Trust you're own eyes...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
tbux underestimating us:
Fair enough- not my business. Just think it is weak to mess with someone who cant defend themselves- Im a "say it to their face" type of guy- but again, don't know what has happened.
What makes you think it wasn't said to their face? That and much worse. It's the reason why I'm posting here. Relax tbux. Get to know us before you judge us. We're doing the same for you. I think in the end you'll be happy with that decision.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
"He seems confused in zone coverage and consistently gets beat."
That's why I prefer Ha-Ha. Centerfield is what he played in college and so you know what you're getting with him. He might not be the top safety in the draft but he's the top FS in the draft IMO.

Yes, but is he worth a #13 pick when FAR better football players are still on the board. IF we draft him it would be a NEED pick. A needy pick. Needy...

tbux

Rookie
Mayock is HORRIBLE. The only reason he's on air is because he says everything like he's DEAD CERTAIN. They never go back and check on whether what he's saying makes any damn sense.

Yeah I disagree- he is one of the more respected football guys out there with a good background and solid analysis.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
You're not really bagging on us for bagging on ZN just because he's not here - right? Especially since he'd be here to defend himself if he hadn't been banned and then offered a chance to come back only to be banned again when his spots returned to their old locale.

Welcome aboard Smails. And you'll get nothing and like it.
How about a Fresca?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Mayock is HORRIBLE. The only reason he's on air is because he says everything like he's DEAD CERTAIN. They never go back and check on whether what he's saying makes any damn sense.
Yeah,alot of that going around on message boards too.

Alan

Legend
OnceARam with this:
Yes, but is he worth a #13 pick when FAR better football players are still on the board. IF we draft him it would be a NEED pick. A needy pick. Needy...
You say far better players but I disagree. CBS has Ha-Ha rated as their 15th best player in the draft. We draft at #13 and that is where need meets value. Are you sure it isn't just because you like another player better? I do that too. :LOL:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think he was better before, he's spread a lot thinner now. It's all a crapshoot anywho, and everybody has their own opinions.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
You say far better players but I disagree. CBS has Ha-Ha rated as they 15th best player in the draft. We draft at #13 and that is where need meets value. Are you sure it isn't just because you like another player better? I do that too. :LOL:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Here's the thing; he's a better safety than he is a FS. We need a FS if we are going to pick a safety that high. And there just isn't that guy in this draft (or last year's draft). However, because we did nothing in FA to plug our hole at FS it does make you speculate as to what we're going to do about it in the draft...

Alan

Legend
OnceARam starting a brand new subject:
Here's the thing; he's a better safety than he is a FS. We need a FS if we are going to pick a safety that high. And there just isn't that guy in this draft (or last year's draft). However, because we did nothing in FA to plug our hole at FS it does make you speculate as to what we're going to do about it in the draft...
So you agree with me that we'd be taking him right where he belongs in the draft.

As for your contention that he isn't a good FS I'd have to disagree with that. Ha-Ha played FS at Alabama and became the 15th best player in the draft by being a great FS. Right? So I understand that you don't agree with that but why? Based on what? Do you think the FS position is played differently in college?

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah thats exactly what I'm talking about they're experts by job description only

You are getting hung up on the term "Expert". By the logic you are using, there has never been an expert hitter in baseball, since nobody has ever succeeded more often then he failed. It is all relative to the difficulty of the task, not the success rate.

Alan

Legend
tklongball sticking his toes in goldfish infested waters:
You are getting hung up on the term "Expert". By the logic you are using, there has never been an expert hitter in baseball, since nobody has ever succeeded more often then he failed. It is all relative to the difficulty of the task, not the success rate.
Welcome to the ROD tk! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting: :seizure: :rockon: :cheers:
Good to see you jumping in with both feet. :) I think you're gonna have a good time.

“No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.”
John Donne

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
think he also had more around him and a better set up in general. I think Bortles has a better skill set for the NFL- stronger arm, taller, and better pocket passer imo. I think Hous will take him.

Disagree. I'd say they were about equal in terms of supporting cast. While DeVante Parker is better than any single WR on UCF, Bortles still had the trio of Worton, Breshad Perriman and Rannell Hall with Jeff Godfrey as a slot WR(I still remember when he was their QB). Bortles also had a pretty good HB combo behind him in Storm Johnson and freshman William Stanback. Bridgewater also had some other solid options in Damian Copeland, Eli Rogers, Senorise Perry and Dominique Brown. I think all in all things were pretty equal.

In terms of skill-set, imo, Bridgewater has the stronger arm. He spins the ball better and has more zip to the sidelines. I also think he's the better passer from the pocket although I'd say both have top tier pocket presence and movement. Bortles is a better thrower on the run though and a better runner.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
So you agree with me that we'd be taking him right where he belongs in the draft.

As for your contention that he isn't a good FS I'd have to disagree with that. Ha-Ha played FS at Alabama and became the 15th best player in the draft by being a great FS. Right? So I understand that you don't agree with that but why? Based on what? Do you think the FS position is played differently in college?

Because he runs a 4.58 40 (not elite speed by ANY stretch of the imagination). That means he'll have trouble making up ground against faster receivers and Vernon Davis. I believe in having a FS that can cover fast tracks of land... in one single bound. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, I wouldn't really call guys like Kiper, McShay, Mayock, etc. "experts". I'd call a guy like Mike Martz an expert. But not the draftnik type guys. They're more figureheads than anything imo.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Well, I wouldn't really call guys like Kiper, McShay, Mayock, etc. "experts". I'd call a guy like Mike Martz an expert. But not the draftnik type guys. They're more figureheads than anything imo.

Martz is QB whisperer. The draftnik guys are more similar to Cesar Millan.