Vent Thread: Rams@Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That just makes it that much worse.

I still believe you when you say Goff is gonna be great

(But as long as Fisher is in charge of this team i'm keeping this coupon near by)

image.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pockets: 1
Fisher: 0

Another tough day around the Parka, we go to Coach Fisher.

"Well, as you know, credit goes to the stitches. They were well placed and presented quite a challenge. The wind made the pockets a bit of a moving target and I needed to do a better job of adjusting to that. We'll go back to the tape and we'll fix that before next week. You saw the injuries. I got a bandaid on my right pinky finger and looks like it's just a bruise on the left thumb, but we'll know more when we get home. As you saw, I did get into the pocket just fine and grabbed the flag, I just ran out of time. So, we're well placed to contend with Pockets going forward. We just need to focus on our execution and we'll be fine."

"Questions?"

"Yeah, Coach. Next week, you're at home against the Falcons and you won't have to deal with jacket Pockets. Are you accounting for your normal use of the back Pocket?"

"Um..." Looks around pensively, "sure. That's how we normally plan to deal with Pockets, so in that respect, we'll be going back to our normal Pocket game plan."

"That hasn't been too successful in the past, Coach."

"We've been fine and we're moving forward. Thanks guys."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still believe you when you say Goff is gonna be great

(But as long as Fisher is in charge of this team i'm keeping this coupon near by)

View attachment 17909

Seeing the Rams stick Goff with Fisher is like seeing your best friend date the batshit stalker woman you broke up with despite you warning him repeatedly that she's loony as fuck. It's a kick in the nuts because you don't want to see her ever again and you know she's going to make your best friend's life hell.

I want to watch Goff, but it'll be a kick in the nuts every Sunday to watch this shit next year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Seeing the Rams stick Goff with Fisher is like seeing your best friend date the batshit stalker woman you broke up with despite you warning him repeatedly that she's loony as freak. It's a kick in the nuts because you don't want to see her ever again and you know she's going to make your best friend's life hell.

I want to watch Goff, but it'll be a kick in the nuts every Sunday to watch this crap next year.

I wouldn't have put it that way, but yeah... since before the draft.....THIS...especially once it became clear Goff was the pick.

This take so much.

Jerry...do you still think Goff can over come Fisher and develop in spite of Fisher, Boras and Weinke?

I don't...at all, but I'm curious if you think he can. I think he'll get to a point based on his natural talent, but he won't develop like he should or would with proper tutelage.

What say you?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't have put it that way, but yeah... since before the draft.....THIS...especially once it became clear Goff was the pick.

This take so much.

Jerry...do you still think Goff can over come Fisher and develop in spite of Fisher, Boras and Weinke?

I don't...at all, but I'm curious if you think he can. I think he'll get to a point based on his natural talent, but he won't develop like he should or would with proper tutelage.

What say you?

I don't know. First time I've had doubts. Goff can overcome bad coaching. But he can't overcome both bad coaching and a bad supporting cast.

Well, I guess he can "overcome" it to some degree. But that won't be until he's on another team.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't know. First time I've had doubts. Goff can overcome bad coaching. But he can't overcome both bad coaching and a bad supporting cast.

Well, I guess he can "overcome" it to some degree. But that won't be until he's on another team.

If he can overcome overthrowing every other pass, that would help a lot. A completion rate worse than Case Keenum?

Mark me down as unimpressed thus far, but still hopeful.

Psycho_X

Legend

He had to just look in the mirror after the game and realize how much of a blessing his release was after going against this offense in a live game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he can overcome overthrowing every other pass, that would help a lot. A completion rate worse than Case Keenum?

Mark me down as unimpressed thus far, but still hopeful.

At least Goff's "overthrows" are in the same area code as the WR. And say what you want, the guy is a lot less prone to stupid decisions than Keenum. That's quite sad considering Goff is a rookie.

What do you think happens when you play a rookie QB? I told people that sitting on the bench isn't a replacement for experience. I told people that they were only delaying the inevitable by forcing Goff to sit because those rookie moments are going to happen no matter what. And guess what? They're happening.

Instead of them happening over the first month of the season, they're happening now. Instead of Goff developing as the season went on, we wasted 10 fucking games on a guy who makes worse decisions than a 22 year old rookie.

So I'll mark you down as "unimpressed," as if that matters, because you made sure to hedge your bets with the "still hopeful" bit.

sugar land

UDFA
Name
SugarLand Dave
Looking back, I told you that quarterback was not your problem. I then listed the problems which finally everyone is becoming aware of. The offensive line is something less than good and Keenum was in there to keep your high-dollar 1st round draft choice from becoming another RG3.

I get no pleasure from knowing what to expect, but it is much better than deluding myself and spending my Sundays feeling bitter about the team and coaches. I hope Goff doesn't get injured before he gets a chance to mature.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking back, I told you that quarterback was not your problem. I then listed the problems which finally everyone is becoming aware of. The offensive line is something less than good and Keenum was in there to keep your high-dollar 1st round draft choice from becoming another RG3.

I get no pleasure from knowing what to expect, but it is much better than deluding myself and spending my Sundays feeling bitter about the team and coaches. I hope Goff doesn't get injured before he gets a chance to mature.

And that's where you went wrong. QB was our problem. It just wasn't the only problem.

Keenum wasn't keeping Goff from becoming anything other than a better QB. RGIII became RGIII because he's fragile, has a gigantic ego, and poor work habits. If Goff is fragile, it doesn't much matter what we do. We're fucked. He certainly doesn't look fragile to me.

Are you a Rams fan or a Case Keenum fan? Serious question. Not meant to be insulting. I see you're from Texas, and I know some people root for the teams their favorite college players play on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.