Vent Thread: Rams@Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Obviously, the egg laid by the defense today is concerning. That was not a good look at all. I'm not going to hit them too hard though unless this continues ... and history says it won't with these guys. They just came off a four game run where the most points they surrendered were 14 and played almost perfect football. But the team was 1-3 during that time, as the offense could do nothing and as the head coach hung them out to dry. They are probably exhausted at this point of the season and were not ready for a track meet. Not an excuse, but nevertheless probably true.

On the other hand, I'm hoping all of those members of the He-Man GRob Haters club saw that, even without him touching the field today, the OL is still capable of sucking horribly and getting stupid penalties. They couldn't even get enough push to convert a 4th and 1 against a dogh!t defense. The problem with GRob is the same problem with every single OLinemen on our roster, they are horribly coached, and in large part because they are in a blocking scheme that does not fit their physical makeup.

And to add insult to injury on the OL front, after numerous posters here said what was obviously common sense - don't start Saffold at LT, he'll get injured - what happens? Saffold gets injured. It's not like this is hindsight, and it's not like this trend wasn't their before. For whatever reason, Roger Saffold is ill-suited to play LT in the NFL because he cannot stay healthy when he does.

And of course, whe he goes down - as we knew he would - we lack the depth to replace him. Plus, where we had largely avoided the injury bug at OL this season, now Saffold is hurt and if he can't go we are going to go back to shuffling guys around. Brilliant move, just f---ing billiant ... insert slow, sarcastic clapping here.

Also, there was at least one instance of Goff throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down today ... does Boras not know that you actually have to get beyond the sticks to get a first down? Does he know that close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades? Apparently not. And apparently his boss doesn't either.

I will say the officiating sucked today, as it did ... but how is it that year after year, teams are allowed to hold our defensive linement with impunity, particularly when our head coach is on the competition committee? Has he ever even mentioned this to the league office?

All in al, a pathetic showing, but to be expected given the way Fisher has entirely mismanaged this season, from his hard-on for Case Keenum to the detriment of Goff's readiness, etc. etc. etc.

But, on the bright side, this just about had to seal his fate. Barring a miracle run of 5 in a row, we are going to finish under .500 again, and this time will be lucky to even get to 7-9.

You got nobody to blame for this but yourself, Jeff. You couldn't or wouldn't change with the times, now it looks like the times will change you. Enjoy your retirement.

Great post, thirteen 28. I especially like this last sentence. I think you have summed it up perfectly.

Rather ironic that what Fish thought was his strength of persistence to his core football beliefs in the end will cost him his job.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last week, that loss was brutal. This loss was an embarrassment to the 10th degree. For the Saints to pour it on, up 21, with a sand lot trick play, I just had to laugh, but I hope next time we play these guys, it's no holds barred. What happened to our D team? They played as if they had been up all night, cutting loose in Nawlins, like Ken Stabler back in the day, but forgot to show up. Here we are again my friends, looking forward to the next season. Goff gives us hope.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theringer.com/vontaze-burfi...llie-snead-nfl-week-12-b7dbcc4c1a4#.fpjmhn11o

Loser: The Off-Brand Rams

1*nFyuow3jWsLLKU2P3OVLxg.jpeg

(Getty Images)

Clark: Some teams have their brands. The Patriots “do their job.” The Browns lose. The Chargers blow leads. And the Rams play Rams football all the time. (What is Rams football? Rams football is a continuous streak of 10–9 games expertly designed to be so visually uninteresting as to force a football-starved market, without the sport for two decades, to grow bored before December.)

In this respect, the Rams played extremely off-brand football on Sunday. Jared Goff threw his first career touchdown pass, breaking a longstanding franchise rule against touchdown passes. And the defense gave up 42 points in the first three quarters of their shootout against the Saints, and then a 50-yard pass by wide receiver Willie Snead in the fourth.

The fact that the offense looked competent is welcome news. The downside is that the defense turned into a wreck against Drew Brees — the kind of pyrotechnic QB the Rams usually turn into Case Keenum, and who had four touchdown throws in the first three quarters.

Any Rams fan — or fan of competent football — who wished the Rams didn’t play those 10–9 slogs every week is getting their wish today. But, surprise: “via slog” may be the only way the Rams can win games at all.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
At this point every loss is another arrow in the replace Fisher quiver so I don't feel so terrible. I have hope for the future, a Fisherless future. I vented two weeks ago when I could see the playoffs were once again out of reach. 7-9? we would be lucky to see that. The Rams may go win less the rest of the way...more replace Fisher arrows in the quiver.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Unbelievable

Not really, this is essentially the same team as last season....I hate to keep saying this but it kinda surprises me so many expected a vastly different result. This has never been a team one player away i.e., QB.

Now take into account the last 5 lost years and I ask, why is this in any way....... "unbelievable"?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really, this is essentially the same team as last season....I hate to keep saying this but it kinda surprises me so many expected a vastly different result. This has never been a team one player away i.e., QB.

Now take into account the last 5 lost years and I ask, why is this in any way....... "unbelievable"?

Some of us go into each year hoping for the best. That would be why it's unbelievable.

But I'd say Dieter's frustrations are more likely aimed at our top 10 defense barely being able to keep our opponent under 50 points.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
every loss is another arrow in the replace Fisher quiver

Hopefully......but let me also suggest a taste of reality, I believe Kroenke would still hesitate were it not for the LA fan who I have no doubt will vote with their pocket book next spring when season tickets are renewed. Now there's plenty of money out there to keep things rolling for at least until the new stadium opens. Problem is, if you lose the common man, you essentially lose the fan base and that's never a good thing, especially in LA. :(

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Some of us go into each year hoping for the best. That would be why it's unbelievable.

With all due respect, I do understand your point of view. It's perfectly OK to hope for the best and be optimistic things will work out better than might be anticipated. But there's also something to be said for being a tad realistic, if nothing else, it could ease the pain and frustration born of unrealistic expectations. Personally, I've been ready for Fisher to go for the past 2 years as I believed he was not the one to take this team to the next level. And in this case, next level would simply be tier two. This team has been a perpetual tier three team for 5 years under Fisher....can you not see the other side of this coin?

But I'd say Dieter's frustrations are more likely aimed at our top 10 defense barely being able to keep our opponent under 50 points.

IMO, defenses depend largely upon emotion to excel at a high level over any extended period. It's difficult to do that consistently, especially when supported by a feckless offense. (see Fisher & co)

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I dont care where u were drafted or how much you are paid, if u dont produce you dont play....this is a production league, get it done or else...

I dont care if your name is Gurley, Quinn Grob,Tavon or anyone else...

I am sick of potential....next man up....it's all about the blue and gold, not the individual names....

Rock On

Yes, it is about the TEAM.......unfortunately that's also the problem. o_O

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think today, was Greg Williams way of apologizing to Sean Peyton.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The last 4 weeks were crucial. We went 1-3.

Now up

@NE
v ATL
@SEA
v SF
v Az

Hard to see a win in the next 3 but we will win the last 2 and Stan will call that headed in the right direction and give Fisher a 3 year extension.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
can you not see the other side of this coin?
This is the vent thread, not a discussion thread. Posts here aren't trying to engage in rational discourse, it's just for blowing off steam. It's locked in 24 hours and forgotten forever so you should take discussion you think is important to another thread so it isn't lost.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I can't see Kroenke extending Fisher. If he does, he can expect to see a half full Colesium. Fisher's usefulness is done. He's made the teams transition from St. Louis to LA, and I think that because he had experience with moving an NFL team, it was a major reason Kroenke hired him.

But that's done. And its apparent Fishers coaching style is not conducive to winning football. Kroenke will undoubtably review Fishers performance up to this point and the prospects of Fisher taking the Rams to the playoffs.

Mr. Kroenke will most likely come to the same conclusion us ROD members have. Fisher is not getting it done and the players are losing confidence in their HC. Boras is the same lame hire as Shotty and Cignetti. GW is not the greatest DC. If he wants to put butts in the seats he only has one choice: Dump this WHOLE (even GW) coaching staff and bring in a PROVEN offensive minded HC.

If Fisher comes back next year, I'm done. I've waited over 12 years for this team to turn it around, and retaining Fisher will just be more of the same. No more, With the decline of overall play in the NFL, spoiled "me first" players, bad and getting worse officiating, I'm already close to dedicating my Sunday's to fishing. Keeping Fisher is a gaurantee I'll not be watching football next year.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
The last 4 weeks were crucial. We went 1-3.

Now up

@NE
v ATL
@SEA
v SF
v Az

Hard to see a win in the next 3 but we will win the last 2 and Stan will call that headed in the right direction and give Fisher a 3 year extension.
Under Fisher the Rams win games they shouldn't and lose games they shouldn't. They are consistently inconsistent.

FRO

Legend
I can't see Kroenke extending Fisher. If he does, he can expect to see a half full Colesium. Fisher's usefulness is done. He's made the teams transition from St. Louis to LA, and I think that because he had experience with moving an NFL team, it was a major reason Kroenke hired him.

But that's done. And its apparent Fishers coaching style is not conducive to winning football. Kroenke will undoubtably review Fishers performance up to this point and the prospects of Fisher taking the Rams to the playoffs.

Mr. Kroenke will most likely come to the same conclusion us ROD members have. Fisher is not getting it done and the players are losing confidence in their HC. Boras is the same lame hire as Shotty and Cignetti. GW is not the greatest DC. If he wants to put butts in the seats he only has one choice: Dump this WHOLE (even GW) coaching staff and bring in a PROVEN offensive minded HC.
If he extends Fisher he deserves empty seats. If Fisher is retained then losing football is being rewarded. There is no same reason to extend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.