Vent Thread: Rams@Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Kevin Demoff.... I've heard you're the reason for Fishes extension. Your dad is his agent...Come on here and explain it...I'm very open minded. Please help me understand...We can't win them all, I get that...but what's the lure of fish?

Personally...I don't feel that the players are playing hard anymore...tanking...I've seen it with the Lakers...and I think I'm seeing it now. The players are actually trying to tell management...Let's see if Kevin Demoff is listening...

Really disagree with your assertion that the players aren't playing hard anymore and tanking. Flat out not true. They care more than you'll ever know. Results may not show, but they've not given up like many of the fans have.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Really disagree with your assertion that the players aren't playing hard anymore and tanking. Flat out not true. They care more than you'll ever know.
Ahh, my ole friend/adversary..... You continue to challenge my assertions that the team has quit...

Ok...Let me slow down....Have they all quit? No...Several possible reasons...Mainly, many are NOT established and assured employment elsewhere....the ones that have...Like...say....Tru Johnson. The guy is missing more tackles than I care to explain...And he's up for a new contract. How to explain a guy with talent, constantly not getting dirty in his tackling? William Hayes...guys a starter now...How many tackles has he made this year? How many SACKS? Isn't that why we felt we could go without Long? Sims...meh...Britts sudden drops? Esp on plays across the middle? How about Kendricks? Not the drops, he's always had those...naw, I'm looking at his blocking. The effort..Hell look at many on the line. I'm looking at a guy named Havenstein...One of our best rookies last year. His effort...How many times is a guy gonna run around you and hit your QB?

Look at missed tackles & blocks...The effort. Look at silly mistakes..made by veterans...Look at the guys that wanna come out the game for minor injuries...Look around the league to compare...Quitting is shown in many forms...The #8 defense...versus some pretty good offenses...and we laid an egg both times...missing tackles all the way...allowing high ypc averages....you tell me...what makes YOU believe they are trying "more than I would know"? How can I tell if a player cares? Effort baby...play after play...the players that HAVEN'T quit, Donald, TJ Mac, Ogletree(?), Barron....but that D-Line aint going all out..play after play. Look at Longacre when he gets in the game...totally different effort than Hayes/Sims/Westbrooks/Thomas...Maybe the secondary is trying hard...and it's just a talent issue. Doubt it.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure about the team or players "quitting". If anything they may be pressing too hard to make the big play and do too much. They are in LA, they hear the rumblings, they know what's up. Thats on the coaches to reel them in and provide that stability and calm.

They aren't going to turn the season around on 1 big play. Its a process... But if the players don't believe in or trust that process, its a whole other issue to discuss.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Ahh, my ole friend/adversary..... You continue to challenge my assertions that the team has quit...

Ok...Let me slow down....Have they all quit? No...Several possible reasons...Mainly, many are NOT established and assured employment elsewhere....the ones that have...Like...say....Tru Johnson. The guy is missing more tackles than I care to explain...And he's up for a new contract. How to explain a guy with talent, constantly not getting dirty in his tackling? William Hayes...guys a starter now...How many tackles has he made this year? How many SACKS? Isn't that why we felt we could go without Long? Sims...meh...Britts sudden drops? Esp on plays across the middle? How about Kendricks? Not the drops, he's always had those...naw, I'm looking at his blocking. The effort..Hell look at many on the line. I'm looking at a guy named Havenstein...One of our best rookies last year. His effort...How many times is a guy gonna run around you and hit your QB?

Look at missed tackles & blocks...The effort. Look at silly mistakes..made by veterans...Look at the guys that wanna come out the game for minor injuries...Look around the league to compare...Quitting is shown in many forms...The #8 defense...versus some pretty good offenses...and we laid an egg both times...missing tackles all the way...allowing high ypc averages....you tell me...what makes YOU believe they are trying "more than I would know"? How can I tell if a player cares? Effort baby...play after play...the players that HAVEN'T quit, Donald, TJ Mac, Ogletree(?), Barron....but that D-Line aint going all out..play after play. Look at Longacre when he gets in the game...totally different effort than Hayes/Sims/Westbrooks/Thomas...Maybe the secondary is trying hard...and it's just a talent issue. Doubt it.

Obviously I'm not going to convince you that they haven't quit. Fine, that's your prerogative to believe. All I can tell you is that from talking with them and being with them, the vast majority have not quit and are incredibly frustrated by the way things have gone this season. You're doing the team a disservice by saying the team has quit and is tanking. Simply not true. They're are players playing with injuries that are far more severe than any of you know, and the effort is there even if the results aren't. Sorry, I'm going to defend the players when accusations like yours are lobbed out there.

BTW, love our banter back and forth. :rimshot:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
As far as my VENT goes. I was expecting a better showing from the DEF... and it was a little better than what we saw in N.O.

The offense however? Yikes.
Every week during pregame the talk is about getting Gurley and the run game going. Ummm... Its week 13.

I DID like some things I saw from Goff. He's more elusive than I thought in the pocket and made some throws that SHOULD have been caught.

Worst part of the day was being freakishly outnumbered by Pats fans at a local bar. The funny/sad thing is how cool they were. Even bought me a beer after the Jeff Fisher vs Red flag debacle. Smh

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Vent threads have a 24-hour limit. Close enough. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.