Trust you're own eyes...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone on the Herd did exactly that, went back and reviewed their draft predictions. It was funny how off base they both were yet they get paid a lot of money to run their mouths about what is going to happen and see that they get it wrong three quarters of the time.

yeah thats exactly what I'm talking about they're experts by job description only

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone on the Herd did exactly that, went back and reviewed their draft predictions. It was funny how off base they both were yet they get paid a lot of money to run their mouths about what is going to happen and see that they get it wrong three quarters of the time.

Bravado goes a long way in this world, from politics to sports, it's all about sounding like you know something that you really don't know.

And I don't really care if a guy gets evaluations wrong half the time. What I'm looking for is for a guy to tell something I don't already know, but makes sense, and is different from what the consensus says. Boylhart does that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bravado goes a long way in this world, from politics to sports, it's all about sounding like you know something that you really don't know.

And I don't really care if a guy gets evaluations wrong half the time. What I'm looking for is for a guy to tell something I don't already know, but makes sense, and is different from what the consensus says. Boylhart does that.

I can't recall which poster did the work, but they did a lot of it and it was eye opening. Neither of them are anything close to accurate and after reading the breakdown I pay zero attention to what they say anymore, not that I paid a lot before. There are guys on message boards who do as well or better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey jrry, so what do you think of Bridgewater at this point? Have you changed your opinion that you would take him at #2?

Nope. Franchise QB imo.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I can't recall which poster did the work, but they did a lot of it and it was eye opening. Neither of them are anything close to accurate and after reading the breakdown I pay zero attention to what they say anymore, not that I paid a lot before. There are guys on message boards who do as well or better.

Totally agree.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nope. Franchise QB imo.

Even after the terrible pro day he had?

I don't watch college ball so I rely on people that I read on message boards, and I see almost nobody saying he will be that good. Of course franchise QB can be looked at different ways and sliced and diced. So I'll ask this.....

Do you think he will be a top 10 talent in the NFL? Top 7? Where do you think he will "be" after he has had a few years under his belt.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

I don't watch college ball so I rely on people that I read on message boards, and I see almost nobody saying he will be that good. Of course franchise QB can be looked at different ways and sliced and diced. So I'll ask this.....

Do you think he will be a top 10 talent in the NFL? Top 7? Where do you think he will "be" after he has had a few years under his belt.

I don't put too much stock in Pro Days. Drew Brees had a horrendous Pro Day. Matt Ryan had a bad one.

I just watch Bridgewater and I think, meh. No way I would take him and jettison Bradford. There is no QB in this draft I would take over Bradford. So I disagree with jrry on Bridgewater. We shall see. Right now its just a personal preference.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Pro Day doesn't matter to me. There's no defense. In the game situations, he's stood out to me.

I think he'll developed into a top 5-10 QB if he lands on the right team.

Right now, the only glaring flaw I see in his game is his deep accuracy. And I think I know why, this is a post I wrote up yesterday on it on another site:
Bridgewater's deep ball accuracy is problematic because he has a tendency to under-stride which both can cause the ball to sail and can cause the ball to be under-thrown depending on how much body he puts into the throw. He needs to do a better job of stepping into the throw with his plant foot, transferring his weight and driving off his back foot in order to put more velocity on the ball and locate it better. There are examples where he does it correctly such as the back-shoulder deep ball to Eli Rogers against UCF shown below:

And even on this throw, while he stepped into it the way he should have, he could have driven harder off his back foot to put more velocity on the ball...although his accuracy was perfect on the throw.

On the following play against Rutgers, we see Bridgewater's issue pop up more clearly:

Because of pressure in his face, he cannot step into the throw and again fails to drive the ball off his back foot like he should have. His weight transfer here is poor and he doesn't stride into the throw like he needs to. This leads the ball to sail on him and get intercepted. The issue I've noticed is that he has the tendency to do the same thing even when pressure isn't in his face. IMO, it's the biggest reason why his deep ball is so inaccurate. He's not using his throwing base like he should.

I'm not concerned about his frame like some are. His release point is a slight flaw because he's 6'2" and has a low release point for his size which leads to some batted passes but it's not an overwhelming issue.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't put too much stock in Pro Days. Drew Brees had a horrendous Pro Day. Matt Ryan had a bad one.

I just watch Bridgewater and I think, meh. No way I would take him and jettison Bradford. There is no QB in this draft I would take over Bradford. So I disagree with jrry on Bridgewater. We shall see. Right now its just a personal preference.

I don't think I would either. Would try to trade the pick. I'd rather not get rid of Bradford.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I don't think I would either. Would try to trade the pick. I'd rather not get rid of Bradford.

Oh. I thought you preferred Bridgewater to Bradford.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Pro Day doesn't matter to me. There's no defense. In the game situations, he's stood out to me.

I think he'll developed into a top 5-10 QB if he lands on the right team.

Right now, the only glaring flaw I see in his game is his deep accuracy. And I think I know why, this is a post I wrote up yesterday on it on another site:
Bridgewater's deep ball accuracy is problematic because he has a tendency to under-stride which both can cause the ball to sail and can cause the ball to be under-thrown depending on how much body he puts into the throw. He needs to do a better job of stepping into the throw with his plant foot, transferring his weight and driving off his back foot in order to put more velocity on the ball and locate it better. There are examples where he does it correctly such as the back-shoulder deep ball to Eli Rogers against UCF shown below:

And even on this throw, while he stepped into it the way he should have, he could have driven harder off his back foot to put more velocity on the ball...although his accuracy was perfect on the throw.

On the following play against Rutgers, we see Bridgewater's issue pop up more clearly:

Because of pressure in his face, he cannot step into the throw and again fails to drive the ball off his back foot like he should have. His weight transfer here is poor and he doesn't stride into the throw like he needs to. This leads the ball to sail on him and get intercepted. The issue I've noticed is that he has the tendency to do the same thing even when pressure isn't in his face. IMO, it's the biggest reason why his deep ball is so inaccurate. He's not using his throwing base like he should.

I'm not concerned about his frame like some are. His release point is a slight flaw because he's 6'2" and has a low release point for his size which leads to some batted passes but it's not an overwhelming issue.

I think he just overthrew that guy in the second clip and had the FS not come from the other side of the county LOL that would have just been an incomplete pass and no big deal. He just put a little too much on it IMO. Those throws are both very different types of throws to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he just overthrew that guy in the second clip and had the FS not come from the other side of the county LOL that would have just been an incomplete pass and no big deal. He just put a little too much on it IMO. Those throws are both very different types of throws to me.

Those are just two examples of what I've seen from 10+ games of film study. His deep ball will sail at times and come up short at other times related to the technical issues that I cited imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh. I thought you preferred Bridgewater to Bradford.

As prospects? No. But I'm worried that Bradford's development has been stunted so much by our poor supporting cast and the coaching under Spags that he won't reach his ceiling.

Alan

Legend
Billy Baroo with a great name:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Jimmy Claussen was Kiper's #5 overall in 2010
Damn! I've been waiting forever for someone named Billy to join but how can I pass up that last name? :(
Welcome to the ROD Baroo!

Great to have you as a new member!

“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”
Ruth Reichl

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
As prospects? No. But I'm worried that Bradford's development has been stunted so much by our poor supporting cast and the coaching under Spags that he won't reach his ceiling.
There are some esteemed Rams posters, like zn and his cohorts, who believe Spags was a good coach and should have been retained. Apparently, you think differently. Hmmmm.

Martz said Sam has developed some bad habits due to his poor supporting cast. But he believes it can be corrected. I think we find out this year. And Sam deserves that opportunity and I rather he gets it here.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Damn! I've been waiting forever for someone named Billy to join but how can I pass up that last name? :(
Welcome to the ROD Baroo!

Great to have you as a new member!

“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”
Ruth Reichl
Thanks! Couldn't take the bs on post dispatch anymore.