Todd Gurley will play against the Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interestingly enough almost every highlight they show for the Redskins at NFL.com is a run or pass right at Tree.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Matt Jones long td run can you guess who they ran at?

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/0ap3000000534045/Redskins-Matt-Jones-39-yard-touchdown

Again totally taken out of the play by a TE as the ball carrier runs right past you for a td.

Might have had something to do with the bearhug that the refs ignored.

What are you talking about? He shed the block and tried to pursue the play. There were three other Rams that failed to take the corner away.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Interestingly enough almost every highlight they show for the Redskins at NFL.com is a run or pass right at Tree.

Seriously? Of all the players catching hell in this game we are picking on Ogletree? :palm:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
While it may have been somewhat expected our OL could take a year or two to develop quality pass pro, i'm still pretty surprised our rush blocking has performed as poorly as it has. Gurley won't be able to do it all on his own, he'll need the rest of the O to get behind him. I suspect they'll get it together sooner rather than later, although it appears many overestimate our time line for consistent success.
During the pre-season I predicted a 2 - 3 record at the BYE, then we would see chemistry take a better hold, along with the return of some needed personnel. We just lost a game I thought we would win, but we should manage to take 1 of the next 3 prior to our BYE. If our O-Line coaches, OC & HC are worth their weight, they will have our team better prepared and executing with confidence soon.

Today was sad, but not altogether unexpected considering our OL inexperience, not that they deserve all the blame, there was plenty to fault to spread around for this fiasco. And while our D has been slow starting for both games this season, they have at least kept us in it, but it is past time for our O to start earning their keep.
Not to diss the Skins rush attack, they performed extremely well, but we have to find an answer to making every other opposing team look All-Pro caliber in the run game. jmo.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously? Of all the players catching hell in this game we are picking on Ogletree? :palm:
I don't think he had a good game. And to simply say a defensive guy had X tackles he was good just doesn't cut it. There were lots of people that were bad today. It would be easier to list the people who were good than bad. But Tree did not have a good game I don't care if he had 50 tackles he was the focal point of a lot of big plays.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While it may have been somewhat expected our OL could take a year or two to develop quality pass pro, i'm still pretty surprised our rush blocking has performed as poorly as it has. Gurley won't be able to do it all on his own, he'll need the rest of the O to get behind him. I suspect they'll get it together sooner rather than later, although it appears many overestimate our time line for consistent success.
During the pre-season I predicted a 2 - 3 record at the BYE, then we would see chemistry take a better hold, along with the return of some needed personnel. We just lost a game I thought we would win, but we should manage to take 1 of the next 3 prior to our BYE. If our O-Line coaches, OC & HC are worth their weight, they will have our team better prepared and executing with confidence soon.

Today was sad, but not altogether unexpected considering our OL inexperience, not that they deserve all the blame, there was plenty to fault to spread around for this fiasco. And while our D has been slow starting for both games this season, they have at least kept us in it, but it is past time for our O to start earning their keep.
Not to diss the Skins rush attack, they performed extremely well, but we have to find an answer to making every other opposing team look All-Pro caliber in the run game. jmo.

This week, it was the back 7. There was no life at all back there. You need your LBs, safeties, and CBs to step up...our guys didn't. They weren't getting off blocks. And we lost a lot when Jenkins went out. Roberson has cover skills but he lacks Jenkins's balls. Jenkins won't shy away from the ball-carrier or a lead blocker. Roberson wanted nothing to do with either.

They were chop blocking Donald as much as possible to keep him out of their hair. When that happens, it creates a lane. Our defenders have to step up and fill that lane. They weren't doing that today...because they weren't getting off blocks.

TexasRam

Legend
Laurinitus was absolutely horrible getting off blocks today. But there should have been more guys at the LOS defending the run, we were outcoached.

The worst player on the Rams bar none is Cook. He cannot block to save his life. He creates penalties and drops key passes. But mainly he can't block, plays are destroyed due to him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Laurinitus was absolutely horrible getting off blocks today. But there should have been more guys at the LOS defending the run, we were outcoached.

The worst player on the Rams bar none is Cook. He cannot block to save his life. He creates penalties and drops key passes. But mainly he can't block, plays are destroyed due to him.

Most frustrating? Sure. But he's far from the worst player.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The Skins weren't a bad team to begin with. They played tight against the Dolphins so I don't feel as embarrassed as we should be. Getting Gurley in the backfield will do wonders if he's 100%. This game is strictly on the O-line and Fisher's coaching but we still have 14 games to go, we need to stop buying into our own hype.

Miami lost to Jax today, so I'm not sure how good they are either.
I hope you are right though.

Penguin.

Rookie
A pitiful performance. I think Roberson was the only good defender out there today. Ogletree was very meh, James was trash, our D-Line was not hitting home, and Jesus Christ Rodney McLoud. Those horrible angles.

I hope it's just the 3-4 that messed us up.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the tackles are 8 yards past the line of scrimmage and after he took a bad angle yes. Or when he gets knocked back and carried for 4 yards before the RB goes down yes. He is one of those guys that will make 1 nice play a game but totally screw up 4 or 5 as well. He's mediocre at best and certainly a liability in pass coverage.

last i checked he's a linebacker. let's have some good insight on that horrible offense that failed to show sunday. (i'm no disagreeing with your analysis of his play, i'm pretty convinced it took 46 of them to fail and 22 play offense. ) i just want you to be fair when handing out insults. (y)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

You're right about the OL play being expected. Kinda could see this coming from preseason when 60% of your starting line is very inexperienced at pass blocking. I don't think I've ever heard a coach say that their starting LT barely knows how to pass block like was said earlier this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
last i checked he's a linebacker. let's have some good insight on that horrible offense that failed to show sunday. (i'm no disagreeing with your analysis of his play, i'm pretty convinced it took 46 of them to fail and 22 play offense. ) i just want you to be fair when handing out insults. (y)
Don't disagree, just about the whole team stunk up the joint. I'm not however going to say Tree had a good game just because the box score said he had 8 solo tackles and 8 assists.

69superbowl

Rookie
I'd love to see Gurley play against the Steelers, but really, how much of a difference would he or any other running back make? There are no holes. Maybe he breaks a tackle or two and gets 4 yards. He'll be so rusty and so tired he won't change the game. Bennie Cunningham is running like he stole a twelve-pack in Simi Valley. He's doing a great job, but getting nothing for it.

I think the Rams need to bite the bullet, pay Chase Reynolds the twenty to thirty million (billion?) dollars he has obviously been blackmailing E. Stash for all these years and find a real live American fullback to help #30.

At least Gurley will get hit by one less defender behind the line of scrimmage.

jjab360

Legend
I'd love to see Gurley play against the Steelers, but really, how much of a difference would he or any other running back make? There are no holes. Maybe he breaks a tackle or two and gets 4 yards. He'll be so rusty and so tired he won't change the game. Bennie Cunningham is running like he stole a twelve-pack in Simi Valley. He's doing a great job, but getting nothing for it.

I think the Rams need to bite the bullet, pay Chase Reynolds the twenty to thirty million (billion?) dollars he has obviously been blackmailing E. Stash for all these years and find a real live American fullback to help #30.

At least Gurley will get hit by one less defender behind the line of scrimmage.
Gurley is just another level of athlete than the RBs we have on the roster right now. He can make the edge that Benny and Tre can't. He can break that tackle in the hole to turn that 2 yard run into a 12 yard run. He can make players miss or run straight over them in open space to take what should be an 8 yard run the distance.

That's how much of a difference he will make.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I could be wrong, but I suspect jrry32 might be pulling our leg a little bit.

First, a disclaimer.

I haven't yet watched the game although I heard it on Sirius/XM.

If you thought Mason looked rusty, what do you expect from Gurley? And I'm a huge Gurley fan, btw.
Sounded to me like Foles was verrrry inaccurate and missing most of his throws.
Lots of drops. Three by Cook, alone?
OL issues all game long.
Couldn't run worth a damn.
Couldn't stop the run worth a damn.
Cousins looked like a HOF QB.
Jones looked like a HOF RB.
We scored a whopping 10 points. Seven off a turnover.

Does anyone seriously think inserting a rookie RB, even a RB like Gurley, is gonna solve all those problems?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Totally agree. His defenders will throw a bunch of stats at me, but that's like being the tallest midget in the room. He has no athleticism, no fire, never catches a pass in stride, drops are inexcusable, can't (won't) block, and costs too much.
Hope he's gone next year. Like Fish and everything he's done, except Finnegan and Cook.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I could be wrong, but I suspect jrry32 might be pulling our leg a little bit.

First, a disclaimer.

I haven't yet watched the game although I heard it on Sirius/XM.

If you thought Mason looked rusty, what do you expect from Gurley? And I'm a huge Gurley fan, btw.
Sounded to me like Foles was verrrry inaccurate and missing most of his throws.
Lots of drops. Three by Cook, alone?
OL issues all game long.
Couldn't run worth a damn.
Couldn't stop the run worth a damn.
Cousins looked like a HOF QB.
Jones looked like a HOF RB.
We scored a whopping 10 points. Seven off a turnover.

Does anyone seriously think inserting a rookie RB, even a RB like Gurley, is gonna solve all those problems?

Brother as a well known and loved poster take a xanax and go sit and study every freaken play the rest of us sat through to the very end yesterday. Go NOW!!! Don't take our words for it. Its a MUST see and yes rewind and rewatch some of the harder to believe plays. Get to know what we are up against in this very long season. Your a bright guy I think you can find a bright spot somewhere in all of this poorly called,prepared,executed, game mostly won in the trenches. From the many RAMS fans there I keep hearing how unmotivated our guys acted even before the game like they thought we could just show up and walk through this bunch of HIGHLY Motivated veteran players.

Go now and you are allowed to FF through commercials. We'll talk after you see it with your own eyes.:sick::censored::mad::eek:o_O

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The team today was the team's of yesteryear but Todd Gurley changes all of that.
I hope you're right. But IF the O-Line doesn't take-care-of-Business I don't care who the RB is, he'll get no-where!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Football is a game of match ups. I really like are chances if Gurley and Quick play.
I hear you, But don't get too carried away, it will be the 1st game of the season for both of them!! Patience!!