Trust you're own eyes...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
"He seems confused in zone coverage and consistently gets beat."
That's why I prefer Ha-Ha. Centerfield is what he played in college and so you know what you're getting with him. He might not be the top safety in the draft but he's the top FS in the draft IMO.
Exactly this.

We absolutely have to get better at playing zone, I don't care if it's coaching, players or whatever. It was killing our coverage match up adjustments.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I wouldn't really call guys like Kiper, McShay, Mayock, etc. "experts". I'd call a guy like Mike Martz an expert. But not the draftnik type guys. They're more figureheads than anything imo.

I can't stand Kiper or McShay, but I think Mayock is if nothing else, prepared. I would consider him an expert. However, I was only speaking to the idea that they can't be considered experts because they are more often than not, wrong.

Alan

Legend
tklongball with this:
However, I was only speaking to the idea that they can't be considered experts because they are more often than not, wrong.
That's not my definition of an expert. This is such an inexact process that I wouldn't ever require anyone to be right more often that wrong in order to be labeled an expert. Predictions are just for us fans. Accurate assessments of a players strengths and weaknesses is, for me, the criteria I use when calling someone an expert. I don't anuone could be labeled an expert using your criteria. :)

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not my definition of an expert. This is such an inexact process that I wouldn't ever require anyone to be right more often that wrong in order to be labeled an expert. Predictions are just for us fans. Accurate assessments of a players strengths and weaknesses is, for me, the criteria I use when calling someone an expert. I don't anuone could be labeled an expert using your criteria. :)

That was my point. It was not MY criteria, it was the criteria I was arguing against.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

There's an old cynical definition of expert.

ex - means former
spurt - means a drip under pressure

So expert means - a has-been drip who is under pressure.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
That's certainly a valuable skill to have. :ROFLMAO:
Not if you're leaping in the wrong direction.

Clinton-Dix reads the game better than any other safety in this year's draft (or last year's, for that matter). It's become trendy to knock Alabama players graduating to the NFL and to try to find small-school "under the radar" prospects, but HaHa is easily the best safety in this draft and should be our selection at #13.

Alan

Legend
Flipper_336 with this:
Not if you're leaping in the wrong direction.

Clinton-Dix reads the game better than any other safety in this year's draft (or last year's, for that matter). It's become trendy to knock Alabama players graduating to the NFL and to try to find small-school "under the radar" prospects, but HaHa is easily the best safety in this draft and should be our selection at #13.

There is a kind of courtesy in skepticism. It would be an offense against polite conventions to press our doubts too far.
George Santayana

I was just being polite Flipper. I'm with you 100% on Ha-Ha. Of course if someone beats us to him you need a fallback plan. :)

Alan

Legend
tklongball with a little wiggle-waggle:
That was my point. It was not MY criteria, it was the criteria I was arguing against.
I do consider guys like Kiper, McShay and Mayock to be experts. There are experts and then there are EXPERTS though. ;)
How come we're so smart? :LOL:

Last edited: