not as bad as his Oline and WRs make him look.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I'm not a knee-jerk kinda fan and I'm not going to start now. But if you want to be something more than a .500 team you need for the guy playing qb to be able to make a play here and there. And the guy we have playing that position doesn't, at this time, appear capable of doing that. The intentional grounding was worse play than an interception. Not sure what the answer is.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Why are we so damn inconsistent? Seriously.
Is it the QB? Is it the O-line? Is it the receivers? Is it the play calling?
All I know is we can't find the damn end zone on offense, we're scared to have GZ kick into the wind, defense doesn't know AP is getting the ball deep in the 4th and having your offense focused on 2 players just isn't working.

Bailey..Quick..Cook..hell even Harkey.
Are they not a part of this offense anymore?
Someone said it in the GDT thread and I hate to repeat it: Austin freakin' Davis got more out of this offense than Foles has and he didn't have TG3.

I'm just so freakin' annoyed with this loss because there was NO reason we shouldn't have won.
ESPECIALLY after TB went down.
Oh and Zimmer is a little bitch. Own the fact that you're a coach in a sport where hard hits happen (for various reasons).

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Biggest thing to me though is the conservative play calling and playing not to lose. This is Fisher's M.O. The Rams will never be a perennial playoff contender under him. The only reason I have not been calling for him to be fired is because they're still alive for the playoffs at this point. When the time comes where they're eliminated from contention, the decision should be made that he will not be back next year. There's no excuse for this anymore. They're too predictable. Always running on first down. I was screaming for a play action pass on that last drive where they tied the game. But instead they just kept running. Then in overtime they did the same crap. Run on first down, pass to the line of scrimmage on 2nd, check down on 3rd. His philosophy is in the dark ages. A great defense is being wasted.

swmizzou83

Starter
unreal, you all realize that our Oline and our WRs are not very good right? did Foles drop that long pass to TA? does he have any time when he goes back to pass? not saying Foles is blameless but he is not as bad as his Oline and WRs make him look.
Did Foles miss Britt wide open? Quick wide open? Bailey wide open? Gurley wide open? Every single one of those was a terrible throw.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Disappointing overall, but I was over it by the time we went into OT. What pissed me off was how conservative the offensive play calling was in OT. Horrible, and played right into what Minnesota wanted to do when they deferred during the coin toss.

…..

Legend
We only have Austin because we keep forcing the ball to him.

16-17 combined rushing touches and receiving targets is NOT a very good idea.

We'll never amount to jack shit if Tavon Austin is our star.

Athos

Legend
No matter how good a defense is......

You have to be able to fucking score some points. Like I said. All playoffs teams last year but Carolina scored about 25/game. TWENTY FIVE!

We're nowhere close to that. We're 28th. And looking at some of the teams ahead of us.....pisses me the FUCK OFF!

Because we'd be dead last without Gurley.

We need a QB.

We need a WR worth his weight that shows up every game.

We need an online that is at least passable at pass blocking.

FUCK!

We'd face better teams than MINN in the playoffs. Hence........we are not a playoff team with this wretched offensive shit-shown.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You can't be serious, not at 4-4 and still in the playoff hunt.

8 games remaining. We're two back and with the tiebreaker might as well say 3 back of the wild card. Division might be a better option but Seattle is starting to get it together and AZ is going to win double figures. I don't see ten wins with this team. We'll win a few more but the lack of offense will prevent us from going on a run. We're looking like an 8 or 9 win team. Which is what many though in the beginning.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Too conservative down the stretch.

That Joyner hit was awful on his part.

We were hurt by injuries. Shuffling the o-line and we needed pressure. We needed TJ and Quinn.

This offense is so bad that the Vikings let us have the ball so they could have the wind.

The line can't hold up in big passing situations. They need time.

There is no offensive weapons outside of Gurley and Tavon's versatility. We NEED a legit target that we can go to and get conversions from.

Gurley did well with what he had to deal with.

Foles is limited by what's around him but he doesn't improve the situation. Not looking like the future but is a stop-gap.

We can't be playing for a field goal late.

There is still playoff hopes if the Cards start dropping some of these games they show up sluggish to or if the schedule catches up to Minnesota.

This team is still not there yet. Need another year of O-line development and need some weapons. The D is there this year, but will they slump next year when the offense is hopefully there?

This Team is difficult.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Fisher MUST start Keenum next week. This is not a joke. Our passing offense is the worst in the league so we absolutely have to try something different. Foles is such a terrible passer, and soooooo terrible in and out of the pocket, it's amazing. He's not the only problem we have, but I believe he is the majority of it.