Vent Thread: Rams@Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I got nothing to vent about. Season was over last week. The 1% chance turned to 0% before today's game. So watching the d playing like the season was over didn't upset me.

I was so happy with how goff handled himself in the first half. He got a little overwhelmed in the second half but that's what happens when you're a rookie in your second game and the d let's the tds rain down early in the game. 35 points one series into the second half? That's not something a rookie can overcome.

One game closer to the end of Fisher. I will be inconsolable if they bring this horrible coach back, or any of his staff.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think today, was Greg Williams way of apologizing to Sean Peyton.

Well...

I saw it more of the aints treating this game like their Super Bowl. Peyton was way too excited and animated... he was directing it directly across the field at his ex-coaching partner.

Peyton is a fucking phony... acting like the bounty shit had nothing to do with him.

The dip shits calling the game said that none of the aint coaches were permitted to even say Williams' name to the their players all week.

Fuck off with that Peyton. What a fucking fake piece of shit.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I want to see Goff throwing to Cooper and Michael Thomas and see how they do.

When the Saints defense key in on Britt and Austin, that was it for the Rams offense.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
No need to vent.. it is what it is.. :)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think it's safe to say that about 99% of us would support a Fisher firing tomorrow, me included. I like Jeff too. I like the basis of his football philosophy, i like how hard his players play for him, i like that he brings great defense and special teams play...i also like his sense of humor. Lol.

For whatever reason his team isn't getting prepared to play outside the division year after year. THAT'S A FACT and that's a huge problem when you only play 6 of 16 games against the division.

I hope Kroenke pulls the plug sooner rather than later.
One more thing before i go. If i ever see Sean Peyton on the side of the road...
200.gif

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would like to apologize for my earlier post in this thread. I was venting in the vent thread the way I needed to, instead of making sure I didnt say anything that would be insensitive towards others... I mean The Rams lost, Okay? Serious stuff. How dare I? I got a handful of dislikes and chill pills from posters whose feelings are valid. I was reducing their voice and it wasn't fair and I know they read those words and with shaky voices said "I'm mad and he is pretending to cry... and it.. *sniffles* hur-hurts my feewings soo baaaaad WAAA WAAAGGGHHHH!!!
:cry: :sneaky: :hiding:
I grew up in a family of boys. Two older brothers and this is how I was taught to deal with complaining.... I don't mean to upset anyone but for fucks sake I've been watching this team disappoint for a long time. I have real things in life to remind me of how ridiculous it is to get so wrapped up in a team that -almost always loses- that it makes you lose your shit on an internet message board...
Man, I've been practically immobile all week and in a shitload of pain, I had to go to a sports bar to watch because my team moved out of state and is no longer aired locally, and stand next to my table for 2 1/2 hours because the chairs hurt... but I am watching my team and our rookie QB looks good and life is good because my best friend is at the hospital because his 3 year old daughter is fighting cancer and I'm at a bar watching Rams football...
ūI come here because I love the minds of the posters here and their observations and humor but most of all I'm here because I love the Rams and want to read about them and discuss them but it seems like the only discussion some of you are capable of is complaining.

We're all upset. We all see it. We all want better. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't do anything to fix it.
I love the Rams, but it's just a game.
I was just having some fun and complaining in my own way.
"It would appear that my hypocrisy knows no bounds" ;)

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all due respect, I do understand your point of view. It's perfectly OK to hope for the best and be optimistic things will work out better than might be anticipated. But there's also something to be said for being a tad realistic, if nothing else, it could ease the pain and frustration born of unrealistic expectations. Personally, I've been ready for Fisher to go for the past 2 years as I believed he was not the one to take this team to the next level. And in this case, next level would simply be tier two. This team has been a perpetual tier three team for 5 years under Fisher....can you not see the other side of this coin?

IMO, defenses depend largely upon emotion to excel at a high level over any extended period. It's difficult to do that consistently, especially when supported by a feckless offense. (see Fisher & co)

I wanted Fisher fired last year. Still won't stop me from believing in this team every year. Otherwise, why am I here?

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I really don't have anything else to add that hasn't been said already.
I think/hope the only reason Fisher was brought back was to help with the move and provide some stability for the team. Now that they're settled... He needs to go. Now.

Shoman01

Rookie
Whoa. I thought I only noticed that. He does the semi truck wide turn when he has already passed the QB.
I've been saying that Quinn is way over rated for the past 2 years. He not played well since he got paid. I suggested they trade him last summer, people on this board stroked out. Nice to see that others have the same opinion.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I would like to apologize for my earlier post in this thread. I was venting in the vent thread the way I needed to, instead of making sure I didnt say anything that would be insensitive towards others... I mean The Rams lost, Okay? Serious stuff. How dare I? I got a handful of dislikes and chill pills from posters whose feelings are valid. I was reducing their voice and it wasn't fair and I know they read those words and with shaky voices said "I'm mad and he is pretending to cry... and it.. *sniffles* hur-hurts my feewings soo baaaaad WAAA WAAAGGGHHHH!!!
:cry: :sneaky: :hiding:
I grew up in a family of boys. Two older brothers and this is how I was taught to deal with complaining.... I don't mean to upset anyone but for fucks sake I've been watching this team disappoint for a long time. I have real things in life to remind me of how ridiculous it is to get so wrapped up in a team that -almost always loses- that it makes you lose your crap on an internet message board...
Man, I've been practically immobile all week and in a shitload of pain, I had to go to a sports bar to watch because my team moved out of state and is no longer aired locally, and stand next to my table for 2 1/2 hours because the chairs hurt... but I am watching my team and our rookie QB looks good and life is good because my best friend is at the hospital because his 3 year old daughter is fighting cancer and I'm at a bar watching Rams football...
ūI come here because I love the minds of the posters here and their observations and humor but most of all I'm here because I love the Rams and want to read about them and discuss them but it seems like the only discussion some of you are capable of is complaining.

We're all upset. We all see it. We all want better. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't do anything to fix it.
I love the Rams, but it's just a game.
I was just having some fun and complaining in my own way.
"It would appear that my hypocrisy knows no bounds" ;)

An excellent post. Thank you!

giphy.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ouch! :redcard:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ded-a-break-should-return-to-lineup/#comments

5 Responses to “Jeff Fisher: Greg Robinson “needed a break,” should return to lineup”

Mr. Fisher y0u too have had a string of bad performances. Much longer than Mr Robinson. Hopefully after the next five games you’ll get a break too from your Head Coaching responsibilities.
----------
Looks like 5-11 BS guaranteed for 2016.
----------
He gets a break in the offseason. Is he hurt and cant physically play ? I have never heard of any professional athlete getting a ” break ” during the season unless they were physically unable to play. The Rams need a coach like Tom Coughlin.

The Rams are soft. The BS that Fisher talks about starts with him and spreads throughout the team. Im sure the QB was very happy to hear that they had a left tackle playing that had not played that position since HS.
---------
Its the NFL, you don’t get a personal by week. Just put the B by his name, like Jason Smith, (another Rams # 2 OL pick) and move on..
----------
Lowest scoring team in the league. They cannot scout, evaluate, draft, sign, develop, coach or game plan a game day OFFENSE !!!

Bruce2980

Starter
Are there any board members still think the "season isnt over". At least we wont see that BS this year. I would really like to see someone other than Fisher speak on behalf of the "state of the team". Why cant any reporter in LA not get an interview with Snead
Living in Phoenix the GM is interviewed by local sports radio every week win or lose. It is quite refreshing listening to a guy that wants to put a quality product on the field for the fans. Even if it is just talk there are serious points being made about bringing guys in to improve the team especially during the season. It's not a threat here, it's a fact, if you don't produce you get replaced. It happens much faster in Phonix than it does in LA.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Same here in Philly. Roseman was very active an visible this off season and is always on local radio/TV whenever asked. Snead seemed to be visible in years past, thats why I would like to hear from him. Is his elusiveness an act of dissension or is it anger that a new deal has not been signed? How does he feel about a roster that he helped craft sitting at 4-7? All the fans have in the last 5 weeks is a snicker from Stan when asked at the groundbreaking and todays PFT note: "Rams COO Kevin Demoff, in response to an email from PFT, reiterated after Sunday’s 49-21 loss to the Saints that there is no update regarding Fisher’s contract status".

Kinda funny how the Rams FB, Instagram and Twitter accounts will be sending warm and fuzzy's today about Goffs game, but the real leaders stay behind the curtain and let the fans watch painfully as Fisher races to the "losing-est coach of all time" crown without a peep.

Living in Phoenix the GM is interviewed by local sports radio every week win or lose. It is quite refreshing listening to a guy that wants to put a quality product on the field for the fans. Even if it is just talk there are serious points being made about bringing guys in to improve the team especially during the season. It's not a threat here, it's a fact, if you don't produce you get replaced. It happens much faster in Phonix than it does in LA.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just freakin SAD! Embarrassing effort on D. I think the team has officially quit. Next week could be really ugly.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I wanted Fisher fired last year. Still won't stop me from believing in this team every year. Otherwise, why am I here?

Because Jaguars still suck?
jk jerry - Glad your boy's finally playing. He is the real deal.
Question - is it just me or does he have an (overthrow) problem throwing to the right flat(s)?

Psycho_X

Legend
Question - is it just me or does he have an (overthrow) problem throwing to the right flat(s)?

Just going off of memory it seemed like a lot of his over throws were due to poor footwork. Not planting or turning hips and trying to throw off his back foot or with his body turned awkwardly. All things that can be fixed over time and experience... and an o-line that gives him more time. Not that he doesn't share blame on his throws because he does. But hopefully those can be coached out of him.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Time to stop referring to this defense as "top", in anyway.

Top defense don't give up over 500 yards and 49 points. As others have pointed out, no need to even be mad. I won't be watching next week....back to back east coast trips, 10am PT start, against a MUCH better team? Yikes.

This will be the first time I miss a game by choice in a very long time. Need a break though.

And obviously at this point I think that we all want a new coach next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.