Vent Thread: Rams@Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
This year, every game has been hard work after years of hard work. I just wish I could watch a game and enjoy it.The Fisher wins are teeth grinding.
I remember watching the GSOT teams knowing they would win. That was fun. This isn't fun. Even the wins are tough battles.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The team looked solid for the first twenty minutes or so. Goff made some sexy throws. That TD drive at the end of the first half was awesome. As for the rest of it....

vdLE8dJ.gif
Damn funny. I had to save that for later.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still not sure this isn't fishers payback for his Super Bowl loss

I mean there isn't much else anyone can say .. it's all becoming redundant
Our strength got shown up today
Outcoached
Made to look silly
The only bright spot is Goff

FRO

Legend
Linehan had an 8 win season. Spags had a 7 win season.
The best Fisher has mustered is a 7 win season and will be lucky to win 5 this year.
Unbelievable
i said 6 wins before the season and I'm sticking to it. One thing Fisher coached teams do is win a few games against tough teams to make you believe there is hope.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Obviously, the egg laid by the defense today is concerning. That was not a good look at all. I'm not going to hit them too hard though unless this continues ... and history says it won't with these guys. They just came off a four game run where the most points they surrendered were 14 and played almost perfect football. But the team was 1-3 during that time, as the offense could do nothing and as the head coach hung them out to dry. They are probably exhausted at this point of the season and were not ready for a track meet. Not an excuse, but nevertheless probably true.

On the other hand, I'm hoping all of those members of the He-Man GRob Haters club saw that, even without him touching the field today, the OL is still capable of sucking horribly and getting stupid penalties. They couldn't even get enough push to convert a 4th and 1 against a dogh!t defense. The problem with GRob is the same problem with every single OLinemen on our roster, they are horribly coached, and in large part because they are in a blocking scheme that does not fit their physical makeup.

And to add insult to injury on the OL front, after numerous posters here said what was obviously common sense - don't start Saffold at LT, he'll get injured - what happens? Saffold gets injured. It's not like this is hindsight, and it's not like this trend wasn't their before. For whatever reason, Roger Saffold is ill-suited to play LT in the NFL because he cannot stay healthy when he does.

And of course, whe he goes down - as we knew he would - we lack the depth to replace him. Plus, where we had largely avoided the injury bug at OL this season, now Saffold is hurt and if he can't go we are going to go back to shuffling guys around. Brilliant move, just f---ing billiant ... insert slow, sarcastic clapping here.

Also, there was at least one instance of Goff throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down today ... does Boras not know that you actually have to get beyond the sticks to get a first down? Does he know that close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades? Apparently not. And apparently his boss doesn't either.

I will say the officiating sucked today, as it did ... but how is it that year after year, teams are allowed to hold our defensive linement with impunity, particularly when our head coach is on the competition committee? Has he ever even mentioned this to the league office?

All in al, a pathetic showing, but to be expected given the way Fisher has entirely mismanaged this season, from his hard-on for Case Keenum to the detriment of Goff's readiness, etc. etc. etc.

But, on the bright side, this just about had to seal his fate. Barring a miracle run of 5 in a row, we are going to finish under .500 again, and this time will be lucky to even get to 7-9.

You got nobody to blame for this but yourself, Jeff. You couldn't or wouldn't change with the times, now it looks like the times will change you. Enjoy your retirement.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Fisher is stubbornness personified. Never seen somebody who acted so doggedly loyal about something that hasn't worked for him in the last 15 years or so. It's like a guy who keeps believing a girl who keeps cheating on him, every time was the last time. Eventually you have to wonder if they just enjoy getting shafted.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I remember watching the GSOT teams knowing they would win. That was fun. This isn't fun. Even the wins are tough battles.
Yeah, and Martz got fired for only going 7-9. And even that year was fun to watch!

Martz's floor is Fisher's ceiling and Fish can't get fired? WTF!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

Rams DT Michael Brockers, on whether Saints were rubbing it in with the late gadget play: "I don't know. I don't know. It's a good offense, they want to score points, they're at home. We just have to be prepared for everything."

6576e083-facf-431c-8ef6-2e93f85c3087.jpg

Todd Gurley, his team 4-7: "We just have to keep fighting, man. No matter what the record is, you don't want to go out like little punks."

Rams quarterback Jared Goff, who went 20 of 32 for 214 yards, 3 touchdowns, 1 interception and 1 fumble: "I don't think there's any moral victories. I obviously felt a lot more comfortable in my second game; just my experience. I felt better out there. I was able to see it a lot better and was able to slow it down a little bit. But at the same time, I want to win."

100cdbee-ed51-47c1-bff1-4ad575974741.jpg

FRO

Legend
Yeah, and Martz got fired for only going 7-9. And even that year was fun to watch!

Martz's floor is Fisher's ceiling and Fish can't get fired? WTF!
I didn't think Martz was a great HC. He inherited a very talented roster and sort of ran it into the ground. That being said he did win a lot of games and coached to win. This playing not to lose crap only leads to losing not to mention it is insanely boring. Get aggressive coaches that coach to win football games. Get some offense for once. The offense has been bad for about 8 years. No reason for it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rams (new) LG Jamon Brown, on Jared Goff: "He's getting more and more confident, more and more comfortable."

1f507283-189c-46ca-a348-c44095b90f59.png

EasyE

Starter
I dont care where u were drafted or how much you are paid, if u dont produce you dont play....this is a production league, get it done or else...

I dont care if your name is Gurley, Quinn Grob,Tavon or anyone else...

I am sick of potential....next man up....it's all about the blue and gold, not the individual names....

Rock On

bdfitz

UDFA
Goff and Gurley will be better than fine. Just paid Austin too much but I love having the guy. Off topic, it always ticks me off when a guy like Ginn gets a 1st and goal. Gets up, struts into the end zone, faces the crowd and spins the ball. If that were Britt or Austin, a 15 yarder. I saw Britt get one a couple weeks ago for spiking the ball, delay of game after a deep catch. As long as Fisher is here, they’ll be viewed as losers.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I don't even know what to say at this point. These Fisher games are starting to suck the fandom out of me and that's never happened before.. I honestly can't fathom my emotions if he is retained and is our coach next year. For all that is holy, go and get Harbaugh and pay the man whatever we wants. It's time for a horns resurgence for fucks sake.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
When's the last time we've ran a draw play? I remember a 2nd and long situation where Nola were in an obvious pass defense and thought a draw would've been good for ten yards or so.

Running game is just too damn predictable.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1-6 in the last 7 very winnable games . This team is just not good enough.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I came into this game already vented-out that the Rams pissed away the first half of the season. To me this is the Rams second real game, arguably the first since they handcuffed Goff so badly last week. So the Rams are basically in preseason mode so not exactly a surprising result. Obviously the defense has no excuse, they simply got outcoached by a team looking to embarrass our DC and he played right into it.

Anyway, games like these happen to teams starting rookie QBs while they are taking their lumps. The only thing that makes me sad is this should have been the first or second game of the year and in the rear-view mirror by game 11. But once again we're in Fisher "do-over" mode while the rest of the NFL moves on without us.

Denial is a river in Africa.....

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The depressing thing is the opportunity squandered by Fisher and Snead. A bounty of picks from the RGIII trade and a ton of cap space and the Rams still aren't a good football team. There are holes everywhere and limited draft resources to work with. It's depressing. The 4 winning seasons in the last 27 years are all credit to Vermiel and Army. Outside of those two the Rams haven't had the ability to identify and develop talent.

And look at who just woke up......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.