Vent Thread: Rams@Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
@Fatbot
You disagree?
With what exactly? I'm just curious. Now that people can give the thumbs down, they don't ever take the time to explain what it was they disagree with..... and I said a lot lol. You disagree with all of it? Dang dude. That's harsh. ;)
Maybe I disagree with robo-obesity, did you consider that??? Huh? :thinking: :neener:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
wow....I needed this....and I read every comment. How the mighty have fallen....kinda sad really. I got some comments to some quotes that stood out:
Fisher: "Keep this up and we're both going to be out of a job!"
Williams: "Who is this 'WE' you keep talking about? You got a mouse in your pocket?"
too funny to NOT post again. LOL!

The painful reality is we thought this team was ascending, however longtime Rams fans are thinking we may be right where we have been for the last 14...in the basement of the NFL for a prolonged period.
I think we HAVE ascended. Just a little lower and a lot slower than most wanted to believe...
Im just concerned with how poor the defense has played in the last 66 minutes.
They've quit. My opinion...Just a few clues are the effort and execution of tackling...dudes are making business decisions.

On the other hand, I'm hoping all of those members of the He-Man GRob Haters club saw that, even without him touching the field today, the OL is still capable of sucking horribly and getting stupid penalties. They couldn't even get enough push to convert a 4th and 1 against a dogh!t defense. The problem with GRob is the same problem with every single OLinemen on our roster, they are horribly coached, and in large part because they are in a blocking scheme that does not fit their physical makeup.
I saw some nice pockets in the first half...but I thought G-Rob was fine as well. And I did expect Saffold to get hurt...

but your point is well taken....much like Quick, G-Rob is not the end all, be all of bad play on the Rams offense. It starts much higher up...

IMO, defenses depend largely upon emotion to excel at a high level over any extended period. It's difficult to do that consistently, especially when supported by a feckless offense. (see Fisher & co)
Exactly....lack of commitment...lack of effort...can really make a decent unit LOOK terrible. we quit...plus, several of our players are not that good. EJ Gaines is one of them....So is Tru...Of all of the poor selections of O-Linemen, we have a serious issue of drafting guys that can't cover. Lots of slow zone corners I'd call them. And 3 SS on the field, while a nice concept, leaves us a little weak against the stronger running teams. AD & Brockers have been covering that up for several years. SS at FS also leaves us weak against passes up the seams. But I agree with everything you say here '62.

Just freakin SAD! Embarrassing effort on D. I think the team has officially quit. Next week could be really ugly.
Agreed. Enough of the players are packing it in. I thought Tru, & EJ were just terrible yesterday. Barron & Tree, yuck! Mo.... was he even trying to tackle Hightower? I have to wonder if benching G-Rob had the negative effect of splitting the team? Defense just wasn't playing hard.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
wow....I needed this....and I read every comment. How the mighty have fallen....kinda sad really. I got some comments to some quotes that stood out:

I think we HAVE ascended. Just a little lower and a lot slower than most wanted to believe...
They've quit. My opinion...Just a few clues are the effort and execution of tackling...dudes are making business decisions.

I saw some nice pockets in the first half...but I thought G-Rob was fine as well. And I did expect Saffold to get hurt...

but your point is well taken....much like Quick, G-Rob is not the end all, be all of bad play on the Rams offense. It starts much higher up...

Exactly....lack of commitment...lack of effort...can really make a decent unit LOOK terrible. we quit...plus, several of our players are not that good. EJ Gaines is one of them....So is Tru...Of all of the poor selections of O-Linemen, we have a serious issue of drafting guys that can't cover. Lots of slow zone corners I'd call them. And 3 SS on the field, while a nice concept, leaves us a little weak against the stronger running teams. AD & Brockers have been covering that up for several years. SS at FS also leaves us weak against passes up the seams. But I agree with everything you say here '62.

Agreed. Enough of the players are packing it in. I thought Tru, & EJ were just terrible yesterday. Barron & Tree, yuck! Mo.... was he even trying to tackle Hightower? I have to wonder if benching G-Rob had the negative effect of splitting the team? Defense just wasn't playing hard.
As much as I hate reading the vent thread, I have to say that I liked the way you went about this post. It was venting while giving reason to the vent. Not easy to do after what we have been through this season.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I do not usually take part in the "Vent Threads", I think they are counter-productive! BUT I just don't understand how a "D" that had been playing so well, waiting for the "O" to catch up, Can fold in the second half after the first half that Goff had!
IF both sides showed up in the same game, we Kill-um!!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
@Fatbot
You disagree?
With what exactly?
My disagreement is the same that I posted before so didn't think I needed to post it again -- that you miss the point of the vent thread.

If you don't want to read people complaining, stay out of the vent thread.

If you made your comment in any other thread I would have given you a thumbs up. After all, the uniqueness of this place is its positivity -- but the one place it's ok to be a complaining jackass without recourse is the vent thread. Or used to be at least, seems the mods might be re-thinking its purpose, who knows.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My disagreement is the same that I posted before so didn't think I needed to post it again -- that you miss the point of the vent thread.

If you made your comment in any other thread I would have given you a thumbs up. After all, the uniqueness of this place is its positivity -- but the one place it's ok to be a complaining jackass without recourse is the vent thread. Or used to be at least, seems the mods might be re-thinking its purpose, who knows.
Not rethinking its purpose. We have never been ok with members using derogatory terms toward the organization in ANY thread - including the vent thread. We still expect a level of respect but understand when people want to vent about a loss. The purpose is allowing members a thread to get shit off their chest without it spreading to the rest of the threads in the board.

Unfortunately, it seems some think the GDT is a vent thread and then the next day, it is perfectly acceptable to create several vent type threads. I have never liked the vent thread and rarely participate in it. But I really get tired of seeing it spill over onto the rest of the board even if we have it. I question the effectiveness at times.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Not rethinking its purpose. We have never been ok with members using derogatory terms toward the organization in ANY thread - including the vent thread. We still expect a level of respect but understand when people want to vent about a loss. The purpose is allowing members a thread to get crap off their chest without it spreading to the rest of the threads in the board.

Unfortunately, it seems some think the GDT is a vent thread and then the next day, it is perfectly acceptable to create several vent type threads. I have never liked the vent thread and rarely participate in it. But I really get tired of seeing it spill over onto the rest of the board even if we have it. I question the effectiveness at times.

Just my opinion but I dislike the thumbs down without regard to it's purpose...I don't care for the negative ambience that it brings here...

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Not rethinking its purpose. We have never been ok with members using derogatory terms toward the organization in ANY thread - including the vent thread.
Thanks for the explanation. Totally agree with the policy, the post I was responding to wasn't objecting to derogatory terms, it was objecting against people complaining.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Thanks for the response.

See, I needed to vent as well. I needed to vent about the overwhelming negativity in the GDT that seemed to be rampant before the game was decided.
Rather than do that somewhere else, I used the vent thread.

I appreciate the explanation

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks for the explanation. Totally agree with the policy, the post I was responding to wasn't objecting to derogatory terms, it was objecting against people complaining.
No. I got that. Sorry if my response seemed directed at you. I actually appreciated the way you addressed it. Cheers man.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just my opinion but I dislike the thumbs down without regard to it's purpose...I don't care for the negative ambience that it brings here...
I agree and we have been talking about that. My biggest objection is the ambiguity. It seems very unclear as to what exactly they are disliking. I'd rather have people take the post or section of the post they disagree with and say what they disagree with. Much more of an open dialogue.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks for the response.

See, I needed to vent as well. I needed to vent about the overwhelming negativity in the GDT that seemed to be rampant before the game was decided.
Rather than do that somewhere else, I used the vent thread.

I appreciate the explanation
I understand some of the venting that goes on in the GDT. But I can also say that if I was reading that thread in real time, I would have given at least a few 24 hour timeouts. I don't like all the bitching but understand it as a reaction to what is on the field. What I am completely not ok with is the "so and so sucks" type posts.

I don't spend much time on the GDT thread because I would rather watch the game as I have time and not have to deal with knee jerk reactions. As it turns out, I may check in from time to time after reading some of the childish shit that went on in there.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Usually I will point out what I like or dislike in a statement or post, but rarely have I hit the thumbs down....I doubt ever. My thing is "shoot me" LOL, cause it could be something either I don't agree with or something so painfully true, I just don't wanna hear it....LOLOLOL

Don't worry Mikey...we're close...I still like a bunch of the talent on this team. I even like most of the offense...I think the real need is def. some new attitude type linemen...and I'm not looking at G-Rob. The main position we need to fill is TE. And this should be a very strong TE draft class.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Usually I will point out what I like or dislike in a statement or post, but rarely have I hit the thumbs down....I doubt ever. My thing is "shoot me" LOL, cause it could be something either I don't agree with or something so painfully true, I just don't wanna hear it....LOLOLOL

Don't worry Mikey...we're close...I still like a bunch of the talent on this team. I even like most of the offense...I think the real need is def. some new attitude type linemen...and I'm not looking at G-Rob. The main position we need to fill is TE. And this should be a very strong TE draft class.
Dude, I was thinking the other day while watching Virginia play Virginia Tech that I sure would like the Rams getting Bucky Hodges from Va Tech. He's only 6'7", 240 lbs and plays like a WR.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because Jaguars still suck?
jk jerry - Glad your boy's finally playing. He is the real deal.
Question - is it just me or does he have an (overthrow) problem throwing to the right flat(s)?

I think he has an overthrow problem, period. But we have NFL coaches to fix the problem. Time for them to do their job. I'd also love for him to work with Peyton Manning in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.